PDA

View Full Version : Whats a Good Housekeeper Worth?

burtandnancy2
07-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Lost our weekly housekeeper and now are seeing prices from $20 to $85 per hour. Whats this worth in the IE? Usual stuff, needs to be on time, honest and take cash...

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Lost our weekly housekeeper and now are seeing prices from $20 to $85 per hour. Whats this worth in the IE? Usual stuff, needs to be on time, honest and take cash...
what is it she or he does..
windows, fans, laundry, etc..

lucky
07-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Not much till you divorce them :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 10:59 AM
:jawdrop: Not much till you divorce them :D
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: baaaaaaaddd post again.. :D :D

Angry Inch
07-31-2007, 11:00 AM
I always thought it was a one time payment of 3 months salary for the engagement ring...I had no idea there was an hourly rate as well. :D

burtandnancy2
07-31-2007, 11:00 AM
Mrs. V, Guess I should list the work to be done, but not too sure, never been around to actually see it. But when I come home in the afternoon, the floors are vacuumed, bathrooms are clean, dusting seems to be all gone. Is that enough?

lucky
07-31-2007, 11:03 AM
:jawdrop:
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: baaaaaaaddd post again.. :D :D
hun sheep can't clean , they shrink when wet :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Mrs. V, Guess I should list the work to be done, but not too sure, never been around to actually see it. But when I come home in the afternoon, the floors are vacuumed, bathrooms are clean, dusting seems to be all gone. Is that enough?
well I am not sure the rate there.. But here we had a housekeeper. I gave her a list of what I wanted or needed done. It was always different for her each week..
My list would consist of vacume, dust and wax wood furniture, mop wood floor, bathrooms top to bottom, ceiling fans dusted and wiped with damp cloth, mirrors, glass, base boards, all shelving dusted unless too many nick nacks.Granite, walls etc.. and so on. But it wasn't everytime she came. everyother week for such as baseboards, fans, we paid her $ 90.00.
three bedrooms 2 baths downstairs,
I didn't have her do the upstairs. which is 3 bedrooms 2 bath, laundry.kitchenette.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 11:06 AM
hun sheep can't clean , they shrink when wet :D
ROTFLMAO!! :D :D :D

Liberator TJ1984
07-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Can she " Multi -Task " ? :devil: :D

Havasu1986
07-31-2007, 11:10 AM
I pay $75 a day every other week. 2 story 2500 sq ft. ;)

thumbs
07-31-2007, 11:12 AM
I pay $70 each visit for at 3bed & 2bath about 1500sqft. The gal comes in with 2 helpers and they spend about 1.5 to 2 hours and are done.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 11:14 AM
I forgot to add.. She came once a week..
she started to slack and now she got the boot.. :D

Shreve "T"
07-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Not much till you divorce them :D
I thought you were on vacation ??? :D :D :D

a catered life
07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
well I am not sure the rate there.. But here we had a housekeeper. I gave her a list of what I wanted or needed done. It was always different for her each week..
My list would consist of vacume, dust and wax wood furniture, mop wood floor, bathrooms top to bottom, ceiling fans dusted and wiped with damp cloth, mirrors, glass, base boards, all shelving dusted unless too many nick nacks.Granite, walls etc.. and so on. But it wasn't everytime she came. everyother week for such as baseboards, fans, we paid her $ 90.00.
I didn't have her do the upstairs. which is 3 bedrooms 2 bath, laundry.kitchenette.
you better go get her back and pay her $95 before she calls the union and reports you for slave labor

lalhc
07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
I pay $75 every other week
Usually 3 to 4 individuals @ a time
3200 sq ft home in Lake Arrowhead

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 11:24 AM
you better go get her back and pay her $95 before she calls the union and reports you for slave labor
slave labor my a$$.. she was white.. :D :D

burtandnancy2
07-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Mrs V, so you pay $90 per hour then. Thats about what most jobs shops get today, so must be pretty close. My barber used to get $120 an hour, but he was real fast...

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Mrs V, so you pay $90 per hour then. Thats about what most jobs shops get today, so must be pretty close. My barber used to get $120 an hour, but he was real fast...
No I'm sorry I should have said.. it was for the day.. she use to take 4-5 hours cleaning.. then she slacked and at times she would only be there an hour.. so I let her go..

PunkAssBitch
07-31-2007, 12:14 PM
we used to charge anywhere from $60-150...less if we came more frequently. It mostly depended upon size of home, & how many bathrooms & extra for windows/laundry.
I've hired housekeepers & have felt totally ripped off. One "friend" charged me $250 for my 2600 sq. ft house...3 bedroom/3 bath...all they did was dust & vacuum...and did a crappy job at that & my house is kept up pretty well for the most part.
I am SOOOO glad I don't clean places that are occupied anymore. People can be such amazingly huge PIGS when they know the maid is coming & they can get so out of control picky over everything. One guy used to leave me 2 weeks worth of dirty disgusting dishes in his sink...along with broken beer bottles stuck to the floor, puke all over the bathrooms, and his bong, etc on the coffee table...and he'd always flake out on paying. F that.

bohica
07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
I pay $75 for once a week cleaning that includes dusting, vacuum, mopping, bathrooms & kitchen. What gets me is why does the wife insist on cleaning up the house the night before the cleaning lady arrives.:idea:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 12:26 PM
I pay $75 for once a week cleaning that includes dusting, vacuum, mopping, bathrooms & kitchen. What gets me is why does the wife insist on cleaning up the house the night before the cleaning lady arrives.:idea:
LMAO!! I am guilty there too.:jawdrop:
hubby says.." that's what she is paid for, if you want to clean why do we have a housecleaner?"
Now I do it all myself. :rolleyes: :D

lucky
07-31-2007, 01:21 PM
I thought you were on vacation ??? :D :D :D
tomorrow - looking loads out of portland on Thurs ??? call steve 800 232 4547 :D boating :) ;)

RitcheyRch
07-31-2007, 01:23 PM
I pay mine $75 every other week. She actually came to the house today.

