PDA

View Full Version : Idiots at the ramp!

chase8
07-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Well it's time for my venting therapy again. It's been a fairly uneventful summer so far as the ramp goes. Most people have been considerate and easy to deal with. Saturday put and end to that streak. Once again as we were stopped at the prep area, Joe Idiot and his band of clowns blows on by and backs down the ramp. He pulls his trailer to the waterline and everyone falls out onto the ramp and begins prepping the Bayliner cuddy for a day on the lake. I was in a good mood so i just blew it off. About 6 hrs later I'm sitting in line waiting to pull down the ramp to pull the boat out. I'm next to pull onto the ramp and what to my surprise? Another idiot who decided waiting in line was not part of his general plan, pulls by and onto the ramp. Irritated I slide out of my vehicle and ask the man if he thinks everyone in line is sitting there because they had nothing better to do? "O gee! I didn't even realize there was a line". DUH! The guy pulls out and to the back of the line. No sooner do i get back in my vehicle, and here comes another Joe Bob trying to do the same damn thing. I'm getting pissed by now as I walk over to his window. Recognizing that i'm about ready to tear his head off he says."Oh i was just looking for a place to park". I felt like he was lying but gave him the benefit of the doubt and apologized for my attitude. He pulled on by and I lost sight of him. About 20 min later while parked at the unloading area I'm wiping the boat down, when I notice this same Joe Bob coming up the ramp after retrieving his jet ski. Damn Liar! I'm not saying anyone on the forum would be as inconsiderate as these 2 guys were. But if there are a few of you here let me pose a couple of questions. Do you cut in front of people while standing in line at the supermarket? Do you cut in front of the group ahead of you when teeing off at the golf course? If not, then what the hell is the difference when you go boating?

lalhc
07-30-2007, 09:59 AM
I don't have launch ramp issues because of where I launch at but one of the things that ticks me off the most is inconsiderate individuals.

boatnaked
07-30-2007, 10:21 AM
we were at the ramp 2 weekends ago my trailer was in the water and the wife was headed right for it, when this inconsiderate ass unloads his wake boat, puts it in reverse then starts screwing around with his bimini top and backs right in front of her, she hurries and puts it in reverse when another boat crosses right behind herputs it back it forward now she headed at the dock and the guy in the wakeboat is still sitting there! what an ass!

Scapegoat1
07-30-2007, 10:22 AM
I had a guy in a conquest try to pull down and cut into my lain, I learned to let them have it since the truck will be parked without security. The ranger told him to pull out and go to the end of the line. they were not taken any bshit at windsor that day.

MR HARLEY
07-30-2007, 10:25 AM
You feel better now? :rolleyes:

thatguy
07-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Once I get loaded up we often hang out, out of the way, and watch the always entertaining activities at the Shasta launch we use. NEVER a dull moment. I am always stupified at the blatant stupidity demonstrated in ways I could not even dream up!
Best one ever was 5 guys in there 30's or 40's. trying to load a 16' Jon boat. I am not kidding. They were so hammered they could barely stand after a hard day of fishing(drinking). After about 10 minutes with the trailer in the water they had managed to get the boat completly sideways on it and all were chest deep in the water. I believe a couple of 7 year olds could have done better. They had quite an audiance by the time they were done, including the sherriff who let them get out of the ramp area before he promptly arrested the driver for DUI, to a cheering crowd!
Tommy

chase8
07-30-2007, 11:18 AM
One of the big problems where we go boating here in Utah is the design of the ramp itself. The lake is beautiful but they haven't put any money into the ramp for better than 40 yrs.
It is outdated and not designed for the amount of boats being launched. They are very good at collecting your $9.00 to use the ramp though. By the way I do feel a little better. Thanks for asking

little rowe boat
07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Where we launch, the rangers direct the traffic, so there is no cutting in line.

chase8
07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Where we launch, the rangers direct the traffic, so there is no cutting in line.
That would be refreshing!

Tequila-John
07-30-2007, 12:10 PM
hmmmmm

talkinghead
07-30-2007, 12:29 PM
These people who cut in line are probably the same ones who drive on the shoulder when stuck in traffic - I think we've all seen that.
Guess what? 99% of the time they get away with it and these are also the same people who get ahead in life.
They play by their own rules and win the game most of the time.
All others are merely sheeple (including myself) - these people who cut in line are the wolves and sharks (predators). Or just plain stupid in some cases (or they play stupid when called out).

