PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper To The Raiders?

RitcheyRch
07-31-2007, 09:17 AM
http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_212010838.html
Free agent quarterback Daunte Culpepper will work out for the Oakland Raiders on Tuesday, two weeks after being
released by the Miami Dolphins.
Culpepper held a private workout for a member of the Raiders' personnel department in Florida on Monday.
The 30-year-old quarterback did well enough there to persuade the team to fly him out to California for an additional workout.
"Anytime that we have a chance to investigate something that can help our team win, were going to do it," Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said.
"Obviously Daunte is something that weve been looking into for a little bit.
This is kind of the climax of it, working him out tomorrow."
Culpepper began 2006 as Miami's starter but had trouble with his mobility and was sacked 21 times in the first four games.
The Dolphins shut him down so he could continue rehabbing and eventually placed him on injured reserve.
When they acquired Trent Green in a trade with Kansas City this offseason, Culpepper became
expendable.
The Dolphins tried unsuccessfully to trade Culpepper a year after acquiring him from Minnesota.
When Miami could find no takers, the former Pro Bowl quarterback was released on July 17.
Culpepper met with Tampa Bay two days later but did not receive a contract offer from the Bucs.
The Raiders have an interest in Culpepper in part due to the holdout of No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell.
Russell has yet to sign a contract with Oakland, and Kiffin on Sunday indicated negotiations between the two sides had slowed.
Kiffin acknowledged that Russell's situation was a precursor to bringing Culpepper in for a workout.
"Sure it is," Kiffin said. "You've gotta protect your team (and) put yourselves in the best position to win and make sure thatyou have the right depth and competition at each spot."

CBadDad
07-31-2007, 09:19 AM
Sounds like a good move. He'll be able to teach the rookie a thing or two until he gets injured. Then the rookie can play until he get's injured. Hopefully, Culpepper will be healthy enough to play by then.

a catered life
07-31-2007, 11:15 AM
If not, they could sign Aaron Brooks.
culpepper would be a great pickup...hopefully he will have something to prove and the west coast just might be good for him.....;)
f :jawdrop: aaron brooks

Ziggy
07-31-2007, 11:25 AM
LOL, this is like sticking your finger into the jar to get the last of the peanut butter out :D :D :D

Lavey29
07-31-2007, 11:57 AM
They will probably make a move for Vick after he is convicted and does his prison time. Just to keep the image intact for the good of the team...

Hardly Satisfied
07-31-2007, 12:50 PM
That's a good place for him to go.

Old Texan
07-31-2007, 01:46 PM
They will probably make a move for Vick after he is convicted and does his prison time. Just to keep the image intact for the good of the team...
Culpepper would be a great backup for Vick. I heard he's good with dogs.....:devil:

dmontzsta
07-31-2007, 01:54 PM
He is a big name, but I dont know about this deal.
If he had problems getting sacked, imagine him behind the Raider O Line. :)

finsfan4life
07-31-2007, 11:01 PM
As a Dolphin fan I always believed that Daunte never got a 100 % fair shot in Miami because of his lingering injuries. I believed if he was 100 % healthy, he could do some damage. I saw him up close last year when I went to the Miami/Chiefs game. He was ripped !! His $300k Rolls looked nice too..So for all those sh** talking Raider fan that gave me a hard time last year, "what goes around comes around". But I think Daunte's going to kick some butt if his knee is healed...

Redwing247
07-31-2007, 11:05 PM
culpepper would be a great pickup...hopefully he will have something to prove and the west coast just might be good for him.....;)
f:jawdrop: the raider :D

a catered life
07-31-2007, 11:21 PM
f:jawdrop: the raider :D
hater:devil:

JAY4SPEED
08-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Yeah, thats what the Saints said! Y'all can have him....he's just not smart enough to be a effective quarterback. Hell of an athlete though, dude's got an arm.
Jay

Old Texan
08-01-2007, 04:45 AM
Yeah, thats what the Saints said! Y'all can have him....he's just not smart enough to be a effective quarterback. Hell of an athlete though, dude's got an arm.
Jay
He's Mike Vick's cousin, what'd you expect?:D

thatguy
08-01-2007, 05:11 AM
He is a big name, but I dont know about this deal.
If he had problems getting sacked, imagine him behind the Raider O Line. :)
You got that right. Being a Raider quarterback needs to be a question on that life age calculator post. Garunteed to take 15 years off your life.
Talent or brains aside, He will never "heal" with that line.
Tommy

soupersonic
08-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Culpepper sucks, with the Vikes all you had to do was breath on him and he would fumble. His hands are too small. He always tried to run when he should have thrown it away. Hes not a smart enough player.Hell of an athlete though
Souper (just another Vikes fan thats glad Culpepper is not on my team )sonic

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 07:26 AM
It's official, Culpepper has signed with the Raiders.
So there was some peanut butter scraps left in the jar eh? :D:D

RitcheyRch
08-01-2007, 07:29 AM
This just tells you Al Davis has really lost it. Culpepper and Randy Moss were team mates at Minnesota 10 years ago, so that’s supposed to mean something.

a catered life
08-01-2007, 07:31 AM
This just tells you Al Davis has really lost it. Culpepper and Randy Moss were team mates at Minnesota 10 years ago, so that’s supposed to mean something.
? moss is gone

RitcheyRch
08-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Thought he was still there. Guess was wrong.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12576
? moss is gone