PDA

View Full Version : Boatcop question

THOR
08-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Or a question for anyone in law enforcement.
A friend of my wife's is a new officer in the LA area and got in a real bad accident while intoxicated a few nights back. She was asking me what will happen and I didnt know.
Any ideas of what this guy is in for in terms of his job? Termination? Suspension? Demotion?

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 07:22 AM
:rolleyes:
That irks me......:(

THOR
08-01-2007, 07:24 AM
This guy is a total ass hat and I dont like him one bit. He drinks and drives all the time and this was bound to happen.

BoatPI
08-01-2007, 07:27 AM
If they are on probation, expect termination.

THOR
08-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Get this, not only was he possibly on probation as he is a new hire, but he was being "watched" by the department for unethical activity.

Baja Big Dog
08-01-2007, 07:40 AM
HOLY CRAP...I cant believe that, a cop? Come on, say it aint so.....:mad:
We hang out a local pub that is visited by numerous LEO's, that enjoy a few adult bevvies, and I havent seen a taxi yet!!!:eek:

Havasu Carrera
08-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Kinda off on a tangent but......
If he is honest about his MISTAKE and was OFF duty?????
On the other hand is he LIES or makes a defense for his WRONG???
All this ignoring the comment about his other activities of course.

73kona455
08-01-2007, 07:47 AM
they should throw him under the jail.. immediate termination.. and double the sentence and fine that everyone else would get:mad:

Kilrtoy
08-01-2007, 07:47 AM
He just shit his job down the toilet, better start looking at construction or a new job, HE HAS A FORK STUCK IN HIM AND HE IS DONE....

Dave C
08-01-2007, 07:49 AM
accident while loaded ... isn't that an offense that requires jail time??....
afterall, you and I would go have to jail for this. Do the LEO's get off?? :confused: maybe they lost the evidence. ;) ;)

socalmoney
08-01-2007, 07:54 AM
This isn't the crime of the century. Cops don't get fired for DUIs. Many Cops have them. Most learn their lesson, recover from the embarrassment and move on. The real cop killer is domestic violence. If you can not possess a gun after a conviction, you can't be a Cop.

Wizard29
08-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Get this, not only was he possibly on probation as he is a new hire, but he was being "watched" by the department for unethical activity.
If he's under a year, he's on probation. Combine that with the fact he is being "watched" by the department and I have to agree with Kilr. He's done. That is if it is any sort of department with integrity. Some departments have more tolerance for that stuff than others. What department is it?

framer1
08-01-2007, 08:07 AM
He just shit his job down the toilet, better start looking at construction or a new job, HE HAS A FORK STUCK IN HIM AND HE IS DONE....
And what wrong with construction:) You make it sounds like it worse than being a cop. My son had his first day out on the street yesterday, Phoenix police department. You have a very nervous dad and mom:idea:

framer1
08-01-2007, 08:09 AM
If your buddy is on probabtion he will get fired.

THOR
08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
If he's under a year, he's on probation. Combine that with the fact he is being "watched" by the department and I have to agree with Kilr. He's done. That is if it is any sort of department with integrity. Some departments have more tolerance for that stuff than others. What department is it?
I dont think I should say what department on here just yet.

Wizard29
08-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I dont think I should say what department on here just yet.
You could be right. After he gets fired, he'll have plenty of time to spend on ***boat. :)

socalmoney
08-01-2007, 08:12 AM
If he is on probation and the dept isn't sure about him, they will use this as a reason to boot him. If they like him, I doubt anything will happen. Assuming nobody was hurt in his accident.

RR712
08-01-2007, 08:13 AM
No matter what department, many are not taking this stuff lightly these days. Sounds like that department might have an opening soon.

THOR
08-01-2007, 08:14 AM
If he is on probation and the dept isn't sure about him, they will use this as a reason to boot him. If they like him, I doubt anything will happen. Assuming nobody was hurt in his accident.
People were very hurt, including him. That is the problem. He is in the hospital and he was very intoxicated. --- allegedly

RR712
08-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Sounds like Kilrtoy is right, done....

socalmoney
08-01-2007, 08:25 AM
People were very hurt, including him. That is the problem. He is in the hospital and he was very intoxicated. --- allegedly
If he hurt people, he is probably done. Would love a fallow up on this in a few months.

finsfan4life
08-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Hey Thor, which Dept....If he's under any investigation during this, that might be it !!!

THOR
08-01-2007, 08:27 AM
If he hurt people, he is probably done. Would love a fallow up on this in a few months.
No worries. I will stay on this for sure.

Jyruiz
08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
This sucks, not only for the people he hurt, but for officers. It sets a bad example and gives all officers a black eye.

Kilrtoy
08-01-2007, 08:36 AM
And what wrong with construction:) You make it sounds like it worse than being a cop. My son had his first day out on the street yesterday, Phoenix police department. You have a very nervous dad and mom:idea:
Ok bad analogy, nothing wrong with it, hell they make more than cops...
And yes I understand your worry about yolur son, Phoenix has been a hot bed lately

boats&bars
08-01-2007, 08:44 AM
your wifes friend is a focking idiot, apparently he didnt take his job seriously or he wouldint have ended up in the situation that he was in, lets just hope that he was the one most injured and pray for the other family involved.
I hope your wifes friend looses his job, and kharma bites him in the ass.
and please dont send him to the construction industry. mc donalds is hiring.

framer1
08-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok bad analogy, nothing wrong with it, hell they make more than cops...
And yes I understand your worry about yolur son, Phoenix has been a hot bed lately
Actually, it was probably a good analogy.....i'm just messing with you:) Us DCB guys have to stick together:D

finsfan4life
08-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Well if someone got hurt, Thats a Felony, He's done !!

Boatcop
08-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Probably toast.
BUT, the CPOA is pretty strong over there, so there's no telling what might happen. I've seen California Cops retained for far worse transgressions.

Dave C
08-01-2007, 10:04 AM
F-ing Cali....
I guess if one says they are sorry its not really a transgression. :mad: :mad:
Probably toast.
BUT, the CPOA is pretty strong over there, so there's no telling what might happen. I've seen California Cops retained for far worse transgressions.

Big Warlock
08-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Sorry bro, construction workers have INTEGRITY!! Don't think we are looking for any ex-cops!! LOL :D

roostwear
08-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Forget the DUI talk... what's your wife have a male "friend" for..... especially a cop.... under investigation.... for unethical activity? Geezus man, get it together.

OverKill
08-01-2007, 12:21 PM
I was hit head on By a DRUNK DRIVER on 3-18-07 at 70 mph in a 25 mph zone. Both feet shattered, left femur broke in 8 places now has titanium rod, left arm broke now has titanium rod, back fractured in 4 places, right elbow broke, 4 inch lash on back of head, lost my job, my truck, and pretty much all of my normal life. But the best part of the whole thing, I get to have surguries for the rest of my life.
So tell your wifes friend he is in fact a PIG COP. Also I hope he goes to prison for a long time with big bubbas DICK in his ass the size of my jet pump in my avatar. What a peice of Human S**T. At least I can spit on him while he's picking up trash on the Highway.
OVERKILL

THOR
08-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Found out some info. The family was given wrong information. He was in his Dad's van, fell asleep at the wheel and the van hit a fence and exploded. This was on the news nonetheless. But, a cop that works graveyard should be well awake at midnight right? No other parties were involved and he is in critical condition.
Does this change much? Or is driving under the influence still the same regardless if another innocent party was involved.

THOR
08-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Found out the blood alcohol level was over .20 according to the family.

driverno8
08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
.08 is legally drunk. He didn't fall asleep at the wheel he passed out. I say he's still going down. But like BC said. I've heard of officers keeping their jobs for far worse.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-01-2007, 02:01 PM
How can taxpayers expect someone to enforce the law when he can't even obey it? Thankfully, he hit a fence and not a family. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't care if he was on probation or 1 day from retirement, he should be fired. I know several LEO that truly beleave the law does not apply to them.

Dave C
08-01-2007, 02:32 PM
with all those broken bones.. can you blame him?
You sound a little tense.

GunninGopher
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Or a question for anyone in law enforcement.
A friend of my wife's is a new officer in the LA area and got in a real bad accident while intoxicated a few nights back. She was asking me what will happen and I didnt know.
Any ideas of what this guy is in for in terms of his job? Termination? Suspension? Demotion?
If they like him, they'll cover it up. If they don't like him, they'll make an example of him.
All kidding aside, like someone before said, there are a small percentage of cops that believe they are above the law, and those asswipes have ruined LEO for me. I have some friends that are very ethical and honest cops, but I know some that are real POS's.

Captain Dan
08-01-2007, 02:43 PM
that's fairly well hammered, especially since that measurement was probably taken some measure of time after the accident.

gqchris
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
I gotta agree with everyone. I know several bars where I hang sometimes that are mainly cop hangouts. They get loaded, and never a taxi in site! Everyone jokes that they are the best bars to go to cause you aint gonna have any one waiting outside for you to get in your car, thats for sure.
I have friends that are cops and firefighters in here and Vegas. Some use their head, others take the risk. Some of my friends partners even joke about why they should drive when we go out because they have the get out of jail free badge. Most of us all have done it. Cops are humans too. Everyone chooses their own adventure.
Overkill, sorry to hear about what happened to you. Its defiantely an eye opener to who really is the victim.

