PDA

View Full Version : Gadsden, AL dragboat race and no one posted?

TAF
07-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Did anyone go? How was the weather:idea: Anyone see my sis? I haven't heard from her since she arrived there:( It's still early and I'm not worried yet. :D

photo chick
07-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Did anyone go? How was the weather:idea: Anyone see my sis? I haven't heard from her since she arrived there:( It's still early and I'm not worried yet. :D
Yeah I saw her :) ......weather was HUMID! but we lucked out on the rain... I'll post pics soon...:D

adjones419
07-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Wish I would have gone. I did the asphalt version Friday night and made some headway on the blown alcohol motor on Saturday, so at least it wasn't a total waste of a weekend.

TAF
07-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah I saw her :) ......weather was HUMID! but we lucked out on the rain... I'll post pics soon...:D
In the mirror :sqeyes: the morning after?:idea: :eek: :)
Did ya run into anyone new or peeps I told ya to look out for?:D
Did ya eat at that BBQ place I told ya about? How'd Teresa do?:)

photo chick
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
In the mirror :sqeyes: the morning after?:idea: :eek: :)
Did ya run into anyone new or peeps I told ya to look out for?:D
Did ya eat at that BBQ place I told ya about? How'd Teresa do?:)
Teresa did 107.54 MPH!!!! New world record for women!
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35975&stc=1&d=1185836504

TAF
07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
:D :sqeyes: Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
What kinda boat pulled her? Who drove it? Dang! that might be faster than I've ever driven / ridden in a boat:sqeyes:
Glad to hear no crashes and everyone is safe.:D

photo chick
07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
:D :sqeyes: Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
What kinda boat pulled her? Who drove it? Dang! that might be faster than I've ever driven / ridden in a boat:sqeyes:
Glad to hear no crashes and everyone is safe.:D
PGF I believe..... You know who pulled her....the Guru!!

77charger
07-30-2007, 04:28 PM
PGF I believe..... You know who pulled her....the Guru!!
I believe it was milten tolens boat.

adjones419
07-30-2007, 04:59 PM
That's a nice Canyon.

77charger
07-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I saw it at phx last fall and it is a nice boat for sure.They came out with 3 boats in one rig.There all a nice group of people.

RICHARD TILL
07-30-2007, 08:07 PM
i went 2 the gadsden race and had a great time. i ran in the m/e class. there were 18 boats in the class. qualified poorly at the no. 14 spot. got 2 chances to qualify and the first was a 9.977. moved the timing back a little and the next was a 10.220. needless to say, i put the timing back where it was. in my first round i cut a .058 light and ran a 10.001. got buy that round and the competition for round two was a good running clamp-on. i turned the red light on with a .010 so the remainder of the day i was a spectator. the weather was great except for a rain shower about 7:30 p.m. sat nite which did`nt affect the race at all. the dragonator fuel boat won the race because the other fuel boat red lighted with a 244 mph, 4,80something time. now i`m looking forward to next years race in gadsden. my next race will be in evansville il. in about two weeks. gotta work on that reaction time.

iTalk
07-31-2007, 04:46 AM
Yea we went, it was a great race, lucked up and dodged the rain. The Hot Licks Bullet tried out some new props on Saturday and made a u turn on the start around the timing clock. The folks over at DragBoatRacing.com (http://dragboatracing.com/default_f_93_p_1_m_55098_tabid_27_dnbbc_default.ht ml)did a great job as all races and posted live round by round results too!
Check out Mark McLaughlin's photos at http://photomark.dragboatracing.com

TAF
07-31-2007, 05:35 AM
Yea we went, it was a great race, lucked up and dodged the rain. The Hot Licks Bullet tried out some new props on Saturday and made a u turn on the start around the timing clock. The folks over at DragBoatRacing.com (http://dragboatracing.com/default_f_93_p_1_m_55098_tabid_27_dnbbc_default.ht ml)did a great job as all races and posted live round by round results too!
Check out Mark McLaughlin's photos at http://photomark.dragboatracing.com
I don't think Mark has his Gadsden pics up yet:sqeyes: May take him a day or so to recover from the trip. Now to go find some more of my sis' pics?:idea: :sqeyes:

adjones419
07-31-2007, 08:09 AM
i went 2 the gadsden race and had a great time. i ran in the m/e class. there were 18 boats in the class. qualified poorly at the no. 14 spot. got 2 chances to qualify and the first was a 9.977. moved the timing back a little and the next was a 10.220. needless to say, i put the timing back where it was. in my first round i cut a .058 light and ran a 10.001. got buy that round and the competition for round two was a good running clamp-on. i turned the red light on with a .010 so the remainder of the day i was a spectator. the weather was great except for a rain shower about 7:30 p.m. sat nite which did`nt affect the race at all. the dragonator fuel boat won the race because the other fuel boat red lighted with a 244 mph, 4,80something time. now i`m looking forward to next years race in gadsden. my next race will be in evansville il. in about two weeks. gotta work on that reaction time.
Hey Richard, don't worry about working that reaction time for Evansville! Actually there's a good possibility I'll be running T/E, so you might have a chance. :D See you in Evansville!

photo chick
07-31-2007, 01:23 PM
You are absolutely correct Robert!

iTalk
07-31-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't think Mark has his Gadsden pics up yet:sqeyes: May take him a day or so to recover from the trip. Now to go find some more of my sis' pics?:idea: :sqeyes:
He had some of them up on Saturday and Sunday did you look?
http://photomark.dragboatracing.com/album/360887#imageID=22478949
http://dragboatracing.com/assets/images/mark/LQ-HL_U-Turn.jpg

TAF
07-31-2007, 04:21 PM
I mistook Gadsden for Augusta pics. I stand corrected.
So sorry.

