PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe how inconsiderate my neighbors are

Tom Brown
07-29-2007, 09:48 PM
This afternoon, I mowed my lawn. To make the groundskeeping a little less monotonous, I put a little music on the car stereo. I opened the windows and trunk so I could hear it OK and then I turned it up a bit... not too high.... about 3/4 volume or so.
Ninety minutes later, some cops show up and.... get this... they asked me to turn it down! They said someone complained about the noise. WTF?
... so I tell the officers that it's between the hours of 8 am and 10 pm so I can do anything I damn well please. They tell me I can't. That's when I pointed out the taxes I pay makes me their boss and I'm telling them, it's OK. Despite this perfectly reasonable logic, they still made me turn it down or they said they'd have to take me in.
Can you believe some people? They see someone enjoying a nice afternoon and they have to do their best to ruin it. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-29-2007, 09:50 PM
This afternoon, I mowed my lawn. To make the groundskeeping a little less monotonous, I put a little music on the car stereo. I opened the windows and trunk so I could hear it OK and then I turned it up a bit... not too high.... about 3/4 volume or so.
Ninety minutes later, some cops show up and.... get this... they asked me to turn it down! They said someone complained about the noise. WTF?
... so I tell the officers that it's between the hours of 8 am and 10 pm so I can do anything I damn well please. They tell me I can't. That's when I pointed out the taxes I pay makes me their boss and I'm telling them, it's OK. Despite this perfectly reasonable logic, they still made me turn it down or they said they'd have to take me in.
Can you believe some people? They see someone enjoying a nice afternoon and they have to do their best to ruin it. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
but they were to chicken shit to say they called on you. :)
sucks having focked up neighbors..

Tom Brown
07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
sucks having focked up neighbors..
This is what I'm saying. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
If ever anyone deserved to have their tires slashed and garage burned, it's these dickweeds.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-29-2007, 10:00 PM
This is what I'm saying. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
If ever anyone deserved to have their tires slashed and garage burned, it's these dickweeds.
tellthem to keep off the lawn and listen to the radio in peace with you.. :)

spectras only
07-29-2007, 10:01 PM
pour some brake fluids on their cars :idea: , the nerve
some people have :)

Daddy_G
07-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Meanwhile --- Some f**kstick is stealing a car or spraying graffiti or robbing a small biz or kicking the crap out of his wife or... you fill in the blanks.
Cops are so freakin' useless these daze!
They should have laughed this complaint off!!!!!!
Any easy call to justify their salaries --- what ever happened to "Serve and Protect"?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-29-2007, 10:09 PM
You forgot to mention that you were listening to Marilyn Manson. Maybe they got tired of the screaming :rolleyes:
It sucks having neighbors. Make sure you mow your lawn at 5:00 am next weekend :D

Tom Brown
07-29-2007, 10:11 PM
What ever happened to "Serve and Protect"?
The only thing these assholes are serving is donuts and coffee. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-29-2007, 10:13 PM
The only thing these assholes are serving is donuts and coffee. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
you should have offered them some coffee.. I amsure they had their own donuts.. or is it bagels now? I forget. :D

Daddy_G
07-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Or is it "Protect and Serve" - I just can't remember....
Since I've never witnessed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jbb
07-30-2007, 03:20 AM
I told you Brown.....when your neighbors fear you......these things are never a problem.....:p
Lahey was probably just drunk again....

Rexone
07-30-2007, 03:34 AM
These asswholes obviously don't know who you hang with Tom. :mad:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732brownshouse.jpg

Mattman
07-30-2007, 05:09 AM
you should have offered them some coffee.. I amsure they had their own donuts.. or is it bagels now? I forget. :D
I actually prefer a latte and a scone or maybe a bagel if I'm feelin' sassy. :)

GHT
07-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Do you know which neighbor it is, or are they all potential Focks?

