PDA

View Full Version : Rhino

reDECKulous
07-31-2007, 08:40 AM
I decided to join the club... picked up the 07 660 SE last night. Where can I get this thing hooked up around here? Anyone have any good riding spots around? I live down by Temecula.

Baja Big Dog
07-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Id ride it to the Polaris dealer, and buy the new Razor!!!!
That ought to stir up some shit!!!!!:D

me4drvr
07-31-2007, 09:12 AM
I trust no one other than Custom Motorsports in Riverside... not the cheapest, but dam good guys and do it right.. they are right off the 91 just east of Corona area. Welcome to the money pit...
http://www.alssurvey.com/glamis(001).jpg

Todd969
07-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Jason at Rancho motorsports is really good. It doesn't hurt to call around and go look at several different brands.
Good luck and welcome to the moneypit nation:D

HM
07-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Tatum in Temecula. PM ShockwaveBob for more info.
Or you can call Wired For Sound Motorsports as they are also XXX Rhinosports.

reDECKulous
07-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanx guys! Any good riding spots around? Anyone ride up in the mtns?
Eric

sigepmock
07-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Jason at Rancho motorsports is really good. It doesn't hurt to call around and go look at several different brands.
Good luck and welcome to the moneypit nation:D
+1 for Jason at Rancho Motorsports in Ontario (909) 390-9722. He has great deals for ***boaters.
He helped me get ours dialed in :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/front8.jpg
Our Rhino is in Havasu for the summer. Lots of great places to ride out there.
Chris

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 10:40 AM
+1 for Jason at Rancho Motorsports in Ontario (909) 390-9722. He has great deals for ***boaters.
Chris
Are you cleaning up the cage and re coating it?
Should look good with the new plastics:)
Red Arms,bumpers and cage would look kinda cool;)

Wmc
07-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanx guys! Any good riding spots around? Anyone ride up in the mtns?
Eric
Last week end a few of us went to Big Bear had a blast. I want to set up another ride.( I heard John Bull Trail is tough) Maybe Cole and Dan can dust off there Rhinos :D lets pick a day. just tossing it out there
oh I ride in a RANGER:D

reDECKulous
07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm always down for a ride, shoot me a PM if your thinking about going.
Eric
Last week end a few of us went to Big Bear had a blast. I want to set up another ride.( I heard John Bull Trail is tough) Maybe Cole and Dan can dust off there Rhinos :D lets pick a day. just tossing it out there

SJP
07-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Going to Pismo next weekend. Bringing the Rhino and Stand up Ski. Anyone ever ride there? I have never been.
SJP

sigepmock
07-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Are you cleaning up the cage and re coating it?
Should look good with the new plastics:)
Red Arms,bumpers and cage would look kinda cool;)
Yeah, not sure what to do with the cage and arms. I like the orange and silver look but since I need to modify the cage and add the light bar I was thinking Red......then the arms might as well be red too .....then......???
We'll see, I'll at least get the plastics, seats, and belts changed now...then wait till fall to do the cage work. Who knows.....:confused: :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/orange.jpg

OutCole'd
07-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Just think guys, a few more months and it will be Rhino season in Havi again. I'm looking forward to doing another ride to Topock.

SJP
07-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Just think guys, a few more months and it will be Rhino season in Havi again. I'm looking forward to doing another ride to Topock.
Posts like this are making me rethink renting the place this winter. :idea:

house
07-31-2007, 12:01 PM
I second both Jason at Rancho and the guys at Custom Motorsports. Jason hooked me up with a great deal on some wheels and tires. Custom Motorsports did my cage and seats. Both places are great.
And like someone said earlier, welcome to your newest money pit!

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah, not sure what to do with the cage and arms. I like the orange and silver look but since I need to modify the cage and add the light bar I was thinking Red......then the arms might as well be red too .....then......???
We'll see, I'll at least get the plastics, seats, and belts changed now...then wait till fall to do the cage work. Who knows.....:confused: :)
dangerous path to go down.....lol
Did you decide on full doors yet?

PunkAssBitch
07-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Ours is being built as we speak by Prestige in Temecula....should be ready in a couple of weeks!!!
I need a hook up for a stereo system for ours...they wanted to charge us $900 to put it in...um...NO.

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the Ranger?
I mean why did it seem so slow and get left behind on our run....kind of weird since it has a 700cc EFI motor...lol:D :devil:

Wmc
07-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the Ranger?
I mean why did it seem so slow and get left behind on our run....kind of weird since it has a 700cc EFI motor...lol:D :devil:
i think i know what it was :idea:
1. all of my stereo equipment
2. and the Bar (you know it's a rolling Bar)
3. my wife yelling slow down

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 12:48 PM
i think i know what it was :idea:
1. my wife yelling slow down
I will give you 1 out of three...lol;)

rivrrts429
07-31-2007, 12:55 PM
Ours is being built as we speak by Prestige in Temecula....should be ready in a couple of weeks!!!
I need a hook up for a stereo system for ours...they wanted to charge us $900 to put it in...um...NO.
I'll second prestige, he built my ranger for me + he's a good friend of the family. Try calling all of the places mentioned above. You need to think about service as well. If your not happy with something and its 5:00p.m. on a Friday afternoon and your leaving with the "moneypit" for the weekend you want to make sure they will service you. Just something extra to think about.

hot_diggity_dog
07-31-2007, 01:04 PM
:D +1 for Jason at Rancho Motorsports in Ontario (909) 390-9722. He has great deals for ***boaters.
Chris
What's up Chris? Looks like the Rhino is holding up well.
Didn't you have Long Travel rhino do your work?
Did you know they moved to a killer shop off the 91/57 in Anaheim.
I seen Timmmy at the Lake this weekend and they have parts in stock and can jump on any Rhino right now full speed.
Might be worth a call.
Also if any of you need real Rhino or UTV info PM me and I''ll get you setup in the right direction.
Hot (Knows a little about Rhino's) Diggity Dog:sqeyes:

havaduner
07-31-2007, 01:28 PM
I'd be in on that if it works in the schedule right. I have a couple other guys who would be interested as well.

djunkie
07-31-2007, 01:49 PM
I've seen that Rhino in person before. Its the guy who owns Microtouch. I went to his house to have him swap out the springs on my Bilsteins. That thing is pretty sick.

djunkie
07-31-2007, 01:51 PM
:D
Hot (Knows how to spend your retirement funds) Diggity Dog:sqeyes:
Fixed it for you. :D :D

Ivan Dan
07-31-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm game....let me know when!

Wmc
07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
I'll put something together and let you and anybody else that wants meet up for some trail riding:)

reDECKulous
07-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Let's do this
I'll put something together and let you and anybody else that wants meet up for some trail riding:)

adam@wired
07-31-2007, 04:51 PM
I decided to join the club... picked up the 07 660 SE last night. Where can I get this thing hooked up around here? Anyone have any good riding spots around? I live down by Temecula.
hey whats up this is adam,we do all of it,longtravel,stereo,cages,or full race951 696 2200:D

sigepmock
07-31-2007, 05:09 PM
:D
What's up Chris? Looks like the Rhino is holding up well.
Didn't you have Long Travel rhino do your work?
Did you know they moved to a killer shop off the 91/57 in Anaheim.
I seen Timmmy at the Lake this weekend and they have parts in stock and can jump on any Rhino right now full speed.
Might be worth a call.
Also if any of you need real Rhino or UTV info PM me and I''ll get you setup in the right direction.
Hot (Knows how to sky a Rhino and go end over end over end over ....) Diggity Dog:sqeyes:
I fixed it too :D
What's up Glen? Yeah Brian at Long Travel hooked me up on a lot of my parts and I did the install and fab work....Jason at Rancho is now a dealer for him so either way they get the good deal and the best parts. I talked with Brian and I heard he moved....hell of a lot closer to my house now ...maybe too close :jawdrop: :)
So you want to sell me that beat up Rhino of yours so I can slap in this Rotax motor I got sitting here:devil: j/k Still talking about that jump and the crash with my buddies....you my friend have some big quevoes(sp?)
How's the racing going? Looks like some real money is being thrown at the Rhino class now between the Funco guys and others.
Chris <-------- Wishes he had the balls to huck his Rhino 80+ feet:eek: :D

