PDA

View Full Version : Have your house cool before you arrive

Riveratz
07-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Just another Summer special I am throwing out for Hot Boat members.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35920&stc=1&d=1185749073

Nord
07-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Thats pretty trick~!

Riveratz
07-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Thats pretty trick~!
Technology today.....

Havasu1986
07-29-2007, 03:41 PM
How much for you to come over and turn the A/C on. :eek: :D

hoolign
07-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Mine works better!
I get home ...the house is cool ..AND she has my supper ready!

al cole'holic
07-29-2007, 04:17 PM
...I've been wondering since the incident at my Palm Springs place, can this be set to alert via email or whatever if the a/c is turned on?

RitcheyRch
07-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Amazing. Guess is necessary in AZ

Nord
07-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Mine works better!
I get home ...the house is cool ..AND she has my supper ready!
I'd rather stick with the remote from the intraweb:D :D

Riveratz
07-29-2007, 04:46 PM
How much for you to come over and turn the A/C on. :eek: :D
LOL... 400.00 one time fee...

Riveratz
07-29-2007, 04:50 PM
...I've been wondering since the incident at my Palm Springs place, can this be set to alert via email or whatever if the a/c is turned on?
The internet one you can see everything.
Go here http://www.havasuwiring.com/Thermostat.htm
With the telephone system all you have to do is call your number and it will beep and tell you the status mode it is in. In or Away...

Riveratz
07-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Amazing. Guess is necessary in AZ
Actually my buddy on the boards here Driverno8 just bought a new house and came in Friday and it took forever for his house to cool when we there that evening. He is getting installed soon.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-29-2007, 05:06 PM
this is what we plan on putting in at the Parker house.:D
a buddy of the hubby's had it on his Havi house.

TheCarDudes
07-29-2007, 05:11 PM
We have it in the Havi house. Works great.

hoolign
07-29-2007, 05:17 PM
this is what we plan on putting in at the Parker house.:D
a buddy of the hubby's had it on his Havi house.
Maybe just leave a few hours before hubby and get the AC and Steaks going...woman!
Ok my bad :D

hoolign
07-29-2007, 05:18 PM
I'd rather stick with the remote from the intraweb:D :D
Does the remote swallow?? Hmmm??? ..I ask you that! :D

Music to my Ears
07-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Riveratz hooked me up and it works great.
Thanks Lorne.:)

lalhc
07-29-2007, 06:05 PM
I had the Internet Thermostat installed to my Havi home by Riverratz. It's awesome to arrive to our house at our designated tempurature. I even check it out when we have friends use our house. One of my wife's friends rented our house and I noticed that the thermostat was set at 72. I jacked up the tempurature from California up to 79 :D
My next install by Riveratz will be the cameras.

Hardly Satisfied
07-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Mind works awesome, I give him a call before we come up and he goes over and turns it on for us, and it's free :D

driverno8
07-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Oh it's going in BIG time! That was joke on Friday night. Thermostat is going in soon. In the mean time, another reason I gave Lorne a key to my house is until it's installed...he's my automatic theromstat and he's only a phone call away:D
Oh nice brochure/ad you got there. :D

INSman
07-30-2007, 06:05 AM
Floyd, you seeing this ?!? :D

KLEPTOW
07-30-2007, 06:16 AM
WOW that is a good deal, I would have paid a grand to have someone else pull the phone line for mine, Frecken atic must have been 140 dez grez up there.

little rowe boat
07-30-2007, 07:51 AM
I would love to have something like that but we don't have a land line at our Havasu house. We just use our cell phones.

