PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator 25-26 Eagle vs. Ultra 24 Stealth vs. Nordic 25 Rage

MOBrien
02-19-2006, 11:02 AM
If all had the 496HO and were mid-cuddy/open bow; what are the differences in speed & acceleration, handling in both smooth & rough conditions, & overall interior room? How would you rank these boats in a 1-2-3 scenario & why? The mfg's are all excellent builders in my book, so I'm NOT lookin for a "quality" debate.
thanks for any educated insight,
MOB

N2Lake
02-19-2006, 11:32 AM
I had a Nordic Rage for 2 years, Handles well in nearly all water conditions, the real big chop starts to beat on it a bit. The acceleration was great, rolled over onto plane very quick with minimal bow rise, then pulled hard from there on. Top end should be somewhere from 72 to 75 with the HO.
Here is the great thing about this boat, if you ever decide to throw some more power at it, it handles well into the mid 90s. The boat never had any weird handling quirks.
I would/will buy another one.

N2Lake
02-19-2006, 11:35 AM
I can't rate them, as I have no 1st hand info on the Eliminator, or the Ultra.
You will get plenty of other responses though. :argue: :)

SnakeWrench
02-19-2006, 11:44 AM
You should take a look at the Cobra 260 Razor. Faster than all you mentioned with HO's.

Outnumbered
02-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Keep re-sale in mind. Eliminator and Ultra will get you more. As soon as the boat show hit I had 3 people wanting my boat and got all the money for it. My 496 Mag 24 Ultra Stealth ran 67 on GPS, should be a solid 70 with the HO. You won't get more interior room in a 24 or some 26s than the Stealth, go look and see for yourself. Handles chop better than you would think. We had no problems running the channel hard at Powell with the big boys. Havasu is no big deal and the big water by Cottonwood Cove on Mohave is also doable but not at 50+.

MOBrien
02-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I had a Nordic Rage for 2 years, Handles well in nearly all water conditions, the real big chop starts to beat on it a bit. The acceleration was great, rolled over onto plane very quick with minimal bow rise, then pulled hard from there on. Top end should be somewhere from 72 to 75 with the HO.
Here is the great thing about this boat, if you ever decide to throw some more power at it, it handles well into the mid 90s. The boat never had any weird handling quirks.
thanks N2. I am definitely a fan of Nordic....really like their lines & how they sit in the water. Exhaust routing is pretty trick too. Hull capabilities are also important to me. Tossing more power later on is surely a possibility. :D

MOBrien
02-19-2006, 01:13 PM
You should take a look at the Cobra 260 Razor. Faster than all you mentioned with HO's.
hadn't considered them. why is it quicker?

ROZ
02-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Because he works there :D

acatitude
02-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Shit Mo just buy my Howard and be done with it

MOBrien
02-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Keep re-sale in mind. Eliminator and Ultra will get you more. As soon as the boat show hit I had 3 people wanting my boat and got all the money for it. My 496 Mag 24 Ultra Stealth ran 67 on GPS, should be a solid 70 with the HO. You won't get more interior room in a 24 or some 26s than the Stealth, go look and see for yourself. Handles chop better than you would think. We had no problems running the channel hard at Powell with the big boys. Havasu is no big deal and the big water by Cottonwood Cove on Mohave is also doable but not at 50+.
Resale value is definitely on my mind. I almost called you several times. But would've just been a tire kicker wasting everyone's time. Nice boat you had there. What's next?

Burley1
02-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Because it is a tunnel

MOBrien
02-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Shit Mo just buy my Howard and be done with it
I've come to the difficult realization that a cat is just not in the cards for us. At least not in the near future. No matter how bad I want a tunnel, I can't justify the insurance costs.
Dude, are you as antsy as I am to get this Shasta trip on? Fock, is it June yet?

