PDA

View Full Version : Who was testing at Irvine lake?

dossangers
07-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Who was out there geting dialed in??????

BILLY.B
07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Jack "BRODY KNOB" Landers, & Don "GLASS HOUSE" Muma.

Jetboatguru
07-31-2007, 05:13 PM
ANy chance of seeing the Brody knob and glass house at The Beach?:eek:

Mid-life Crisis
07-31-2007, 08:18 PM
I played hooky from work and went out there today. Jack did a great job on the boat. The other guy was a no show... These pics are from my cell phone and don't do it justice. Sorry, no action shots...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_one.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Photo_07.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_three.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_five.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_four.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_Seven.jpg

Catalina
07-31-2007, 09:38 PM
that thing must be amazing in person!:eek: :eek:

Boat211
08-01-2007, 04:43 AM
Very nice!

adjones419
08-01-2007, 04:44 AM
That's a sweet looking hotrod!

Gilles
08-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Who's driving k-27 ? Name boat ? Owner ? Engine ? Please:)
I played hooky from work and went out there today. Jack did a great job on the boat. The other guy was a no show... These pics are from my cell phone and don't do it justice. Sorry, no action shots...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_one.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Photo_07.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_three.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_five.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_four.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/K-27_Seven.jpg

Mid-life Crisis
08-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Jack Landers (former owner of the K-16 spitfire that John Guthrie drove for years) owns and drives the boat. It has a Larry Dalhoff engine in it. Don't know the specs on the engine but rumor has it that he's built 2 bullets in anticpation for racing Long Beach and other venues.:D Between him and Jerry Griffin's K-32 entry into the race circuit, the K class should look pretty strong in the coming years! :)

Jetboatguru
08-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Jack Landers (former owner of the K-16 spitfire that John Guthrie drove for years) owns and drives the boat. It has a Larry Dalhoff engine in it. Don't know the specs on the engine but rumor has it that he's built 2 bullets in anticpation for racing Long Beach and other venues.:D the K class should look pretty strong in the coming years! :)
RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
6 boats in Burley
4 boats in Washington
6 boats in Long Beach ( we are bringing 2 of them)
4 boats in Parker
6 boats n Bakersfield (We brought 2 of them)
The class is really flourishing!:rolleyes:
Pretty sure there will be two less boats next year.

Mid-life Crisis
08-01-2007, 08:18 AM
RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
6 boats in Burley
4 boats in Washington
4 boats in Parker
Patience Tony, Bandelin's building a new boat, Clyde Morgan's K-13 is rumored to be possibly making it to the Beach and I am definately working on getting my stuff ready for racing. From what I'm seeing in this area, there is alot of K activity going on. They just need a little shove off the cliff!!:idea:

dossangers
08-01-2007, 08:19 AM
RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
6 boats in Burley
4 boats in Washington
4 boats in Parker
It only takes MONEY so when i win the LOTTO I already have my toater/stacker picked out!!! then ill be at every race!!! and divorced:( :(

rossdbos
08-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Race Fans:
I am currently working on the K-Boat World Championship Challenge- U.S. vs. Australia & New Zealand at the Stadium next August and then a 2nd venue to be announced the following weekend! The K's are definitely growing!
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

mostly crue
08-01-2007, 08:41 AM
I was in havasu yesterday and I don't think joey has had a chance to start Bandelin's hull yet. But,there is a certain female crackerbox racer that may throw her hat into the K boat class in the coming year.