Riveratz
07-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I would love to have something like that but we don't have a land line at our Havasu house. We just use our cell phones.
That is definately a problem a lot of others have had also...

driverno8
07-31-2007, 03:33 PM
That is definately a problem a lot of others have had also...
That's why it's just easier to give you a key to the house and have you go over and turn it on for me before I get there.:D :D :D :D :D :D

rivercrazy
07-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Riveratz,
I have a system that was installed by Doubletree Security when our house was built. Its a full security system with a module connected to the A/C thermostat. That module was $65.
The system works fine but only will let me turn the A/C on or off. I cannot change the A/C temperature remotely.
We leave the A/C on (set at 90 degrees) when we are not there in the summer. This keeps the cabinets, interior doors, candles, etc from being damaged by the heat.
Is there a simple way of upgrading the module to allow for temp changes remotely with this type of system?

Riveratz
07-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Riveratz,
I have a system that was installed by Doubletree Security when our house was built. Its a full security system with a module connected to the A/C thermostat. That module was $65.
The system works fine but only will let me turn the A/C on or off. I cannot change the A/C temperature remotely.
We leave the A/C on (set at 90 degrees) when we are not there in the summer. This keeps the cabinets, interior doors, candles, etc from being damaged by the heat.
Is there a simple way of upgrading the module to allow for temp changes remotely with this type of system?
PM Sent

Bre
07-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I had the Internet Thermostat installed to my Havi home by Riverratz. It's awesome to arrive to our house at our designated tempurature. I even check it out when we have friends use our house. One of my wife's friends rented our house and I noticed that the thermostat was set at 72. I jacked up the tempurature from California up to 79 :D
My next install by Riveratz will be the cameras.
LMAO:D That would be nice to do:D

Riveratz
08-01-2007, 08:21 AM
That's why it's just easier to give you a key to the house and have you go over and turn it on for me before I get there.:D :D :D :D :D :D
Just get your phone line installed so we can get this put in yours also.... Along with the security system....

Music to my Ears
08-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Lorne, do you, or anybody else can chime in here too, know what the cheapest internet service is in Havasu? All I need the internet cable for would be for you to run it to the thermostat. Even bundled with NPG phone and cable for tv increases my monthly bill by $60 per month. Are there any other companies that run internet inexpensively?
I'm trying to justify having you change my phone line thermostat to the cable version.:)

Music to my Ears
08-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Lorne, do you, or anybody else can chime in here too, know what the cheapest internet service is in Havasu? All I need the internet cable for would be for you to run it to the thermostat. Even bundled with NPG phone and cable for tv increases my monthly bill by $60 per month. Are there any other companies that run internet inexpensively?
I'm trying to justify having you change my phone line thermostat to the cable version.:)

Riveratz
08-01-2007, 11:57 AM
NPG Cable. I run there faster service and it is 39.95 a month. They also give you a static IP address where Frontier doesn't

Riveratz
08-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Dup Post....

Riveratz
08-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Bump for the upcoming weekend.

lalhc
08-02-2007, 09:39 PM
I have the bundle package through Frontier. I pay $100 per month for my phone line, DSL, and Dish Network. It's probably around the same w/NPG.

Music to my Ears
08-03-2007, 07:00 AM
I have the bundle package through Frontier. I pay $100 per month for my phone line, DSL, and Dish Network. It's probably around the same w/NPG.
Thanks for the info. NPG is charging $99 for phone, cable, and DSL. It's only for the first three months and then it will go up to $130 when the promo is over. So the $100 you're paying is fixed at that rate?

Riveratz
08-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the info. NPG is charging $99 for phone, cable, and DSL. It's only for the first three months and then it will go up to $130 when the promo is over. So the $100 you're paying is fixed at that rate?
I think he is getting Dish Network with that price also. Much better than cable but not as good as DTV. Just my .02 worth

Sleek316
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
My System works perfectly. Thanks Lorne.

Riveratz
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
My System works perfectly. Thanks Lorne.
Your welcome!

CampbellCarl
09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Does the phone system require another line or does it work off of the single line that's already there?
Thanx
CC

TCHB
09-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Cool house when you roll in.

Riveratz
09-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Does the phone system require another line or does it work off of the single line that's already there?
Thanx
CC
It works with the existing line in the house. No need for another line and it is compatible with Answering Machines.