PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm what do you think should happen

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Legislator's DUI case in limbo
Jul. 29, 2007 11:26 AM
Lake Havasu City - A lawyer handling a state legislator's drunken-driving case stemming from a March arrest says he's still investigating and hasn't yet decided whether and when to file charges.
Republican Representative Trish Groe of Lake Havasu City was arrested in La Paz County on suspicion of drunken driving, and lab tests later found her blood-alcohol level was just under point-one-five, nearly twice the legal limit.
Attorney Dennis Wilenchik was hired by La Paz County to handle possible prosecution of Groe in June. That was after La Paz County attorney Martin Brannan recused himself. He initially transferred the case to Yuma County prosecutors but they sent it back after Brannan criticized a proposed plea deal.
Wilenchik says he's still investigating legal and factual matters of the case and will do what's right for the public and Groe.

ratso
07-29-2007, 01:31 PM
What's she look like?:D

ratso
07-29-2007, 01:32 PM
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/MembersPage.asp?Member_ID=25&Legislature=48

bocco
07-30-2007, 03:42 PM
She's a pig. Lock her ass up. She should be made an example of.
Rio
Yea, but. If your blood-alcohol level was just under point-one-five, nearly twice the legal limit like hers was. Maybe she'd look OK.

Cheaper To Keep Him
07-30-2007, 04:13 PM
I Say lock Em Both Up Fock ums Right

Ziggy
07-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Yea, but. If your blood-alcohol level was just under point-one-five, nearly twice the legal limit like hers was. Maybe she'd look OK.
She was .15 after she'd already been driving for 2 hours from Phx, imagine what she was when she hit the roads in the Valley of the Sun.:eek:
She should have to pay the equal penalty that any other citizen would and maybe a bit extra because she should lead our community by example and face the music.

707dog
07-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Not My Area Of The Map...but I Say She Aint No Better Than Any Other Person That Gets A Dui...if She Drives Down The Same Roads As Everyone Else Then Her Azz Falls Under The Same Rules.............my2cents

07-30-2007, 04:51 PM
She will do rehab and wear a ankle bracelet and 2days

havaduner
07-30-2007, 04:55 PM
She was .15 after she'd already been driving for 2 hours from Phx, imagine what she was when she hit the roads in the Valley of the Sun.:eek:
She should have to pay the equal penalty that any other citizen would and maybe a bit extra because she should lead our community by example and face the music.
I think this about hits it right on the head!

Boatcop
07-30-2007, 05:01 PM
She will do rehab and wear a ankle bracelet and 2days
She's already done 30 days rehab.
2 scenarios can come out of this.
1. The Felony charge sticks. (She DID have a Suspended California Driver's License, due to an unpaid ticket.) Up to 4 months in Prison, Fine and Probation.
But DUIs on a Driver's License suspended for non-DUI reasons are usually plead down to.....
2. Misdmeanor DUI. 1 to 10 days in Jail, Fine, Probation.
#2 will more than likely be the outcome. A Felony conviction will require her to resign her seat in the Legislature. But judging from the reaction of some people in her District, she may not get re-elected if she decides to run again.

dunaholic
07-30-2007, 07:25 PM
So you can be a drunk and commit a folony and serve in our government???? Say it ain't so!!!
next your going to tell me that you can lie under oath and be president of the United States.
What Kind of idiot do you think I am. politicians are all honest and would never commit a crime. :D

INI
07-30-2007, 07:39 PM
was she the hit and run on Daytona couple months ago?

Baja Big Dog
07-30-2007, 08:15 PM
WWSJD
What Would Sherriff Joe Do!