PDA

View Full Version : Any CHP on Here?

dirty old man
07-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Do you guys EVER move over slow drivers from the fast lane? The 15 from LV to LA isn't so bad, but the 210 and 10 always seem to have someone who is either too stupid, or bullish to know thay are holding up a long line of traffic. I've seen CHP pass them on the right just like the rest of us. It seems to me slow drivers are a bigger hazzard than many speeders (not all). What is your policy on this?

duner21
07-30-2007, 09:17 AM
That is my biggest gripe with driving on the freeway. I dont understand why people stay in the left lane when they are not passing people. Or they move over to the right to let you pass then move right back into the left lane???? I dont get it.

RitcheyRch
07-30-2007, 09:22 AM
One of my pet peeves as well.
That is my biggest gripe with driving on the freeway. I dont understand why people stay in the left lane when they are not passing people. Or they move over to the right to let you pass then move right back into the left lane???? I dont get it.

socalmoney
07-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Get one of these. I doubt the CHP will help move slower traffic out of the way so you can go faster.
http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/
http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/Images/BannerTemp.jpg

duner21
07-30-2007, 09:53 AM
LOL i saw that before but i figured it would just piss people off

DaddyMack
07-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Get one of these. I doubt the CHP will help move slower traffic out of the way so you can go faster.
Ha!
that's good!
Problem is that slower traffic is supposed to travel in right lane.. but that only holds true for less than the speed limit. If they are traveling the speed limit, they are the "faster" traffic theoretically and have absolutely no obligation to move over for someone that is speeding and breaking the law...
Its up to the speeder to drive around the law abiders. Of course then they have to worry about driving recklessly.
Reality is different I know... BUT just a Judge's opinion. (*caveat.. never said I drove exactly the speed limit :jawdrop: or don't get pissed at those people either... :D )

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 10:00 AM
most cases it is a fricken mini van..:D :D :D

Kachina26
07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Ha!
If they are traveling the speed limit, they are the "faster" traffic theoretically and have absolutely no obligation to move over for someone that is speeding and breaking the law...
Ah yes, the blessed "keepers of the speed" I call them. I commute to Barstow daily. I drive about 75-80, I realize that I pretty much have no business in the fast lane at those slow speeds. So, I stay in the middle lane and let the 90 and above crowd zoom past me. After all, they do a good job of locating the 'bears' for me :D
I'll tell ya though, nothing makes me crazier than some jackass doing 65-70 in the fast lane. Especially when they know they are impeding the flow of traffic. :mad:

talkinghead
07-30-2007, 10:17 AM
What also pisses me off are people who want to go 90 in the slow lane.

Make it a Double
07-30-2007, 10:22 AM
most cases it is a fricken mini van..:D :D :D
In almost every case:mad: Coming back to AZ on the 10 from the Catalina Ski race I wanted to bump dozens of them.:mad::)

clownpuncher
07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Arizona made it simple, with signs on the highway stating "Keep right except to pass". Even the truckers and boat towing trucks can go 70.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 10:52 AM
In almost every case:mad: Coming back to AZ on the 10 from the Catalina Ski race I wanted to bump dozens of them.:mad::)
:D :D

Cole Trickle
07-30-2007, 10:52 AM
CHP is too busy to do actuall work......
I have been pulled over 5X in the last 4 months by the CHP. 4X for not having plates on a new car (I have a transponder) and being in the toll road.
Sadly all but 1 were complete aholes...I had one guy ask me why I didn't have plates after owing the car for 2 weeks. He acted like it was my fault:confused::D
3 weeks ago I got rolled for window tint in 50mph stop and go traffic on the 55. The guy practically locked up the brakes on his bike as he was buzzing by in the carpool lane.
Thats true crime fighting!!!:) ;) :)

lewiville
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
CHP is too busy to do actuall work......
I have been pulled over 5X in the last 4 months by the CHP. 4X for not having plates on a new car (I have a transponder) and being in the toll road.
Sadly all but 1 were complete aholes...I had one guy ask me why I didn't have plates after owing the car for 2 weeks. He acted like it was my fault:confused::D
3 weeks ago I got rolled for window tint in 50mph stop and go traffic on the 55. The guy practically locked up the brakes on his bike as he was buzzing by in the carpool lane.
Thats true crime fighting!!!:) ;) :)
That sounds just like the CHP guy that took my accedent report that I had on the 91. The guy was a motorcycle CHP, total dick to me and I was the one who got hit. Short, over chubby cop. Thought his shit didnt stink.

smokinjoe
07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
THIS WOULD BE GOOD IF THE DUMB ASSES WOULD LOOK IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR ONCE DURING THE TEN MIN. THAT YOUR STUCK BEHIND THEM.

Baja Big Dog
07-30-2007, 11:32 AM
I am not one for more laws, ever...but I cant wait for the cell phone law next year...I am focking fed up with these asswipes that change lanes without signals, drive 10 MPH slower than everyone else, dont use mirrors, shoot them all.
Yea IM a little pissed, just got back from Utah on the Harley, and almost got taken out a few times by asswipes on phones...
ITS A CAR...NOT A PHONE BOOTH!!!:mad:

Screemy1
07-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I am not one for more laws, ever...but I cant wait for the cell phone law next year...I am focking fed up with these asswipes that change lanes without signals, drive 10 MPH slower than everyone else, dont use mirrors, shoot them all.
Yea IM a little pissed, just got back from Utah on the Harley, and almost got taken out a few times by asswipes on phones...
ITS A CAR...NOT A PHONE BOOTH!!!:mad:
nothing will change..... they will switch to a sandwich in their hand and continue talking on their cell with a hands free device.... the hands free is only going to make drivers add a task rather then stop one..... now you can drive, talk on cell phone and maybe drink passing it back to a cup holder.... with the law I will drive, talk hands free, drink, and eat all at once.... this hands free thing is gonna be great!!!! Its okay though, my friend drives, looks at his computer glances at a map, reads detailed road directions, runs red lights, drives fast, and listens to radio calls.... he is a cop! :jawdrop: