PDA

View Full Version : NBA NEWS...Seems KG isn't going to the Lakers afterall :)

DILLIGAF
07-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Read it and weep Insane....lol
Jeff Goodman
FOXSports.com
The on-again, off-again deal with the Boston Celtics acquiring Kevin Garnett apparently is back on.
According to sources, the current deal on the table has the 6-foot-11 Garnett heading to Boston and the Celtics dealing away Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff's hefty expiring contract and Rajon Rondo. There may also be other players and draft picks involved.
It's not quite done, but three industry sources — including one close to the Celtics — told FOXSports.com that it's extremely close and could become official within the next 48 hours.
"It's basically done," one source said. "If it does happen, this will make the Celtics relevant again."
Celtics boss Danny Ainge attempted to trade for the Minnesota Timberwolves star forward prior to the NBA Draft, but the 31-year-old perennial All-Star had no interest in heading to Boston.
However, things may have changed now that Ainge and the Celtics pulled off the draft day deal with Seattle for Ray Allen.
There have been numerous discussions during the last week between Ainge and Wolves vice president Kevin McHale, who are good friends dating back to their days playing together on the Celtics.
Garnett has the option to get out of his contract — which pays $22 million next season — after the 2008 campaign and become a free agent. He averaged 22.4 points and 12.8 rebounds per game last season — his 12th in the NBA.
Garnett is a 10-time NBA All-Star and was the league's MVP in 2004. He is also one of the better defensive players in the NBA.
The deal would give Ainge a team that could compete with anyone in the Eastern Conference with the trio of Paul Pierce, Garnett and Allen. The Celtics would also have nearly $60 million in salaries between the three players for next season alone.
The Wolves would get one of the league's top young players in the 22-year-old Jefferson, who averaged 16 points and 11 boards in 69 games a year ago, and a second-year point guard in Rondo with plenty of potential. They would also get Ratliff's $11.7 million salary, which will come off the books after this season.

dmontzsta
07-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Who is really insane?
I will believe it when he is in a celtics uniform. Do you know how many rumors there have been? Besides, KG will choose where he goes next year, when his contract is up. He has been all over LA this off season, saw him at the Galaxy game last weekend. ;)
How about them clippers? lol

Jordy
07-29-2007, 10:07 PM
How about them clippers? lol
Can you take me out Kobe style Tom??? :D :D :D
NO MEANS NO!!! :D

DILLIGAF
07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
LOL.........................................

dmontzsta
07-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre you go! ;)
How about a payroll of $60 million for three players? :D $3 mill over the salary cap.

dmontzsta
07-30-2007, 07:57 AM
You are right, after this year it will be $60 million.
Still, Boston would have to pay a nice luxury tax.
Like I said though, I will believe it when I see it. I remember KG shot down the Boston deal last time, and he did it quick!
McHale just has a boner for his old team still.

Sheeprides
07-30-2007, 08:04 AM
KG's looking for a 5 year extension to his contract rumored to be 125 million. That seems to be the hold-up. It could happen but I'll will believe it when he suits up for the first time.

DILLIGAF
07-30-2007, 08:41 PM
You are right, after this year it will be $60 million.
Still, Boston would have to pay a nice luxury tax.
Like I said though, I will believe it when I see it. I remember KG shot down the Boston deal last time, and he did it quick!
McHale just has a boner for his old team still.
I hear a fat lady singing and nothing from the Lakers front office at all
:)
Of course the Clips seem to be sleeping also :(

Jyruiz
07-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Hope it goes thru, KG was is not worth gutting the Lakers. Kobe and KG would not have been enough to get out of the west.

BadKachina
07-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Hope it goes thru, KG was is not worth gutting the Lakers. Kobe and KG would not have been enough to get out of the west.
So would Nash and KG..........Oh and some refs that weren't on the take.:rolleyes:

dmontzsta
07-30-2007, 10:44 PM
I hear a fat lady singing and nothing from the Lakers front office at all
Of course the Clips seem to be sleeping also :(
The Lakers just signed Coby Karl today. ;)
clippers are going to do the usual and end up losing Brand to frustration. :eek: :)

dmontzsta
07-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Deal is done, KG to wear #5 press conference today.
If Pierce and Allen can stay healthy, Boston should come out of the weak East.
I still do not think Boston is a super power, since they are now short handed at Center and Guard.

DILLIGAF
07-31-2007, 11:15 AM
The Lakers just signed Coby Karl today. ;)
clippers are going to do the usual and end up losing Brand to frustration. :eek: :)
Last I heard it was Kobe who is frustrated. Brand is a dedicated team player and we don't hear the kind of selfish attitude from him that Kobe displays.

MayDaze
07-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Read it and weep Insane....lol
Jeff Goodman
FOXSports.com
The on-again, off-again deal with the Boston Celtics acquiring Kevin Garnett apparently is back on.
According to sources, the current deal on the table has the 6-foot-11 Garnett heading to Boston and the Celtics dealing away Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff's hefty expiring contract and Rajon Rondo. There may also be other players and draft picks involved.
It's not quite done, but three industry sources — including one close to the Celtics — told FOXSports.com that it's extremely close and could become official within the next 48 hours.
"It's basically done," one source said. "If it does happen, this will make the Celtics relevant again."
Celtics boss Danny Ainge attempted to trade for the Minnesota Timberwolves star forward prior to the NBA Draft, but the 31-year-old perennial All-Star had no interest in heading to Boston.
However, things may have changed now that Ainge and the Celtics pulled off the draft day deal with Seattle for Ray Allen.
There have been numerous discussions during the last week between Ainge and Wolves vice president Kevin McHale, who are good friends dating back to their days playing together on the Celtics.
Garnett has the option to get out of his contract — which pays $22 million next season — after the 2008 campaign and become a free agent. He averaged 22.4 points and 12.8 rebounds per game last season — his 12th in the NBA.
Garnett is a 10-time NBA All-Star and was the league's MVP in 2004. He is also one of the better defensive players in the NBA.
The deal would give Ainge a team that could compete with anyone in the Eastern Conference with the trio of Paul Pierce, Garnett and Allen. The Celtics would also have nearly $60 million in salaries between the three players for next season alone.
The Wolves would get one of the league's top young players in the 22-year-old Jefferson, who averaged 16 points and 11 boards in 69 games a year ago, and a second-year point guard in Rondo with plenty of potential. They would also get Ratliff's $11.7 million salary, which will come off the books after this season.
That's a good thing the East needs help

dmontzsta
07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Last I heard it was Kobe who is frustrated. Brand is a dedicated team player and we don't hear the kind of selfish attitude from him that Kobe displays.
The problem is Kobe knows what a championship tastes like and what it takes to win one. Trust me, Brand will leave the clippers just like KG left. Kobe was using his power to force the Lakers FO to wake up.

dmontzsta
07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
As I stated previously, if Brand can't deliver a playoff season, complete with at least one round victory in the playoffs, than maybe it would be better to let him go and play somewhere else.
Don't try and infect your misery on the Clippers. The reason they stood pat this offseason is because they didn't need a lot of help. They need their players to stay healthy, not to add a bunch of other overpriced crybabies.
Dont try to use the injury bug. You already tried saying they had more injuries than the Lakers and it is not even close. The fact is the clippers franchise is just a joke and always has been. The owner does not know what it takes to win. He has never been there and probably never will be!
:devil:

Edmond
07-31-2007, 11:57 PM
Tom.........you suck!
The Lakers will still be ahead of the clippers.and go farther!!!

AZJD
08-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Damn, Garnett, Pierce and Allen! Hello East...........

dmontzsta
08-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Wow, talk about bitter. I'm so glad KG is not going to the Lakers, I could scream. I'm getting ready to buy a Celtics KG throwback jersey to celebrate.
The Clippers were without a point guard nearly all season. The Lakers had some scrubs injured. You know, the same scrubs they couldn't trade for anybody this offseason. Call me when Kobe misses half the season. ;)
Scrubs? lol...only most of their starting line up.
Mihm, Odom, Brown, Walton, Cook, Radmanovic, Evans, Turiaf, and a few others were all injured for a little bit or most of the season.
Lakers will win a championship before the clippers, which could be never. lol.:)

DILLIGAF
08-01-2007, 10:20 AM
I see Insane is in mid-season form with all his excuses...and shit

acatitude
08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Dont try to use the injury bug. You already tried saying they had more injuries than the Lakers and it is not even close. The fact is the clippers franchise is just a joke and always has been. The owner does not know what it takes to win. He has never been there and probably never will be!
:devil:
whoa did he really say that??????? lmao well then I guess most of your starters are scrubbs that noone wants lol.. injury bug...... lol....priceless coming from you

DILLIGAF
08-01-2007, 12:20 PM
the sports talk shows are having a lot of fun with this one...lol
570AM....VTB is pissed and MT sounds suicidal :)

HAMMER TIME
08-01-2007, 01:24 PM
basketball is weak and boring :sleeping: :sleeping: half of those losers would or should be in prison instead of the b ball court

so cal D
08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Elton Brand Is Not Used To Winning If He Knew What It Was Like To Win He Would Be Long Gone This Is Expected Of The Clippers But Not A Team With Several Rings Under Their Belt!! Im Tired Of All The Kobe Haters Just Remember He's The Only Chance We Have To Bring Us The Gold. Brand,wade,melo,james, Etc. Could Not Do It!!!

acatitude
08-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Brand,wade,melo,james, Etc. Could Not Do It!!! and neither can Kobe .I think Wade has a ring

Jyruiz
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Brand,wade,melo,james, Etc. Could Not Do It!!! and neither can Kobe .I think Wade has a ring
Don't be so quick to hate, So Cal D is talking about a gold medal.

dmontzsta
08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Also remember, Kobe has 3 championships, three in a row. ;)

acatitude
08-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Also remember, Kobe has 3 championships, three in a row. ;)
comon Don, get real, they were with shaq.... why do we have to keep going over this???? those were shaqs teams that won... Kobe ran him off and nothin so far but we know that so get real ;)
jruiz... ok got it my bad

so cal D
08-03-2007, 10:04 PM
When Shaq Went To Miami And Decided To Get Into Shape (which He Did Not Do With The Lakers The Last Couple Years) I Lost All My Respect For Him. Remember He Has Always Had Help First Kobe Now Wade. He Cant Even Make Free Throws!!