MOBrien
02-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Because it is a tunnel
negative, the Venom is the tunnel. Pretty bad-ass too. But I'm not lookin at tunnels.

acatitude
02-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Ya Mo im ready for it. going out next sunday for some testing and tuning on the sow. Good luck in your hunt, I know youll find something good. I totally understand the Ins issue. you dont even wanta kow

MOBrien
02-19-2006, 01:35 PM
I totally understand the Ins issue. you dont even wanta kow
exactamundo. I could go there, but I'd have to go to an older boat to accomodate the costs. If I stick wtih V's, I can get a much nicer boat because I'm not having that ins hanging over me.
Believe me, I've been battling this issue in my head since I met up with you guys. Would I love to have a newer cat.....of course....no brainer. But I gotta stay with what's realistic if I wanna stay on the water. Hopefully the cat crew will satisfy my need for speed now and again with a ride here and there........

acatitude
02-19-2006, 01:39 PM
I hear ya, your welcome anytime bro. Im actually looking at a baja outlaw, god forbid.lol

MOBrien
02-19-2006, 03:38 PM
additional info/comments?
thanks.

THOR
02-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Everyone has said the obvious. But, you will be able to pick your graphics with Eliminator and Ultra. Nordics seem to give you one or two common themes then you can pick the color of that theme.

SnakeWrench
02-19-2006, 06:47 PM
The 260 Razor is a single step bottom that is as balanced as any deep V can be. The 260 Venom is a tunnel and yes it is fast also, But the great thing about the 260 Razor is that it is a 75 MPH 26 V-bottom with an HO, AND the other thing that is as important is that trim tabs are not required on the Razor. It will not porpose(sp) or chine walk. There are pleanty of people on these boards that have ridden in or driven the Razor and can attest to the fact that the razor runs 75 on flat water with no porpose or chine. In fact, this past week I took two couples out for a test ride that were in the market for 26 to 28 ft v's. One was very dedicated to a builder and he even said, "Hey the ********** that I just test drove had to have trim tabs and they said it was because the boat was designed for rough water." What a crock. The razor handles all the rough water that 28 Ft handles, bt you also get the performance of a much smaller boat.
Lets set up a test ride and you'll see why we think it is the best all around 26 ft V-bottom anywhere.

SnakeWrench
02-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh, By the way, you can pick your graphics with us too.

Nord
02-19-2006, 06:52 PM
I have the 236 eagle and it handles very well.........
I've ridden in the ultra and it was o.k but under powered so hard to rate.
I've been in RiverDave's Nordic and I'm deaf...... :crossx:

MOBrien
02-20-2006, 08:52 AM
additional insight on comparing these three boats???
Thanks,
MOB

Havasu1986
02-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Don't know about the other boats, but we have a 25' 98 Eliminator Eagle open bow. When we drive up to Park Moabi in the morning before the crowd wakes up its a great and smooth ride at 60. On the way back we get beat up pretty good with all the boat wakes. Its also pretty tight going from the cuddy cab to the open bow. Other than that we love our boat, was down at Eliminator last week looking at there 28-30.

MOBrien
02-20-2006, 05:54 PM
need more insight on this comparison please.......Anyone else with first hand knowledge/experience with these boats?
thanks.

THOR
02-20-2006, 07:08 PM
MO,
you have a lot here. The Eliminators and Nordics will weigh slightly more than the Ultra. Stepped hulls generally run faster than non stepped. Eliminators are race proven hulls and are well known. They dont sell over 300 boats just by coincidence.

rivercrazy
02-20-2006, 07:20 PM
OF those three the Eliminator would be my personal choice. Its the better rough water ride. The ultra would probably carry the most people. The Nordic would probably have the best top end.
Didn't hear anyone ask about the Cobra. Not sure why Cobra needs to spam on just about every boat related thread

SBullet
02-20-2006, 07:29 PM
I second that! I've had my Nordic 25 Rage 2 years and it's all around good Havasu Boat and it handles the Chop pretty damn good.

