PDA

View Full Version : Boatgonewild gets hurt, need doctor

boatgonewild
07-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Coming back from Saguaro, pulled in some debri in the pump,... temp gauge is bad, I found out......... So I jumped in and fished out some crap, started it again, still saw no water out the headers.. So I got on it hard and blow out the debri.... I see water out the headers, but when I got to the marina,, she is acting like I have a blow header gasket..... rough idling I think I might have hurt something........ Help me mister wizard.......:mad:

67weimann
07-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Is there water in the oil? Milky oil?

cave
07-30-2007, 04:27 AM
Flush the passages with a water hose from the dump line back. You may still have somthing stuck inside. That happen to me at Bartlett. Once I got it home I flushed it back and all kinds of shitzle poped out.

502 JET
07-30-2007, 05:28 AM
The sound your describing and with the engine running rough you may have hurt somthing in the valvetrain. Pull the valve covers and take look for damage or loose rockers.

boatgonewild
08-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Pulled the plugs and ran compression test, 125 to 134 that looks good ....... found some evidence of another bad header gasket... so changing again and new HEI distrub/ wires, plugs..... should be ready for Sunday....:) :) :)