PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal?

Stir-IT-Up
07-31-2007, 07:37 AM
How come every thread I read about these beautiful new Ultra's and how good they look, how nice they are and all that.....How come John "JW" West gets all the credit? What about the guys who really build the boat, like Mike at Ultra performance center. I recently found out that they are 2 completely different companies. So why does JW get all the credit?
Just a thought.

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 07:43 AM
Well....since JW is the owner and has cool side burns he deserves all the credit:D:D

shippingguy
07-31-2007, 07:45 AM
How come every thread I read about these beautiful new Ultra's and how good they look, how nice they are and all that.....How come John "JW" West gets all the credit? What about the guys who really build the boat, like Mike at Ultra performance center. I recently found out that they are 2 completely different companies. So why does JW get all the credit?
Just a thought.
Everybody does a great job down there. Mike does a great job rigging. He did a fantastic job on my current 27. Maury is awesome as well. Another behind the scene guy is Mikey. He busts his butt and gets things done as well. Others to note are Travis and Billy, Casey, etc. I think the reason JW gets the credit all the time here on the boards is because when most people see a boat they see the color scheme and design and that is where JW comes into play. Overall there are ALOT of people that make it happen down there and they are a great team at Ultra.
Mike

shockwavebd
07-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Sounds like someone is looking for a pat on the Back................:rolleyes:

shippingguy
07-31-2007, 09:52 AM
Sounds like someone is looking for a pat on the Back................:rolleyes:
Or a hug:D

shockwavebd
07-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Everybody does a great job down there. Mike does a great job rigging. He did a fantastic job on my current 27. Maury is awesome as well. Another behind the scene guy is Mikey. He busts his butt and gets things done as well. Others to note are Travis and Billy, Casey, etc. I think the reason JW gets the credit all the time here on the boards is because when most people see a boat they see the color scheme and design and that is where JW comes into play. Overall there are ALOT of people that make it happen down there and they are a great team at Ultra.
Mike
Hey don't forget us lowly sales guys with out us NONE of this can happen...:jawdrop:

sigepmock
07-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Well....since JW is the owner and has cool side burns he deserves all the credit:D:D
Don't forget the Black Socks:D :D :D
Seriously we try to give credit to the "Crew" anytime we can. Everyone knows it's a team effort down there and even Travis deserves credit now and then:eek: :D :D
Chris

shippingguy
07-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey don't forget us lowly sales guys with out us NONE of this can happen...:jawdrop:
You are right buddy. I will stop by the shop later this week and give you that hug:D :D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
07-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Just a thought.
John West is the "Centerpiece" at Ultra Custom Boats. He has great people involved in the process.
Holly (for 3 years), Maury, Davey, Mikey, Travis, Casey, the Sales Team, everyone in the glass shop, the guys @ D&S and Martin @ Advanced Audio are first class, customer oriented boat people.
Mike @ Ultra Perfomance is a knowedgable and quality rigger who doesn't know the first thing about dealing with Ultra's customers, thus another reason that John West gets the credit., from at least me. Just my .02

mxbundy
07-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Just a thought.
JW IS ULTRA, no matter how you look at it. Does it really matter who the sub-contractors are?
Just about every custom boat manufacturer uses sub's for something in the build process.
Its no different than Douglas Barnhart or some other GC when they build a new building. Doesnt really matter what sub's worked on the project. Its their reputation that is on the line, so they get the credit also.

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 10:33 AM
You are right buddy. I will stop by the shop later this week and give you that hug:D :D :D
Gay........:( :D :sqeyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
07-31-2007, 10:35 AM
:D :D

shippingguy
07-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Don't be jealous. When you sack up and buy a 26 Deck I will give you a hug too:D and some shoe cleaner to get the Armor All off your shoes from kicking tires for so long:) :D

sigepmock
07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Don't be jealous. When you sack up and buy a 26 Deck I will give you a hug too:D and some shoe cleaner to get the Armor All off your shoes from kicking tires for so long:) :D
Now that's funny right there:D

shippingguy
07-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Now that's funny right there:D
:) :D

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 12:22 PM
lol.....your getting pretty good at this internet comedy thing:D:D
I imagine I am a couple years off from recieving that shoe polish or hug from ya....Or I could trade in the sleek and do a 50 yr loan like Mock:D:idea: :eek:

shippingguy
07-31-2007, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Cole Trickle;2703742]lol.....your getting pretty good at this internet comedy thing:D:D
I try:D

dicudmore
07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
as stated, you are getting pretty good at this internet comedy deal...I will stick to collecting my hugs from your wife though, thank you :D
lol, tire kickers...there has been NO better deal than my old 27'...that was the steal of a CENTURY and none of these tire kickers so much as called on it.