RiverRatMike
07-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Id ride it to the Polaris dealer, and buy the new Razor!!!!
That ought to stir up some shit!!!!!:D
Razor's Suck and so does Polaris!:rolleyes:

Todd969
07-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Razor's Suck and so does Polaris!:rolleyes:
Hey Mike I just had a fantastic idea. Why don't you sell a couple of lightening pics and buy some ritalin or midol.:)
FYI: Polaris builds the Razor, so you could say Polaris sux and be done.:D

sigepmock
07-31-2007, 05:26 PM
:D Hey Mike I just had a fantastic idea. Why don't you sell a couple of lightening pics and buy some ritalin or midol.:)
Always looking out for your fellow ***boaters....that's why I like you Todd :D

RiverRatMike
07-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Hey Mike I just had a fantastic idea. Why don't you sell a couple of lightening pics and buy some ritalin or midol.:)
haha I knew I'd get your guys going :)

RiverRatMike
07-31-2007, 05:57 PM
congrats on the new Rhino. You'll love it. 2000K on mine now and flawless.

NuckinFutz
07-31-2007, 08:37 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rhino_Sego_007.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rhino_Sego_003.jpg

hot_diggity_dog
07-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Fixed it for you. :D :D
I fixed it too
What's up Glen? Yeah Brian at Long Travel hooked me up on a lot of my parts and I did the install and fab work....Jason at Rancho is now a dealer for him so either way they get the good deal and the best parts. I talked with Brian and I heard he moved....hell of a lot closer to my house now ...maybe too close
So you want to sell me that beat up Rhino of yours so I can slap in this Rotax motor I got sitting here:devil: j/k Still talking about that jump and the crash with my buddies....you my friend have some big quevoes(sp?)
How's the racing going? Looks like some real money is being thrown at the Rhino class now between the Funco guys and others.
Chris <-------- Wishes he had the balls to huck his Rhino 80+ feet:eek: :D
Yep it looks like some of the manufactures and sandrail companies are going way over the top. Makse it hard for the weekend warrior guy like me to compete with those companies.
Its all good for the sport.
I should send Where's my keyes the bill for talking me into the launch and roll. :sqeyes: ;) :D
Good signature lines DJ and Chris. LMAO:)
HDD:D

EAZYKILLER2006
07-31-2007, 09:55 PM
i guess i should read the whole thread before i post the usual
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/worthlessthread.gif
just in case some one already said it...
lets see the new ride!
we can bring the rhino home from havi, any time just say when...
big bear sounds fun!
i think i can find a pic of ours
somewhere:)
wow:( i guess i cant
i only have this pic left in my files ...the one cam took
here is is:D http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/BUDANDME.jpg

RiverRatMike
08-01-2007, 05:01 AM
Hey I just had a fantastic idea, Why don't you go back to school and learn how to spell lightening :confused:

reDECKulous
08-01-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't need to... just go to yamaha.com and take a look at a stock ass rhino! haha Haven't have a chance to do anything to it... but it's coming...
i guess i should read the whole thread before i post the usual
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/worthlessthread.gif
just in case some one already said it...
lets see the new ride!
we can bring the rhino home from havi, any time just say when...
big bear sounds fun!
i think i can find a pic of ours
somewhere:)
wow:( i guess i cant
i only have this pic left in my files ...the one cam took
here is is:D http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/BUDANDME.jpg

RUCAV
08-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Im sure their is a post for this, but can someone compare the Rhino and the Ranger. I think there are more after market parts for the Rhino but a friend said the Rhino needs more after market stuff. Looking for something to drag me and the wife to the desert bar and tooling around. nothing crazy. Muchas Gracias

djunkie
08-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Im sure their is a post for this, but can someone compare the Rhino and the Ranger. I think there are more after market parts for the Rhino but a friend said the Rhino needs more after market stuff. Looking for something to drag me and the wife to the desert bar and tooling around. nothing crazy. Muchas Gracias
Go drive them both. You'll know right away what one is right for you. :D :D

RUCAV
08-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Go drive them both. You'll know right away what one is right for you. :D :D
WOW, that big of a difference?

gray909
08-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Call RGX or Rhino Graphix Exchange he paints Rhino plastics for Custom Motorsports, John Burr Cycles and Honda/Yamaha of Redlands. Check out this website www.nadaletdesign.com that is all the paint jobs from RGX.
(951) 258-5702 Patrick

TOBTEK
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
another GREAT choice for your painting is:
www.myspace.com/apdesigns
www.apdesignsusa.com
Alex is the painter for all the Monster energy teams, Chad Reed, Metzger, and many many other top pros.
If you can dream it up....he can paint it.

djunkie
08-01-2007, 03:48 PM
WOW, that big of a difference?
IMO YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sat in the Ranger and was imediately NOT happy with it. Seats sit upright and the steering wheel is almost flat. Like driving a bus. The Rhino just feels more sporty and to me is more fun to drive. Feels more nimble to me too. If I owned a farm and needed to haul horse feed around then the Ranger would be my choice. :D :D

Riverguy92345
08-01-2007, 05:01 PM
If you ask us the rhino is the way to go.I have already towed back to camp a couple of Rangers. The rhino just rides better. Let us know when you go back to Big Bear. We are close by.
Looking foward to the next Topock run and lets think about a ride to the desert bar.http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/riverguy92345/rhino/f0e9.jpg

rivrrts429
08-01-2007, 05:52 PM
That makes us even....I've towed back a couple rhinos:D :D
Oh yah...and one class 5 baja:eek:

RiverRatMike
08-01-2007, 05:59 PM
That makes us even....I've towed back a couple rhinos:D :D
Oh yah...and one class 5 baja:eek:
the rhinos you towed back I'm sure were out of gas

rivrrts429
08-01-2007, 06:02 PM
That was the problem with Rhino owners...they're so used to their rhinos being trailer queens I had to show them where the fuel gauge was, how to fuel it and they were all afraid to touch it in case their nails got dirty:eek: :D
But they all sure had purty paint jobs;)

Wmc
08-01-2007, 06:26 PM
That was the problem with Rhino owners...they're so used to their rhinos being trailer queens I had to show them where the fuel gauge was, how to fuel it and they were all afraid to touch it in case their nails got dirty:eek: :D
Trailer Queens :eek:

Cole Trickle
08-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Trailer Queens :eek:
Not all of them;):D:devil:

rivrrts429
08-01-2007, 06:34 PM
:eek:

Wmc
08-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Not this one:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/glamis_dunes_jan_27_038.jpg

Cole Trickle
08-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Not this one:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/glamis_dunes_jan_27_038.jpg
Nice ranger!!!
I never saw that angle in my rearview mirror:D :jawdrop:

Wmc
08-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Cole i will make sure you and your friends are with me on my next ride. then will see who talks the talk and who goes up all the hills you can't:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Ivan Dan
08-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Cole i will make sure you and your friends are with me on my next ride. then will see who talks the talk and who goes up all the hills you can't:jawdrop: :jawdrop:
William....I'm game for anything!!! Lets do it:) :D :)

djunkie
08-02-2007, 02:16 AM
If you ask us the rhino is the way to go.I have already towed back to camp a couple of Rangers. The rhino just rides better. Let us know when you go back to Big Bear. We are close by.
Looking foward to the next Topock run and lets think about a ride to the desert bar.http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/riverguy92345/rhino/f0e9.jpg
Nice. I've got a nice set of pics like that too. :D :D

djunkie
08-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Now thats funny. Come out with us sometime and you'll see some Rhinos that are used and abused!!!!!!!

Riverguy92345
08-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Nice pic of the seat belts..should be a fun winter. Don't see any Ranger guys with women like that.. Did i hear them say queens? Maybe they were admitting something...lol..teasing

Ivan Dan
08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Now thats funny. Come out with us sometime and you'll see some Rhinos that are used and abused!!!!!!!
Those Ranger guys all just talk a big game we know what they can and can't do!

adam@wired
08-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Nice ranger!!!
I never saw that angle in my rearview mirror:D :jawdrop:
hey we have a cage for that ranger,the guy backed out on,call me adam 951 696 2200:D