PDA

View Full Version : chevy techs

HIRED GUN
07-29-2007, 11:25 AM
I just bought a 6.0 chevy truck and it now has 2670 miles on it....when i just got back from the lake and backed the boat in the driveway...after about an hour of unloading went to start truck and had zero oil pressure!!...i checked oil level all good.So i started it again same problem,let it ran for about 20 seconds,thinking gauge was bad..nope lifters started clattering,immedialtely shut it off....:mad: :mad: :eek: ........well i waited about an hour and said what the hell,started it again...pressure came back up and all is good.....took to dealer following day they said it was a gauge..:mad: ..i said the gaugehmm,does that make the lifters click?they said no..well i told them i know a little about motors and it is not a gauge!..they said they cant help me until it does it again!....now that my motor has probable damage or maybe will break down with the lady driving it,im scared of driving or someone else driving it........the rest of that day the truck ran fine and pressure is good.today went to start and guess what? oil pressure was ALL over the place yet it didnt hit zero it was going from 10-40-20-50psi at an idle...please comment on this..sorry it was long winded..oh BTW the dealer is 45 minutes away!!!!!!!!!......rich

Daytona100
07-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Pressure regulator valve probably stuck in the pump. Pump is driven off the front of the crankshaft. Another thing that happens is the pickup o-ring is cut and bleeding off oil psi. Mike:D

dc96819
07-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Theres been lots of collapsed lifters on the 07s
check the oring
dont work for chevy

JakeC.
07-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Pressure regulator valve probably stuck in the pump. Pump is driven off the front of the crankshaft. Another thing that happens is the pickup o-ring is cut and bleeding off oil psi. Mike:D
just kike daytona100 said. the oil pump is driven off the front of the crank and somtimes the oil pressure regulator will get stuck or you have pressure bleeding off somewhere. as a tech, there is not much we can do if we can on duplicate the concern. i would sugest if possible, the next ime it happens if you can tale it straight to the dealership dont shut it off, and have the service writer, manager and tech take a look at it as it is doing it. if there is engine damage then it would be coverd under warranty anyways and would be fixed.

VDRIVERACING
08-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Definitly get it to the dealer as many times as possible. The lemon law works, but you need documentation. GM will honor their warrenty, but they often repair the minimum aspects without correcting the whole problem, causing us to go back time and again until its right.
I have gone to the service manager before and got some action when the writers gave me lip service. One time the writers told me my tires needed to be rotated to solve the front differnetial noise! NOT. They ended up replacing the gears...
Not to drone on, but play hardball.

HIRED GUN
08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Definitly get it to the dealer as many times as possible. The lemon law works, but you need documentation. GM will honor their warrenty, but they often repair the minimum aspects without correcting the whole problem, causing us to go back time and again until its right.
I have gone to the service manager before and got some action when the writers gave me lip service. One time the writers told me my tires needed to be rotated to solve the front differnetial noise! NOT. They ended up replacing the gears...
Not to drone on, but play hardball.
thanks apparently im gonna have to..:mad: