PDA

View Full Version : Vicks buddy flipped

thatguy
07-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, it is happening. Here is the latest.
Reminds me of the one coherent statement I ever heard Ozzy Ozbourne say.
"You will meet a lot of people on the way up. Do not f*ck them, because you will meet them on the way down also."
Tommy
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7074186?MSNHPHMA :(

Ziggy
07-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Turrrrrrrrrrrrrn out the Lights, the party's overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RitcheyRch
07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Stick a fork in him, he is DONE

CBadDad
07-30-2007, 04:09 PM
NAACP is already asking for lenency for Vick. :rolleyes:

Baja Big Dog
07-30-2007, 04:10 PM
The guy dropped a nickle on his bro...hes covering his ass, too bad he is to stupid to realize the government doesnt make deals...:D

CBadDad
07-30-2007, 04:12 PM
NAACP is already asking for lenency for Vick. :rolleyes:
Where's Sharpton & Jackson?

thatguy
07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
The guy dropped a nickle on his bro...hes covering his ass, too bad he is to stupid to realize the government doesnt make deals...:D
If you read it closely, it does prevent further charges on him. Tells me more charges may be coming and he knows it.
Tommy

vmjtc3
07-30-2007, 04:39 PM
To bad federal sentencing guidelines don't allow for death by dog mauling. Maybe they should allow body slamming? At least they still have the chair. Seems fitting in this case. :(

Ziggy
07-30-2007, 04:46 PM
To bad federal sentencing guidelines don't allow for death by dog mauling. Maybe they should allow body slamming? At least they still have the chair. Seems fitting in this case. :(
Send him down the Green Mile? ;)

JAY4SPEED
07-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I would certainly hope that the government has more evidence than the bought and paid for testimony of an admittedly guilty co-conspirator.
Something tells me that they are going after the money trail to tie Vick to the crime. I'd be willing to bet not all his dealings with "Bad Newz Kennels" and dog fighting in general were all in cash. I wouldn't be surprised if they use his transactions in his bank account against him. That would carry more weight than "Cooperative Witness's" testimony.
Jay

thatguy
07-30-2007, 04:56 PM
I would certainly hope that the government has more evidence than the bought and paid for testimony of an admittedly guilty co-conspirator.
Good point. I believe they do. I also believe this is just the opening of the flood gates and much more evidence, and charges will follow. Thug behavior knows no bounds. It's a race for other potential defendants now to cut deals. He is totally screwed and rightly so. IMHO
Tommy

thatguy
07-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Do they really need a cooperative witness to tell them where they got the $500,000 spent on this operation? The house and sheds alone were $362,000, not including the property.
Shockwave, you seem to contradict yourself. I read your post in the pedophile thread. Am I misreading you?
Tommy

Nord
07-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Shockwave, you seem to contradict yourself. I read your post in the pedophile thread. Am I misreading you?
Tommy
:idea:

thatguy
07-30-2007, 05:12 PM
:idea:
What I mean is I can't tell what your position is. Are you saying the evidence is not there? Tommy

thatguy
07-30-2007, 05:14 PM
This is the one that seems contradictory. Not calling you on it, just seem to offset each other. Tommy

Ziggy
07-30-2007, 05:19 PM
OJ didn't do it either:rolleyes: :D :D :D

Ziggy
07-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Again, I'm not sure where you're going with this. I hope that the government has not built it's case on most likely perjured third party testimony from a co-conspirator. I'm not sure how much more clear I can make it. I hope they have MORE evidence than that. I hope they didn't bring this indictment in hopes that they could get one of his cronies to roll and that would make their case. It seems strange that they would make a deal with anybody if they had a strong case.
They made the indictment before co-defendant flipped....this will only bolster their case against MV.

Fast Freddy
07-30-2007, 05:23 PM
One post has absolutely nothing to do with the other. I'm just wondering why anyone thinks it will be hard to figure out where they got $500,000 to finance this operation. Let's see, you've got defendants 1, 2 and 3 that don't have a job or any visible means of support. And you've got defendant Vick that makes $10 million a year. Pretty hard to figure out who put up the money.
stick a fork in him cuz he is dead.......

thatguy
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Again, I'm not sure where you're going with this. I hope that the government has not built it's case on most likely perjured third party testimony from a co-conspirator. I'm not sure how much more clear I can make it. I hope they have MORE evidence than that. I hope they didn't bring this indictment in hopes that they could get one of his cronies to roll and that would make their case. It seems strange that they would make a deal with anybody if they had a strong case.
Gotcha, I can be a little slow sometimes! Sounded like you thought they had no evidence earlier. Thanks for getting through the gauntlet that is my skull!:D
Tommy

Ziggy
07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
I hope they have good evidence and this doesn't turn into an OJ thing.
LOL, unless there was a glove involved that doesn't fit him my guess is they'll do it correctly....:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 06:21 PM
well I guess we need to prepare for another riot.. Jessi Jackson can't wait to make a bigger a$$ out of himself:rolleyes:
there goes the neighborhood..

HokeySon
07-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Again, I'm not sure where you're going with this. I hope that the government has not built it's case on most likely perjured third party testimony from a co-conspirator.
There was grand jury testimony from "cooperative witnesses" before the indictment. He's hosed.

JAY4SPEED
07-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Do they really need a cooperative witness to tell them where they got the $500,000 spent on this operation? The house and sheds alone were $362,000, not including the property.
I wasn't stating the amount is what tied him into it, but more to the point, the paper trail that shows the money flowing into and out of his bank accounts that ties him to the crime. That way, their entire case is not hinged on "Cooperative Witness's" testimony. They can physically tie him to the operation with evidence.
I once sat as a juror on a federal money laundering and racketeering trial. What it was, was basically a multi million dollar pyramid scheme the defendant disguised as an investment program. The feds paraded witness after witness before us associating the defendant to the money. The defense would then discredit every witness and made their motives for testifying against the defendant questionable (such as your cooperative witnesses in Vick's case). But, it hit home when the feds had put up this huge graphic showing the money flow into and out of the defendants bank accounts. They showed exactly the amounts in question, dates, where the money came from, and who it went out to, tying the defendant to each count of his indictment. I think they will do the same with Vick showing how he is tied to the operation other than witness's testimony. That would be evidence that couldn't be discredited. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if they weren't watching him since 2001 and waiting for the paper trail to develop.
I just don't see how he is going to get out of this one.
Jay

SmokinLowriderSS
07-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Where's Sharpton & Jackson?
Wondering this myself. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
07-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Something tells me that they are going after the money trail to tie Vick to the crime. I'd be willing to bet not all his dealings with "Bad Newz Kennels" and dog fighting in general were all in cash. I wouldn't be surprised if they use his transactions in his bank account against him. That would carry more weight than "Cooperative Witness's" testimony.
Jay
Fastest way INTO an FBI career these days?
Accounting degree and experience. :idea:
Criminal Justice degree ain't worth a damn.
The money trail sinks just about everybody.

JAY4SPEED
07-30-2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36016&stc=1&d=1185850739
;)

JAY4SPEED
07-30-2007, 07:02 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36018&stc=1&d=1185850882
:D

Baja Big Dog
07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
I predict...he walks!
\
A paper trail is worthless without the stating and final destinations, without a doubt tying the dumb shit to the crime.
You really want to give him more credit than to allow a paper trail.
A good lawyer (which Im sure Vick will have) will burn the the testimony of the nickel dropers...:D

Boa1277
07-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I predict...he walks!
\
A paper trail is worthless without the stating and final destinations, without a doubt tying the dumb shit to the crime.
You really want to give him more credit than to allow a paper trail.
A good lawyer (which Im sure Vick will have) will burn the the testimony of the nickel dropers...:D
I think your prediction is good!:D If anything they may get him for conspiracy, with a sentence of probabtion, oh yeah they will definitely get a fine out of him. Just a guess.

Boa1277
07-30-2007, 07:58 PM
I just don't see him walking. He ain't Paris freakin' Hilton.
You may be right, I just think the lawyers are going to tear the witnesses up..I think the fine will pay for the govt. time and effort. Then again he may go down if flames..

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 08:00 PM
:D :D

RitcheyRch
07-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Leave Peyton out of it. :D
He's not a popular sports figure, at least not to the right people if you know what I mean. He's a very polarizing athlete, always has been. Maybe if he could get Peyton Manning and Brett Favre involved in dog fighting. ;)

RitcheyRch
07-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Dont think Peyton would ever put himself in that situation. :D
Go Colts
You know as well as I do, if Peyton Manning was involved in dog fighting, it would be an Olympic event. :D

cxr133
07-30-2007, 08:19 PM
i also say he walks!!!!
its not against the law to own a kennel, he is going to say he invested in the kennel but did not run the day to day activities, and definitely was not involoved in any dog fights or mistreatment of animals one of his co-conspirators is going to take the rap and do 3-5 then MV will take care of him when he gets out.
Unless they have evidence directly connecting him to dogfights

Dan Lorenze
07-31-2007, 03:50 AM
"The game's in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jiggling."
— Chick Hearn

thatguy
07-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Rawlins just canned him, if anybody still cares here is the link. Tommy
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7078268?MSNHPHMA

thatguy
07-31-2007, 04:51 PM
It seems rather ironic that a company whose main source of income is making balls and gloves out of animals would part ways with Vick. :idea:
You are correct sir. I suppose that is a fact they would rather not debate in the news. Better to shag ass fast and get some seperation!
Tommy