shippingguy
07-31-2007, 02:36 PM
as stated, you are getting pretty good at this internet comedy deal...I will stick to collecting my hugs from your wife though, thank you :D
lol, tire kickers...there has been NO better deal than my old 27'...that was the steal of a CENTURY and none of these tire kickers so much as called on it.
Your boat was definitely a great deal.
BTW I think you get more hugs than I do from her:D Gonna run up to Moabi the 10th?

djunkie
07-31-2007, 02:39 PM
lol.....your getting pretty good at this internet comedy thing:D:D
I imagine I am a couple years off from recieving that shoe polish or hug from ya....Or I could trade in the sleek and do a 50 yr loan like Mock:D:idea: :eek:
Shit. Your dad is gonna pay for it anyways like the Sleek. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
07-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Dan,
There is no doubt that your 27 was the best deal I've seen period. Not to mention it was amazing looking boat. Had I not just purchased my 26, I would have been fighting to buy yours. (and quickly whippled it):D
John M

dicudmore
07-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Your boat was definitely a great deal.
BTW I think you get more hugs than I do from her:D Gonna run up to Moabi the 10th?
that is a definite maybe :D

dicudmore
07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Dan,
There is no doubt that your 27 was the best deal I've seen period. Not to mention it was amazing looking boat. Had I not just purchased my 26, I would have been fighting to buy yours. (and quickly whippled it):D
John M
that was my plan, and in hindsight that is what I should have done...was a great boat :D

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Shit. Your dad is gonna pay for it anyways like the Sleek. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D
Just because pops owns the company that makes the payment dosen't mean I shouldn't get credit since I actually show up to work......:D:D
Sales contract/loan says it's mine;)

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 03:43 PM
That was a great deal......
I don't know if brokerichard sold his conquest but I thought that was a steal as well.

dicudmore
07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
That was a great deal......
I don't know if brokerichard sold his conquest but I thought that was a steal as well.
agreed--that boss cat is NICE :D

ULTRA26 # 1
07-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Just a thought.
I wonder who Stir-IT-Up is.

voodoomedman
07-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Everyone at Ultra has done right by me.
JW
John D
Bob Brown when he was there
Steve was a good guy as well
Guy in rigging
Mike Harlan
Martin @ Advanced Audio
Martin (Marteen) when he was there
Mikey
Holly and Mike (Although I don't get any hugs just a wave as they leave Park Moabi because I showed up) :D :D
Leah and her dad ( I forget her dad's name)
And I'm probably forgetting countless others.
With that said I don't think it would be what it is without JW

shippingguy
07-31-2007, 08:06 PM
JW
John D
Guy in rigging
Mike Harlan
Martin @ Advanced Audio
Mikey
Holly and Mike (Although I don't get any hugs just a wave as they leave Park Moabi because I showed up) :D :D
Agree with you there. Sorry we did not get to hang much longer when you got there, but I was entertaining some family and they had enough sun for the day. See you next time.
BTW Leah's dad's name is Cook.
Mike

voodoomedman
07-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Agree with you there. Sorry we did not get to hang much longer when you got there, but I was entertaining some family and they had enough sun for the day. See you next time.
BTW Leah's dad's name is Cook.
Mike
Cook that's it.
Don't worry I was just giving you a hard time. I figured as much. I'm not normally out that late but my wife and her mom took the kids back to the house and my brother's friends got in town and the launch ramps were crowded so I told them to come on our boat and I took them for a ride up there and let them hang and drink and then I went back home so I could be with my wife and kids.

dicudmore
07-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Cook that's it.
Don't worry I was just giving you a hard time. I figured as much. I'm not normally out that late but my wife and her mom took the kids back to the house and my brother's friends got in town and the launch ramps were crowded so I told them to come on our boat and I took them for a ride up there and let them hang and drink and then I went back home so I could be with my wife and kids.
ah, thats why your crew didn't look like your normal crew...
mine told me it was time to eat, so we bailed...
good to see ya up there :D

rvrtoy
07-31-2007, 08:49 PM
I have to say that everyone at Ultra is what I like to call "Good People". They all have their moments, as I did while I worked there, but all in all they are good people. They all take pride in what they do and do what they can to help out their customers and potential customers. JW gets the credit because he deserves it. It is he who started that location as a small bare hull dealership and took the risk. Through his ideas, marketing plans, his unique hull design ideas (begining with the 22 Stealth in 1997 I think) and his great eye for cutting edge gel coat designs has turned UCB into the company it is today. Like any good President, CEO or what ever, he has surrounded himself with a good team.

