PDA

View Full Version : Got The New Boat Wet Today!!! (Pics)

BADBLOWN572
07-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, went out to Elsinore today for the maiden voyage of the first Donahue Custom Marine "Legacy." The boat ran excellent! It idles about 650 when in gear and 750 when out of gear. The motor is quiet at idle, but barks when it gets up on plane. It is a complete turn key package that is VERY user friendly. :) There are a couple of very LITTLE things that need to be done to the boat to fine tune it, but as a starting point, I could not be happier!!! :)
We never got the opportunity to run the boat too hard due to the water conditions on the lake. :( The boat rockets up to the mid 70's without a problem. I had a lot more throttle to go and didn't get on it for very long. It definitely puts you back in your seat!!! :D
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35916&stc=1&d=1185746285
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35913&stc=1&d=1185746285
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35914&stc=1&d=1185746325
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35915&stc=1&d=1185746325
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35917&stc=1&d=1185746325

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-29-2007, 02:02 PM
very cool Danny.. She looks great in the water. I can't wait for my ride.. :D hint hint.. :D

BoneDaddy
07-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Nice looking rig you got there. Glad to hear it is all working fine.

Nucking futs
07-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Looks real good on the water. congrats.
Are you selling that one or is it your personal?

RitcheyRch
07-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Looks good. Glad to hear it ran well.

ULTRA26 # 1
07-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Well, went out to Elsinore today for the maiden voyage of the first Donahue Custom Marine "Legacy." The boat ran excellent! It idles about 650 when in gear and 750 when out of gear. The motor is quiet at idle, but barks when it gets up on plane. It is a complete turn key package that is VERY user friendly. :) There are a couple of very LITTLE things that need to be done to the boat to fine tune it, but as a starting point, I could not be happier!!! :)
We never got the opportunity to run the boat too hard due to the water conditions on the lake. :( The boat rockets up to the mid 70's without a problem. I had a lot more throttle to go and didn't get on it for very long. It definitely puts you back in your seat!!! :D
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35916&stc=1&d=1185746285
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35913&stc=1&d=1185746285
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35914&stc=1&d=1185746325
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35915&stc=1&d=1185746325
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=35917&stc=1&d=1185746325
The boat looks great. It's come a long way since I saw in tow a few months ago. Congrats
John M
PS what power is that??

THOR
07-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Sick Danny, sick.
Hey, I cruised by your area the other day but couldnt find your place. Still by Disneyland right?

BADBLOWN572
07-29-2007, 02:15 PM
very cool Danny.. She looks great in the water. I can't wait for my ride.. :D hint hint.. :D
Anytime!!! You know that. :)
Looks real good on the water. congrats.
Are you selling that one or is it your personal?
This one I am going to be selling. I have 2 more out of the mold right now. I want to get a couple of these out there ASAP and this one is pretty much ready to go. :)
The boat looks great. It's come a long way since I saw in tow a few months ago. Congrats
John M
PS what power is that??
Thank you!!! :) The motor is one of our package motors. We are in a partnership of sorts with Shaver Engineering for marine motors. This one is our "small" motor. ;) It is a 510cid engine that puts out 600h.p. & 650ft/lbs of torque (approximately). The motor has a 1 year, 100 hour warranty stock and the customer can buy another 1 year for $1k. :)
We are also building a 750 that will be a 572cid engine that puts out 750h.p. :) That motor will also have a 1 year warranty. Available from a long block all the way up to turn key. :)
Sick Danny, sick.
Hey, I cruised by your area the other day but couldnt find your place. Still by Disneyland right?
Yep. We are right off of Disney Way and Clementine St. 1638 Clementine St. Anaheim, CA 92802

DILLIGAF
07-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Congrats and the boat looks great!
What kind of pricing will the boats be going for Danny? Also, can you list some of the particulars of the boat(s) etc? Thanks

OverKill
07-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Geeezzz all that nice work and you go and put an out drive on it. J/K it looks nice. I bet your gonna love it even more when you find some good water.
OverKill