Baja Big Dog
07-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Welcome to America??:confused:

Lightning
07-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Can you believe some people? They see someone enjoying a nice afternoon and they have to do their best to ruin it.
http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
I would of come over and asked you to turn that shit off, handed you a beer and then talked you into mowing my lawn too. Or, you may want to get a walkman.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
I actually prefer a latte and a scone or maybe a bagel if I'm feelin' sassy. :)
lmao!!:jawdrop: :D :D

Nord
07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, how did that pic of Tom holding the gun get on the intraweb?? Did he post it??

mdunn01
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I must have said this a bunch of times now and on here once or twice. Here is the law on noise. I know, trust me I know. Dealt with this alot in CA.
1. If someone complains its too loud, than you have too turn it down. Regardless of time of day, you are the loser, PERIOD!
2. Basically it doesnt matter if its 3 am, 3pm, 12 noon, If someone complains they will be the winner with the Cops, because they called and complained. There is not way around it.
Mike

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I must have said this a bunch of times now and on here once or twice. Here is the law on noise. I know, trust me I know. Dealt with this alot in CA.
1. If someone complains its too loud, than you have too turn it down. Regardless of time of day, you are the loser, PERIOD!
2. Basically it doesnt matter if its 3 am, 3pm, 12 noon, If someone complains they will be the winner with the Cops, because they called and complained. There is not way around it.
Mike
true.. but the real loser is the one with no balls to walk over and ask to turn it down.. :D

Screemy1
07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
it does no matter what time it is.... how loud???? music loud enough for you to hear while walking behind a mower is really loud to a person not standing next to a mower..... I learned that when I was vacuming my room as a kid and turned my stereo up so I could hear it while vacuming... my mom almost killed me....... would you feel the same if it was your neigbor blasting mexican music//??:D

mdunn01
07-30-2007, 12:15 PM
it does no matter what time it is.... how loud???? music loud enough for you to hear while walking behind a mower is really loud to a person not standing next to a mower..... I learned that when I was vacuming my room as a kid and turned my stereo up so I could hear it while vacuming... my mom almost killed me....... would you feel the same if it was your neigbor blasting mexican music//??:D
It doesnt matter, you can call and complain about the gardners in the AM if you want and if its too loud, you might just get them too stop. Serious, its just plain and simple, if someone complains about noise, more than likely the person making the noise will loose the talk with the local cops.

Cole Trickle
07-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Back in the day the neighbor that lived behind my dad would call the cops in the middle of the day if we were playing basketball in the front yard. We were not being loud or causing trouble yet the police would show up like clock work.....
There was one cop that had a slight attitude problem when I advised him it was a long time fued and that I would not stop playing. He threatend to arrest me on more than one occasion. I have never been a trouble maker and have a spotless rap sheet.
After a call to the chief explaning the situation and a follow up letter from the family attorney the cop was removed from that beat and the chief paid a visit to the neighbor and explained that they were invading our rites.
Never had another problem with the neighbor:D:D

BigDogIvan
07-30-2007, 12:22 PM
10 bucks says that you woke some a hole up from his nap. I would have waited about an hour after the cops left and gone and fired the boat off to clear the cobwebs out of the headers. :D

yopengo
07-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Maybe if you weren’t out mowing in you dolphin shorts and pink Spam shirt …they wouldn’t have cared. :idea: :D

Nord
07-30-2007, 12:25 PM
lol:D :D

2manymustangs
07-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Smoke a big fat joint with them and chill... :D

socalmoney
07-30-2007, 12:35 PM
You know Tom, most people who complain to the cops over something so trivial as loud music have much deeper hate for the person they are calling on.
Who have you offended lately?

Nord
07-30-2007, 12:37 PM
You know Tom, most people who complain to the cops over something so trivial as loud music have much deeper hate for the person they are calling on.
Thats a loaded question............

Dribble
07-30-2007, 12:40 PM
You're absolutley in the right. They should have manned up and told you that the radio was to loud and interfering wiith THIER RIGHT to quiet enjoyment of their property. If you refused, then they should have called the cops.

socalmoney
07-30-2007, 12:41 PM
I meant to say, "have you offended anyone lately". That sounds like Tom is on Probation or Parole.