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 12:31 PM
just be a B!tch like I am on the ramp and pull up to were they can't get around you till you move.. :D

Nord
07-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Well it's time for my venting therapy again. It's been a fairly uneventful summer so far as the ramp goes. Most people have been considerate and easy to deal with. Saturday put and end to that streak. Once again as we were stopped at the prep area, Joe Idiot and his band of clowns blows on by and backs down the ramp. He pulls his trailer to the waterline and everyone falls out onto the ramp and begins prepping the Bayliner cuddy for a day on the lake. I was in a good mood so i just blew it off. About 6 hrs later I'm sitting in line waiting to pull down the ramp to pull the boat out. I'm next to pull onto the ramp and what to my surprise? Another idiot who decided waiting in line was not part of his general plan, pulls by and onto the ramp. Irritated I slide out of my vehicle and ask the man if he thinks everyone in line is sitting there because they had nothing better to do? "O gee! I didn't even realize there was a line". DUH! The guy pulls out and to the back of the line. No sooner do i get back in my vehicle, and here comes another Joe Bob trying to do the same damn thing. I'm getting pissed by now as I walk over to his window. Recognizing that i'm about ready to tear his head off he says."Oh i was just looking for a place to park". I felt like he was lying but gave him the benefit of the doubt and apologized for my attitude. He pulled on by and I lost sight of him. About 20 min later while parked at the unloading area I'm wiping the boat down, when I notice this same Joe Bob coming up the ramp after retrieving his jet ski. Damn Liar! I'm not saying anyone on the forum would be as inconsiderate as these 2 guys were. But if there are a few of you here let me pose a couple of questions. Do you cut in front of people while standing in line at the supermarket? Do you cut in front of the group ahead of you when teeing off at the golf course? If not, then what the hell is the difference when you go boating?
With names like "Joe Idiot", "Idiot" and "Joe Bob" I wouldn't expect any less....

Old Texan
07-30-2007, 12:48 PM
These people who cut in line are probably the same ones who drive on the shoulder when stuck in traffic - I think we've all seen that.
Guess what? 99% of the time they get away with it and these are also the same people who get ahead in life.
They play by their own rules and win the game most of the time.
All others are merely sheeple (including myself) - these people who cut in line are the wolves and sharks (predators). Or just plain stupid in some cases (or they play stupid when called out).
I don't think they actually get that far ahead to stay. These types of folks eventually have something big backfire on their arrogants asses. Karma is real....:devil:

RitcheyRch
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Is that at Elsinore??

boatnaked
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
One of the big problems where we go boating here in Utah is the design of the ramp itself. The lake is beautiful but they haven't put any money into the ramp for better than 40 yrs.
It is outdated and not designed for the amount of boats being launched. They are very good at collecting your $9.00 to use the ramp though. By the way I do feel a little better. Thanks for asking
what lake do you go to?

havaduner
07-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I dont cut people off while in line at the store, I dont usually have much of a line when loading/unloading the boat, but if I do, I'll wait.
What I will not do, is golf behind a group of Koreans, so yes, I will cut them off at the first tee!:D

Shockwave 25
07-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I love it when you have your trailer in the water and your trying to put your boat on and all these boat are hangin around right behind it. I drive up and ask if their trailer is on the ramp, usually they answer No. Then back your boat out to the lake and let the people that have their trailers in the water have a clean clear shot at it. Common sense would make things so much easier at the launch ramp...

Chipster27
07-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Funny story, couple weeks ago we were launching out of the Marina. As most of you know the ramp is 7 or 8 lanes wide. Well a spot was open between lanes 4 and 6 but due to the length of my truck and trailer and the truck and trailer in lanes 4 and 6 there was no way I would be able to pull right in so I arc across the ramp and start to back down so I can pull straight in to lane 5. Well the guys in lane 4 thought I was going to back down the ramp and launch in their lane. I can't tell you how funny it was to see their 8 year old come unglued like he was going to kick my ass. By the time they realized what was happening I was pulling in to lane 5. We exchanged pleasentries and went on our way.
However, I have seen @ss clowns launch by themselves, leave their truck and trailer on the ramp while they tie off their boat, put up the bimini, load their coolers, etc...then come back and move their truck and trailer :idea:
It's been going on for years and will continue to happen. There are things you can control and things you have no control over. Don't sweat the things you have no control over :D

Jyruiz
07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
We had bad luck Saturday and Sunday while retrieving the boat. On Saturday these people could not get their Carrera on the trailer correctly and it took them about 10 minutes to finally get it right, wish there would have been other spots open, but there wasn't so we had to wait.
On Sunday, it was an Ultra Shadow, my wife is in the lane next to them, they start backing up first and go into her lane leaving no room for her to back up all the way, and seeing my wife trying, you think they would have pulled out and try to do it right since the boat was not even close yet, but they didn't, so they made us wait, guess they thought it was cool to take two lanes.