BADBLOWN572
07-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Congrats and the boat looks great!
What kind of pricing will the boats be going for Danny? Also, can you list some of the particulars of the boat(s) etc? Thanks
Thanks Tom! :)
The particulars are as follows:
Boat = DCM Legacy
Length = 20'11"
Beam = 96"
Fuel = 52gal (approx)
Available in I/O, Jet, V-drive, & OB. :)
This boat will be retailing out somewhere right around $80K. I will sell this one right now for $70K. :) I want it down the road & to get some out on the water. :)
This boat has:
DMP 600/600 engine w/ 2 year warranty.
HD Gimbal
XR Drive
WPM twin ram steering
Double Jacketed Stainless "S" pipes
Oil/PS cooler
CMI Headers
GPS Speedo
Autometer Gauge Upgrade
Ski locker
Custom Interior
Zieman Trailer (DECKED OUT!!!)
Carbon Fiber Bilge Compartment
Dual Batteries
Trim on wheel
Foot Throttle
Billet Upgrade Package (handles, cup holders, plates, etc...)
Imco Fuel Valve
I am willing to build these boats completely turn key or in stages. It is hard to quote prices when there is so much room for variation. Each boat will be 100% built based off of the customer's desires. :) I am willing to do pretty much anything (within reason) if a customer wants it. :)

Squeezing Spectra
07-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Sweet :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Beautiful, Danny. You should be proud. :)

Phat Matt
07-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Congrats.

RP2
07-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Very refreshing to see a humble new boat builder, unlike others that spend more time stroking themselves and their product.
Good job and best of luck.

PHOTOGLOU
07-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Danny, Congrats.. LOOKS GREAT.... Don't know where you find the time to do what you do BUT your doing it right.....

jh4rt
07-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't know any buyers for this one.... but... would really be interested in knowing a ballpark price for a bare hull rigged for outboard(s) (meaning some beefy stringers run really high on the transom). Also, with this size boat out there; the retro style, you would have to think the 24' spectra mold is a serious target for your company. This retro style boat makes SOOO much more sense than the slab sided sh%t out there today. (Sorry to anyone I offend, just my opinion, right?).
I'd love to speak to you about helping any way i can to get these out there... They are way bitchen.
Best,
j

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Congratulations! Boat looks awesome! Good luck!

Nord
07-29-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't know any buyers for this one.... but... would really be interested in knowing a ballpark price for a bare hull rigged for outboard(s) (meaning some beefy stringers run really high on the transom). Also, with this size boat out there; the retro style, you would have to think the 24' spectra mold is a serious target for your company. This retro style boat makes SOOO much more sense than the slab sided sh%t out there today. (Sorry to anyone I offend, just my opinion, right?).
I'd love to speak to you about helping any way i can to get these out there... They are way bitchen.
Best,
j
You could start by spreading the word and showing people:)

CoolCruzinCobra
07-29-2007, 04:46 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35916&d=1185746262
Nice boat
But man the dock looks scary as hell .

BADBLOWN572
07-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Are you willing to paint hobbits, limos and fat necked ladies on it? :D
I will do anything Within reason! I strive to be a complete CUSTOM builder. If the customer wants it and it makes sense (safety wise) I have no problems doing it. :)

BADBLOWN572
07-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Also, with this size boat out there; the retro style, you would have to think the 24' spectra mold is a serious target for your company.
I would love to find the 24 mold. I have been keeping my ears open, but nothing so far. :(

77charger
07-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Looks good are you planning onmaking the engine covered.I know its in the early stages but looks like it will be covered up when finshed just askin

BADBLOWN572
07-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Sweet :D
I definitely owe you! No way I could have pulled it off without your help! :)

Nord
07-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Leave the cover off!!! Way better, looks like the old Schiadas. I love it!

BADBLOWN572
07-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Looks good are you planning onmaking the engine covered.I know its in the early stages but looks like it will be covered up when finshed just askin
This boat is a full interior boat. We just ran with the hatch off this time out to "shake it down." With the hatch off we can inspect the engine while running and look for things like leaks and noises. Luckily nothing major! :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34838&stc=1&d=1184257688
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34839&stc=1&d=1184257688

Nord
07-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Hatches or for Sallys.................

Hardly Satisfied
07-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Congrats on your new boat.

boatsnblondes
07-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Gorgeous Danny, just Gorgeous.......your a class act..thanks for bringing back some old school class to the lake....good luck....:D

Devil's Advocate
07-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Very nice.:)

revndave
07-29-2007, 06:46 PM
That boat is awsome.Great job Danny

shadow
07-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Congrats Danny!!!
The boat looks great and knowing you i'm sure that it's quality in & out!
Best of luck with sales,i hope that they take off and you can't build them fast enough.