Waist Deep
07-30-2007, 12:42 PM
The way I see it, if they've told you before, they should call the cops. We've given our focked neighbors tons of chances, but now I simply pick up tha phone and let 5-0 take charge. Why waste my time repeating myself.
Just this morning at 4:00, their tenant in the rear was playing his music, it came through closed windows, so I called the bitch homeowner and woke her up.
She actually wanted me to go tell them to STFU.
Good Luck

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Smoke a big fat joint with them and chill... :D
LOL!! No drugs here But I will buy any cop a cup of coffee..:) as long as they are nice..

Slow What
07-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Maybe if you weren’t out mowing in you dolphin shorts and pink Spam shirt …they wouldn’t have cared. :idea: :D
This should be his next move , they will be begging him to changed his clothes and crank the radio back up :eek: :D

2manymustangs
07-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Tom, was there any molson golden involved? :messedup:

2manymustangs
07-30-2007, 05:00 PM
LOL!! No drugs here But I will buy any cop a cup of coffee..:) as long as they are nice..
I didn't say anything about drugs, just a nice big joint! And sorry for the disconnect, I meant smoke one with the neighbors not the cops... :D

hoolign
07-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Tom, was there any molson golden involved? :messedup:
A&W rootbeer at the very most!

MADDOG355
07-30-2007, 06:14 PM
This is the kind of crap makes me glad I live in BFE.
When people here call the cops about noise the reply is "We are sorry but there is no noise laws in the county". :D :D
Now inside city limits could be a diffrent story.

uvindex
07-30-2007, 06:28 PM
... so I tell the officers that it's between the hours of 8 am and 10 pm so I can do anything I damn well please. They tell me I can't. That's when I pointed out the taxes I pay makes me their boss and I'm telling them, it's OK. Despite this perfectly reasonable logic, they still made me turn it down or they said they'd have to take me in.So nobody else thinks Tom's pulling our leg with this little story? I think it's a parody of some other posts that have appeared on HB.com. Just sayin... :)

hoolign
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
So nobody else thinks Tom's pulling our leg with this little story? I think it's a parody of some other posts that have appeared on HB.com. Just sayin... :)
Noooo.. :p

dragboat
07-30-2007, 06:54 PM
So nobody else thinks Tom's pulling our leg with this little story? I think it's a parody of some other posts that have appeared on HB.com. Just sayin... :)
HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM could be :D :idea: :idea: :D

Tom Brown
07-30-2007, 07:44 PM
music loud enough for you to hear while walking behind a mower is really loud to a person not standing next to a mower.....
Who are you, David Suzuki?
Just out of curiosity, how did that pic of Tom holding the gun get on the intraweb?? Did he post it??
That's a story that hasn't been told in a while. Perhaps it's a good time to bring that story back out.
So nobody else thinks Tom's pulling our leg with this little story?
That doesn't sound like something I would do.

sorry dog
07-30-2007, 10:19 PM
I guess you could invite Hanson over for the weekend in his lowered mexican sub truck.
Perception is all relative.

Rexone
07-31-2007, 01:40 AM
That doesn't sound like something I would do.
I can vouch for that. The Tomster certainly wouldn't post anything that didn't actually happen.

STV_Keith
07-31-2007, 07:22 AM
That stuff doesn't go over well with me. Buy a POS old cheap lawn mower and remove the muffler (it will burn the exhaust valve in time, so make sure it's not an expensive one), then crank'er up and aim it at their house. Just let it run WOT out there for a few hours. Don't forget to fill the tank! :devil:
Let's see the cops prevent you from mowing the lawn! :eek:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 07:58 AM
I didn't say anything about drugs, just a nice big joint! And sorry for the disconnect, I meant smoke one with the neighbors not the cops... :D
LMAO!! sorry I was having a blonde moment.. :D :D

2manymustangs
07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
:D
sorry dog said:
"I guess you could invite Hanson over for the weekend in his lowered mexican sub truck."
Now that's funny man...