PDA

View Full Version : FBI, IRS search home of Senator Ted Stevens

Pussywhippled
07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
We are doing a large job for The Ted Stevens Marine Research Center in Juneau, AK that needs to be delivered and installed the middle of this month.
Senator Stevens is or was to be there on the 20th of this month for the grand opening. I wonder if it will still happen?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070730/ap_on_re_us/stevens_investigation
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Agents from the FBI and Internal Revenue Service on Monday searched the home of U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens, an official said.
Investigators arrived at the Republican senator's home in Girdwood shortly before 2:30 p.m. Alaska time, said Dave Heller, FBI assistant special agent.
Heller said he could not comment on the nature of the investigation.
The Justice Department has been looking into the seven-term senator's relationship with a wealthy contractor as part of a public corruption investigation.
Oh well, put it on my pile...

Baja Big Dog
07-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Im sure they just want to make sure he got his income tax refund check!!:D

Pussywhippled
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Well I'm reading more reports, maybe it won't be so bad (right).
I just hope I get paid...

thatguy
07-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I lived in Anchorage for thirty years. Ted Stevens has ALWAYS been a senator in my lifetime there. It is safe to say there is no business in Alaska he is not a part of. Many will bad mouth him, but being in the oilfield, I can't imagine a better senator for Alaska.
Tommy
I believe the research center will have a good check for you. Stevens attaches his name to everything he can.