djunkie
08-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Just because pops owns the company that makes the payment dosen't mean I shouldn't get credit since I actually show up to work......:D:D
Sales contract/loan says it's mine;)
Is Chuck looking to adopt anymore sons? :D :D

Cole Trickle
08-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Is Chuck looking to adopt anymore sons? :D :D
Trade you jobs too?:D

djunkie
08-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Trade you jobs too?:D
Ya your pushing it there bud. :D :D

ultra26shadow
08-01-2007, 09:45 PM
JW
John D
Guy in rigging
Mike Harlan
Martin @ Advanced Audio
Mikey
have to agree on that also bought my first boat from john d and bob brown and met mikey and all the guys in the upholstery shop much props to all the people that make it happen at Ultra

dicudmore
08-01-2007, 10:17 PM
lets all remember Barry D on our Ultra good guy list too :D

voodoomedman
08-02-2007, 05:19 AM
I'm embarrassed I left him off the list. Barry has been nothing but a class act as well.

Strippoker
08-02-2007, 08:45 AM
see if I share any bikini pics wiht you all anymore seeing how I get left off the list. lol:D

shippingguy
08-02-2007, 09:10 AM
see if I share any bikini pics wiht you all anymore seeing how I get left off the list. lol:D
Jason does an outstanding job at Ultra as well.:D

sigepmock
08-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Jason does an outstanding job at Ultra as well.:D
Yes Jason does an AMAZING job:D
Chris

shockwavebd
08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Thank you........( I wasn't feeling the love ).......................:D

voodoomedman
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Sorry. I just haven't met you yet.

lynn
08-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Just a word about Mike at Ultra Performance he knows very well how to deal with customers, I was very impressed with him over the phone. very honest and down to earth.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Just a word about Mike at Ultra Performance he knows very well how to deal with customers, I was very impressed with him over the phone. very honest and down to earth.
I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with Mike, @ Ultra Performance.. There is no doubt that he is a top quality rigger/builder. My situation with Mike involved misunderstandings, negative comments, and email to others at Ultra. Last fall, I made a trip to Ultra to clear the air. In a face to face meeting where John West, my Son, Mike Harlin and I were present, I calmly tried to clear the air. I apologized for all of the misunderstandings, and extended my hand and Mike refused to shake.
After the initial build, the boat was incomplete, in the areas of the foot shower, duel batteries, grab handles and a problem with my scissor hinges. After one trip to the the river, I took my boat back to Ultra to be completed. I was assured that these few remaining issues would be completed in 10 days. My 26 sat at Ultra for 3 1/2 weeks last July, waiting to be finished. Feeling frustrated, after 3 weeks had passed I asked someone at Ultra, "Hasn't Harlin already been paid for this boat?" The following day I got a call informing me that Mike was refused to finish my boat. "He through your boat out if his shop" "Is this acceptable under any circumstances? In my opinion it is not. Of course, John West stepped up and made sure everything was taken care of one way or the other, and everything is fine.
Not that this mattered but my 26 Shadow is the 3rd new Ultra I've purchsed, since October 2001.
Mine, I believe, is an isolated situation and based on the comments of others, it appears that Mike is capable of being a decent guy. Again, Mike is a knowledgeable and top quality builder/rigger who I respect in this regard.
John M
PS. I would not have posted this here had someone not asked why Mike at Ultra Performance doesn't share the praise that John West receives for all of the beautiful Ultra Boats. Obviously, in my case the answer in simple.

shadow
08-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Leah(sp?)
Is the Hero in my book!!
John aint bad either.

KineticoH20
08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Id be happy to send every Ultra employee a YOUR THE BEST #1 TROPHY, if they build me a 27:D

voodoomedman
08-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Id be happy to send every Ultra employee a YOUR THE BEST #1 TROPHY, if they build me a 27:D
I'm positive they will build you a 27. All you have to do a write a check for the correct amount. And it can't bounce either. :D