PDA

View Full Version : Doggy help

Big Inch
07-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the flies off my dog's ears? They are driving him nuts. I've used this spray called Fly Off in the past but this year it's not keeping them away. I tried Neosporin and Vaseline on the tips of his ears and it works but not for long. I need to figure out something quick or I will have to put him in the garage and I really don't want to do that and have him piss on my Harley's wheels.:sqeyes:

Tom Brown
07-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the flies off my dog's ears?
Is the dog dead? If so, I'm sorry for your loss. :(

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 05:39 PM
[/IMG]Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the flies off my dog's ears? They are driving him nuts. I've used this spray called Fly Off in the past but this year it's not keeping them away. I tried Neosporin and Vaseline on the tips of his ears and it works but not for long. I need to figure out something quick or I will have to put him in the garage and I really don't want to do that and have him piss on my Harley's wheels.:sqeyes:
there is a spray and goop called fly's off..http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/bye.gif then they will be bye bye..use the goop it works better

Miss Perfect
07-31-2007, 05:44 PM
Go to a feed store and ask. They sell all kinds of that stuff for horses, but it works just as good on dogs.

4day!!
07-31-2007, 07:12 PM
More than likely your dog's dog has some kind of infection or somehting going on in his ear. Take him to the vet, that ear sh1t can get pricey. I have a lab that has ear probs often. You need to clean them at least twice a week. I didn't notice what kind of dog you have.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-31-2007, 07:19 PM
More than likely your dog's dog has some kind of infection or somehting going on in his ear. Take him to the vet, that ear sh1t can get pricey. I have a lab that has ear probs often. You need to clean them at least twice a week. I didn't notice what kind of dog you have.
You don't need to take him to the vet. Flies just have a thing for dog ears. The ointment works real well. Put it on every morning. You can get it at any feed store. Boot barn and PetSmart might have it in the horse tack area. They also sell these battery operated "misters" that will spray fly repellant every 30 seconds in the kennel or wherever the dog lays during the day. However, if you get one of these, make sure you don't have it near water/food supply.

John.
07-31-2007, 07:24 PM
last year we used Sulfodene on our dog. wife bought it at kingwholesale.com. also helps heal the fly bite wounds. best bet is to figure out a way to get rid of the flies. put out some fly traps, clean up the crap frequently and throw some borax down in your dogs yard.

Mandelon
07-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Beekeeper mask. Like a mesh bag....?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-31-2007, 07:29 PM
LMAO Jeff says to just get a horse mask and duct tape it to the dogs face.
BTW, sulfadine does work good to quickly heal it, but it burns. Don't ask me how I know.

Big Inch
07-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Gonna try this but if this doesn't work we are putting him in a plastic bubble.

UltraStealth
08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
The stuff for hores works great. I sprayed it on my dogs and the flies were gone.

Relaxalot
08-01-2007, 10:25 AM
How did this thread go from keeping flies off dog ears to keeping flies off whores?

BrendellaJet
08-01-2007, 10:38 AM
if you pick up the dog shiat the flies will go away.:D

CBadDad
08-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Go to a feed store and ask. They sell all kinds of that stuff for horses, but it works just as good on dogs.
That's the answer right there.
How did this thread go from keeping flies off dog ears to keeping flies off whores?
LMAO :D

Big Inch
08-01-2007, 10:59 AM
if you pick up the dog shiat the flies will go away.:D
Haha this is so true. We stay on top of it because if we don't the fly population goes nuts. We pick it up at least 3 times a week. 2 german shepherds make a lot of poo.
Ultrastealth can you please let me know the brand name of the spray you use on the whores? I currently don't need this but I'd like to keep a bottle on the boat in case of emergency. Those whores can go bad at a moment's notice ;) ;)

yopengo
08-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Just stick Courtney in the corner with her legs open and flies won't touch your dog. :eek: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36101&d=1185992735

Big Inch
08-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Just stick Courtney in the corner with her legs open and flies won't touch your dog. :eek: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36101&d=1185992735
Sweet Jesus!