PDA

View Full Version : congrats to me

marty722
07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Well 2 years ago my Dr put me on Methadone for a very bad back injury and they wont do surgery cause they are afraid that it would mess it up worst. Well to save my marriage I just got home from a 10 day detox center and I think I have it whipped...So now I need to take other actions to releive the back pain... I have tried everything so far but I'm going back to step one again and starting all over to see what will work... Of course in the mean time I still have to hold down a 40hr job... Just want to brag alittle as this was a tough battle but now I can say I'm clean for now....I prayed and prayed and it works, God was with me through out the whole time... Amen.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Well 2 years ago my Dr put me on Methadone for a very bad back injury and they wont do surgery cause they are afraid that it would mess it up worst. Well to save my marriage I just got home from a 10 day detox center and I think I have it whipped...So now I need to take other actions to releive the back pain... I have tried everything so far but I'm going back to step one again and starting all over to see what will work... Of course in the mean time I still have to hold down a 40hr job... Just want to brag alittle as this was a tough battle but now I can say I'm clean for now....I prayed and prayed and it works, God was with me through out the whole time... Amen.
Congrats to you.. very proud.. keep up the great work :)

pw_Tony
07-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Good for you Marty! Now that you're all better...... get goin on the boat:D

RitcheyRch
07-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Congrats

MRSDRMCAT
07-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Thats awesome!! STAY STRONG!!!!;)

adjones419
07-31-2007, 06:01 PM
Way to go! Keep it up...you can do it!

boatnaked
07-31-2007, 06:19 PM
congrads on the kicking the drugs, i don't know what happened or what is wrong but you might want to try this.
I hurt my back 16 years ago and the Doc didn't want to do surgery so he put me on "Feldene or Fedlene" not sure of the spelling but it took a couple months and quit taking the pills after about 3 or 4 monts, but have been pain free all these years!

Wild Horses
07-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Keep up the good fight!!!!

bchbum
07-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Congrats , That's a hard thing to kick . I hope it helps your mariage too.

marty722
08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
thanks everyone yes the marriage is good now that I finally woke up and saw what the problem was but not I need to get with my Dr and come up with a plan on how to deal with the pain. I'm going to do a trial stimulator for the spin and see how that goes... Thanks again for all of the wishes. This is one of the hardest things that I have ever gone through. The withdrawls are still there and it really sucks to deal with them but I'm going to be strong as I think about myy daughter and wife and don't want to lose them and of course I'm doing this for myself most of all.... Thanks again.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Good for you. Back pain is the worst. It is such a constant pain that I feel it's much worse than childbirth. Good luck on your battle to control it and congrats for kicking the methadone.

Hallett
08-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Great news Marty you can do it one day @ a time .
i was in the same boat with pain pills at one time.
had the surg & feel great now.

Baja Big Dog
08-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Yea for you...sweet job, coming from one that has had a few monkey's on my back I can relate to what you have accomplished.;)
\