PDA

View Full Version : What's up ***boat.com When is search going to work???

socalmoney
07-31-2007, 08:28 PM
I am not suggesting to turn this into a pay site but I would be willing to flow some bucks to get the site running better. It is the best source of tech info I know of but if I can't search for it what is the use? I don't know if you generate any kind of revenue from this site or if it's the redheaded step child of your business but it performs poorly. What can we do to help? This site is like my grandma, I love her to death and she has all kinds of cool stuff to share with me but she just can't seem to recall any of it anymore.
Am I alone in this?

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-31-2007, 08:30 PM
I am not suggesting to turn this into a pay site but I would be willing to flow some bucks to get the site running better. It is the best source of tech info I know of but if I can't search for it what is the use? I don't know if you generate any kind of revenue from this site or if it's the redheaded step child of your business but it performs poorly. What can we do to help? This site is like my grandma, I love her to death and she has all kinds of cool stuff to share with me but she just can't seem to recall any of it anymore.
Am I alone in this?
what were you looking for?:confused:
and I suffer from CRS syndrome.. :D

socalmoney
07-31-2007, 08:33 PM
I am looking for pics of Tom Brown. I have no idea what he looks like.

Rexone
08-01-2007, 01:05 AM
I think Mikey (Rex1) oughta buy this website. He could make it run correctly. There has always been some sorta glitch goin on.:confused:
Rio
NOT
Search does work. Some of the time. :)

Jbb
08-01-2007, 01:56 AM
I dont remember much of anything anymore.....either....:p
ps.....Browns the mean looking guy ...with the machine gun...

socalmoney
08-01-2007, 06:04 AM
I dont remember much of anything anymore.....either....:p
ps.....Browns the mean looking guy ...with the machine gun...
The guy with the UZI at the low ready wearing a jacket?

uvindex
08-01-2007, 06:52 AM
It is the best source of tech info I know of but if I can't search for it what is the use?
Am I alone in this?The Search dropdown works for me. No worky for you? :)

Devilman
08-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Search function works for me. Don't use it ALL the time though, sometimes its funny to sift through the bullshit. :D

socalmoney
08-01-2007, 07:42 AM
I only get reliable search results when I limit my search to shorter time frame. This site in general performs poorly. I would guess it's a hardware issue, and there is no funds to expand/update any of it.

Jbb
08-01-2007, 07:44 AM
It's Browns fault!...:mad:

uvindex
08-01-2007, 07:54 AM
I only get reliable search results when I limit my search to shorter time frame. This site in general performs poorly. I would guess it's a hardware issue, and there is no funds to expand/update any of it.
Don't forget that you can also use Google and other search engines to find stuff on ***boat.com. In Google, just include "site:www.***boat.com" along with your other keywords and Google will search only ***boat.com for your keywords.
If you have examples of the reliable versus unreliable search results you're seeing it would be helpful. :)

burbanite
08-01-2007, 08:37 AM
The guy with the UZI at the low ready wearing a jacket?
Yeah, so be very careful what you say about him...:wink: