PDA

View Full Version : Free to Good Home

FLATMVN
07-31-2007, 06:54 PM
A friend of mine has a Great Dane dog that they would like to find a home for. 2 years old. He is a very well manered dog and is very playful. He is a indoor dog. He is AKC registered. Has all of his shots and a clean bill of health from a Vet. He has been spade. He has been around children. My friends name is Jim he can be reached at Home 760-922-3229 or his cell # 951-662-2032 or you can PM me your info and I will pass it along. Dog is located in Blythe CA.
PIC'S
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/flatmvn/Oddities/DSC_0090.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/flatmvn/Oddities/DSC_0091.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 07:01 PM
He's a beautiful dog. Why does he need to get rid of him? :(

RitcheyRch
07-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Beautiful dog.

adjones419
07-31-2007, 07:04 PM
That's a cool dog.

pixilatedpussy
07-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Ahhhhhh.........what a cutie pie! Pm Bunny166, they have a friend who loves Great Danes & saved one a few years ago. Maybe that would be a good match!;)

John.
07-31-2007, 07:21 PM
very nice looking Dane. He looks a little skinny. nice color.

FLATMVN
07-31-2007, 10:06 PM
He's a beautiful dog. Why does he need to get rid of him? :(
He is getting ridd of him due to downsizing of his living space. There is not enough room in the new appartment to keep him inside.

FLATMVN
07-31-2007, 10:09 PM
I said the same thing when I saw him for the first time. But I was informed that the Vet said that all is well and his weight is where it should be.

FLATMVN
07-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Ahhhhhh.........what a cutie pie! Pm Bunny166, they have a friend who loves Great Danes & saved one a few years ago. Maybe that would be a good match!;)
Thanks Pixi.

socalmoney
07-31-2007, 10:14 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/chewtoy.jpg

Magic34
07-31-2007, 10:17 PM
My mom may want him. We have had Great Danes for 25 years now. i currently have 2 of them.
I'll check and see tomorrow.
How is he with other dogs?

hoolign
07-31-2007, 10:25 PM
How do you figure he looks skinny? Am I missing something in these pics?? :confused:

Magic34
07-31-2007, 10:31 PM
How do you figure he looks skinny? Am I missing something in these pics?? :confused:
Hips are very defined at the rear and his mid section is slim. He looks healthy though.

socalmoney
07-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Hips are very defined at the rear and his mid section is slim. He looks healthy though.
I was thinking the same thing. I am not too familiar with this breed.

Magic34
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I am not too familiar with this breed.
The dogs are awesome. This breed are very people friendly and love to just hang out with you. I grew up with these dogs and it was like a best friend. He looked much like this one, only ours was fatter. He would play football with us, tug o war, go camping and carry back firewood with us, big logs too. They are awesome.
My 7 y/o is very skinny and we always leave her food out to eat. She justs like to run a lot and if they are very active they stay slimmed out.

Magic34
07-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Here is what they look like at 5 weeks. This is a fawn.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36078&stc=1&d=1185951380
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36079&stc=1&d=1185951442

socalmoney
08-01-2007, 06:07 AM
My dog sleeps with his kong also.

FLATMVN
08-01-2007, 06:47 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/chewtoy.jpg
I think that a chew toy like you pointed out could be aranged. I think he would his rope one better though.

FLATMVN
08-01-2007, 06:56 AM
The dogs are awesome. This breed are very people friendly and love to just hang out with you. I grew up with these dogs and it was like a best friend. He looked much like this one, only ours was fatter. He would play football with us, tug o war, go camping and carry back firewood with us, big logs too. They are awesome.
My 7 y/o is very skinny and we always leave her food out to eat. She justs like to run a lot and if they are very active they stay slimmed out.
This dog seems to be very friendly and good with other dogs. Ther are two other dogs where he is at right now. The other dogs are alittle agressive towards the Great Dane though because he is the new guy on the block, also becouse they are protective of their owners. The Dane is very playful and enjoys playing all the games that Magic34 describes.

DUSTINU
08-01-2007, 07:06 AM
My Dane didn't fill out until she was 2-3 yrs old, they are awsome dogs. I will ask around.

MissB
08-01-2007, 07:11 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36078&stc=1&d=1185951380
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36079&stc=1&d=1185951442
The paws say it all,they are huge!! Big dogs like that use alot of energy and should be muscular and slim, the more weight the more health problems, just so they aren't too skinny!! He's beautiful. Good Luck, I'll keep my ears open for anybody interested.