RUCAV
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Thor
Like others have said, if he's on new hire probation, not probation after a promotion, he is going to be canned. If he hurt someone else, it should be a felony deuce, and he is surely fired. If he was a .20 BAC he should get an enhancement for his BAC and he is a f@#*^%$ @$$^@^@, and makes all of us look bad. If he is off of probation, no one was hurt and gets an attorney with misdemeanor alone, if he got fired he could probably get his job back. Its happened in OC a couple of times and they all got their jobs back. To the haters, when I say a couple of times I am talking about 2 times in 10 years that I know about.
Have a coctail or 6, but have a ride. Its not worth it. If a copper is an .08 BAC and appears to be driving normal, and somebody hits him, they're still screwed.

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Thor
Like others have said, if he's on new hire probation, not probation after a promotion, he is going to be canned. If he hurt someone else, it should be a felony deuce, and he is surely fired. If he was a .20 BAC he should get an enhancement for his BAC and he is a f@#*^%$ @$$^@^@, and makes all of us look bad. If he is off of probation, no one was hurt and gets an attorney with misdemeanor alone, if he got fired he could probably get his job back. Its happened in OC a couple of times and they all got their jobs back. To the haters, when I say a couple of times I am talking about 2 times in 10 years that I know about.
Thats 2 times to many.

RVRKID
08-01-2007, 02:56 PM
So he is out of Long Beach? Saw this accident on the news and that van was jacked up, funny but don't think they mentioned being under the influence.

OverKill
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
You sound a little tense.
I'm going to take that as a joke because it made me laugh. I was hit by a guy that was well over twice the limit. He just left the bar and hopped in his car. It gets worse, the guy that hit me died on impact. I had to look as his body splatered all over his car as I was pinned inside of mine. So not only is my body for shit now, so is my mind. So am I a little tense, well that's an understatement. No I don't mind haveing a couple of beers hanging out with friends then going home. But to polish of a whole bottle of scottch then getting into a car, well thats where I draw the line.
OverKill

RUCAV
08-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Thats 2 times to many.
IMHO that is true, but as my wife just said, compare that to the number of mortgage salesman, plumbers, contractors etc and I bet the percentage of LEO with DUI's is very low. But, its just not worth it.

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
IMHO that is true, but as my wife just said, compare that to the number of mortgage salesman, plumbers, contractors etc and I bet the percentage of LEO with DUI's is very low. But, its just not worth it.
It would be very intresting to see what the numbers are for all occupaitions per say 100k or so. I would be willing to bet that for the most part all trades( few with high spikes and some that are very low) are about the same.

JB in so cal
08-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, it was a joke. You were obviously very upset when you posted. Just trying to calm you down with a little laughter. ;)
ShockwaveBob Newhart:)

RiverToysJas
08-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I think the answer is clear.... :idea: ...If he was already on probation at work, he'll now be on double-secret probation. ;)
RTJas :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I think the answer is clear.... :idea: ...If he was already on probation at work, he'll now be on double-secret probation. ;)
RTJas :D
LMAO!

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 05:50 PM
My wife and I are so conscience about who will or will not drink when we go out somewhere......I want to be sharp when I drive home so I have every chance to avoid the drunks, cuz we all know they're still out there.
Thor, Was he solo in the van or was family with him or ??:(
.20 !?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

OverKill
08-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Yes, it was a joke. You were obviously very upset when you posted. Just trying to calm you down with a little laughter. ;)
Thanks man I can always use a good laugh these days. :)

jbone
08-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Like said earlier.
If anyone was injured, FELONY. If he is convicted of the felony, he'll be terminated.
If there were injuries, but is convicted of a lesser charge (misdemeanor), he may keep his job.
If no injuries (misdemeanor) and off probation, he'll be disciplined, but will keep his job.
No injuries and on probation, he'll be terminated.
This is just my experience with our dept.
J

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Like said earlier.
If anyone was injured, FELONY. If he is convicted of the felony, he'll be terminated.
If there were injuries, but is convicted of a lesser charge (misdemeanor), he may keep his job.
If no injuries (misdemeanor) and off probation, he'll be disciplined, but will keep his job.
No injuries and on probation, he'll be terminated.
This is just my experience with our dept.
J
are you ok with that???

THOR
08-01-2007, 06:51 PM
My wife and I are so conscience about who will or will not drink when we go out somewhere......I want to be sharp when I drive home so I have every chance to avoid the drunks, cuz we all know they're still out there.
Thor, Was he solo in the van or was family with him or ??:(
.20 !?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Solo

jbone
08-01-2007, 08:43 PM
are you ok with that???
No, just saying what I've seen.
J