PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with providing proof of identification when voting?

never_fast_enuf
08-01-2007, 05:45 AM
I must show proof I am who I am every day for the most trivial things. When I rent a car, check into a hotel, fly on a plane, purchase something with my credit card...the list goes on and on.
Yet when we engage in one of the most important duties we can execute as American citizens...actually VOTING for our leaders who will then make laws, the democrats are dead set against it.
If THAT doesn't tell you all you need to know about voter fraud....and who is for it then nothing will.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-01-2007, 06:12 AM
I must show proof I am who I am every day for the most trivial things. When I rent a car, check into a hotel, fly on a plane, purchase something with my credit card...the list goes on and on.
Yet when we engage in one of the most important duties we can execute as American citizens...actually VOTING for our leaders who will then make laws, the democrats are dead set against it.
If THAT doesn't tell you all you need to know about voter fraud....and who is for it then nothing will.
I couldn't agree more. ID proof to vote should be Federal and State law, period.

never_fast_enuf
08-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Glad to see you on this side of the issue Ultra. I can see no reason why anyone would object to providing proof you are who you are when voting but the politicians, particularly the democrats are dead set against it.
I have yet to have anyone provide an adequate answer as to why this would be bad.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Glad to see you on this side of the issue Ultra. I can see no reason why anyone would object to providing proof you are who you are when voting but the politicians, particularly the democrats are dead set against it.
I have yet to have anyone provide an adequate answer as to why this would be bad.
I, like you, don't believe that there is an adequate answer.

eliminatedsprinter
08-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Because it disenfranchises dead people, pets, illegal aliens, and felons and we can't be having that in our enlightened utopia...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Texan
08-01-2007, 03:24 PM
They worked toward photo ID's in GA several years back and the minority leaders went completely berserk. Claims that the poor and elderly were unable to get to the appropriate offices to apply (there were plans to provide rides at Gov. expense but that wasn't good enough), the cost (I believe GA DL's are about $15-$20), and on and on. The bottom line is like ES said, it eliminates too many deadbeat frauds and there is a "sector" of this country that doesn't want to allow that to happen. Cynthia McKinny and a bunch of liberal minority "preachers" were at the root of the protest.
"Yeah I said Liberal and they are self proclaimed as such."

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2007, 03:31 PM
They have tried to pass a law in CA for a few years that only a DL is need to register to vote... Only prob with that is under CA state law they could not check to see if they had a SS... IE give illegals DL then they can vote. Of corse thats not why they said they wanted it, but that was the underlying reason... funny how these bills/ props were always introduced by hispanic officals.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-01-2007, 03:53 PM
In CA, all adults must carry a photo ID. Seems it shouldn't be an issue to require it to prior to receving a ballot. Used to be that CA required a SSN to obtain a DL. Not any more

SmokinLowriderSS
08-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Because it disenfranchises dead people, pets, illegal aliens, and felons and we can't be having that in our enlightened utopia...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You mean New Jersey? :D
I have zero problems with presentingt my creds to vote, I seldom leave my yard without 2 forms of photographic ID, one of which is required to drive.

Towndrunk
08-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Maybe letting their illegal friends vote???

Towndrunk
08-03-2007, 12:15 PM
They worked toward photo ID's in GA several years back and the minority leaders went completely berserk. Claims that the poor and elderly were unable to get to the appropriate offices to apply (there were plans to provide rides at Gov. expense but that wasn't good enough), the cost (I believe GA DL's are about $15-$20), and on and on.."
But the lazy ba stards can walk to the welfare office and then stop by my house to steal me blind!:idea:

never_fast_enuf
08-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Maybe letting their illegal friends vote???
Honesty would be a start from these people.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Honesty would be a start from these people.
Honesty would be a start across the board.
Again, I agree that there should be a Federal mandate requiring a valid photo ID at the polls.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Hah, I did a termpaper for college many years ago on this topic. LOL, written in the early seventies I'm not even sure if I could post the title without getting tarred and feathered in this day and age.
While, personally, I support such a requirement, I don't think it would fly 'down south", or with any group that wants to 'fly under the radar'.
"Down South", it's still too fresh in the minds of everyone that had issues of civil rights. Around here I can already hear the protests from our hard working, undocumented, suedo-citizens, that say it points a finger directly at them and so it's unconstitutional.
good luck,
Rio
Around here I can already hear the protests from our hard working, undocumented, suedo-citizens, that say it points a finger directly at them and so it's unconstitutional.
Rio,
Since when do "undocumented, suedo-citizens" have any rights under the Constitution. This type of sh*t amazes me.
You've made me curious about the title of our term paper :D

Steve 1
08-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Rio Ole ultra here has changed this forum's theme into the swish English grammar and pinko love fest .

ULTRA26 # 1
08-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Rio Ole ultra here has changed this forum's theme into the swish English grammar and pinko love fest .
Actually Steve, I would like to this forum be one of thought out and intelligent discussion. Can you understand this?

Steve 1
08-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Actually Steve, I would like to this forum be one of thuoght out and intelligent discussion. Can you understand this?
Work on your spelling a little if you want to be the head Grammar FAGGOT here!!!!!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
08-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Work on your spelling a little if you want to be the head Grammar FAGGOT here!!!!!!!
Steve,
Apparently you don't understand. If your only purpose in life is to call people Pinkos, FAGGOTS and hurl insults, please find a more appropriate place for your comments. This is a Political Forum. While I am fully aware that I have engaged in the BS myself, this is clearly not my M.O
Keep it on political topics or it will be removed. Taunting of other members isn't what we're going to do here. If you don't have something to say other than badgering each other (or others) or posting material inappropriate for ***boat then don't post. It's very simple.
We have alot more participation now than before and it's not going to go backwards in that regard because someone decided to ignore the rules. Those who won't follow the rules and the spirit of the forum's purpose simply won't be here.

Steve 1
08-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Steve,
Apparently you don't understand. If your only purpose in life is to call people Pinkos, FAGGOTS and hurl insults, please find a more appropriate place for your comments. This is a Political Forum. While I am fully aware that I have engaged in the BS myself, this is clearly not my M.O
You petty asshole nobody!!!!!!!! Grading peoples posting what a ****ing jerk off. Drop dead!

Moneypitt
08-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Alright, come on kids, I'm going to have to note that you're "not playing well with others" in both of your permanent records/files.....And those will follow you your whole life!!!!!!!..........Might even keep you off the short bus if the wrong people hear about this behavior..............MP
PS, you can't just walk in and ask for a ballot by showing ID. You must be pre registered to vote, and your ballot will be at a specific "polling place".......It is during the registration process where the legit ID of some nature should be required. The "registered voter" rolls are where the Jury summons are generated........Not registered? Contact your local voter registration office. It would be of note to see what they say is required to register??.........

ULTRA26 # 1
08-05-2007, 12:36 PM
You petty asshole nobody!!!!!!!! Grading peoples posting what a ****ing jerk off. Drop dead!
Once again Steve,
If your only purpose in the PRF is to call people Pinkos, FAGGOTS and hurl insults, please find a more appropriate place for your comments. This is a Political Forum.
Keep it on political topics or it will be removed. Taunting of other members isn't what we're going to do here. If you don't have something to say other than badgering each other (or others) or posting material inappropriate for ***boat then don't post. It's very simple.
We have alot more participation now than before and it's not going to go backwards in that regard because someone decided to ignore the rules. Those who won't follow the rules and the spirit of the forum's purpose simply won't be here.
Alright, come on kids, I'm going to have to note that you're "not playing well with others" in both of your permanent records/files.....And those will follow you your whole life!!!!!!!..........Might even keep you off the short bus if the wrong people hear about this behavior..............MP
PS, you can't just walk in and ask for a ballot by showing ID. You must be pre registered to vote, and your ballot will be at a specific "polling place".......It is during the registration process where the legit ID of some nature should be required. The "registered voter" rolls are where the Jury summons are generated........Not registered? Contact your local voter registration office. It would be of note to see what they say is required to register??.........
MP,
I believe that valid ID should be required at the time of registration and at the polling place. As I recall, a neither a valid SS card or Birth Cert was required when I registered to vote. I believe that this needs to changed as well.

Steve 1
08-05-2007, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=ULTRA26 # 1;2714279]
Once again Steve,
If your only purpose in the PRF is to call people Pinkos, FAGGOTS and hurl insults, please find a more appropriate place for your comments. This is a Political Forum.
__________________________________________________ __________
You are a pathetic little crybaby and it is evident you were never raised as a MAN or worked with MEN! Yes I am glad you said “Political forum”, now pull your two brain cells together and remember that!
In closing if I was moderating this forum you would get time off for your Psuedo mod job ultra crack head. BTW I thought I told you to drop DEAD why are you still here?? Typical nobody can’t even follow simple instructions.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Ultra26#1, I'll try and phrase this so there is no misunderstand.
There are many fricken illegals that do vote. They have slipped, crawled, however you want to put it, thru the cracks of the system. ANYTHING that is put into place to thwart any effort at any behavior by any Mexican whether legal or illegal will be met with resistance by the "Mexican above God" crowd.
"Rio,
Since when do "undocumented, suedo-citizens" have any rights under the Constitution. This type of sh*t amazes me. "
I am amazed that you'd ask such a thing. They basically have every right that you or I have except to vote(minus the fact that they are not supposed to be here, and perhaps a d/l).
They have evry protection under the law that everyone else has. They can bring forth lawsuites, collect public benefits. Rent homes. Open checking accounts. Break in your house, etc.
We can't hunt them, trap them, hell man there are some areas where they can't be chased off private property.
Rio
....My termpaper shall remain mine, it was an overall view of voter registration, proof of citizenship, required ID, etc., and was before the time of all of our Mexican problems. That ought to give you a hint at the perspective in which it was written.
In most cases, only though illegal means, do illegals gain rights under the Constitution. It is true that illegals are protected by basic State civil laws, which I am not in favor of. Those who are here illegally need to be sent back home. We have laws but these laws are not enforced. Why? IMO it all boils down to money. There is work force of cheap and illegal labor that many in business won't or can't give up.
Last time I opened a bank account a SSN was required. I don't believe this has changed. Most of the benefits you refer to are not legally available to illegals. This is not saying that illegals aren't working the system, because obviously they are. People give illegals rights, not the Constitution.
Would you rent to someone who didn't speak English and didn't have a valid SSN? I wouldn't.
You are a pathetic little crybaby and it is evident you were never raised as a MAN or worked with MEN! Yes I am glad you said “Political forum”, now pull your two brain cells together and remember that!
In closing if I was moderating this forum you would get time off for your Psuedo mod job ultra crack head. BTW I thought I told you to drop DEAD why are you still here?? Typical nobody can’t even follow simple instructions.
Steve,
I won't say what I would really like to as it would get me booted for sure
:sleeping:

Old Texan
08-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Steve,
I won't say what I would really like to as it would get me booted for sure
:sleeping:
Oh come on, be daring for once, go ahead, say it!!!!!!:D :D

Rexone
08-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Steve, I've stated the rules. Post on the topic in this forum and back it off on the name calling bs please. There won't be another warning as there's already been several. If you hate someone that much because of their views, opinions, or posting style take it to benchracers.