Rexone
07-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I am SOOOO glad I don't clean places that are occupied anymore. People can be such amazingly huge PIGS when they know the maid is coming & they can get so out of control picky over everything. One guy used to leave me 2 weeks worth of dirty disgusting dishes in his sink...along with broken beer bottles stuck to the floor, puke all over the bathrooms, and his bong, etc on the coffee table...and he'd always flake out on paying. F that.
Hey nice to hear from you again. I didn't realize you were on ***boat.

Rexone
07-31-2007, 02:10 PM
This reminds me of the man vs woman shower comparison thread lol.

mark49
07-31-2007, 07:11 PM
I live in the IE i pay 105 pecos per week 2500 Sq and she does my laundry ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
This reminds me of the man vs woman shower comparison thread lol.
I don't think I ever saw that one. LOL!!:D

scooooter7
07-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Illegal immigration is ILLEGAL. People that hire them are criminals and should be shot. Does this belong in this thread?

mark49
07-31-2007, 10:26 PM
She's legal drivers license, car w/insurance and all, she even speaks some english :D
I didnt know the IE has white broads that do housekeeping???
Ours can cook, clean, does laundry, hell who needs my wife.
I would marry her if if she wasn’t shaped like a basketball...
Soy norteamericano
Hablo espanol
Signed
Marcos

Redwing247
07-31-2007, 11:13 PM
LMAO!! I am guilty there too.:jawdrop:
hubby says.." that's what she is paid for, if you want to clean why do we have a housecleaner?"
Now I do it all myself. :rolleyes: :D
You got to keep the $$ I hope :D :D

YeLLowBoaT
07-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Something is wrong with hot boat...no one has yet posted a pic of a hot chick in a french maid outfit...

Rexone
08-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't think I ever saw that one. LOL!!:D
It's been posted a few times. Here you go. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92790)

ahhell
08-01-2007, 05:37 AM
we pay 50 a visit for one lady 3 hrs. every other week....no dishes, no laundry
2000' house.....does great too

socalmoney
08-01-2007, 06:11 AM
In California a good housekeeper is worth 1/2.....

Mrs. 20
08-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Illegal immigration is ILLEGAL. People that hire them are criminals and should be shot. Does this belong in this thread?
Be shot:idea:
Strong words. :rolleyes:

Mrs. 20
08-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Right now in Phoenix, I am paying $120 every other week for a "white girl" to clean my house. 2900 sq. ft. but I have her leave 3 rooms alone. So I guess she is only cleaning 2300 sq ft. I think I pay her too much though, but she does a good job. Sounds like you guys get a better deal in Cali. Anyone who knows a good house cleaner who is cheaper on the west side let me know. I would like someone every week to come over and clean.:)

mobldj
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
payment depends on if she puts out after house is clean,full service is always nice:D

Tom Brown
08-01-2007, 11:55 PM
I forgot to add.. She came once a week..
For $85/hr, she'd have to come once a day.

Tom Brown
08-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey nice to hear from you again. I didn't realize you were on ***boat.
I didn't want to mention the broken beer bottle problem at your place but my feet got cut up pretty bad when I was there. Next time I'll be sure to wear wool socks for the absorbancy.

Boy Named Sue
08-02-2007, 12:12 AM
I didn't want to mention the broken beer bottle problem at your place but my feet got cut up pretty bad when I was there. Next time I'll be sure to wear wool socks for the absorbancy.
The socks won't look good with your heels Tom.
I clean my own house and cook too. I figure I'm worth all the ***** I get.

Fast Freddy
08-02-2007, 02:19 PM
most house cleaners do a shitty job imo. so regardless of the price if you find one that does a really good job and is reliable, etc. that is for sure a keeper. i had one like that once along time ago when i lived on the other side of town and when i moved i lost them. when it came to get a new house keeper i soon realized after using several different ones that its hard to put a price on somebody who has a key to your house! every 2 weeks they come and you may or not be there so its very important that you can trust them not to steal or break anything. sometimes the house cleaner will show up with some "temporary help" and they look pretty scary like they are way on drugs and so you get freaked because they see that you have money, etc.
the house cleaner i have currently (goin on 10 years now) is not very good and totally unreliable but her services are dirt cheap. i just don't want to go thru the headeache right now of replacing her because the most important thing is that she won't steal or break anything. her attitude sometimes bugs me and so with a few quick words i put her in her place. she is poor as most house cleaners are but i have been a very stable and reliable source of income to her for a very long time.
when i was a kid growing up my parents had a mexican lady come clean our house and maintain everything, and cook etc. every week. she was there 4 hours a day, several days a week from the time i was born until 18 years of age when i moved out of the house. most of the time my parents weren't there and so she helped raise me. i attribute this to the fact of why i feel so comfortable around mexican girls and they like me so much. the house cleaner we had when i was a kid was not very attractive but she had a good heart and she loved me like i was her own child. the funny thing is when i was in my 20's i tried to get it on with latina women all the time but they would never give me the time of day. but now that i am 40 years old i have mexican girls that are in their 20's falling all over me, lol. they might just be in luv with my $$$ but at this stage of my life they are easier for me to get than white chix in their 20's, so.............
mexican gurls are much more willing to date an older man than white gurls imo. their value system is different, etc.
i am against illegal aliens but i sure do like living next to the border and enjoying all the pretty chicas who are so friendly to me......................