PDA

View Full Version : GM roadside assistance SUCKS!

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 11:34 AM
well... the trip to laughlin over the weekend had some major problems!! but saturday on the water was tons of fun :D
On the way out....#1 run out of gas!! mainly due to my friend claiming that there were Diesel stations all over the 40 :rolleyes: . And due to thhe fact that the truck was getting horrible mileage (those of you with D-maxs that claim 15+ mpg while towing are trippin!! :devil: ) ... #2 blew out a tire on the railer # 3 brakes on the trailer lock up leaving the gas station, so we had to pull the calipers off!!
anyway... throughout all this....when we ran out of gas.., we hit the onstar button..(very nice people :) ) .. and they ring us through to GM roadside... which seemed like helpful people, until we got our return call... which was supposed to give us our ETA; instead.. GM calls back to tell us that nobody wants to come out and help us!!! it was about midnight and we're stuck on the side of the 40 heading to laughlin. he said that he has got ahold of many local places, but nobody wanted to take their PO? so they pretty much would have just left us out in the middle of nowhere... thanks GM!!:devil:
luckily we had a friend turn around and come back to bring us some fuel!

Outnumbered
07-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Dude, the 40 is the big-rig hwy of all times. If you could not find diesel on the 40 you better buy a Prius and sell the D-max:D
:D :D :D
Sorry, that must have sucked. I think service of all kinds sucks ass today. Everything is price driven and service is a thing of the past for most companies today.
BTW, I get about 13 towing with the Cummins. I think the D-maxes are about the same.

OGShocker
07-31-2007, 11:39 AM
You run out of fuel and GM roadside sux? LMFAO! You should put your GM product back in the box and return it.

squirt'nmyload
07-31-2007, 11:39 AM
well... the trip to laughlin over the weekend had some major problems!! but saturday on the water was tons of fun :D
On the way out....#1 run out of gas!! mainly due to my friend claiming that there were Diesel stations all over the 40 :rolleyes: . And due to thhe fact that the truck was getting horrible mileage (those of you with D-maxs that claim 15+ mpg while towing are trippin!! :devil: ) ... #2 blew out a tire on the railer # 3 brakes on the trailer lock up leaving the gas station, so we had to pull the calipers off!!
anyway... throughout all this....when we ran out of gas.., we hit the onstar button..(very nice people :) ) .. and they ring us through to GM roadside... which seemed like helpful people, until we got our return call... which was supposed to give us our ETA; instead.. GM calls back to tell us that nobody wants to come out and help us!!! it was about midnight and we're stuck on the side of the 40 heading to laughlin. he said that he has got ahold of many local places, but nobody wanted to take their PO? so they pretty much would have just left us out in the middle of nowhere... thanks GM!!:devil:
luckily we had a friend turn around and come back to bring us same fuel!
man that sucks. when on road trips i like to always keep the gas above 1/2. but it sounds like it is the tow company or whoevers fault, not gm's. you were probably talking to someone in an office somewhere in india. :D :D

warlock 27
07-31-2007, 11:40 AM
that sucks, at lest you had fun on the lake...

BrendellaJet
07-31-2007, 11:41 AM
You run out of fuel and GM roadside sux? LMFAO! You should put your GM product back in the box and return it.
Seriously. Sack up and take credit for your own actions. GM doesn't handle the tow operation. They make the call & pay for it only. Next time fill up!:devil:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Seriously. Sack up and take credit for your own actions. GM doesn't handle the tow operation. They make the call & pay for it only. Next time fill up!:devil:
I would agree. If GM called you and said they contacted all of the shops they could and those shops did not want to come out I think that is on the shops not on GM. Is GM supposed to have a tow truck in every town that they actually own? I don't think so.....

Outnumbered
07-31-2007, 11:48 AM
... you were probably talking to someone in an office somewhere in india. :D :D
Oh...this is so true. I focking hate that. All these big companies are farming out to the Muslim focktards who are probably laughing their asses of while we are getting pissed because we cannot understand them....
In my best Simpsons Apu from Kwik-E-Mart voice..."Sir, let me tell you, you are very focked to have run out of fuel in the middle of the focking desert at midnight. Let me put you on hold and see what I can do for you. Thank you very much for calling sir."

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
some of you BRAND cheerleaders amaze me!! yes... my fault for running out of fuel!! ... that's why people have roadside assistance!! :confused: right? or am I mistaken? but for your roadside assistance plan (which is GM's) to pretty much tell you they can't get anyone to come out.. is pretty BS to me!
and yeah the 40 is major big rig central... we were headed to laughlin... and ran out about 15 miles from goffs road, which had diesel. we pulled off the exit before that... which had NO diesel.. and that exit was about 10-15 miles or so before we ran out. at the intechange to the 40 I had a bit over a half tank... and figured we should make it. but the 05 d-max averaging 7 miles to the gallon with 4,000 lbs in tow didn't think so.
I don't need to sack up for anything... some of you just need to pull GM's nuts out of your mouths... because they aint doing you any favors.
I still like my truck... this is my 3rd. but for you to bust my balls for running out of fuel, instead of thinking that it's pretty whack of GM's roadside assistance to fail to assist you is pretty retarted. :eek: :idea:

Outnumbered
07-31-2007, 11:57 AM
some of you BRAND cheerleaders amaze me!! yes... my fault for running out of fuel!! ... that's why people have roadside assistance!! :confused: right? or am I mistaken? but for your roadside assistance plan (which is GM's) to pretty much tell you they can't get anyone to come out.. is pretty BS to me!
and yeah the 40 is major big rig central... we were headed to laughlin... and ran out about 15 miles from goffs road, which had diesel. we pulled off the exit before that... which had NO diesel.. and that exit was about 10-15 miles or so before we ran out. at the intechange to the 40 I had a bit over a half tank... and figured we should make it. but the 05 d-max averaging 7 miles to the gallon with 4,000 lbs in tow didn't think so.
I don't need to sack up for anything... some of you just need to pull GM's nuts out of your mouths... because they aint doing you any favors.
I still like my truck... this is my 3rd. but for you to bust my balls for running out of fuel, instead of thinking that it's pretty whack of GM's roadside assistance to fail to assist you is pretty retarted. :eek: :idea:
Lighten up, we are just having fun at your expense:D

cxr133
07-31-2007, 12:01 PM
SOoo.......... let me get this right, GM is retarded for not being able to send someone to timbumb****desert somewhere on the 40.
BUT
your not retarded for running outta gas...:rolleyes: :D
just wanna make sure i got the facts right!!!

OGShocker
07-31-2007, 12:02 PM
You post this on ***boat and expect to get off with a "wow, buddy that sucks".. I am LMAO harder now than before...
Please note: I did not bag on you for not checking tire pressures prior to your departure from home. :D

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
I would agree. If GM called you and said they contacted all of the shops they could and those shops did not want to come out I think that is on the shops not on GM. Is GM supposed to have a tow truck in every town that they actually own? I don't think so.....
Um... kinda! the guy said he could give me a list of "non preferred shops" on their list that MIGHT be able to assist me... but that's kind of tough when you pretty much have no reception to begin with, and I ask him if he could just call them, since they already had my excact location Via Onstar... and just get someone out to me... I will pay whatever the COST was.. and then my roadside assistance would reinburse (sp?) ... but he didn't help much there. and he definitely had a sweet INDIAN accent. and he kept saying that the shops refused their PO? now why would every shop refuse GM's PO? none of them want money? :idea: or maybe GM's PO's just suck? whatever the hell a PO is... I'm assuming a work order of some sort?

BrendellaJet
07-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Uhh, yeah, I drive a Dodge big boy.

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Lighten up, we are just having fun at your expense:D
oh I know how it goes around here :D plus, I don't think you really said anything wrong. I thought it was pretty dumb not to be able to find some diesel out there too...

BrendellaJet
07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Um... kinda! the guy said he could give me a list of "non preferred shops" on their list that MIGHT be able to assist me... but that's kind of tough when you pretty much have no reception to begin with, and I ask him if he could just call them, since they already had my excact location Via Onstar... and just get someone out to me... I will pay whatever the COST was.. and then my roadside assistance would reinburse (sp?) ... but he didn't help much there. and he definitely had a sweet INDIAN accent. and he kept saying that the shops refused their PO? now why would every shop refuse GM's PO? none of them want money? :idea: or maybe GM's PO's just suck? whatever the hell a PO is... I'm assuming a work order of some sort?
PO = Purchase Order. They probably didn't accept th ePO because you were in the middle of nowhere and its not worth it at that hour to do it. If you were closer to civilization it wouldn't have been a problem.

OGShocker
07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Uhh, yeah, I drive a Dodge big boy.
:rollside: ROTFLMAO :rollside:.... Stop it.... You're killing me....:D :D :D

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 12:08 PM
SOoo.......... let me get this right, GM is retarded for not being able to send someone to timbumb****desert somewhere on the 40.
BUT
your not retarded for not running outta gas...:rolleyes: :D
just wanna make sure i got the facts right!!!
Uhhh I already said "my fault for running out of fuel"
and yeah I do expect a "nationwide" roadside assistance company to be able to get someone to bring me some fuel wherever I am... as long as I'm in this nation.

OGShocker
07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Uhhh I already said "my fault for running out of fuel"
and yeah I do expect a "nationwide" roadside assistance company to be able to get someone to bring me some fuel wherever I am... as long as I'm in this nation.
How much did you pay for the Roadside Assistance?

riverbound
07-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Guess you should have bought a Dodge. you wouldnt need the roadside assistance. I can get to the River and back on 1 tank of gas. 16mpg (avergae) with a 9" lift and 37" tires. gets a bout 2 mpg less towing.

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 12:15 PM
maybe I should have just labeled the thread "GM roadside really let me down... or hurt my feelings"
I should't have used the word sucks :eek: such a strong word on here.
and yeah I realize that if I were in the middle of OC there wouldn't be a problem... but I also don't expect a "sorry we can't help you" if I'm in the desert on the way out to vegas. I can totally deal with a "we will have someone out to you in 3 hours!!" alot better than sorry... you're screwed"
heck AAA sent a tow truck out to us in glamis of gecko road to tow a broke down truck back to riverside... it took them almost 12 hours just to get someone out to us, but they still helped! you don't hear me saying AAA sucks...

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 12:18 PM
How much did you pay for the Roadside Assistance?
I'm pretty sure GM's accountans and math wiz's computed that into the 50k price tag for this truck... part of the 36k mile warranty. which I can start a completly new thread about their warranty dept if you'd like :D

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Guess you should have bought a Dodge. you wouldnt need the roadside assistance. I can get to the River and back on 1 tank of gas. 16mpg (avergae) with a 9" lift and 37" tires. gets a bout 2 mpg less towing.
damn... maybe I should have, but then I would have a hard time telling my parents I was gay :eek: :D
haha. yeah I just have 35's... truck averaged 16.5-22 mpg when it was stock, and now with the 35's... the average is always 12.3 regardless of city / highway. and I assume that to be off a little bit.. so lets say it actually is getting 14-15mpg. now when I was towing.. it was always at 7.1 mpg average... so kick that up to 8-9 for the tire size, and that's still pretty low to everyone elses claims. and I wasn't speeding at all... most it saw was 60MPH.

OGShocker
07-31-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty sure GM's accountans and math wiz's computed that into the 50k price tag for this truck... part of the 36k mile warranty. which I can start a completly new thread about their warranty dept if you'd like :D
Does your on-board computer have a spell / grammar checker?:D If not try hitting CtrlW. :D

riverbound
07-31-2007, 12:31 PM
damn... maybe I should have, but then I would have a hard time telling my parents I was gay :eek: :D
haha. yeah I just have 35's... truck averaged 16.5-22 mpg when it was stock, and now with the 35's... the average is always 12.3 regardless of city / highway. and I assume that to be off a little bit.. so lets say it actually is getting 14-15mpg. now when I was towing.. it was always at 7.1 mpg average... so kick that up to 8-9 for the tire size, and that's still pretty low to everyone elses claims. and I wasn't speeding at all... most it saw was 60MPH.
Beats having to tell them you are a dumba$$ and ran out of gas on the way to the River :D

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Does your on-board computer have a spell / grammar checker?:D If not try hitting CtrlW. :D
c'mon... I messed up on "completely"
ragging on the spelling / punctuation is just bellow the belt. :D

cxr133
07-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Beats having to tell them you are a dumba$$ and ran out of gas on the way to the River :D
ROTFLMAO.......
this was funny!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Was it your first time driving to the river??? :D
We have a F350 diesel and make it from Garden Grove to PArker and back on one tank.
:D
Did you really think you could post that you ran out of gas on your way to the river and wouldn't get picked on?? ;)

J540
07-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Man 7 mpg, is this truck brand new, It takes me 1/4 tank+ aprox 12/13gal, from the 15/40 split to Needles 142mi, and that's with my 05 Excursion Diesel 4X4 w/boat that is 4,700lb empty at 75.
and to Havasu 253mi one-way and a bit of driving we do around town and home with 50gal, I have 80,000mi on Excursion.
And I know for a fact that the duramax gets better mpg than mine, Friend has one and he is getting 17+mpg with 28,000mi,on truck. So you mite have a prob.
:idea: Mabe your E-Brake is on;)

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Was it your first time driving to the river??? :D
We have a F350 diesel and make it from Garden Grove to PArker and back on one tank.
Did you really think you could post that you ran out of gas on your way to the river and wouldn't get picked on?? ;)
haha nope... but haven't been to laughlin in a while! and first time with my diesel to laughlin. do you guys have a bigger tank?? the chevy shortbeds only come with 25-26 gallon tanks.
I may just have a dud :idea:

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Man 7 mpg, is this truck brand new, It takes me 1/4 tank+ aprox 12/13gal, from the 15/40 split to Needles 142mi, and that's with my 05 Excursion Diesel 4X4 w/boat that is 4,700lb empty at 75.
and to Havasu 253mi one-way and a bit of driving we do around town and home with 50gal, I have 80,000mi on Excursion.
And I know for a fact that the duramax gets better mpg than mine, Friend has one and he is getting 17+mpg with 28,000mi,on truck. So you mite have a prob.
:idea: Mabe your E-Brake is on;)
it has about 29k miles on it... so not too new? and trust me... I'm shocked / disappointed by the mileage I'm seeing. e-brake is off :)
and If I do have a problem... I doubt GM will warranty it... they will blame it on the 35's lol
this is my friends boat that I towed out... he claims it's about 4k lbs. I thought maybe the brakes on the trailer were bad, because they eventually went out. but on the drive home, with no brakes, it got the same MPG.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36033&stc=1&d=1185914888
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36034&stc=1&d=1185914949

meaniam
07-31-2007, 12:54 PM
the hell with you getting a beating for this. mistakes happen for christ sakes. my father 03 had a fuel float that would stick st half way then when freed dumped him on reserve. he ran out once. shit happens. gm roadside is not to leave you stranded.
i had the same problem 2 years ago heading home on cajon pass at the 138. had a diesel flip something up into my lane. i was towing swerved as much as i could but still clipped it with rear pass tire. blew out right away. anymore swerving would be dangerous. so i anyone that says it was avoidable and who fualt it really is. and it is not gm's problem can suck balls. roadside is a warrenty which is an insurance. inside that policy it says runs out of gas is covered. so it is GM'S problem along with his.
anyways sitting right before the exit of 138 call gm roadside same shit as described here. no one will take our p.o. sir. we will reimburse you for the charges. f- that. i went right up the ladder told them not my problem. they said use my credit card. that is when i told them to find a corp card and pay for the service. within 30 Min's they had a roadside truck there.
who cares if he ran out of gas. it is an insurance and a service billed into the price of the truck. it should be available 365 days a year 24 hours a day, in all of the U.S. unless excluded in the book.

meaniam
07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
it has about 29k miles on it... so not too new? and trust me... I'm shocked / disappointed by the mileage I'm seeing. e-brake is off :)
and If I do have a problem... I doubt GM will warranty it... they will blame it on the 35's lol
this is my friends boat that I towed out... he claims it's about 4k lbs. I thought maybe the brakes on the trailer were bad, because they eventually went out. but on the drive home, with no brakes, it got the same MPG.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36033&stc=1&d=1185914888
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36034&stc=1&d=1185914949
you are towing a big ass wall. the weight of the trailer plus the force at whatever speed. you can proably think of it as towing 10k lbs. poonton boats dont cut threw air. it is like a car trying to race with a huge parachute.

scarabrick2
07-31-2007, 01:03 PM
MAN That sucks
Next time you need help call this #. Don't tell anyone as its a direct access line. 702-824-9474

thatguy
07-31-2007, 01:23 PM
I am a Chevy guy through and through. But when it comes to my tow rig its Dodge all the way. Here is why.
15K cheaper than Chevy across the board. (2500 series, 4door,short bed, 4x4)
CUMMINS
19 MPG unloaded
12 MPG w/ 32' 5th wheel
16 MPG w/ 19' miller or 18' V-Drive
CUMMINS
Yeah, the auto-trannies are questionable, and they are not as plush inside as Chev's.(IMO)
BUT, My '05 has 72K and miliage just keeps getting better. It's getting traded in this year for '07 identicle.My buddies have Duramax's and they are fine trucks for sure. But they DO envy my miliage.
My Chevy roadside experiences have been much like yours.
That is why I don't even push the button anymore. I call my AAA Vip card and BAM they are there. Anywhere, anytime so far. (3 years) Good to know since my wife is by herself when I go to work for several weeks at a time. She has had AAA shops respond in as little as 10 minutes for a flat on I 5 near Redding.
I'll bet the shops who would not come to your aid were out on AAA calls. There is a reason NONE of the shops would respond to the Chevy assistance. I doubt it is because they were all lazy.
My advice is get AAA. The chevy roadside assistance would have been just as ineffective wether you ran out of gas or had a mechanical failure. Either way you would have still had no help. That I think is the point of this thread, is it not? :idea:
Tommy

dicudmore
07-31-2007, 01:48 PM
you are towing a big ass wall. the weight of the trailer plus the force at whatever speed. you can proably think of it as towing 10k lbs. poonton boats dont cut threw air. it is like a car trying to race with a huge parachute.
what he said...you are towing a BRICK WALL...my Dmax used to get about 8-10 towing a pontoon and 15 towing a much heavier 29' V-bottom

Tom Brown
07-31-2007, 01:54 PM
I thought maybe the brakes on the trailer were bad, because they eventually went out. but on the drive home, with no brakes, it got the same MPG.
You obviously don't know what the hell you're doing. I get 31 mpg towing a 40' fifth wheel at 85 mph up hill with my Duramax. :yuk:

OGShocker
07-31-2007, 02:00 PM
You obviously don't know what the hell you're doing. I get 31 mpg towing a 40' fifth wheel at 85 mph up hill with my Duramax. :yuk:
You forgot to add "in a headwind". :D:D:D

Tom Brown
07-31-2007, 02:02 PM
You forgot to add "in a headwind". :D:D:D
Thanks. I wrote that down for the next time I sell a vehicle on eBay.

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 02:04 PM
the hell with you getting a beating for this. mistakes happen for christ sakes. my father 03 had a fuel float that would stick st half way then when freed dumped him on reserve. he ran out once. shit happens. gm roadside is not to leave you stranded.
i had the same problem 2 years ago heading home on cajon pass at the 138. had a diesel flip something up into my lane. i was towing swerved as much as i could but still clipped it with rear pass tire. blew out right away. anymore swerving would be dangerous. so i anyone that says it was avoidable and who fualt it really is. and it is not gm's problem can suck balls. roadside is a warrenty which is an insurance. inside that policy it says runs out of gas is covered. so it is GM'S problem along with his.
anyways sitting right before the exit of 138 call gm roadside same shit as described here. no one will take our p.o. sir. we will reimburse you for the charges. f- that. i went right up the ladder told them not my problem. they said use my credit card. that is when i told them to find a corp card and pay for the service. within 30 Min's they had a roadside truck there.
who cares if he ran out of gas. it is an insurance and a service billed into the price of the truck. it should be available 365 days a year 24 hours a day, in all of the U.S. unless excluded in the book.
THANK YOU!!! :) Someone who actually gets the point of the thread!!

djunkie
07-31-2007, 02:08 PM
How fast were you towing? Now be honest cause if you say 55 we will all know your BS'ing us. I've towed a couple boats to Havasu and keep it at 65mph or less for the most part. (Ya I know the speed limit is 55 people :rolleyes: ) When I towed those times I averaged around 16 mpg and I was on it climbing the grade out of Indio. Now not towing I cruise between 75 and 80 and I get the same mileage. Got 17 this weekend though. If you want the mileage slow down a few mph and you'll see it............:idea: :idea:

djunkie
07-31-2007, 02:09 PM
THANK YOU!!! :) Someone who actually gets the point of the thread!!
Ya well he's goofy and has no credibility so he doesn't count. LOL!!!!!! J/K Meanian. :crossx: :crossx:

thatguy
07-31-2007, 02:09 PM
I am a Chevy guy through and through. But when it comes to my tow rig its Dodge all the way. Here is why.
15K cheaper than Chevy across the board. (2500 series, 4door,short bed, 4x4)
CUMMINS
19 MPG unloaded
12 MPG w/ 32' 5th wheel
16 MPG w/ 19' miller or 18' V-Drive
CUMMINS
Yeah, the auto-trannies are questionable, and they are not as plush inside as Chev's.(IMO)
BUT, My '05 has 72K and miliage just keeps getting better. It's getting traded in this year for '07 identicle.My buddies have Duramax's and they are fine trucks for sure. But they DO envy my miliage.
My Chevy roadside experiences have been much like yours.
That is why I don't even push the button anymore. I call my AAA Vip card and BAM they are there. Anywhere, anytime so far. (3 years) Good to know since my wife is by herself when I go to work for several weeks at a time. She has had AAA shops respond in as little as 10 minutes for a flat on I 5 near Redding.
I'll bet the shops who would not come to your aid were out on AAA calls. There is a reason NONE of the shops would respond to the Chevy assistance. I doubt it is because they were all lazy.
My advice is get AAA. The chevy roadside assistance would have been just as ineffective wether you ran out of gas or had a mechanical failure. Either way you would have still had no help. That I think is the point of this thread, is it not? :idea:
Tommy
I get it too. Read the last paragraph.:)

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 02:22 PM
I get it too. Read the last paragraph.:)
A big THANK YOU to you too :)
definitely will be getting some AAA.

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 02:25 PM
How fast were you towing? Now be honest cause if you say 55 we will all know your BS'ing us. I've towed a couple boats to Havasu and keep it at 65mph or less for the most part. (Ya I know the speed limit is 55 people :rolleyes: ) When I towed those times I averaged around 16 mpg and I was on it climbing the grade out of Indio. Now not towing I cruise between 75 and 80 and I get the same mileage. Got 17 this weekend though. If you want the mileage slow down a few mph and you'll see it............:idea: :idea:
while in tow... the speedo stayed between 55-65 atleast 80 % of the time. sometimes hit 70. and I'm sure it's a few MPH off due to the tires. I averaged right about what you did when mine was stock; but not towing when it was stock... it did more like 9-10 towing.

djunkie
07-31-2007, 02:28 PM
while in tow... the speedo stayed between 55-65 atleast 80 % of the time. sometimes hit 70. and I'm sure it's a few MPH off due to the tires. I averaged right about what you did when mine was stock; but not towing when it was stock... it did more like 9-10 towing.
Well then IF this is true then your shits f-ed up. The worst I've ever gotten in my duramax was 13. And that was when I was driving it around town in stop and go and I drive it like its a freakin race car. Now my truck is all stock except for I upped the tire size from the 245's to 265's.

Cole Trickle
07-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Our 06 Shortbed F350 4x4 will get about 14 MPG towing our 28' boat
It got 11 MPG towing my 21' box trailer that probably weighed 3K pounds less. Like mentioned your towing a block wall.
I am not sure if the Excursions and Long Bed trucks have a bigger tank but we usually have about 125 miles left on the gas meter driving from OC to Parker. We have never been close to being able to drive round trip.

boats&bars
07-31-2007, 03:05 PM
you might want to send you truck in and check it out. my 01 got 17 towing and 24 highway with 33s Im sure there are more people on the boards that can chime in on this one.

Tom Brown
07-31-2007, 03:25 PM
It pisses me off to no end that I'm even contemplating a serious post but you people leave me no choice. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Roadside assistance is insurance. How do you think it's going to go, most of the time?
When you buy a $100 microwave at BestBuy and they sell you the $35 full two year replacement extended warranty, how do you suppose it's going to go when it blows up after 18 months? You take it in, they don't want to talk to you. If you're forcefull, they will tell you the warranty has nothing to do with them. If you're lucky, they'll give you a pamphlet with warranty details on it. After reading that pamphlet, you will learn that warranty requires three repair quotes.... so you take your microwave to three service outlets and get three quotes... of course, you pay for those quotes. You're probably at $200 by now. Let's say the quotes are free. Let's say, you get the quotes, write to them and have them send you the claim form, you fill in the service claim form, and you send it all away. Further, let's assume you've dotted every 'I' and crossed every 'T' the way they want you to. Do you suppose they'll be pricks about that? .... so you send it away and, guess what? Your claim is disallowed for some reason. Perhaps one of the service outlets is not on their non-published list of allowable service outlets or perhaps the actual problem... that being that the microwave is totally fu(ked, is on their list of problems that are covered.
Let's talk about extended vehicle warranties. Any bets on how well those claims are going to go? Has anyone ever been happy with their extended warranty?
... so someone breaks into your house and takes your shit. No problem, you are insured up the ass all the way to your pancreas. Do you suppose they replace all your shit with no problems? How old is your stuff? We need bills of sale and documentation of condition so we can correctly depreciate the item. Did we mention replacement cost policy doesn't cover consumer electronics? So... what did the thieves take? Did they take your fridge and stove? That's too bad... we could cover those things at replacement value.
Why do so many people have an insurance fetish? It seems like everyone wants to insure themselves to the limit so they don't have to worry about it. No problem. Let me tell you, when your stuff gets swiped or your shit breaks, you've got plenty to worry about. Insurance companies (warranty companies are insurance companies) make tons of money. They don't make money by giving excellent service and being agreeable with claims. They make insane amounts of money by providing a trite apology and a dial tone.
When I sued an insurance company, my lawyer told me the only thing you're buying when you purchase an insurance policy is the right to sue the insurance company under certain conditions. He told me our odds of winning were close to 100%. He was right. As he explained it, this is just how they pay under many circumstances.

Jbb
07-31-2007, 03:28 PM
It pisses me off to no end that I'm even contemplating a serious post but you people leave me no choice. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
....You are such a loser......:p

blown65
07-31-2007, 03:30 PM
7mpg sounds pathetic to me towing that. I also have an 05 Chipped and running 36's. With the 10k lb cat behind towing over the passes to get to Shasta I still get near 12mpg. (45k miles on the speedo now) 18 on the highway is no problem unloaded. (yes, all hand calculated too, not on the DIC)
Something is wrong with your truck if its getting 7.

Jbb
07-31-2007, 03:43 PM
When I sued an insurance company, my lawyer told me the only thing you're buying when you purchase an insurance policy is the right to sue the insurance company under certain conditions. He told me our odds of winning were close to 100%. He was right. As he explained it, this is just how they pay under many circumstances.
Was that the lawsuit you filed when they refused to pay... when your inflatable girlfriend split a seam?.....:jawdrop:

Tom Brown
07-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Was that the lawsuit you filed when they refused to pay... when your inflatable girlfriend split a seam?.....:jawdrop:
It wasn't about a total refusal to pay, as much as it was about the horrendous rate at which they depreciate blow up sex dolls. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

thatguy
07-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Roadside assistance is insurance. How do you think it's going to go, most of the time?
When you buy a $100 microwave at BestBuy and they sell you the $35 full two year replacement extended warranty, how do you suppose it's going to go when it blows up after 18 months? You take it in, they don't want to talk to you. If you're forcefull, they will tell you the warranty has nothing to do with them. If you're lucky, they'll give you a pamphlet with warranty details on it. After reading that pamphlet, you will learn that warranty requires three repair quotes.... so you take your microwave to three service outlets and get three quotes... of course, you pay for those quotes. You're probably at $200 by now. Let's say the quotes are free. Let's say, you get the quotes, write to them and have them send you the claim form, you fill in the service claim form, and you send it all away. Further, let's assume you've dotted every 'I' and crossed every 'T' the way they want you to. Do you suppose they'll be pricks about that? .... so you send it away and, guess what? Your claim is disallowed for some reason. Perhaps one of the service outlets is not on their non-published list of allowable service outlets or perhaps the actual problem... that being that the microwave is totally fu(ked, is on their list of problems that are covered.
Let's talk about extended vehicle warranties. Any bets on how well those claims are going to go? Has anyone ever been happy with their extended warranty?
... so someone breaks into your house and takes your shit. No problem, you are insured up the ass all the way to your pancreas. Do you suppose they replace all your shit with no problems? How old is your stuff? We need bills of sale and documentation of condition so we can correctly depreciate the item. Did we mention replacement cost policy doesn't cover consumer electronics? So... what did the thieves take? Did they take your fridge and stove? That's too bad... we could cover those things at replacement value.
Why do so many people have an insurance fetish? It seems like everyone wants to insure themselves to the limit so they don't have to worry about it. No problem. Let me tell you, when your stuff gets swiped or your shit breaks, you've got plenty to worry about. Insurance companies (warranty companies are insurance companies) make tons of money. They don't make money by giving excellent service and being agreeable with claims. They make insane amounts of money by providing a trite apology and a dial tone.
That is a little overly pesimistic I think, but more or less the reality of it. HOWEVER, My triple A has always come through with shining colors, in the narrow confines of roadside assistance "insurance".
Roadside assistance constitutes a safety and emergency situation in many cases and should be proportianatly reliable. Chevy's is not. AAA has been for me.

framer1
07-31-2007, 03:54 PM
That running out of fuel thing is why 2 weeks after I bought my Duramax I replaced the stock tank with a 45 gallon one. I have to a agree that they don't get that good of miles towing. With that stock 26 gallon tank I think I would try and bring at least a 5 gallon can of diesel with me:idea:

Biglue
07-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Bit of advice for you bro. Top off the tanks at Barstow. No matter how much mileage per gallon you get. You never know what will arise between Barstow and the 95. I drive a gasser HD and theoritically(sp) I should have enough gas at 11-12 MPG towing to get to Terrible Herbst at the 95. WOuld I risk it on fumes after all those grades......not really.
And yeah, don't blame GM's roadside assistance for your planning or lack there of. LOL. ;) :D

desertbird
07-31-2007, 04:07 PM
ok, I'll stir the pot....RioDog has a nice post above me.
Let me get this straight..... It's GM's fault you ran outta gas, and passed 12 stations between the interchange and Goffs...
...it's the bartender's fault you were driving drunk,
... RJ Reynolds fault you have lung cancer,
... it's Smith & Wesson's fault guns kill people
and
you think Hillary would make an awesome president. :jawdrop:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sherpa
07-31-2007, 04:08 PM
wholly crap, only 7 mpg-?? only pulling 4k-??
--my POS 90 7.3 non turbo ford gets about 15 pulling 3500, plus carrying
3k camper.......
--Sherpa

thatguy
07-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Reality check,
His post is about GM's assistance program. Why he got stranded is immaterial.

meaniam
07-31-2007, 04:36 PM
ok, I'll stir the pot....RioDog has a nice post above me.
Let me get this straight..... It's GM's fault you ran outta gas, and passed 12 stations between the interchange and Goffs...
...it's the bartender's fault you were driving drunk,
... RJ Reynolds fault you have lung cancer,
... it's Smith & Wesson's fault guns kill people
and
you think Hillary would make an awesome president. :jawdrop:
:D :D
luckily we had a friend turn around and come back to bring us same fuel!
man i kinda think everyone is a bit harsh on this guy. i don't know if there is a bit of history between some of you and empire and that is the reason for this.
but i fail to see anything that says he blames roadside for him running out of gas. just that he was upset roadside wasn't there when he needed it.he blames everyone else but roadside for running out of gas.:D I am sure it wasn't meant to come out that way. i imagine he finds fault in himself. for taking other peoples word. but we dont know the other people or thier habits. so i would feel comfortable enough to comment. if his friend is pretty reliable, and has more knowledge in something. i would have listened to. but shit i think the purpose of this post was that, he was let down with gm roadside was he not. if i carry roadside asst. on all my cars should i have AAA to? i wouldn't think so.

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Whine, bitch and complain all you want and keep on finding fault with a. GM roadside assistance. b. Gm for building a truck with a small fuel tank. c. that isn't getting 35 mpg. d. and 'whomever for not building a fuel stop at every off ramp on I-40. e.your friend for bad advice. SSHHEEEESH !
What are you? Fri(ken sssttooooppiidd? YOU are the one that didn't do your homework and are trying to blame every one and everything else for your fu(kup. Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions crybaby.
YOU knew what kind of mileage YOUR truck was getting. You knew how much diesel your truck held. You should have checked on fuel availability across the desert. YOU should have planned for unexpected problems on a trip across the desert in the summertime. YOU didn't have to take your friends bad advice.
We've had some immature, no-load fu(ktards on this board before but YOU gotta be the all time winner. Nothing was your fault you're just a victim of circumstances. Grow up and when your nuts drop then you'll see what an as* you've made of yourself.
Your post disgusts me,
Rio:devil:
YOU are a dumbass... and so is desertbird
learn to read.... and then look up the the word misconception, or misunderstanding... because that is what you just did.