John.
08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
yeah, just what Magic34 said. not saying he looks unhealthy or anything. just a little skinny as he is well defined in the hips and mid section. could be because he's very active. could be because he's young and growing. We have 2 danes. one is skinny and one is chunky. I can tell you, if it were 100% up to my wife we'd already be in the car on our way down to adopt this dane. good thing she doesn't have a sign-on account here.

skygod73
08-01-2007, 11:01 AM
They are the most awesome breed of dog! Great with kids. I think they actually believe they are people. My Dane will sit her rear on the couch and put her front paws on the floor to watch TV. As big as they are, they are so gentle. When my 9 mo old Fawn stands up against the back yard fence her whole head clears the top! They are very smart and easy to teach. Anyone wanting a dog would love a Dane. Don't be afraid of their size, they make great house pets.
I will call some people.
Our baby, Lady Alexis (Lexi) at 8 mo and 130 lbs with lots of skin to grow in.

Run_em_Hard
08-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I also have a great dane and can also say that they are great dogs. My wife has been trying to talk me into letting her get another one for quite some time now. This dog should be able to find a great home real easy. I will also ask around.

Run_em_Hard
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
One more thing....do you know if he is hip certified???

FLATMVN
08-01-2007, 07:41 PM
One more thing....do you know if he is hip certified???
I don't know if he is HIP certified, I will try to find out though.

Screemy1
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
pm sent

Drift
08-01-2007, 11:31 PM
He's 2 so his hips should be fairly fine by this point. I am amazed I must say about all the other Dane owners on the forum. That's cool! When I'm out and about I rarely see other Danes. I own a 3yr old fawn female (180 lbs and 34" at the hips) big girl... she is such an awesome dog. She is my first and I don't think i'll ever be without one again. I wish I had the room. I have a 2 year old daughter and my Dane is very good around her. You just need to clear things from their tail height cuz they tend to send things flying, or they end up whipping you in th e B#lls when you least expect it... very quick learning curve.:jawdrop:

Magic34
08-01-2007, 11:36 PM
My parents are out. They think it will be too much for them because they always watch my dane, now danes, when we go out of town which is often.
I made some calls to friends and should hear more tomorrow.

Run_em_Hard
08-02-2007, 04:29 AM
He's 2 so his hips should be fairly fine by this point. I am amazed I must say about all the other Dane owners on the forum. That's cool! When I'm out and about I rarely see other Danes. I own a 3yr old fawn female (180 lbs and 34" at the hips) big girl... she is such an awesome dog. She is my first and I don't think i'll ever be without one again. I wish I had the room. I have a 2 year old daughter and my Dane is very good around her. You just need to clear things from their tail height cuz they tend to send things flying, or they end up whipping you in th e B#lls when you least expect it... very quick learning curve.:jawdrop:
My wife works at a vet clinic and they have had plenty of 2+ year old dogs come in, especially large breed, that they have to put to sleep. So having a hip certification should make anyone feel better.

Magic34
08-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I have 2 people here fromt eh Phoenix area very intersted. They will be calling Jim.
Thanks,
Michael

FLATMVN
08-03-2007, 05:44 PM
The latest news that I have is that there is a Lady coming down from Havasu Sunday and is bringing the children to spend the day and see how the dog reacts. If things go well she will be the new owner. If not I will keep all of you updated. There are a couple other members that have expressed intrest, I will let you know.
There has been a great response to this thread and I appreciate all of the board member support and help in finding a home for this great dog.
Thank you ALL Louis.

FLATMVN
08-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I would like to express special thanks to board member Jeff (AKA SCREEMY1). Jeff was kind enough to give TITAN a new home, My friends say that he drove down from Tehachapi today and took home a great dog, I hope they will have a lot of good times. Thank you Jeff.
Once again THANK YOU to all the board members for you assistance in finding TITAN a new home.
Louis.

PaPaG
08-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I would like to express special thanks to board member Jeff (AKA SCREEMY1). Jeff was kind enough to give TITAN a new home, My friends say that he drove down from Tehachapi today and took home a great dog, I hope they will have a lot of good times. Thank you Jeff.
Once again THANK YOU to all the board members for you assistance in finding TITAN a new home.
Louis.
Good Job Jeff, that is a beautiful dog...:D