PDA

View Full Version : Torque-Shift Props?

C'Mate
08-04-2001, 06:48 PM
I am looking for some feedback on any of the shifting props. I considering putting one on a 21 foot Checkmate Starliner with a 220 hp outboard so any information on a comparable hull would be greatly appreciated.

drewvir
08-07-2001, 05:03 PM
the only thing i've ever heard about the shifters is their junk.too bad,it is a nice idea

HEDO
08-17-2001, 07:08 PM
tried one on a v8 johnson. it blew the springs off the blades.will try it again when i get new springs. you cant surface these props
Originally posted by C'Mate:
I am looking for some feedback on any of the shifting props. I considering putting one on a 21 foot Checkmate Starliner with a 220 hp outboard so any information on a comparable hull would be greatly appreciated.

DANS66STEVENS
09-24-2001, 03:06 PM
I know a guy who ran one for years.He did alot of skiing. I know he worked alot with the company. They sent him different springs,blades and other stuff.He couldn't say enough good stuff about them.

WOODY
09-25-2001, 08:06 AM
Torque-Shift prop is ok if you don't run to high, can't break surface.
Have one with acc. & extra blade for sale,14/32 solid hub $1000.00 CDN. like new
woody

obboy
11-23-2001, 08:18 AM
Stay away from the Torque-Shift by Land and Sea. It's great for commercial type boats but for high running performance boats it tends to come apart. There is another brand that begins with an "A" but I can't remember the name. Used to be advertised in Hot Boat. I have heard that this is the better one. As the others have said.. don't run this type of prop in the surface, bad things tend to happen.

check88
11-24-2001, 05:32 PM
get yourself a good 3 blade chopper-i run a 27 mazco on a starflite and with the silly thing running on only 5 cylinders i gps'ed at almost 70 mph.the shifty props are only good for rigs that are so under powered that they need some help.