PDA

View Full Version : Oil press and water temp senders.

Danhercules
07-31-2007, 01:02 PM
I need senders. I need to match them to my gauges. How do I tell on the gauges what sender I need?

vee-driven
07-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Call the guage manufacturer and tell them what gauges you have and what senders you need, that might be the easiest way.

CPBRIAN10THMTN
07-31-2007, 01:17 PM
If there is no brand on the gauge look at the back of one of the gauges and sometimes it will give you a name or a manufacturer, or call the boat manufacturer and ask them what kind of gauges they are. Really you just need to know the ohms to find the right senders.

CPBRIAN10THMTN
07-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Most part stores like CP and others carry the big name ones, autometer, stewie warner, livorsi, gaffrig, teleflex etc.

sleekcrafter
07-31-2007, 07:39 PM
The senders in the chebby will work in the ferd :confused: unless they are not working of course

jetboatperformance
07-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Dan your oil sender value needs to match your guage eg 80 psi oil get 80 psi sender 100 guage gets 100 sender etc most generic temp senders will work accurately with almost any brand temp guage ....Tom

Danhercules
07-31-2007, 08:11 PM
The senders in the chebby will work in the ferd :confused: unless they are not working of course
I sold the Chevy complete. I have no senders.
I was a little unclear. I know there are diffrent ohms for the gauges, my question is how do I tell on the gauges I have, what ohm sender to get.

flat broke
07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Dan,
First question is what kind of gauges do you have. With that information in hand, call your good friends at Rex marine and they should be able to get you the appropriate sender for most anything out there from SW, to Autometer, to Livorsi, to Faria, and every re-badged gauge that is orriginally manufactured by Beede.
When you go to Westech, Steve will have senders to use with the telemetry on the dyno. This way you will get an accurate reading on your pressures and temperatures on your dyno sheets which you can then reference against your gauges when you install the engine in the boat. If you have a good electronic timing light, you can use that to double check your tach for accuracy once everything is in the boat. If you don't have such a light, give me a jingle and you're welcome to borrow mine.
Chris