PDA

View Full Version : WANABE's kONA LIVES

Big Proppa
07-28-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm posting this up for Wanabe :
In case anyone is interested, this Kona is now ALIVE !
(thanks Big Proppa)
Long story short: engine was rusted over; would not turn AT ALL (much water sitting in the cylinders rusted all over the heads, valves, etc); took apart and went to town; put back together, rebuilt carb, corrected wiring, removed 10 ft of ski rope from the pump shaft, etc, etc.
Ran it on Lake Hodges in San Diego last Sunday (with some friends in case I needed a tow but no tow was necessary); ran all day.
Now I need to do something about the hull (ugh!).
Awesome job dude! - I am impressed with how soon you got it running - this was definately a man on a mission and a budget and he made it happen for his family. Congrats and happy boating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INRgLznTBH4
http://www.socaljetboats.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=833.0;attach=3539; image

beerjet
07-29-2007, 10:26 AM
"PATCHES" did run good and we all had a good time .
-beerjet-

wanabe
07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
beejet appropriately dubbed it "Patches" and it was good of him to come out for the inaugural run.

Goad
07-31-2007, 01:02 PM
I was a non-believer .....i saw this boat just after he got it and ... :eek: he had his work cut out for him....
sure enough, i swing by his hosue a couple of weeks later and he told me "we're gunna try to start it tomorrow".....:jawdrop:
so we set a date to go for a test run...and figured at best, it would trot along, but not get on a plane....the cylinders were rusted bad and im sure that he was going to be losing compression.....but no, it ran strong ALLL DAY.
congrats to wanabe for having the drive most of us dont have and bringing this old relic back to life.

wanabe
07-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks Goad and thanks also for coming out for the inaugural run

pw_Tony
07-31-2007, 02:40 PM
That's awesome you got that thing running. Im just not used to someone buying a "project" and actually getting something done! Looks good, keep up the work:)