PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Howard 22 Offshore open or closed bow

bigq
07-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Along the same lines as the eagle thread what is the fastest Howard 22 that anyone knows of. I know they make an open bow and a closed bow, are they the same bottom with a different top deck? The entry of the hull looks like it cuts through the waves like a knife through butter.

little rowe boat
07-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I have an open bow and yes it is a great rough water boat. Same bottom closed and open bow. As for the fastest??? Great question, definately NOT mine.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-30-2007, 08:22 PM
I got one with around 650hp. Was talking to Gene about the Chine walking issue i was having around 80ish and he said the hull wasnt meant to run tripple digit speeds. So i put some big Dana Tabs on it and drive it to its limits!!!! Can be fun at times. I believe his kid had one with around the same hp and said the same thing. And in my opinion this hull is the best riding rough water boat in its class by far!!

bigq
07-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I was reading that in 97 they made some changes to the bottom and it gain around 4 mph. I guess the bullett series started as a 22 which obviously looks nothing like it now, although the entry looks kinda the same.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah in 97 i believe they notched the transom. Wiched helped with the Chine walking also. From what Gene says the Bullet started from the 22.

TCHB
08-01-2007, 04:47 AM
I had 2000 model open bow and it did ride very nice for this size boat. It looks and feels more like a 24 ft boat. If you park it next to a 24 Hallet it looks the same size all the way around. I had a stock 454 Magnum in mine and also had plates on the back.