BajaMike
07-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Best,
j
I agree with this guy....i would love to see that boat with the biggest 4 stroke outboard you could find, mounted on a bracket......clean, straghtforward install, economical, good looking, more roomy and more fun.
Anyway, it's a beautiful boat......:D

reb939
07-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Nice. VERY Nice.
Now where's the ski race version?

mbrown2
07-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Look good Danny...good luck with getting them moving into buyers hands...

HOOTER SLED-
07-29-2007, 10:18 PM
DAmn Danny, we just missed you out there today. Would have loved to see it in person. That thing looks focking awesome. The water must have tamed down by the time we got there. Got on the water a lil after 4 pm. Was probabably the nicest it has ever been at Elsinore. Dig that interior. That's exactly how I want to re-do mine.

BADBLOWN572
07-30-2007, 07:31 AM
I agree with this guy....i would love to see that boat with the biggest 4 stroke outboard you could find, mounted on a bracket......clean, straghtforward install, economical, good looking, more roomy and more fun.
Anyway, it's a beautiful boat......:D
An OB is definitely in the planning stages. :) :D
Boat looks great Danny. Wish I could have made it out there today.
Me too!!! :(
Nice. VERY Nice.
Now where's the ski race version?
I am looking forward to building a V-drive so it should not be too long. :)
Look good Danny...good luck with getting them moving into buyers hands...
Thanks!!!
DAmn Danny, we just missed you out there today. Would have loved to see it in person. That thing looks focking awesome. The water must have tamed down by the time we got there. Got on the water a lil after 4 pm. Was probabably the nicest it has ever been at Elsinore. Dig that interior. That's exactly how I want to re-do mine.
We were out there at 9:30am and left somewhere around 12:00. There were a ton of boats out on the water. :( The speed zone was like a washing machine. There were big wakes coming at you from every direction. :( Definitely not the time to try to pull a big number. :( As much as I would have liked to see what it would do, safety got the better of me and I didn't push it. :jawdrop:

Steamin' Rice
07-30-2007, 07:41 AM
That looks great - congrats!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Danny, thanks for letting us be part of the maiden voyage yesterday. We had a great time and the boat is just fantastic. :D It runs awesome. I am so used to riding in tunnel hulls but this boat handled very nicely. I am very impressed.
FIL

full throttle
07-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Awesome. I hope you get to do a 24 sometime also. Ck with SpectraBrent. He would know where the 24 moulds are.

Cole Trickle
07-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Looks great in the water!!:):eek:

superdave013
07-30-2007, 08:29 AM
that boat looks a heck of a lot nicer when you are standing next to it. It looks good in the pics but like I said. Alot nicer in person.
Oh, and decked out trailer is an understatement.
Congrats!

Racey
07-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Looks bitchin on the water, can't wait to see a V-Drive one done!!!

Dave C
07-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Nice Piece!!
I'm liking that motor... especially since it does not say Merc on it ;)
those are CMI etops?

DaddyMack
07-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Awesome Boat! Great job!!... What else need be said! :cool:

River Lynchmob
07-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Looks great Danny congrats. When is it's first trip to the strip?

GETSOME
07-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Looks great! Cant wait to see the open bow done!:D

Froggystyle
07-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey Danny! Congratulations!!!!
Long time coming bro... Great to see you on the water at last. The boat looks stellar, sophisticated and modern, but with a great classic feel. I think you have really knocked it out of the park, and nailed the market.
Congrats again, and I really look forward to getting a look at it in person.
PM me your e-mail if you get a chance.
Great job.
Wes

frdvschvy
07-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Killer looking boat with classic lines. You did your homework on this one and so far looks like it is paying off. Congrats!

Dave C
07-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Memories.
first boat I would have killed someone for was a Hallet V-drive just like this....It had a blower motor and a v-drive and a three speed trans......
I tried to buy it but someone else got it and then went to the same lake we go to. So we saw him hauling ass all the time. :devil:

RiverDave
07-30-2007, 11:37 AM
I was lucky enough to go out on the test run, and I have to say Danny did a HELL OF A JOB putting this boat together. Some boats right from the get go have some rattles in them. This boat is ROCK solid, no flex, no rattles. The boat is beautiful inside and out, and you just can't beat the handling characteristics of the old cruisers. I for one was definately impressed with the whole program!!
I have no doubt he's going to be selling quite a few of these in the near future.
DJ

djunkie
07-30-2007, 11:42 AM
I was lucky enough to go out on the test run, and I have to say Danny did a HELL OF A JOB putting this boat together. Some boats right from the get go have some rattles in them. This boat is ROCK solid, no flex, no rattles. The boat is beautiful inside and out, and you just can't beat the handling characteristics of the old cruisers. I for one was definately impressed with the whole program!!
I have no doubt he's going to be selling quite a few of these in the near future.
DJ
So I heard a rumor of the red one being possibly spoken for already. :D :D

rodnjen
07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Very, very nice. I would love to see more boats like this out on the water.

RiverDave
07-30-2007, 01:33 PM
I think that 1st one is spoken for by about 10 people.. LOL 1st one with the checkbook wins though. ;)
RD

djunkie
07-30-2007, 01:42 PM
I think that 1st one is spoken for by about 10 people.. LOL 1st one with the checkbook wins though. ;)
RD
Would that be Mr. Johnson Sr.?????:D :D

BADBLOWN572
07-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Danny, thanks for letting us be part of the maiden voyage yesterday. We had a great time and the boat is just fantastic. It runs awesome. I am so used to riding in tunnel hulls but this boat handled very nicely. I am very impressed.
FIL
Thank you guys for coming out! I had a great time yesterday! FIL
that boat looks a heck of a lot nicer when you are standing next to it. It looks good in the pics but like I said. Alot nicer in person.
Oh, and decked out trailer is an understatement.
Congrats!
Couldn't have done it without your help! Thanks again!!! :)
Looks bitchin on the water, can't wait to see a V-Drive one done!!!
It is definitely in the planning stages. Need to get rid of this one and the open bow and then the V-drive will go in the mold. :)
Nice Piece!!
I'm liking that motor... especially since it does not say Merc on it ;)
those are CMI etops?
Yep. CMI E-tops. I just went through and priced out the motor packages. For the 600/600 complete and ready to drop into an IO will be right at $20K with a 1 year/100 hour warranty. We can do a 2 year/200 hour warranty for an additional $1K. :D Our 750h.p. motor is coming out shortly and that will be right at $24K with a 1 year/100 hour warranty. Both motors come with the e-tops. :)
Looks great Danny congrats. When is it's first trip to the strip?
I am going to Jackpunx wedding this weekend so this weekend is out, next weekend is the circle boat races in LB where the boat will be displayed, then next weekend we will be out in Parker/Havasu. :)
Looks great! Cant wait to see the open bow done!
Next one to be rigged. It is all ready to get assembled. Motor is here, parts are on order, and trailer is done. Should probably be 2-3 weeks and it will be on the water. :)
Hey Danny! Congratulations!!!!
Long time coming bro... Great to see you on the water at last. The boat looks stellar, sophisticated and modern, but with a great classic feel. I think you have really knocked it out of the park, and nailed the market.
Congrats again, and I really look forward to getting a look at it in person.
PM me your e-mail if you get a chance.
Great job.
Wes
I now know how you felt when you got your first revolution on the water. :) It is definitely a great feeling. :) One thing is for sure, it gave me the "can do" attitude and is pushing me harder and harder to get the next couple of boats out. :)

Froggystyle
07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
I now know how you felt when you got your first revolution on the water. :) It is definitely a great feeling. :) One thing is for sure, it gave me the "can do" attitude and is pushing me harder and harder to get the next couple of boats out. :)
I guess we would be the "Class of 2007" for boatbuilders eh? :D
Congrats again... check your e-mail.

RiverDave
07-30-2007, 02:45 PM
You think I got 70K of disposable cash? I need a boat payment right now like a hole in the head.. LOL.
In reality though, I believe if my old man drives this boat, there'll be a check written for it before they even get back to the dock.
RD

mondorally
07-30-2007, 02:46 PM
... next weekend is the circle boat races in LB where the boat will be displayed...
Perfect!. Can't wait to see it in person.
-Justin

djunkie
07-30-2007, 02:50 PM
You think I got 70K of disposable cash? I need a boat payment right now like a hole in the head.. LOL.
In reality though, I believe if my old man drives this boat, there'll be a check written for it before they even get back to the dock.
RD
Congrats on the new boat Dave. :jawdrop: :crossx: :crossx:

Dave C
07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
NICE !:D
why the hell would anyone do a POS merc motor when they can get turn key 6 hundy HP for $20K........ :eek: 750 HP for $24k..... with warranty:eek: :eek:
u have to be mental or something to do a merc....:devil:
Yep. CMI E-tops. I just went through and priced out the motor packages. For the 600/600 complete and ready to drop into an IO will be right at $20K with a 1 year/100 hour warranty. We can do a 2 year/200 hour warranty for an additional $1K. :D Our 750h.p. motor is coming out shortly and that will be right at $24K with a 1 year/100 hour warranty. Both motors come with the e-tops. :)
)

pixilatedpussy
07-30-2007, 04:03 PM
VERY NICE DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks clean!:D

phebus
07-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Danny, with the exhaust exiting below the waterline, is the boat pretty quiet? New school/Old school boat. I love it and can't wait to see it on the water here in Havasu.

uLtRADeNniS
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
That boat looks great! So how did the boat run with that motor?
Any plans for a jet boat build soon?

BADBLOWN572
07-31-2007, 09:29 AM
VERY NICE DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks clean!:D
Thank you!!! :) :) :)
Danny, with the exhaust exiting below the waterline, is the boat pretty quiet? New school/Old school boat. I love it and can't wait to see it on the water here in Havasu.
It is definitely quieter than a 496 with above the water exhaust. The thing will pass a noise test NO PROBLEM! The beauty is that at idle, it is quiet, but out of the water it barks. :D We should be in Havasu the weekend of the 18th.
That boat looks great! So how did the boat run with that motor?
Any plans for a jet boat build soon?
Didn't get a chance to really get on it too hard with the water the way that it was. We will be testing with Jim Wilkes on Tuesday of next week so we should be able to find out what it will do at that time. :) We are guessing low-mid 80's. :)
We are in the final stages of building a new 588cid jet boat engine. It will be done hopefully within the next month. Boat #4 is being built as a jetboat. I just need a buyer to come and pick the gel. :) The boat, decked out, with an 800h.p. motor will go for around $65K. Any takers??? :) :D

Baja Big Dog
07-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Dam dude...that thar is purdy!!!!:D

riverbound
07-31-2007, 09:46 AM
We are in the final stages of building a new 588cid jet boat engine. It will be done hopefully within the next month. Boat #4 is being built as a jetboat. I just need a buyer to come and pick the gel. :) The boat, decked out, with an 800h.p. motor will go for around $65K. Any takers??? :) :D
:idea: That would be a fun boat.
<----Kinda misses his jet boat, even though Jetboats suck! ;)

riverbound
07-31-2007, 09:46 AM

Devilman
07-31-2007, 10:00 AM
You must miss it more than you let on, to post it twice. :D

River Lynchmob
07-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Nice double post...rookie
You'd look good in a new DCM jetboat :D

fourspeednup
08-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Boat looks amazing danny! I know how hard you've worked to get to this point so it must be pretty awesome to finally get it wet:)
Let me know when you'll be out in Parker/havi next and I'll cruise out to take a look:)

MBlaster
08-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Congrats, the boat looks awsome.
Old Skool will always be cooler than new school.:D

76ANTHONY
08-05-2007, 08:35 AM
holy crap danny, now i like that 2st one even more. she looks awsome in the water, oh and as far as advertising, get a new passenger, women look way better in boats than rd:D
dude congrats on one hell of a boat
goooooooood job

BobbyB
08-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I would love to find the 24 mold. I have been keeping my ears open, but nothing so far. :(
I sent them a message a while back , and a salesman got back to me and didn't know much. Cool guy though.
oh, btw, as if you didn't know, your boat is bad ass. I look at it and I start running numbers through my head.......:D

BobbyB
08-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Danny, thanks for letting us be part of the maiden voyage yesterday. We had a great time and the boat is just fantastic. :D It runs awesome. I am so used to riding in tunnel hulls but this boat handled very nicely. I am very impressed.
FIL
Hey.................wtf...............I wanna go too next time. :D i like poppin wheelies n shit SON!!!

bordsmnj
08-10-2007, 03:15 PM
i can tell you first hand thats it's a bitchen ride.:D

boatnam2
08-11-2007, 06:12 AM
im with you bobbyb would of been nice to watch it run,maybe next time!