PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie! Just want to recommend a great repair shop in Fresno, CA.

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
07-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone.
I just want to recommend a great repair shop in Fresno, CA. I had alot of work done to my 21' Hawaiian Mini daycruiser by Bob at Fresno Performance Marine recently.
We moved to Bass Lake in November of last year from So. Cal. and blew the motor up the first time out this season, plus the jet was fried.
Had a couple of little issues with a pesky oil leak after the rebuild and Bob took care of the problem right away. It wound up he had to pull the motor again because the oil pan had a very slight bend at the gasket and the oil pan = that was leaking.
All re-work was done on warranty.
I have seen a few threads today regarding bad experiences with repair shops so I thought I would toss out one with high recommendations.
Lots of great info on this site, I love it.
****Bob does all kinds of custom builds too= he is the American Choppers of boating in Fresno!!
Old Hawaiian Cruiser

pw_Tony
07-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Quit Spamming.... now thanks to you I'll make sure never to take my boat there

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
07-31-2007, 10:08 AM
pw383426
I was told to post this to the v-drive section by holymoly another user, instead of the sandbar where I originally posted , I said I am new.... jeesus take it easy huh?
I thought I would also post on the jet section since my boat is a jet.
Sorry, I didn't know I was commiting a crime.
wtf?

Sleeper CP
07-31-2007, 10:24 AM
A little Harsh don't you think. He said he was new. Give him a warning shot across the bow before you shoot him;) And you don't live in the Fresno area anyway.
Sleeper CP

Cas
07-31-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't take that as spamming at all, just someone relaying a good experience with a repair shop.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey Now.. Holy Moly and myself sent him here.. be nice he is new.. :) I don't see him selling anything but giving advise and his experiance.
be nice or I will have to kick you in the junk.. :D

Ralph Brunt
07-31-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't take that as spamming at all, just someone relaying a good experience with a repair shop.
what cas said

Squirtcha?
07-31-2007, 12:24 PM
what cas said
Agreed.
Now if he posted up................oh say................Phil Bergeron 20 or so times for every little thing that was needed...............that could be considered spamming.:D
You out there Overkill?

HM
07-31-2007, 12:35 PM
The nube posted up in the Sand Bar where none of the swingers care. :D
I did tell him to post in the v-drive section as I know there are a LOT of weed smoking central cali people that hang out there. :D Mrs. V told him Just Jets as well. Seemed like an honest happy customer. Don't see many non-bashing threads, and usually the happy threads end up being bashed. Can't blame the bashers...they own Fords and take their misery out on everyone else. :devil: :D

Danhercules
07-31-2007, 12:36 PM
RD SUX, oops I mean pw383426 SUX!!!!!!!!!!!

squirt'nmyload
07-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Agreed.
Now if he posted up................oh say................Phil Bergeron 20 or so times for every little thing that was needed...............that could be considered spamming.:D
You out there Overkill?
Call Phil Bergeron for the custom aluminum hydraulic mount.......Get rid of them and use the stainless ones that come with the stainless lines, Phil Bergeron custom makes these also, a must have............. Phil Bergeron also custom makes an easy to use plug in wireing harness that is used with the wireing you already have...... Phil Bergeron will not steer you wrong and will get you setup to operate it's best.
LMAO!!!!..........easy there pw.:)
welcome old hawiian cruiser

Devilman
07-31-2007, 01:09 PM
LMAO!!!!..........easy there pw.:)
welcome old hawiian cruiser
Is all that name-dropping in one post or did you edit it to read that way? :confused: :D

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
07-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for watchin my back. You guys are pretty funny.

Devilman
07-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for watchin my back. You guys are pretty funny.
What do you mean, funny? Let us understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f*cked up maybe, but we're funny how, I mean funny like a clown, we amuse you? We make you laugh, we're here to f*ckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How the f*ck are we funny?
That was in my best Joe Pesci/Good Fellas voice, BTW. LOL, welcome to HB. Lotsa good info around here with the occasional smart remark thrown in. :D

Squirtcha?
07-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by OverKill
Call Phil Bergeron for the custom aluminum hydraulic mount.......Get rid of them and use the stainless ones that come with the stainless lines, Phil Bergeron custom makes these also, a must have............. Phil Bergeron also custom makes an easy to use plug in wireing harness that is used with the wireing you already have...... Phil Bergeron will not steer you wrong and will get you setup to operate it's best.
Is all that name-dropping in one post or did you edit it to read that way? :confused: :D
Sorry James (Overkill). That was no edit DMan. It's a quote!
What do you mean, funny? Let us understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f*cked up maybe, but we're funny how, I mean funny like a clown, we amuse you? We make you laugh, we're here to f*ckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How the f*ck are we funny?
That was in my best Joe Pesci/Good Fellas voice, BTW. LOL, welcome to HB. Lotsa good info around here with the occasional smart remark thrown in. :D
I love that F***ing movie.
And pw.........you're pretty new yourself there pal. Join date 02-06-07? I'd call that a newbie as well. Scary high post count...........granted, but still new.
Can't blame the bashers...they own Fords and take their misery out on everyone else. :devil: :D
Easy there HolyMoly. I'm driving one of those bullet proof BBFs. I aint taking nothing out on nobody.:confused:
You guys are pretty funny.
Oh yeah. Make no mistake about it................we're friggin hilarious.