THOR
02-20-2006, 07:51 PM
OF those three the Eliminator would be my personal choice. Its the better rough water ride. The ultra would probably carry the most people. The Nordic would probably have the best top end.
Actually, the Ultra is faster than the Nordic

rivercrazy
02-20-2006, 07:55 PM
IS the Ultra the former DCB 24 Extreme hull or their cab forward 24 footer? Accuracy of boat magazine articles assumed accurate, the Nordic with a 496HO is one of the fastest 25 footers stock. If memory serves, the 24 cab forward ultra is not as fast

THOR
02-20-2006, 07:57 PM
IS the Ultra the former DCB 24 Extreme hull or their cab forward 24 footer? Accuracy of boat magazine articles assumed accurate, the Nordic with a 496HO is one of the fastest 25 footers stock. If memory serves, the 24 cab forward ultra is not as fast
The old DCB hull is way faster than all of those. But, the cab forward (Stealth) is still faster. This is the GPS number from the boys at Ultra and from owners. You never know though, those GPS numbers can be off. :cool:

BOBALOO
02-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Don't know about the other boats, but we have a 25' 98 Eliminator Eagle open bow. When we drive up to Park Moabi in the morning before the crowd wakes up its a great and smooth ride at 60. On the way back we get beat up pretty good with all the boat wakes. Its also pretty tight going from the cuddy cab to the open bow. Other than that we love our boat, was down at Eliminator last week looking at there 28-30.
I have the same boat as Havasu1986. With LOTS of stereo gear, 4 ice chests,tools,bbq,4 people and all the other crap that I can cram into it we have gone 66mph gps with a carbed 454mag and a 24" prop. It does get a bit bumpy in the rough late afternoon wind/boat chop in havasu but I would not consider it too bad. I dont have trim tabs on it but they would help smooth out the ride. It also tends to chine walk, or fall off the pad when driving thru side rollers which tabs should also help.
I am 155lbs and get thru the cuddy to the open bow easily but some of my friends (200# +) or taller, have a harder time not bumping their heads.
Overall I really like our boat and would like to make a comparison to others, but dont have much experience riding in other similar sized vees.
Good luck with your search. Bobaloo

shadow
02-20-2006, 08:29 PM
I have the same boat as Havasu1986. With LOTS of stereo gear, 4 ice chests,tools,bbq,4 people and all the other crap that I can cram into it we have gone 66mph gps with a carbed 454mag and a 24" prop. It does get a bit bumpy in the rough late afternoon wind/boat chop in havasu but I would not consider it too bad. I dont have trim tabs on it but they would help smooth out the ride. It also tends to chine walk, or fall off the pad when driving thru side rollers which tabs should also help.
I am 155lbs and get thru the cuddy to the open bow easily but some of my friends (200# +) or taller, have a harder time not bumping their heads.
Overall I really like our boat and would like to make a comparison to others, but dont have much experience riding in other similar sized vees.
Good luck with your search. Bobaloo
Bobaloo,sounds like you are loaded with alot of stuff on your boat.
If you need to make some room,Angie can always ride in our boat. :rollside:

SnakeWrench
02-20-2006, 08:33 PM
The old DCB hull is way faster than all of those. But, the cab forward (Stealth) is still faster. This is the GPS number from the boys at Ultra and from owners. You never know though, those GPS numbers can be off. :cool:
How fast are these #'s they are talking about with an HO?

THOR
02-20-2006, 08:41 PM
How fast are these #'s they are talking about with an HO?
Which one? The old 247 or the new cab forward Stealth?

SnakeWrench
02-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Didn't hear anyone ask about the Cobra. Not sure why Cobra needs to spam on just about every boat related thread
Truth is I believe in Cobra products just like you believe in your favorite, and I am happy to tell everyone what I think. Especially because I have ample hours in all the boats that have been mentioned and I believe the Cobra is the best out of all of them. NOT saying there is anything wrong with any other builders boats, because they all build great boats, But IMO, Cobra has the best all around performance of all the boats here. The 260 doesn't need tabs. It doesn't fall off the pad as some do and it doesn't chine walk. Call it spam, I call it advertisement and believe that everyone should have a fair choice and accurate information.

SnakeWrench
02-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Which one? The old 247 or the new cab forward Stealth?
Actually both Thor, If you have the #'s.
Thanks

BOBALOO
02-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Bobaloo,sounds like you are loaded with alot of stuff on your boat.
If you need to make some room,Angie can always ride in our boat. :rollside:
Thanks, but you will have to get in line. For some reason Angie has lots of offers. :cool:

shadow
02-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks, but you will have to get in line. For some reason Angie has lots of offers. :cool:
I'll bet she does.You are a lucky man. :)

Ultrafied
02-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Haven't ridden in the Eliminator, but the Nordic and Ultra I have. My choice was the Ultra for speed, stability and space. That's why I have one. Also, my personal choice was the company itself, which nobody has really talked about. Once you talk to John or Steve, you will probably own a Ultra.
As far as speed, I have had my 24' with the Mag, run 71 on the GPS but with only 2 people, early morning and calm lake. Normal conditions, with 4 of us (my buddy and I are 220+ but our wives are little things :) ) with 1/2 - 3/4 tanks, in the summer, ice chests, etc. I run at 55 & 60, no problem, usually topping out at 65.
The Nordic was a little slower, but not much. Under normal conditions, we were never pulling each other. We both can handle light and middle chop, but when the big boys go by, you still need to know what you are doing on either. Good luck.

rivercrazy
02-21-2006, 09:27 AM
The issue is NO one asked about Cobra. There is a spam section in the bottom of the message board for that purpose
I don't own any of these brands. My favorite brand may not be everyone elses!
Truth is I believe in Cobra products just like you believe in your favorite, and I am happy to tell everyone what I think. Especially because I have ample hours in all the boats that have been mentioned and I believe the Cobra is the best out of all of them. NOT saying there is anything wrong with any other builders boats, because they all build great boats, But IMO, Cobra has the best all around performance of all the boats here. The 260 doesn't need tabs. It doesn't fall off the pad as some do and it doesn't chine walk. Call it spam, I call it advertisement and believe that everyone should have a fair choice and accurate information.

Jyruiz
02-21-2006, 09:54 AM
The issue is NO one asked about Cobra. There is a spam section in the bottom of the message board for that purpose
I think if I was MOBrien I would like to hear as much info about any boat that compare in that price or size, maybe he doesn't know about Cobra. I know if I was in the market, I would like as much info as possible.

MOBrien
02-21-2006, 12:40 PM
The intent of this thread was for insight and first hand knowledge. No, I did not ask about the Cobra line but have since looked at it. Nice boat. I also did not include the Shockwave line....again, nice boats. But I am seeking a pre-owned boat and there are not many Cobra's or Shockwave's out there at the moment but I'm sure they'll surface as we get closer to go-time. Perhaps this is becuase they just don't do the initial sales volume in this category. Perhaps it's becuase their owners won't part with them because they are so happy wiht their ride. Whatever the case, I don't believe I could go wrong with ANY of the 5 builders mentioned. I am surprised nobody chimed in with a Lavey comment. Their product is right in the thick of things too.
In no particular order-----
Eliminator - great boat
Ultra - great boat
Nordic - great boat
Cobra - great boat
Shockwave - great boat
Lavey - great boat
They're all nice and a quality product in my opinion. And believe me, I researched all of them before buying into my current boat 2 years ago. At that time they were out of the $$ range that I was willing to pay for our first boat. After looking at the individual designs & lines of boats in the 24-26' range, I have narrowed it down to the 3 original mfgs posted. Personal preference. Isn't that what buying a boat is all about in the first place?
Thanks to everyone for their insight & comments. Keep 'em coming if you've got more to add. As you all know, these decisions are focking tough. Uggggghhhhh.
Later,
MOB :clover:

Beer-30
02-21-2006, 01:13 PM
If I had to do it over again, and was still looking at this time, I would jump on this one (below). I didnt really want a 30', but none of these were available at the time. Plus, I would have loved to have a blue motor. All of the ones listed are excellent boats, as are Sleeks. Last I heard, they were at about $61K for this boat. That's alot of boat for the money. Still easy to pull around and all the power you need. Plus, already has tabs! :mad:
Just a thought.
http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/22to27/1105/images/00055002a.jpg
http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/22to27/1105/images/00055002h.jpg http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/22to27/1105/images/00055002c.jpg http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/22to27/1105/images/00055002e.jpg
Text from their website:
2002, 26 ft., Sleekcraft, Open Bow with Cuddy Cabin, Mercruiser 500 EFI, 500 HP, Bimini Top, Cockpit Cover, Bow Cover, Snap In Carpet, Bennett Trim tabs, Drive Shower, Four Batteries, Gaffrig Gauges, Drop Down Electric Bolster Seats, Dual Ram Electric Hatch, 202 hrs., Boat is an Absolute 10.

MOBrien
02-21-2006, 01:26 PM
If I had to do it over again, and was still looking at this time, I would jump on this one (below). I didnt really want a 30', but none of these were available at the time. Plus, I would have loved to have a blue motor. All of the ones listed are excellent boats, as are Sleeks. Last I heard, they were at about $61K for this boat. That's alot of boat for the money. Still easy to pull around and all the power you need. Plus, already has tabs! :mad:
Text from their website:
2002, 26 ft., Sleekcraft, Open Bow with Cuddy Cabin, Mercruiser 500 EFI, 500 HP, Bimini Top, Cockpit Cover, Bow Cover, Snap In Carpet, Bennett Trim tabs, Drive Shower, Four Batteries, Gaffrig Gauges, Drop Down Electric Bolster Seats, Dual Ram Electric Hatch, 202 hrs., Boat is an Absolute 10.
The Sleekcraft Enforcer line was actually what got me interested in performance family boats in the first place. When I used to go out to Katherine's with my folks when I was a kid we'd see one now and again. Everytime it was like, whoah...check out that bad ass boat. My mom always wanted the 28 Enforcer but pops wouldn't spring for it. This was long before the boom in performance boating and you'd never see hardware in Havasu like you see all over the place today. The Sleeks are very nice, but rarely seen for sale pre-owned. I often check their website, but those must be fairly new postings.
Good lookin out. You gonna hit Don Pedro again this year?

JMC
02-21-2006, 01:28 PM
This guy has both Nordic Rages and Elim Eagle's on the floor....and I bet someone there NEEDS to sell a boat this time of the year. Here are several photo's of both. http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/

MOBrien
02-21-2006, 01:32 PM
This guy has both Nordic Rages and Elim Eagle's on the floor....and I bet someone there NEEDS to sell a boat this time of the year. Here are several photo's of both. http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/
Already on it. There's a new Nordic there that has caught my eye. ;)

Beer-30
02-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Good lookin out. You gonna hit Don Pedro again this year?
Yeah, the crew wants to hit DP again this year. I'll keep you and E4L posted. Didn't get to spend much time with you last year. Our friend dumped the Malibu and now and a Shockwave Tremor, so they can keep up.

voodoomedman
02-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Don't know much about the specific Nordic but I own an Ultra 24 STealth and know someone with a Eliminator 25 Eagle XP. Both quality boats. I think if you are looking for the roomiest interior then the Ultra is the way to go. As far as speed I have the 496 Mag and the Eagle has the HO and I have no problem keeping up. Let's face it though they are all pretty close in the top speed range. We know that the three boats your talking about are good performers. To start arguements about the speed is silly unless you are talking Sk8ters or or something like that in which you are buying specifically for the speed. Best price with best interior I say Ultra. Also best gel and best bling factor. But if you bought an Eliminator no one will ever tell you that you bought a crappy boat though and the same with a Nordic. So the fact is that all three are great boats and the rest is opinion and what matters most to you.

rivercrazy
02-21-2006, 01:45 PM
I wasn't trying to bash Cobra. I actually like their product.
But there are a number of in-house salesmen that pimp their brand whether its requested or not.
One board member that is currently selling a flawless 25 footer is DILLIGAF. That is one nice boat

Eliminator 4 Life
02-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks JMC I work there and Im glad you like checking our inventory :)

MOBrien
02-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Don't know much about the specific Nordic but I own an Ultra 24 STealth and know someone with a Eliminator 25 Eagle XP. Both quality boats. I think if you are looking for the roomiest interior then the Ultra is the way to go. As far as speed I have the 496 Mag and the Eagle has the HO and I have no problem keeping up. Let's face it though they are all pretty close in the top speed range. We know that the three boats your talking about are good performers. To start arguements about the speed is silly unless you are talking Sk8ters or or something like that in which you are buying specifically for the speed. Best price with best interior I say Ultra. Also best gel and best bling factor. But if you bought an Eliminator no one will ever tell you that you bought a crappy boat though and the same with a Nordic. So the fact is that all three are great boats and the rest is opinion and what matters most to you.
that's what I'm talkin about. In ANY of the mfg's mentioned in this thread....I don't think I'd ever come across someone saying...."dude, why'd you buy THAT boat?..." My guess is it'd be more like, "dude, that's yours????...focken sweet!"
Thanks again everyone. Sometimes the fun is in the hunt. Nahhhhh, fock that. The fun is when I finally pull the trigger on the new ride....hopefully sooner than later if the right deal comes my way for the right boat.
Later,
MOB

bear down
02-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I have a 26 eagle open bow cuddy cab. Really love the boat from what I had before(220 eagle xp). Here are the details that I can give you.
Handling- really love the boat handles rough water great. It handles it great if you go at a moderate speed. In Havasu when the water is really rough especially through the gorge leaving the sand bar I tend to take it easy (45-50mph) and I get bumped around a little bit but I don't slap the water. We soak up the water really well. I can open it up in the rough water but it'll be a rougher ride but managable if your wife is a mute but if her vocal chords are working then stay under 60mph and you'll be fine. Takes turns great and hull is really efficent, once you lay off the throttle the boat takes a while to slow down but I really love the way it handles.
Speed- I have the HO package on the boat, not a bullet but she runs great. On Lake Mohave and Park Moabi in the morning with 2 peeps and full tank of gas I have hit 70 on GPS on smooth to mild chop on the water. But with decent chop (not big but enough to make the boat dance a bit) you can hit it full throttle at 65-66 gps with a mild load or a full load (1000 lbs or more) at 62-63gps in Havasu water.
Quality- Just like an Aramani just the best. Gelcoat is great and the interior is awesome. No warranty needed with them
Company- You've done the research and I am sure you know what they are all about. Just look at the operation and compare to other boat builders and go from there. I never had an issue with them, plus Eliminator in Havasu is top notch. Mac is great and will take care of your Eliminator needs in Havasu.
Overall- I love the boat and would buy another one in a heart beat. The 26 is a perfect size boat for us. I miss getting sprayed with water with the smaller boat that we had and this boat really keeps you dry even in the roughest waters. I have ridden all the Eliminator Eagle models but unless you have the $$$ for the 30' or bigger the 26' is the way to go. Good Luck!

grads2112
02-21-2006, 05:39 PM
I have a 260 eagle with a 496HO that I saw 76.5 m.p.h. in and that is GPS. It will run 73-74 all day long with 2 people, fuel, icechest and gear. For some strange reason,possibly the prop, it seems to be a little faster than other similar 260's. I think Eliminator will have it up for sale shortly because I am trading it in on 28 Daytona.

bear down
02-21-2006, 06:13 PM
I have a 260 eagle with a 496HO that I saw 76.5 m.p.h. in and that is GPS. It will run 73-74 all day long with 2 people, fuel, icechest and gear. For some strange reason,possibly the prop, it seems to be a little faster than other similar 260's. I think Eliminator will have it up for sale shortly because I am trading it in on 28 Daytona.
Do you have the stock prop on it or a different size from what came with the boat. I think the standard prop is a 24p correct?? Info. would be nice. When I Hit 70 on GPS I was a 5100-5200 RPM's. What rpm's were you running at you top speed of 76.5? Do you have close bow? THanks for the info.

grads2112
02-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Do you have the stock prop on it or a different size from what came with the boat. I think the standard prop is a 24p correct?? Info. would be nice. When I Hit 70 on GPS I was a 5100-5200 RPM's. What rpm's were you running at you top speed of 76.5? Do you have close bow? THanks for the info.
I was running a lab finished 26p bravo for a prop. With that prop the highest r.p.m.'s I ever saw was 4900-5000. It is a closed bow boat. This might sound funny, but I had a scoop added to the engine hatch and I swear I picked up 1-2 m.p.h. Maybe its getting more air to the engine...who knows.