Wild Horses
07-31-2007, 05:56 AM
what lake do you go to?
I am pretty sure he is talking about Pine View, pretty lake but not real big. The ramp is privately operated, I wish the state would put in a nice ramp and marina on this lake I might go there more instead of always going to Bear Lake! :D :D

UltraStealth
07-31-2007, 06:29 AM
I love it when you have your trailer in the water and your trying to put your boat on and all these boat are hangin around right behind it. I drive up and ask if their trailer is on the ramp, usually they answer No. Then back your boat out to the lake and let the people that have their trailers in the water have a clean clear shot at it. Common sense would make things so much easier at the launch ramp...
So true....I see this all the time especially at Katherine's.

UltraStealth
07-31-2007, 06:31 AM
We had bad luck Saturday and Sunday while retrieving the boat. On Saturday these people could not get their Carrera on the trailer correctly and it took them about 10 minutes to finally get it right, wish there would have been other spots open, but there wasn't so we had to wait.
On Sunday, it was an Ultra Shadow, my wife is in the lane next to them, they start backing up first and go into her lane leaving no room for her to back up all the way, and seeing my wife trying, you think they would have pulled out and try to do it right since the boat was not even close yet, but they didn't, so they made us wait, guess they thought it was cool to take two lanes.
Were you up in Laughlin on the river Saturday?

Jyruiz
07-31-2007, 07:18 AM
Were you up in Laughlin on the river Saturday?
No, this was in Havasu at Windsor.

UltraStealth
07-31-2007, 07:20 AM
No, this was in Havasu at Windsor.
There was a boat on the river that looked exactly like yours. I thought for sure it was you.

ULTRA26 # 1
07-31-2007, 07:27 AM
I don't think they actually get that far ahead to stay. These types of folks eventually have something big backfire on their arrogants asses. Karma is real....:devil:
Yep. It's real for sure

boat boy
07-31-2007, 07:45 AM
On July 21, we were trying to retrieve our 27’ during the wind storm at the Nautical. There was a large cat (Stray Cat) taking over 20 min on his retrieve while there were several 19 to 23 footers just taking on water every time the bow would take a dip. Stray Cat at one time had 4 people in the water with another 5 or 6 on the boat. If it’s that difficult to get her up and dry then maybe he should have just beached it.
It was just my wife and I. Wife has the duty of backing up the trailer and me putting the boat on. If 2 min went by (total time) I will kiss everyone’s A$$.
Bottom line guys when trying to retrieve in those monsoons, don’t put the trailer all the way into the water at first…give the boat something to grab…then finish backing down the trailer. Also put your kites down…can not believe the number of individuals flying them with those big high winds.

jbtrailerjim
07-31-2007, 08:08 AM
Man, this is a huge pet peave of mine. Never fails almost everytime I go to pull the boat out of the water, some jackass is floating right in the way in front of the ramp. I can't understand why people can't just motor out a little ways away from the ramp and stay out of the way until your trailer is backing down the ramp. :mad:

chase8
07-31-2007, 08:09 AM
I am pretty sure he is talking about Pine View, pretty lake but not real big. The ramp is privately operated, I wish the state would put in a nice ramp and marina on this lake I might go there more instead of always going to Bear Lake! :D :D
Your right, it was at Pineview. Poorly run to say the least.

little rowe boat
07-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Sometimes you need to relax and realize that not everybody is as good as you at things and sometimes there are situations that are beyond our control. About a month ago, I had a family get really mad at me and my wife because we couldn't get our boat in the trailer in their alloted amount of time. When all hell broke loose and they decided to confront us about it, they learned that I had one drive stuck in reverse. I couldn't shut that motor down because it also happened to be the motor that runs my power steering pump. After they calmed down, they decided to help and we got the boat on the trailer and out of their way without further incident.
I agree. Last time out the water was low and the trailer was actually on rocks not sitting level, so I had a heck of a time trying to get the boat to sit on the trailer correctly. Many other peeps were having the same prob. Sometimes it's easier to help someone out than get all pissed off that they are not in and out as fast as you would like.

chase8
07-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Sometimes you need to relax and realize that not everybody is as good as you at things and sometimes there are situations that are beyond our control. About a month ago, I had a family get really mad at me and my wife because we couldn't get our boat in the trailer in their alloted amount of time. When all hell broke loose and they decided to confront us about it, they learned that I had one drive stuck in reverse. I couldn't shut that motor down because it also happened to be the motor that runs my power steering pump. After they calmed down, they decided to help and we got the boat on the trailer and out of their way without further incident.
I agree. Last time out the water was low and the trailer was actually on rocks not sitting level, so I had a heck of a time trying to get the boat to sit on the trailer correctly. Many other peeps were having the same prob. Sometimes it's easier to help someone out than get all pissed off that they are not in and out as fast as you would like.
Just wanted to clarify that i'm not talking about those people who may have trouble at the ramp whether it be mechanical, or inexperience. I am talking about those inconsiderate individuals who do not think about how their actions effect others, or worse yet, just don't give a damn.

SummitKarl
07-31-2007, 11:58 AM
However, I have seen @ss clowns launch by themselves, leave their truck and trailer on the ramp while they tie off their boat.
so your saying Single people have no right to go boating:rolleyes:
most of the time I beat the boat in the lane next to me. with that exact same method

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 12:00 PM
I am always willing to help a fellow boater on the ramp.. I have backed a few trailors down for peeps having a problem, I have pulled their boats out with a strap numerous times.. I could have a full time job at site 6. :idea:

R.A.D.man
07-31-2007, 12:19 PM
most of the time I beat the boat in the lane next to me. with that exact same method
You miss quoted him, changed a comma to a period and left the rest out.
Slow down turbo.:D

HM
07-31-2007, 12:27 PM
I am the same as you. being aware of launch conditions is a must so that you don't lose your vehicle. Both the lakes I frequent have major algea problems and even a couple boat MFG's have lost some nice rigs into the water.
But, you did mis quote him....he also talked about how these "single" people then load their boat at the dock, put up the bimini and etc. while their vehicle is blocking the ramp. Don't feel bad...I was about ready to go all angry midget style kungfu on him and re-read his post. :D

HM
07-31-2007, 12:28 PM
I am always willing to help a fellow boater on the ramp.. I have backed a few trailors down for peeps having a problem, I have pulled their boats out with a strap numerous times.. I could have a full time job at site 6. :idea:
Me too. Not only have I towed their vehicle out with mine...but I actually had to drop my trailer to do it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 12:28 PM
I am the same as you. being aware of launch conditions is a must so that you don't lose your vehicle. Both the lakes I frequent have major algea problems and even a couple boat MFG's have lost some nice rigs into the water.
But, you did mis quote him....he also talked about how these "single" people then load their boat at the dock, put up the bimini and etc. while their vehicle is blocking the ramp. Don't feel bad...I was about ready to go all angry midget style kungfu on him and re-read his post. :D
Yeah Karl.. Geez.. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/thumbs/374017919_ef10dbf34b.jpg
:D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Me too. Not only have I towed their vehicle out with mine...but I actually had to drop my trailer to do it.
see I don't drop my Trailer. I just hook up to ours then to theirs and out they come.. :D

Hardly Satisfied
07-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Craig , were have you been

Liberator TJ1984
07-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Ramps ??
we don't need no stinkin' ramps ;) :D

meaniam
07-31-2007, 01:12 PM
However, I have seen @ss clowns launch by themselves, leave their truck and trailer on the ramp while they tie off their boat, put up the bimini, load their coolers, etc...then come back and move their truck and trailer :idea:
It's been going on for years and will continue to happen. There are things you can control and things you have no control over. Don't sweat the things you have no control over :D
i hope and am sure your only calling them ass clowns cuase they were to stupid to figure what a prep area was. (which i am lead to belive by reading your whole statement.) in that case they are idiot's as well as ass clowns.
as far as guys luanching by themselfs or with no help i dont mind giving them a hand or waiting an extra 5-10 mins.
I can't tell you how funny it was to see their 8 year old come unglued like he was going to kick my ass.
he was gonna open a can of whoop ass. lol:D
summitkarl read his whole statement. think about it. before calling him out.
that is uncool. or maybe you did and you to load your boat up on the ramp
and where are the pictures of some of these things.

little rowe boat
07-31-2007, 01:13 PM
I do not like that ramp, it is to steep and can be treacherous.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 01:15 PM
[/B]
I do not like that ramp, it is to steep and can be treacherous.
We launched there ONE time and I didn't even pick the hubby up there. I told him to drop me off there, I would drive to the marina and pick him up there.. I hate that ramp..
at the time we had a 28' DCB and the whole thing started to slide with me in the truck. Scared the shiat outta me.