PDA

View Full Version : Who can operate a Bobcat type tractor

Community
08-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Its not a BobCat, little bit bigger. Long story, but here is ther Cliff Note version,it is in my backyard. Supposedly a 70K unit and the guy has no alternative vehicle to come finish the job and his truck is broken down and can't retrieve it either. Been in my yard since Saturday on a one day job. I live in Glendale, CA, key is in it, anybody want to drive it for me? It is a close quarters job and I don't want to learn the hard way how easy it is to knock my house over.

rocket98
08-01-2007, 09:52 AM
I can help you out. Please send R/T airline tickets and have a limo. waiting :) :)

Dave C
08-01-2007, 10:08 AM
I rented one and drove it and it was a blast.
My contractor buddy came over and was f-ing pissed I wouldn't let him drive it. I told him to rent his own damn bobcat :) :devil: ... this one is mine :D
Needless to say I made a big ol mess. Got the job done but then again I was only removing dirt.
If the job needs to be all neat and shiat... get some help.

Community
08-01-2007, 10:09 AM
The work is real close and tight up to and between my new addition, not sure I want to start learning.

mondorally
08-01-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm heading up North on Friday night or Saturday morning with a friend who could drive it. If it hasn't been moved by then we can stop by.
-Justin

LAFD
08-01-2007, 10:12 AM
its not hard my uncle has three and there all simple to operate. there not 70k units but there not small. how much work needs to be complete. is it just dirt removal.

yopengo
08-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Its not a BobCat, little bit bigger. Long story, but here is ther Cliff Note version,it is in my backyard. Supposedly a 70K unit and the guy has no alternative vehicle to come finish the job and his truck is broken down and can't retrieve it either. Been in my yard since Saturday on a one day job. I live in Glendale, CA, key is in it, anybody want to drive it for me? It is a close quarters job and I don't want to learn the hard way how easy it is to knock my house over.
Where are you going to drive it? Do you have a trailer or are you just moving it from the back of the house? Why donÂ’t you pick up the owner and have him move it? If someone else moves it and fukks it up or hits somethingÂ…..ouch. :eek:

Community
08-01-2007, 10:21 AM
The owner lives about an hour away. Not the best business minded individual IMO. He already took care of the hitting and f'ing things up part and will be replacing a portion of a very nicely detailed redwood gate. You know what they say, you always get what you pay for. He was a referral from an insurance client and the decision was not based on price but was a nice surprise when he told me his daily rate. It gets worse, but for now, I need the work done, I am busy here at my work, etc.
I would say there is about 3 hours of work left. I have to go to San Diego this weekend and will basically have no time between now and then. I plan on making it impossible for him to remove the tractor until we resolve the gate issue, oh yeah, the water main too! He is not returning my phone calls at this point. The reason I hired someone to do it as I wanted it done, in one day, as it could have and then we can move to the next phase of the project. Just looking for some one to come finish the job, exchange some compensation and move on.

Havasu Carrera
08-01-2007, 10:23 AM
HAVE A BEER Then push both sticks straight foreward and lean back! :D
Oh and wear the harness and put the shield down! And the bucket to!!:D
Those are the buttons on the levers.

rrrr
08-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Call hoolign. He's an expert.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36103&stc=1&d=1185993136

Insurance God
08-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Gary,
I'll do it for free. When do you want me to come up? :D

Community
08-01-2007, 11:01 AM
You can do it if you bring me proof of your own insurance....

Insurance God
08-01-2007, 11:29 AM
I believe the insurance policy for the guy who owns the tractor will cover me. (Assuming that he has insurance.) :idea:

Community
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Don't want to damage his stuff, just want him to pay for what he has done, get his tractor and get out.....after the job is finished of course. I tried giving him some pointers on customer service, don't think he was real receptive though....

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Um no ins is going to cover any one operating what basicly a stolen piece of equipment. If something bad were to happen its a one way ticket to jail and losing your CL forever.

THOR
08-01-2007, 12:37 PM
It is not that hard. Go slow at first and dont use full throttle until you are used to it.

Havasu1986
08-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Um no ins is going to cover any one operating what basicly a stolen piece of equipment. If something bad were to happen its a one way ticket to jail and losing your CL forever.
It's more like abandend on his property. ;)

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2007, 01:21 PM
It's more like abandend on his property. ;)
thats not how the cops or the contracting board will see it.

ol guy
08-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey community, Not knowing what machine but if it is a skid-steer loader,as they are called, tilt seat forward should be a three wire plug. Disconnect the plug and put it half way back in so it looks okay. Also on the restraint bar that drops down in you'r lap will be another plug, do the same. Both of these plugs will allow the machine to start but not move. Post back with info of side of machine,manufacturer,model number and so. Also if it is a rental they will have an I.D number on the side. You can call them for pick-up and they will make the renter's life miserable. M

Sherpa
08-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Call hoolign. He's an expert.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36103&stc=1&d=1185993136
I've got this same model myself.... but that one is smaller, mine's an 1845C.. woohoo.
they're easy to operate...... just idle it, and go sloooooo and no sudden jerks
on the sticks.....
--Sherpa
oh, and I've never buried mine quite that deep before as in that pic........

LOWRIVER2
08-01-2007, 02:54 PM
I can move it for you Mon. afternoon if no one can do it sooner. I run a Cat 268B skid steer for side work.
As for $70K skid steers, the one I run costs $80+k with attachments, the new air ride one will cost more. These things just keep getting bigger and moe expensive.

OCMerrill
08-01-2007, 05:10 PM
I wonder if he actually owns the equipment? Doubtful sense he cant even keep a car running. There are things called taxi's, busses, trains, and the like if he needed to work.
If he is a lic contractor and you keep him from his equipment then he can came after you for damages. There are std industry hourly rates he could bag you for if he can't use his equipment.
What he has damaged...there is really nothing you can do to him right now and directly that is legal. You have to file a small claims action against him for the damaged gate and other stuff. Call him again and try and work something out. This is best and the least expensive way to go.
If not next step is with the CSLB and the PD. The Pd will check the equipment to see if its stolen. If it is then you can rest assured you owe nothing and then the PD can remove it.
Straight from the fingers of a B1 and I have been through all this before.

LuckyStrike
08-01-2007, 05:21 PM
HAVE A BEER Then push both sticks straight foreward and lean back! :D
Oh and wear the harness and put the shield down! And the bucket to!!:D
Those are the buttons on the levers.
Whats Up Tim...:D :D Get that Package I sent ya???:D

Community
08-03-2007, 06:22 AM
So he finally showed up again. He finished the job that he was hired to do for the most part. Did a good job and seems to be apologetic for the gate, which was an accident. The only part I gave him a hard time about was the no return calls. The tractor is still at my house as he still has no truck, but it is out of the way.
He alledges to fix the gate this weekend. Hopefully it happens.