THOR
02-21-2006, 07:48 PM
I was running a lab finished 26p bravo for a prop. With that prop the highest r.p.m.'s I ever saw was 4900-5000. It is a closed bow boat. This might sound funny, but I had a scoop added to the engine hatch and I swear I picked up 1-2 m.p.h. Maybe its getting more air to the engine...who knows.
Not funny at all. The closed bow is less resistant and lighter. Makes total sense. Congrats. Excellent number for a large boat like that.

WHO WANTS TO GO TO THE SANDBAR
02-22-2006, 05:19 PM
IS the Ultra the former DCB 24 Extreme hull or their cab forward 24 footer? Accuracy of boat magazine articles assumed accurate, the Nordic with a 496HO is one of the fastest 25 footers stock. If memory serves, the 24 cab forward ultra is not as fastMY BUDDY HAS DCB 24 EXTREME , HOW CAN I SAY IT SMOOTHLY. IT RIDES LIKE CRAPPPP(CRAP) I WOULD NOT BUY ONE... HE DID PUT ON SOME TRIM TABS , THIS HELPED ALOT.... REMEMBER THEY INCLUDED THE SWIM STEP IN THE LENGTH. TOTAL RUNNING SURFACE IS 22 FT. (PETTY SURE) HE GOT THE 454 MAG WITH A VORTECH BLOWER... HE JUST REBUILT IT WITH 6 PDS. IT SHOULD HAVE ABOUT 700 HP .. JUST THINK I HAVE TO RIDE IN IT....DCB EXTREME AND THE ULTRA ARE THE SAME

DEMOMAN
02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
We have been very happy with our 24. Lots if interior room, great gel work, and the best customer service. 170 trouble free hours.

THOR
02-22-2006, 06:33 PM
MY BUDDY HAS DCB 24 EXTREME , HOW CAN I SAY IT SMOOTHLY. IT RIDES LIKE CRAPPPP(CRAP) I WOULD NOT BUY ONE... HE DID PUT ON SOME TRIM TABS , THIS HELPED ALOT.... REMEMBER THEY INCLUDED THE SWIM STEP IN THE LENGTH. TOTAL RUNNING SURFACE IS 22 FT. (PETTY SURE) HE GOT THE 454 MAG WITH A VORTECH BLOWER... HE JUST REBUILT IT WITH 6 PDS. IT SHOULD HAVE ABOUT 700 HP .. JUST THINK I HAVE TO RIDE IN IT....DCB EXTREME AND THE ULTRA ARE THE SAME
Not exactly the same. JW bought the mold from DCB and tweaked it a tad from my understanding. My 247 is a rocket and doesnt ride bad at all. I have the Dana tabs and use them when the water is really bad and click them down one notch when I am at full throttle. The swim step takes off about a foot and a half of length. It isnt a true 24 like the cab forward stealth.

MOBrien
02-23-2006, 10:15 PM
thanks for the continued input folks. Very helpful to hear from experiences with these products.
still undecided........ :rolleyes:
-MOB

Beer-30
02-24-2006, 09:28 AM
MO, my friends that just bought the Shockwave were pretty sold on the 260 Razor. If they were going to buy new, that is what they would get. They had looked at most of the other MFGs and were really impressed with the 260. IMO, don't rule it out. There are actually a couple out there for sale right now, too.
Getting away from the hull conversation, I'll let you know how we ruled boats in or out.
First of all, I wanted a stepped hull. If the right boat came along in all other categories that was not stepped, I would have sucked it up. Not a major deal.
Second, we both knew we wanted a moulded swim step. We liked the look of it, even though you generally get "shorted" some of the footage. We saw a few Sleek Enforcers, and the one thing she didn't like about the boat was the trio of bolt-on steps.
Third, we wanted open passage to the mid-cuddy. Most of the boats we looked at had the rectangular opening(s). We usually have a lot of people on the boat and all are going front to back all the time. We liked the open feeling and ease of passage.
We put together a pro/con list using all the boats I had it narrowed down to. Of course, if you are even considering buying brand-new, most of those pros/cons will be moot. Color, engine, drive, etc. will be your choice.
Don't know if this helps or not, but that is the nutshell of how we narrowed them down.
Hull differences would come down to driving them and seeing what feels right to you. What feels right to me, may feel wrong to you.
Maybe I should re-phrase that. :)

