PDA

View Full Version : pressure gauge

DEL51
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Anyone know where I can order a low pressure gauge with a tattle tale. I would like to measure peak water pressure on my jet inlet to the enine and exhaust. I am looking at McMaster Car site and grainger with no luck.

Unchained
07-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I've got all the stuff here I used on my jet Chris.
What pressure range do you want to read ?
I've got multiple liquid filled gauges that I got from Northern Hydraulics and a resettable check valve I got from the local supplier.
Give me an address and I'll send you the stuff.

Sleeper CP
07-30-2007, 08:31 PM
I use an Auto Meter blower boost gauge, liquid filled ,to read my pump intake pressure. I use to have the check valve hooked up to it until I realized that at shut down the gauge would surge 5-8 lbs and that would register as the high mark. I moved the gauge to the dash and no longer use the check valve.
Good luck, be careful with your address and name on the web.
Sleeper CP

Unchained
07-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Del51,
I couldn't send you a PM what's up ?
I wanted to go over the stuff I sent you.
Mark

Sleeper CP
07-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Del51,
I couldn't send you a PM what's up ?
I tried to PM him last night, same thing.
Does he need to send a PM to the MOD Squad?
Sleeper CP

DEL51
07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
The PM thingy says I need to edit my profile. I find no edit option. Mark, Can you post your cell # or help me straighten this thing out.

Sleeper CP
07-31-2007, 02:29 PM
On the opening Gear Head page, look down on the bottom right hand corner. Rexone is the moderator send him a note, or just post the question on the Gear Head page. He should be able to direct you.
Sleeper CP

DEL51
07-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks Sleeper.

Unchained
07-31-2007, 03:49 PM
The PM thingy says I need to edit my profile.
Does that mean they think you should loose weight ? How insulting. :D
My cell no is 616 813 7237
Email: mark55@hughes.net

Cs19
07-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Chris, dont you have a data system?:confused: Hook it up to your system and check it that way..
CS

Skip3
07-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Unchained any idea where this resettable valve might be found.Google has not been my friend on this subject..........

shaun
07-31-2007, 08:33 PM
autometer does have water pressure guages, i dont think they have one that will monitor peak pressure though, i run a water pressure guage on my dash.

Unchained
08-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Unchained any idea where this resettable valve might be found.Google has not been my friend on this subject..........
I just used a 1/8" check valve that screws into a brass T fitting and also screwed in an 1/8" ball valve. The ball valve releases the pressure after the check valve holds it. The gauge screws into the other port.
I used it to read bowl pressure mainly.
I was going to fill Del51 in on this but I still can't get a message through. :idea:

DEL51
08-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey, I got some nice gauges in the mail. Hmmm, What good guy could have did that for me??? Thanks Mark. Hey Chris, and others who are curious, I got my boat in the water on july 18th.Hull was painted this winter, Low buck but looks much better than plain white. Engine was gone thru with cometic gaskets and new aluminum darts from Goodwinn, I am having some issues with pressures and want to get back to where I was. I will install the datalogger asap, but this is my first step. I have not changed any drive hardware,just water distribution.I need to balance between engine/header injectors, intercooler,and exhaust collectors. running thru transome for noise purposes. The exhaust collectors were getting way too much water so my friend tapped the outlet "T" on the inner diameter of the fitting to accept basset brass inserts.These are the inserts associated with the injector line to the headers. Lots of dinking around. Also had an oil pressure problem, too low. Broke spring on the pump,2nd spring too weak, hope we get it right tomorrow. I forgot to mention that the inside was re rigged and added 2 cheater plates under the carbs for a 150 shot total. I am on track,however, as you fellas know all too well, take some time. Mark, I hope to use your stuff this weekend and will take care of it. Chris, I will be calling in a couple of weeks when the data system goes in. Thanks to all, DEL