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
07-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Funny as in all of the above. It's a variety show around here. I think it's great.
You can get good advise, bad advise, you can get slammed for no reason, you can get slammed for good reason, you can make friends, and you can lose friends, you can also judge and be judged. Lot's of variety. Thanks for the laugh!
Old Hawaiian Cruiser

pw_Tony
07-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Sorry Old Hawaiian Cruiser. I just looked at your other post and saw four of the same thing and assumed you were just advertising. Copy and paste is a bunch of crazy.
Won't happen again:)

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
07-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Sorry Old Hawaiian Cruiser. I just looked at your other post and saw four of the same thing and assumed you were just advertising. Copy and paste is a bunch of crazy.
Thanks pw383426 much appreciated!!!!!

squirt'nmyload
07-31-2007, 02:44 PM
LMAO......like squirtcha said, it was all one post.......... :D :D :D
OK for starters I do have the hydraulic diverter, and it is the best thing you will buy for trim control. You have 32 different settings over less then 10 with the manual control.
Do this right away. Call Phil Bergeron for the custom aluminum hydraulic mount. Much better for mounting and stability than that cheap black plastic thing you got with the kit. His number is (480) 834-1531, tell him James from the auto accident sent you.
As far as mounting. I put mine on the back left of the inside transom. Just above the floor, useing countersunk philips bolts with a tefflock nut. I did in fact use the steel braded lines, one it looks better than the poly lines, two it is threaded and will not pull out from the fastners like the poly lines can do. You should of also received some cheap black plastic thread locks that you thread to the hull with. Get rid of them and use the stainless ones that come with the stainless lines, Phil Bergeron custom makes these also, a must have.
Now You also received the wireing loom that connects to the toggle switch to the pump to the battery. Phil Bergeron also custom makes an easy to use plug in wireing harness that is used with the wireing you already have. This harness is used to getting power straight from the battery. By doing this it moves the diverter twice as fast and will make your hydraulic pump last longer. He does shipping every day and could have this stuff to you in no time at all. I really hope all will work out for you, as I must say I am very well pleased. Phil Bergeron will not steer you wrong and will get you setup to operate it's best.
OverKill
P.S. Keep us posted and let me know if there is anything else I can do.
:D :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 02:54 PM
ah ha.. I scared you huh.. LOL!!:D :D

pw_Tony
07-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Oh yea! I just didn't want to become a CRZYBTCH over a mistake haha:D

squirt'nmyload
he heard about "tha paw to the chest" :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
Oh yea! I just didn't want to become a CRZYBTCH over a mistake haha:D
ROTFLMAO!! :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 03:00 PM
he heard about "tha paw to the chest" :D :D
all four.. damn right.. :D :D

Jetaholic
07-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear you had a good experience with him. I personally don't like him. He's always taken an attitude with me like "If it ain't top fuel it ain't shit" and he thinks he's the God of jet pumps in Fresno. That and if you don't spend at least $1,000 at his shop he don't want nothing to do with you. But that's just been my personal experience.

Sleeper CP
07-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Can't blame the bashers...they own Fords and take their misery out on everyone else. :devil: :D
Hey now, I reseamble that remark and some of my best friends are Ford owners.:)
And I was the first to come to his defence that should be worth something.;)
Sleeper CP
565" Ford lover

pw_Tony
07-31-2007, 10:14 PM
And I was the first to come to his defence that should be worth something.;)
Sleeper CP
565" Ford lover
Suck up:D

Sleeper CP
07-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Suck up:D
Thanks a hell of alot, I just blew water all over the keyboard.:mad:
Jon

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
08-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Glad to hear you had a good experience with him. I personally don't like him. He's always taken an attitude with me like "If it ain't top fuel it ain't shit" and he thinks he's the God of jet pumps in Fresno. That and if you don't spend at least $1,000 at his shop he don't want nothing to do with you. But that's just been my personal experience.
Jetaholic,
Sorry you had a bad experience with them. :(

tahitijet
08-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Same experiance. Seems like he likes the racers more then the average guy, and from my discussions with him i gathered that he doesn't know pumps nearly as well as he thinks he does.
I have never heard a complaint about his work just his attitude.

HM
08-01-2007, 05:01 PM
What is that saying?...."Misery loves company"
You Ford guys take the bait every time. :D

OverKill
08-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Dan ( Squirtcha?) why did you cut up, poor gas, and set fire to my post? Alright I'm sorry I left you out.
Hey newbie if you need any gel coat work in your bilge Dan ( Squirtcha?) is the one you want. If you need any glass work done, Dan (Squirtcha?) is the man. If you need new wireing installed in your boat Dan ( Squirtcha?) is top notch. If you need a motor pulled and kept in a safe dry place for a very long time, Dan (Squirtcha?) is the best so forget everybody else. If you want to just hang out, drink beer, talk S**T , and eat Letties wonderful mexican food, Dan (Squirtcha?) is just like family. Thanks againg Dan I can't say enough for all you have done for me and for all the jobs in the near future for all the Newbies.
Now I'm LMAO
OH by the way the boat will be done on Friday. Can you still make it Monday for a cruise on the water???
OverKill

OverKill
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Bump For Squirtcha?