Tom Brown
07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
YOU are a dumbass... and so is desertbird
I like your style, EmpirE231. :D
You have to admit, those guys make for some great reading. :D :D :D

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 04:48 PM
damn I shouldn't even have to explain myself on this subject.
I have said, more than once, that it was my fault that I ran out of fuel! did I blame anyone else? anywhere in this thread?????????? no!!!!!!!
I said "GM roadside assistance SUCKS!!" I never said GM roadside was the reason I ran out of fuel.... or that it's ****ing GM's fault for having a small tank... blah blah or all the other dumb crap you just made up yourself. I never claimed to be a victim of anything... other than GM's roadside services BAD SERVICE. and I think 2 or 3 other people shared similar experiences with GM's ROADSIDE SERVICE. there... is that a lil easier to understand????? :idea: I might be able to clear it up even more if you still want to jump to conclusions.

thatguy
07-31-2007, 04:48 PM
man i kinda think everyone is a bit harsh on this guy. i don't know if there is a bit of history between some of you and empire and that is the reason for this.
but i fail to see anything that says he blames roadside for him running out of gas. just that he was upset roadside wasn't there when he needed it.he blames everyone else but roadside for running out of gas.:D I am sure it wasn't meant to come out that way. i imagine he finds fault in himself. for taking other peoples word. but we dont know the other people or thier habits. so i would feel comfortable enough to comment. if his friend is pretty reliable, and has more knowledge in something. i would have listened to. but shit i think the purpose of this post was that, he was let down with gm roadside was he not. if i carry roadside asst. on all my cars should i have AAA to? i wouldn't think so.
No, I wouldn't think so either, but I am glad I have AAA also. I never had it in my life until I married my wife 3 years ago. Thought it a waste of money. She talked me into it. But I can say now I won't be without it again as long as I drive and work away from home.
It has proven to be a wise and productive investment!
Tommy

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Nope... no history here with any of these guys? some guys in the begining were just having fun.
but we dont know the other people or thier habits. so i would feel comfortable enough to comment. if his friend is pretty reliable, and has more knowledge in something. i would have listened to. but shit i think the purpose of this post was that, he was let down with gm roadside was he not. if i carry roadside asst. on all my cars should i have AAA to? i wouldn't think so.
yep.. the friend is realiable, and I haven't been to laughlin in over 3 years... and for the 1st time with a diesel. we did make it to the exit before Goffs road... and there were no diesel stations open.

EmpirE231
07-31-2007, 04:53 PM
I like your style, EmpirE231. :D
You have to admit, those guys make for some great reading. :D :D :D

finsfan4life
07-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Well i used my AAA today for my 2004 Saturn. Great car, first time if left us hanging !!!! I have the AAA premier account. I asked for a flatbed, they said mo prob...Towed my want a be Lexus with no problems...I didnt even think about using the GM roadside.....

Rvr Swpr
07-31-2007, 10:08 PM
You blew by Tanger? Next chance NBsprings, Then Ludlow. At least it will not happen again.If you would have been on the 10,Desert Center would have been a good place to spend the week-end.

djunkie
08-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Whine, bitch and complain all you want and keep on finding fault with a. GM roadside assistance. b. Gm for building a truck with a small fuel tank. c. that isn't getting 35 mpg. d. and 'whomever for not building a fuel stop at every off ramp on I-40. e.your friend for bad advice. SSHHEEEESH !
What are you? Fri(ken sssttooooppiidd? YOU are the one that didn't do your homework and are trying to blame every one and everything else for your fu(kup. Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions crybaby.
YOU knew what kind of mileage YOUR truck was getting. You knew how much diesel your truck held. You should have checked on fuel availability across the desert. YOU should have planned for unexpected problems on a trip across the desert in the summertime. YOU didn't have to take your friends bad advice.
We've had some immature, no-load fu(ktards on this board before but YOU gotta be the all time winner. Nothing was your fault you're just a victim of circumstances. Grow up and when your nuts drop then you'll see what an as* you've made of yourself.
Your post disgusts me,
Rio:devil:
Winner winner winner. You really should get a prize for these posts Rio. :D :D

thatguy
08-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Well i used my AAA today for my 2004 Saturn. Great car, first time if left us hanging !!!! I have the AAA premier account. I asked for a flatbed, they said mo prob...Towed my want a be Lexus with no problems...I didnt even think about using the GM roadside.....
There you have it!
Tommy

Dan Lorenze
08-01-2007, 08:56 AM
I always top off in Barstow just for piece of mind..

EmpirE231
08-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Gosh :rolleyes: you must be one bored old man... thinking he's making the online message board world a better place.
next time I blow out all four tires on my truck, or have a mechanical faliure... and my roadside service lets me down... I will just sack it up to make you proud!! !! FOCK the service I paid for!! yeah!!!
anywho... yes top-offs from here on out! I always usually do... 1st time I ever ran out of fuel in my 10 years of driving or so.... not too bad. ;)

Tom Brown
08-01-2007, 10:47 AM
... thinking he's making the online message board world a better place.
I think Rio is a good guy and I get a kick out of his posts.
Who doesn't get a kick out of a guy who will kick a door in before checking to see if it's locked?

thatguy
08-01-2007, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=riodog;2706246]Tommy that's cuz we both sit here in total amazement at some of the posts and our replies are mostly just to see what kind of a rise we get out of the thread starter. Lot's of thinskinned peeps on this board that can only read what they want to.
Wow, Now that is REAL boredom!
Tommy