PDA

View Full Version : O/T Shipping Cost for Complete Engine

corlish
02-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Off Topic Post -- Has anybody had any experience with shipping a complete engine (residence to residence)?
I found a good deal (BBF) in Ohio and I am in Seattle -- not so sure it will still be a good deal once shipping is included. I cross-referenced Summit and those sort of guys and came up with ~$150; I am sure that it will cost me (an individual) more though. I tried Google but was probably using the wrong keywords `cause I did not find much there either.
Thanks in advance!
Corey

Tim_T
02-20-2006, 06:50 AM
try this.
http://www.freightcenter.com/go2/index.htm

corlish
02-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks Tim -- that was easier than I thought
Corey

77OMEGA
02-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I just shipped a 454 shortblock from California to Texas. It was from a business to a the companies depot in Ft Worth. No lift gates required. It cost me 210.00. Business to residence was 318.00. I don't know what residence to residence would have been.

1968Droptop
02-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Off Topic Post -- Has anybody had any experience with shipping a complete engine (residence to residence)?
Thanks in advance!
Corey
The most cost effictive way to ship is usually air. You can call a freight forwarding company (like Danza's here in Seattle area). They can ship large heavy items in the belly of 747's, 767's, etc. It's usually rather cheap, since the planes cargo hold is rarely full. The only draw back is you must have it dropped off and picked up at the terminals. I shipped a 350 H.O. engine from PA. to Sea for $150. The seller was willing to crate it up and drop it off at the forwarding co.'s terminel. I had to pick it up in Kent. Still, $150 to ship it across the states was CHEAP !!!!
Where do you boat at ?