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
08-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Same experiance. Seems like he likes the racers more then the average guy, and from my discussions with him i gathered that he doesn't know pumps nearly as well as he thinks he does.
I have never heard a complaint about his work just his attitude.
Tahitijet,
He is kind of cocky at times.. you are correct, I am happy with the end result of the work he did to my boat, that's all I was trying to relay.
Is there someone else in the Fresno area that you prefer over Bob? Where do you go for parts? Just for future refference. Like I said I recently moved here from So. Cal. and he was the only guy I found on short notice.
Old Hawaiian Cruiser

Sleeper CP
08-02-2007, 07:21 AM
What is that saying?...."Misery loves company"
You Ford guys take the bait every time. :D
I would say something, but I think I'll let the 935HP and 760 lbs ft. (all throttle , no bottle) do the talk'in. :) :D
Sleeper CP

tahitijet
08-02-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't know anyone else in the area unfortunatly. I bought all my parts from contributing shops on the boards. MPD, HTP, JBP, and rex marine. I built my boat and pump myself with there tech help and parts.
all of the shops above were over helpful and free flowing with great information. Bobs most common advice was sell the boat and get a flat or a tunnel. anytime i had approched him about work that was his most common response. He said i'd never see over 60mph in my boat and i'm now approching low 90's

OverKill
08-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Bump for my buddy Squirtcha?

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
08-03-2007, 06:54 AM
If your gonna spam, Overkill, get the he;l outta the jet section. We don't make allowances just cuz you got an hangnail or sumptin and besides, you know better!:D
Holy, since when did anyone want to hear what a FNG had to say? As if we're all gonna run right out and take someones word WHO WE DON'T KNOW like it just came down from heaven or sumptin. Besides, don't you have a pigmy or whatever waitin for you in the hottub?
Hi Mrs. Flyin Vee, you're lookin lovely tonight. Glad you're here but why didn't you send the newbee over to the spam section ?
Rio
Riodog,
I was only trying to share a positive experience with a repair shop. I have had my share of bad ones as I am sure many people here have. :eek:
OHC

OverKill
08-03-2007, 11:25 AM
OHC,I'm just bustin your chops to get you 'hardened to this crowd. LOL If you can put up with me (one of the forum a-holes->we have a couple ) you'll make it.
NOW, Overkill is a different story, he knows better, Squirtcha has been around forever so he doesn't need anyone hangin from his nutsack. Overkill hijacked your thread as Fresno isn't anywhere around Phoenix. His lil accident must screwed up his map readin ability. AND the bottom line is his continual "bump" to the top just plain pissed me off. :mad: It wasn't funny and usually when someone does that the business suffers in some way shape or form. Usually the business owner tells that person to go fu(k himself as they realize that it does irritate their potential customers.
Take a hint overkill, if you are really grateful to Squirtcha then buy him a box of candy and give him a kiss on the ear. Don't run off his customers just because you think you are being funny.:devil:
Welcome aboard OHC, hang on tight,
Rio:D
WOW did I get under someones skin?? Well RIODICK. My little accident only helped my see the real assH**Les here on the board. Get a life and get mad at real things, and find a sense of humor. In fact maybe you would like to meet one of my titanium rods one day. Im sure you know what I mean.
If you had half a brain than you would know Squirtcha? is not in the boat BIZ. However he is a good friend of mine who went out of his way to help me out. So blow it out your ass and stop takeing all this earths oxygen. Plain and simple your just a wast of space. So how's that for your F**King HINT???

topless
08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
OHC,I'm just bustin your chops to get you 'hardened to this crowd. LOL If you can put up with me (one of the forum a-holes->we have a couple ) you'll make it.
NOW, Overkill is a different story, he knows better, Squirtcha has been around forever so he doesn't need anyone hangin from his nutsack. Overkill hijacked your thread as Fresno isn't anywhere around Phoenix. His lil accident must screwed up his map readin ability. AND the bottom line is his continual "bump" to the top just plain pissed me off. :mad: It wasn't funny and usually when someone does that the business suffers in some way shape or form. Usually the business owner tells that person to go fu(k himself as they realize that it does irritate their potential customers.
Take a hint overkill, if you are really grateful to Squirtcha then buy him a box of candy and give him a kiss on the ear. Don't run off his customers just because you think you are being funny.:devil:
Welcome aboard OHC, hang on tight,
Rio:DRio, Rio, Rio, (has a ring to it huh?) You know I love ya but you have to admit, going off on Overkill was a little (alot) harsh don't ya think? He was making fun of spamming and name dropping. I found it amusing myself. Now let's all have a beer and get on the water.:)

Bense468
08-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Good job rio, now this has turned into the sandbar LOL. Asshole :D