PDA

View Full Version : Sleek powerboats

speeddmn
07-30-2007, 12:01 PM
What does everyone think of Sleek powerboats. Thinking of buying a 30ft Heritage and I like the layout of the Sleek boats.

djunkie
07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Haven't really heard anything bad about them. Theres few people here with them and they seem to like them. Cole Trickle has a 28' and the thing is huge. The open bow mid cabin setup is sweet too.

Glamasu
07-30-2007, 01:41 PM
The boat is BAD A$$ I demoed one and loved everything about it.....not really sure why I didn't buy one :confused: :confused: I bought the sceptor instead...But I will say that watch your dealings with power marine....I have had a few issues and I know other people on the board here have as well
Good luck

speeddmn
07-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm also curious if anyone has a 30ft heritage on here and what motor they have so I can hear about how the boat performs. I am thinking about the 525.

JryLineman
07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I had a 05 30' HERITAGE WITH A 525 .Good family boat . Had alot of usable room and plenty of storage.
Oher side of the token is that is was horrible in performance. Almost felt like driving a tuna boat .Boat porpoised like hell even in the calmest waters and trim down. Boat is too big and heavy for single motor.(very sloppy when it came to turning).

Magic34
07-30-2007, 06:03 PM
It is the largest 30' single motor boat that I know of. Great room in it, especially in the open bow.

Magic34
07-30-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm also curious if anyone has a 30ft heritage on here and what motor they have so I can hear about how the boat performs. I am thinking about the 525.
Where do you do most of your boating?

Beer-30
07-30-2007, 10:37 PM
I would hope you would consider a used one before jumping right into a BRAND NEW one. If you like it, you could always order a new one later with every single thing you want. If you DON'T like it, you can still sell it without taking (much of) a loss.
There is a very pretty Heritage on here for sale right now (look in the SPAM section) for around $35K less than new and only has 140 hours:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34772&d=1184210578
Mine has 230 hours and still looks / runs new.
I have the 496HO and am overall happy. I am not a speed demon, so I don't really care how fast it goes. I have hit 65 on a cold day with less than half tanks and just me and the wife aboard. About 62 is tops with a load of people, ice chests, and fuel. I mainly cruise at 35-45 anyway, so I don't really care about top speed.
It leaps out well with my spare 22-pitch 4-blade. I usually run the 24-pitch for all around cruise performance.
The 525 would be great in the boat, don't get me wrong. It all depends what you want from a boat. If you want a light, nimble boat this is not for you. If you like to load something to the gills, go crush rough water, and cruise without spilling your drink - it is the boat for you.
It's a cruiser, not a fighter.
Could use larger tanks. Twin 34 gals are sometimes a pain. Would like twin 50s. Both fillers are on one side, though :D
Here's mine, running at just shy of 60 mph:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/243386SM.JPG
Here it is sitting patiently outside of the Naked Turtle: (That's a 25-footer sitting next to it)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2433070sm.JPG

JryLineman
07-31-2007, 03:34 AM
I would definetly go no smaller then a 525. Mine had a lab prop 26 pitch and would hit 68 mph gps even though the speedometer said 73.

speeddmn
07-31-2007, 08:07 AM
I go to Parker alot and sometimes Havasu so I want something that will run at least 60mph and handle rough water well. I also like all the room in the boat.

speeddmn
07-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Beer-30 is there a 30ft Heritage on here for sale. All I saw in the classified was a 28ft Enforcer.

Beer-30
07-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Beer-30 is there a 30ft Heritage on here for sale. All I saw in the classified was a 28ft Enforcer.
Do a search here for Heritage. It will show up in the spam section. It is a 2003, the purple/orange/white one that I posted a pic of. We're not allowed to post the link for the spam ad on other threads, as that would be the easiest. Just search Heritage.
There is also a 30' Kachina on here for sale with an HO. It is closed-bow, though. Another good cruiser. Single-stepped hull.

Beer-30
07-31-2007, 09:26 AM
I go to Parker alot and sometimes Havasu so I want something that will run at least 60mph and handle rough water well. I also like all the room in the boat.
The previous owner took mine to Parker all the time. I personally have never been on the water in Parker. Always Havasu or Mohave.
Speaking of Mohave, the first time I took it there I had 8 adults, three ice chests, full fuel and was at 60 in three to four foot rollers in the basin. The bow was not a good ride, but two of the adults were sitting on the sun deck/engine hatch enjoying the ride. They never spilled a drop.

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Here is a picture of our 2005 28' Sleek Enforcer
The boat has a 496HO and with a labbed 24 runs 60-65 GPS depending on heat. Load dosen't really seem to affect the boat and it's never been run ultra light.
Magic/Sleek has always treated us well and I like the size/ride of the boat alot. We have a place on Parker so thats where the boat sees 80% of it's action. I have never encountered water on the strip that would affect or slow the boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/100_0497.jpg

Havasu_Dreamin
07-31-2007, 10:43 AM
But I will say that watch your dealings with power marine....I have had a few issues and I know other people on the board here have as well
Good luck
When dealing with Power Marine, deal with Brett Durante. Brett is a standup guy and as easy going as anyone else I know.....

speeddmn
07-31-2007, 02:56 PM
The used heritage that is on here, they are asking $75k for it. A new one with a 496HO is only $91k. That doesn't seem like that great of a deal. They are selling the 28ft Enforcer for $80k brand new also.