HighRoller
08-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Providing ID when voting? Whattya, NEW?? That would cut off the Dems flow of new voters cold. Yeah, they throw out big words like disenfranchising, but that just means that you're stopping people who shouldn't be voting from voting. It's like racial profiling and the "Domestic" overseas spy program. Anything that effectively cuts into criminal activity becomes an instant target for the Dems and America's Criminals and Liberals United. (ACLU)

ULTRA26 # 1
08-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Providing ID when voting? Whattya, NEW?? That would cut off the Dems flow of new voters cold. Yeah, they throw out big words like disenfranchising, but that just means that you're stopping people who shouldn't be voting from voting. It's like racial profiling and the "Domestic" overseas spy program. Anything that effectively cuts into criminal activity becomes an instant target for the Dems and America's Criminals and Liberals United. (ACLU)
HR, ID at the polls would be good for all.

Schiada76
08-06-2007, 08:29 AM
If we have to start showing ID to vote will dead Democrats still be allowed to?:D

ULTRA26 # 1
08-06-2007, 08:39 AM
If we have to start showing ID to vote will dead Democrats still be allowed to?:D
Probably not dead Republicans either. :)

Schiada76
08-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Probably not dead Republicans either. :)
Not currently a problem.:D

'75 Miller
08-16-2007, 12:30 PM
They worked toward photo ID's in GA several years back and the minority leaders went completely berserk. Claims that the poor and elderly were unable to get to the appropriate offices to apply (there were plans to provide rides at Gov. expense but that wasn't good enough), the cost (I believe GA DL's are about $15-$20), and on and on. The bottom line is like ES said, it eliminates too many deadbeat frauds and there is a "sector" of this country that doesn't want to allow that to happen. Cynthia McKinny and a bunch of liberal minority "preachers" were at the root of the protest.
"Yeah I said Liberal and they are self proclaimed as such."
I think I remember hearing about that. There was also talk about the gov't sending people out to folks houses to set them up with i.d. but the idea was scoffed at because black folk don't like or trust the gov't. "The Man" scares them, or some such crap. 'Course they're not too scared to cash the gov't checks, or use the govt's food stamps.
This will, no doubt, get me called all sorts of names, but the bottom line is simple...to me at least. THE ONLY GOOD "PROGRESSIVE" IS A DEAD PROGRESSIVE. PERIOD.

Schiada76
08-16-2007, 12:51 PM
As OT stated the state even offered to bring the ID to he "indigent" or provide transportation to a govt. office to obtain same. The liberal scum wouldn't go for it since they wouldn't be able to buy, steal or otherwise fraudulently steal the poor folks vote.
I'm sure there is plenty of these incidents that U26 can provide us with the facts on the exteme right wing Christian side of the coin.:rolleyes: :D :D

Old Texan
08-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I think I remember hearing about that. There was also talk about the gov't sending people out to folks houses to set them up with i.d. but the idea was scoffed at because black folk don't like or trust the gov't. "The Man" scares them, or some such crap. 'Course they're not too scared to cash the gov't checks, or use the govt's food stamps.
This will, no doubt, get me called all sorts of names, but the bottom line is simple...to me at least. THE ONLY GOOD "PROGRESSIVE" IS A DEAD PROGRESSIVE. PERIOD.
Rep. Cynthia McKinney, D, GA who is infamous for her ignorance and prejudice led the fight along with her "Preacher" friends who knock down any effort at voter reform. These folks live off the poor and have for years. Cynthia's the second generation politician in the family. Her father Billy was involved in some scandal which involved voter fraud if my memory serves me, I will have to check that out as it may have been campaign funding, and he taught her well that bringing pork home keeps her in office regardless if she fails to look out for the long term future of her constituents.
She was voted out of office once, in I believe 2002 when she had to run against a qualified black female candidate, Denise Majette, but got back in when Majette ran for the Senate in 2004. Sadly Cynthia will always fight to keep the status quo as any reform and she'd be sitting at home with Pops. Gerrymandering has also helped her cause.
The conservative (successful and educated I might add) blacks in Atlanta who supported a highly qualified candidate like Majette have been very frustrated with the voter registration issue as well so it should never be looked at as a racial deal except from McKinney's point of view.