Beer-30
02-24-2006, 09:36 AM
You mentioned Enforcers being a fav of yours. Here's a nice '02 that popped up. I would imagine could be had for mid-high $40ks. 190 hrs!
http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/22to27/1105/images/00005102a.jpg
You saw the red/white 26' Heritage I posted earlier.

havaduner
02-24-2006, 10:17 AM
The intent of this thread was for insight and first hand knowledge. No, I did not ask about the Cobra line but have since looked at it. Nice boat. I also did not include the Shockwave line....again, nice boats. But I am seeking a pre-owned boat and there are not many Cobra's or Shockwave's out there at the moment but I'm sure they'll surface as we get closer to go-time. Perhaps this is becuase they just don't do the initial sales volume in this category. Perhaps it's becuase their owners won't part with them because they are so happy wiht their ride. Whatever the case, I don't believe I could go wrong with ANY of the 5 builders mentioned. I am surprised nobody chimed in with a Lavey comment. Their product is right in the thick of things too.
e?
Thanks to everyone for their insight & comments. Keep 'em coming if you've got more to add. As you all know, these decisions are focking tough. Uggggghhhhh.
Later,
MOB :clover:
MO, Call Ted at Boaters outlet in Upland (909) 931-4982. Ask him what boats he gets in and re-sells the fastest. Also, he may have a boat your interested in, and may be able to set up a test ride.
Opinions are fine, and these boards are full of them, as they should be, but when it comes down to purchase time, you need to ride in the boat to see what you like (or dont ) about a certain brand. I could go on and on here, but all I would be giving would be my opinions. Pick some boats, go for a ride/drive the boat!

RUCAV
02-24-2006, 06:48 PM
I have an 04 Ultra 247 with a 496 mag. It runs about 66 in good conditions with 4 passengers and a ton of crap all day long. A definite turnkey boat. No major problems the last 2 years and im out there every 2 weeks in the summer running it. They are all good boats but I think the Ultra would give you the most bang for your buck. My 2 cents. Good luck!

Beer-30
02-24-2006, 07:34 PM
If you do settle on Eliminator, and you are open to the super value of used boats, don't overlook this one. Blue motor, open bow, nice boat! They are still a little high on the price, but it has been for sale for a LONG time, I am sure they would dump it. Dual ram steering and tabs too! Actually, I guess $73K isn't that bad after all. I bet it could be had for mid 60s, though.
http://www.eliminatorboat.com/_photo_archive/DSCN0334.jpg
http://www.eliminatorboat.com/E2.cfm

WHO WANTS TO GO TO THE SANDBAR
02-27-2006, 08:27 AM
my Buddy Has Dcb 24 Extreme , How Can I Say It Smoothly. It Rides Like Crapppp(crap) I Would Not Buy One... He Did Put On Some Trim Tabs , This Helped Alot.... Remember They Included The Swim Step In The Length. Total Running Surface Is 22 Ft. (petty Sure) He Got The 454 Mag With A Vortech Blower... He Just Rebuilt It With 6 Pds. It Should Have About 700 Hp .. Just Think I Have To Ride In It....dcb Extreme And The Ultra Are The Samei Just Got Back From The New Engine Break In. Its Got A Vortech Blower On It, The Engine Is A True Blower Set Up Now. With 4 Pds During The Break In It Was Pretty Fast. With A 26 Pitch Four Blade It Had Very Good Mid Range Pull.. He's Going To Up The Boost To 6 Pds And Go With A 28 Pitch .. This Boat Is A True Sleeper. I Guess I'm Getting Use To The Boat (ride) However It Has Tabs And Needs Them..

bear down
02-27-2006, 09:33 AM
I have my 260 eagle here locally...I have not driven it this winter so far but if you want a test drive let me know we can go to Elsinore for a run if you like. Good Luck!

riverracerx
02-27-2006, 10:17 AM
NORDIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!