Jetboatguru
08-01-2007, 08:53 AM
It only takes MONEY so when i win the LOTTO I already have my toater/stacker picked out!!! then ill be at every race!!! and divorced:( :(
I'm taking that as a swipe Wayne. Are you saying that you can't afford to go racing? Or are you saying that you should only go racing if you have won the lottery and own a toter/stacker. This isn't the first time you have mad a comment like this. I believe the last one was ""when you are paying the bills come talk to me." I will ask you this in an open forum Wayne, DO YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE FACT THAT WE ARE SPONSORED? You really don't seem to be hurting for cash. Nice Mercedes, multiple trucks, genuine duplicate of the K50. You have all the equipment to race. A weekend of racing would cost you grand maybe. Long Beach probably cost you a little less. I am glad that you are able to scrape the money up for Long Beach.
See ya there.
Steve,
out of patience. Been in this deal now since 04 and it has gone backwards. There are certain teams that race hard and are always there. If they are not there they busted their asses trying and just couldnt make it. You had a chance to go to Burley to test and learn your boat. I understand you hurt the motor again in Irvine, but you had no intentions of going to Burley. There was a thousand bucks for you, rescue, countless years of knowledge to help you with Rankin and Gordy etc. In my opinion (and that's all it is) You should have been working towards that. You would have been one more boat to the count. Sometimes it is not about the racers it's about the show and the people that come to watch. When people come to watch they pay to get in. When they pay to get in the promoter makes money. When the promoter makes money he can afford to put on a show next year. When he puts on a show next year he realizes how important the boats are and he pay$ the boats to show up.
Now I know that there are people that say they don't race for the crowd, they race for themselves and that is cool. But it really sours me when I am rounding up money for the class to pay out to the boats.
By the way,
Beautiful Boat Jack.
Tony Scarlata

Mid-life Crisis
08-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Steve,
out of patience. Been in this deal now since 04 and it has gone backwards. There are certain teams that race hard and are always there. If they are not there they busted their asses trying and just couldnt make it. You had a chance to go to Burley to test and learn your boat. I understand you hurt the motor again in Irvine, but you had no intentions of going to Burley. There was a thousand bucks for you, rescue, countless years of knowledge to help you with Rankin and Gordy etc. In my opinion (and that's all it is) You should have been working towards that. You would have been one more boat to the count. Sometimes it is not about the racers it's about the show and the people that come to watch. When people come to watch they pay to get in. When they pay to get in the promoter makes money. When the promoter makes money he can afford to put on a show next year. When he puts on a show next year he realizes how important the boats are and he pay$ the boats to show up.
Now I know that there are people that say they don't race for the crowd, they race for themselves and that is cool. But it really sours me when I am rounding up money for the class to pay out to the boats.
By the way,
Beautiful Boat Jack.
Tony Scarlata
You're wrong about me having no intentions to go to Burley with my boat. I booked 2 rooms for that race in early March, one for me and one for my "mechanic" just before the bakersfield test session. I figured I had enough time to get familiar with the boat and be able to participate. Since March, I've been POURING money into this thing for the last 4 months and I've only got about a 1/2 hour of seat time and 2 engine rebuilds. Instead of NOT showing up to Burley and selling my rooms I offered the extra room to Jerry Griffin so that he could film the event and we could go have a good time. I don't think Burley is a good example to draw from here. It would be a shame if you pulled out of K racing now because you do carry a great enthusiasm for this sport and bring alot to the table by being the rock that shows up to EVERY race. Hope to see you out there soon!
Steve

dossangers
08-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm taking that as a swipe Wayne. Are you saying that you can't afford to go racing? Or are you saying that you should only go racing if you have won the lottery and own a toter/stacker. This isn't the first time you have mad a comment like this. I believe the last one was ""when you are paying the bills come talk to me." I will ask you this in an open forum Wayne, DO YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE FACT THAT WE ARE SPONSORED? You really don't seem to be hurting for cash. Nice Mercedes, multiple trucks, genuine duplicate of the K50. You have all the equipment to race. A weekend of racing would cost you grand maybe. Long Beach probably cost you a little less. I am glad that you are able to scrape the money up for Long Beach.
See ya there.
Steve,
By the way,
Beautiful Boat Jack.
Tony Scarlata
Tony Tony relax a little sensitive? If i were to race full time i would have a race rig/big trailer! Have you seen how much shit i cram in my truck ! I commend Craig for stepping up im actully jealous! I have to work every other weekend so i cant go to all the races anyway! If you want to race competivily it takes a grip of cash! Im only doing it for FUN like i said before!
SEE YA AT THE BEEEEAACCH!!!!!!!

Jetboatguru
08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
You're wrong about me having no intentions to go to Burley with my boat. I booked 2 rooms for that race in early March, one for me and one for my "mechanic" just before the bakersfield test session. I figured I had enough time to get familiar with the boat and be able to participate. Since March, I've been POURING money into this thing for the last 4 months and I've only got about a 1/2 hour of seat time and 2 engine rebuilds. Instead of NOT showing up to Burley and selling my rooms I offered the extra room to Jerry Griffin so that he could film the event and we could go have a good time. I don't think Burley is a good example to draw from here. It would be a shame if you pulled out of K racing now because you do carry a great enthusiasm for this sport and bring alot to the table by being the rock that shows up to EVERY race. Hope to see you out there soon!
Steve
Steve,
you and I had conversations about Burley and you stated that you did not feel comfortable because you are too much of a competitive person and did not want to put yourself into a race type situation. I'm cool with that. It is very frustrating to see the class dwindle in numbers when you have guys like Ross busting his ass putting on events. As far as POURING a grip of money into these things. I have been there and I get it. I paid 21K for the Hobbitt ran 2 races and had a blown up motor and a tore up boat. It's the nature of the beast. Don't take what I am saying personally Steve. The goal from the onset of this deal was to try to bring back the class and build it. Craig is the one that has been a rock through all of it. His trailer is a veritable parts store on wheels for anyone who needs it. I guess I am just venting because "The Beach" seems to carry so much tradition and to only count 6 boats (2 of them from one team) seems a little weak.
Wayne,
I don't know if I am very sensitive about the issue, I would call it passionate. I was not pointing a finger at you in my first post. Quite the contrary, I was supporting you for being out there and doing it. There are lots of K boats in people's garages and I am looking for what it takes to get them out on the water.
Tony

dossangers
08-01-2007, 03:09 PM
With all the K boats being built or finished i wish they would all run them at long beach it dosnt matter how fast you are its just bitchen to drive your boat at a race track! Im hooked If i can do it anybody can! Im running the SENIOR VET CLASS !!! Craig knows what im talking about!!:D :D

FlatStupid
08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
So here I am standing meekly on the sidelines and Doss feels the need to cuff me around! Thanks a$$hole.:D

dossangers
08-01-2007, 03:34 PM
The only problem with the senior vet class is there FASTER than they used to BE! I got slower! Hey Craig Julian called wants to know when that desert rides Happening!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!

MAXIMUS
08-01-2007, 03:36 PM
So here I am standing meekly on the sidelines and Doss feels the need to cuff me around! Thanks a$$hole.:D
So hot shot what about shoeing a 3rd boat???:D

MAXIMUS
08-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Steve,
you and I had conversations about Burley and you stated that you did not feel comfortable because you are too much of a competitive person and did not want to put yourself into a race type situation. I'm cool with that. It is very frustrating to see the class dwindle in numbers when you have guys like Ross busting his ass putting on events. As far as POURING a grip of money into these things. I have been there and I get it. I paid 21K for the Hobbitt ran 2 races and had a blown up motor and a tore up boat. It's the nature of the beast. Don't take what I am saying personally Steve. The goal from the onset of this deal was to try to bring back the class and build it. Craig is the one that has been a rock through all of it. His trailer is a veritable parts store on wheels for anyone who needs it. I guess I am just venting because "The Beach" seems to carry so much tradition and to only count 6 boats (2 of them from one team) seems a little weak.
Wayne,
I don't know if I am very sensitive about the issue, I would call it passionate. I was not pointing a finger at you in my first post. Quite the contrary, I was supporting you for being out there and doing it. There are lots of K boats in people's garages and I am looking for what it takes to get them out on the water.
Tony
Ok thats it! Get a box of tampax out quick... tony is bleeding to death!:rolleyes: Bitch there will come a time where you are going to be saying to me... I remember when I used to win! :devil: :D lol

FlatStupid
08-01-2007, 03:38 PM
So hot shot what about shoeing a 3rd boat???:DJeez I be lucky to get that thing in gear.:sqeyes:

dossangers
08-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I remember Craig at the river in his sanger and he NEVER lifted 1/2 mile straights Flat out hense the Name "Flat Smart''

FlatStupid
08-01-2007, 03:47 PM
The only thing I learned at the river was not to do that with Nancy in the boat. OUCH!:(

JOHNNY44
08-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Talk about K-boats just sitting in garages, up here in Vegas I have seen the real " Coldfire " boat that George Stratton drove in Kim Gregorys garage. Its pretty much ready to run, I wish he'd bring that thing out again. It was pretty fast back in the 90's.