RICHARD TILL
07-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Adam, i found my picture on the 89-96 page. you need to look at it to real well. it does`nt show the back end of the boat but do`nt worry about that. you`ll get a good at it if you dont run off to another class and are unlucky enough to be paired up with me. ;) :D see you there bro.

photo chick
08-01-2007, 05:49 AM
Hey TAF I finally posted a few pics in the Kodak thread... :D

bp
08-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Adam, i found my picture on the 89-96 page. you need to look at it to real well. it does`nt show the back end of the boat but do`nt worry about that. you`ll get a good at it if you dont run off to another class and are unlucky enough to be paired up with me. ;) :D see you there bro.
which one are you? the injected hydro???

adjones419
08-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Richard's boat is a red Texas Tunnel.

bp
08-01-2007, 08:22 PM
thanks.

DetroitJim
08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I ran pretty well in Gadsden, 8.05 for the #4 spot. Steve Wagner broke Saturday and went home, which gave me a single for first round. The outboard guy broke too, which left 10 boats in
PE. The clocks were goofing up all day Saturday. We were told they were fixed for Sunday. I ran Ed Anderson in 2nd round, his clock stopped at 8 then restarted. I saw the clocks hang up which threw me off and I redlighted. They gave the win to Ed which I guess is fair enough, it just ticked me off because if I had run a clean pass they would have made me rerun it. So, due to the clock screwup, I could not have advanced to the next round that race no matter what. Oh well, that's racing!
On another note, the running order was never posted and the announcer was not exactly shouting out the ramp calls. We could not hear anything if a boat was running. Roger Silva came all the way from Arizona and missed his ramp call for a DQ.
All in all I think I'll stick with SLDBA.
DJ

adjones419
08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
All in all I think I'll stick with SLDBA.
Jim, I'll agree with you on that one.

Mrs.Racer277
08-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey TAF I finally posted a few pics in the Kodak thread... :D
Where????

adjones419
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Where????
Kodak moment thread up in the Sandbar.

photo chick
08-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Jim, I'll agree with you on that one.
I have to add that was the slowest most boring IHBA race I've been to......at one point they even had the jetski follies going.....what was that all about?

Mrs.Racer277
08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Kodak moment thread up in the Sandbar.
Thank you :)

stoker2001
08-02-2007, 06:05 PM
and the announcer was not exactly shouting out the ramp calls. We could not hear anything if a boat was running. Roger Silva came all the way from Arizona and missed his ramp call for a DQ.
DJ
I heard this from another racer,friggen amazing:eek: Roger actually lives in Arizona,but drove/towed from Dexter/Lowell Oregon.We (IHBA DIV1) were cosanctioned With CBDA on July 15th.That little white mustang (tow vehicle) gets around:sqeyes:

adjones419
08-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Thank you :)
Anytime!

adjones419
08-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I have to add that was the slowest most boring IHBA race I've been to......at one point they even had the jetski follies going.....what was that all about?
The only IHBA race I've been to is the World Finals, and it was especially bad last year. The more I travel around to race with different organizations, the happier I am to get back home and race with SLDBA.

RICHARD TILL
08-03-2007, 05:08 PM
bp, yes the little red texas tunnel named underdog is the boat i`m having lots of fun with. i was just polking a little fun at Adam. i`ve really never really seen him except out on the starting line holding rope and i could`nt tell much about him since our faces were covered by the helmets. i plan to remedy that in evansville. DetroitJim, those lights were`nt fixed on Sunday. in the m/e class they reran two pairs. one was just before me and the other just after. two of my friends were paired against one another, i was sitting in the inside lane beside him and saw the light hang there for just a few, then continue the countdown. when they were reran, one of the guys r.t. showed a .994 He said that theres no way that could be. both instances happened in the inside lane. You might talk to Shane Stafford about it if you go to Evansville. He was the victim.

BIGCHRIS
08-03-2007, 06:44 PM
bp, yes the little red texas tunnel named underdog is the boat i`m having lots of fun with. i was just polking a little fun at Adam. i`ve really never really seen him except out on the starting line holding rope and i could`nt tell much about him since our faces were covered by the helmets. i plan to remedy that in evansville. DetroitJim, those lights were`nt fixed on Sunday. in the m/e class they reran two pairs. one was just before me and the other just after. two of my friends were paired against one another, i was sitting in the inside lane beside him and saw the light hang there for just a few, then continue the countdown. when they were reran, one of the guys r.t. showed a .994 He said that theres no way that could be. both instances happened in the inside lane. You might talk to Shane Stafford about it if you go to Evansville. He was the victim.
Richard i seen some video my friend took at Gasden and i have too say the underdog looked very good ,leaves hard :)

photo chick
08-04-2007, 05:15 AM
Here's a couple more....
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36402&stc=1&d=1186233224
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36403&stc=1&d=1186233273
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36404&stc=1&d=1186233316

RICHARD TILL
08-04-2007, 12:46 PM
BIGCHRIS, thanks 4 the compliment. the ole boat will run close to the numbers every time. its just lacking a driver with more experience at reaction time but i`m "slowly" getting there.

Placecraft Dragstar
08-07-2007, 06:17 PM
8.00 class and of course its is a jet boat that won that class. PE 102 they spanked them hydro's:D

adjones419
08-13-2007, 06:34 AM
i was just polking a little fun at Adam. i`ve really never really seen him except out on the starting line holding rope and i could`nt tell much about him since our faces were covered by the helmets. i plan to remedy that in evansville.
Richard, I had a blast this weekend. It was great to hang out with all of you guys...it had been way too long since Creve Coeur. Can't wait to do it again in less than 2 weeks in Litchfield. I'm going to have to get my nerve up to ask Ashley out to dinner or something so she'll stop whooping up on all of us. :D