Glamasu
07-31-2007, 03:27 PM
The used heritage that is on here, they are asking $75k for it. A new one with a 496HO is only $91k. That doesn't seem like that great of a deal. They are selling the 28ft Enforcer for $80k brand new also.
Well when you walk out the door its gonna be closer to 95K.....I would buy the used one....( I Personaly don't know beer 30) But it makes sense 15-20K dollars is a alot of gas and beer:D

Lavey29
07-31-2007, 03:37 PM
SpeedDmn,,,check your PM's...I got a great deal on a 29 Lavey if you are interested at all. One of the fastest single engine Big V's up there. 60mph at 3800rpm cruise all day, 80mph at 4800rpm or 100 top end. Best of everything in this boat...PM me if you want to know more...thanks

Beer-30
07-31-2007, 10:59 PM
At the last LA show, they were around $109K OTD.

rodnjen
08-01-2007, 07:13 AM
I get what everyone is saying about used vs. new, but it is damn hard to find something that is a clean and well-taken care of as you would like it to be. We looked for months for a used boa and in our size class were only saving
$5-10K. We decided to go new and are very happy we did.
Everyone has their price point and their own set of criteria for a boat purchase. My only advice is take your time. If you are not finding what you want used, then wait, save and buy new. Builders will only get more hungry and more willing to deal. I don't know whether our next boat will be new or used but a 10-20% price difference will not likely be the deciding factor.

Beer-30
08-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Good point. I was "semi-serious" for 1 full year and then real serious for the following year. Two years of looking turned up 3 red boats that had the drivetrain and hull design that I wanted. I picked the cleanest of them.

Havasu Luvr
08-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Hmmm? FYI.....This is not a very good advertisement for the owner. If he/she parks his ride in the gravel then I would not look twice at this ride......makes me wonder what else has happen to cut corners. just my .02

Beer-30
08-02-2007, 05:41 AM
As long as one has the keel re-gelled every few years, it is not a problem. Just had mine done. Some people beach, some people anchor offshore. I do both. Beaching is better for offloading people and supplies at daycamp. Anchoring for long-term floating.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-02-2007, 06:44 AM
As long as one has the keel re-gelled every few years, it is not a problem.
Exactly.....

Magic34
08-02-2007, 07:50 AM
The boat has a 496HO and with a labbed 24 runs 60-65 GPS depending on heat. Load dosen't really seem to affect the boat and it's never been run ultra light.
Magic/Sleek has always treated us well and I like the size/ride of the boat alot. We have a place on Parker so thats where the boat sees 80% of it's action. I have never encountered water on the strip that would affect or slow the boat.
I just realized that that is my little girl and her boat. It's a Magic as well.. At least the sticker says so. :)

Cole Trickle
08-02-2007, 08:02 AM
I just realized that that is my little girl and her boat. It's a Magic as well.. At least the sticker says so. :)
Does the new owner know you were parked 10' from me in the same gravel?:D;)
I remember that day vividly.....you got yelled at twice for watching your kid...lol

Magic34
08-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Does the new owner know you were parked 10' from me in the same gravel?:D;)
I remember that day vividly.....you got yelled at twice for watching your kid...lol
There was sand 9' over.:)
Oh.. and no sh*t huh... lmao

OLD MAN ON THE LAKE
08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Why live in a state of deprivation ? Just buy my Howard Bullet and go fast comfortably.

Fast Freddy
08-02-2007, 06:28 PM
What does everyone think of Sleek powerboats. Thinking of buying a 30ft Heritage and I like the layout of the Sleek boats.
my neighbor used to have a very nice newer type sleek boat (28' with single engine and mid cabin, open bow, etc). it looked awesome but was slow as hell. the boat was just to heavy. it takes big power to make one of these go fast and then you are plagued with reliability issues. so if performance is what you seek buy a nordic or better yet a howard. but if you want a boat that can take on rough water and be comfortable in then the sleek is a good boat.

Beer-30
08-02-2007, 07:42 PM
my neighbor used to have a very nice newer type sleek boat (28' with single engine and mid cabin, open bow, etc). it looked awesome but was slow as hell. the boat was just to heavy. it takes big power to make one of these go fast and then you are plagued with reliability issues. so if performance is what you seek buy a nordic or better yet a howard. but if you want a boat that can take on rough water and be comfortable in then the sleek is a good boat.
That's what I tried to explain in my earlier post. The 30' Heritage has been to 95 mph. It took 1000hp 10-71 motor to do it. From 90 on up it was borderline undriveable. Coaxing 95 out of it was bordering on insanity. And this info coming from Mr. Keith Sayre - who was in the boat.

Fast Freddy
08-02-2007, 08:28 PM
That's what I tried to explain in my earlier post. The 30' Heritage has been to 95 mph. It took 1000hp 10-71 motor to do it. From 90 on up it was borderline undriveable. Coaxing 95 out of it was bordering on insanity. And this info coming from Mr. Keith Sayre - who was in the boat.
if you have two boats of the same top speed but different weights; then the boat with less weight will accelerate faster on its way to its top speed but the heavier boat will handle the rough water better. a big + that lighter weight boats have is that you can hammer em harder out of the hole before you break the drives. the key to drive life is to go easy on the throttle when coming out of the hole and getting on plane and in some cases even up to speeds of 40 mph.

Bella
08-17-2007, 07:42 AM
When dealing with Power Marine, deal with Brett Durante. Brett is a standup guy and as easy going as anyone else I know.....
Just came across this. Thanks Scott! Please let me know how I can help. I wish I would have seen this lst week. we just got done with a great weekend of Demo Dayz!
Of course, you are always welcome to just let me know when you can make a demo and we will get you on the water.
Thanks for the inquiry.
Brett

Keith E. Sayre
08-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I just might know where there is a great deal on a 30' Heritage about 3 years old for a great price! In great condition too! With just the right HP in it!
Call me or email me or pm me if you're interested in seeing photos and a written description etc. Thanks.
Keith Sayre
Magic Boats
928-680-7600