ZRCTION
08-02-2007, 04:09 AM
Glad to see K-27 didn't have problems turning this time out.:D I heard there was a little set back on it's maiden voyage.

MAXIMUS
08-02-2007, 09:07 AM
The K boats are all washed up... soon they will vanish! POOF! gone...:devil: Then all the lonely nutless drivers can cross over to GN racing & life will be complete again!:)

Rattle Can Lou
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
The K boats are all washed up... soon they will vanish! POOF! gone...:devil: Then all the lonely nutless drivers can cross over to GN racing & life will be complete again!:)
This sounds like an Elton John song and the movie title reads...."When Tony crossed over"...Starring that fun lovin guy...Jackie Chan..no,no how about...Chris Tucker?....no, no how about Don Ho...nah that dude's dead, the guy needs to look like Brad Pitt...are you kidding me!!! That dude is all white and shit! I can see it now, Elton belting the song..."The Circle of Life" while Jackie Chan get's his ass handed to him by an older gentlemen played by Mel Brooks...yeah, that's the ticket!!!

Jetboatguru
08-02-2007, 09:51 AM
This sounds like an Elton John song and the movie title reads...."When Tony crossed over"...Starring that fun lovin guy...Jackie Chan..no,no how about...Chris Tucker?....no, no how about Don Ho...nah that dude's dead, the guy needs to look like Brad Pitt...are you kidding me!!! That dude is all white and shit! I can see it now, Elton belting the song..."The Circle of Life" while Jackie Chan get's his ass handed to him by an older gentlemen played by Mel Brooks...yeah, that's the ticket!!!
What about the round little guy that gets poked in the rump by the owner of the GN305? Played by RCL who never goes out of character even after the filming is done. Nice!
Maxipus,
GN is a great looking class but why would we spoil your fun? You have worked hard to get to the top and to have it go away in one winter would be devastating. We are not that ruthless.

Wildchild80
08-02-2007, 12:23 PM
I would drive a GN but you don't get really good at it until you are at least 65 years old. I have to wait at least 20 more years. But I would like to practice some more

Rattle Can Lou
08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Rank the Yank wants in the movie tooo...that is so coooool. Let's see, who could play him??? Maybe "Rock the Dock" Hudson...no, that won't work. The Gran Wizzer and Maxipuss already got to him...I wanna know if Gorgy wants in, got Mickey Rooney already lined up....

MAXIMUS
08-02-2007, 02:48 PM
What about the round little guy that gets poked in the rump by the owner of the GN305? Played by RCL who never goes out of character even after the filming is done. Nice!
Maxipus,
GN is a great looking class but why would we spoil your fun? You have worked hard to get to the top and to have it go away in one winter would be devastating. We are not that ruthless.
You know I am jacking with ya... "We" with the help of Spankin Rankin are supporting the K's as soon as we are able... and trying to keep the GN sport healthy as well. If I didn't have to work I would have a Cracker, PS, SS, trihull, Bass boat, One of them unlimited hydro deals with 2 jet motors & I would produce the first movie with RCL as the director!:D

MAXIMUS
08-02-2007, 02:50 PM
You are one sick little man... High altitude killz! :messedup:

MAXIMUS
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
GN is a great looking class but why would we spoil your fun? You have worked hard to get to the top and to have it go away in one winter would be devastating. We are not that ruthless.[/QUOTE]
Maybe we should put on a little exhibition deal at Bako. You could take the cone out & show the one arm bandit how to turn while he chases you around in the spanish gallion !:confused: That would be cool...:)