PDA

View Full Version : Wow, some boats have been for sale forever!!

beaverretriever
08-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I happened to cruise through Boattrader today. I couldn't believe that there were some boats in there that were for sale before I purchased my last one (July 06), and are still for sale since I have sold it this yr (July 07)... WTF? Suprising, these are good manufactures too. Maybe they are overpriced, I don't know?:confused:
I couldn't imagine having somthing up for sale for over a yr.

andy01
08-01-2007, 02:39 PM
The old boat trader adds ran until sold. If you didn't notify the trader it was sold it would renew every month. Now it renews every month and hits your CC. So they could be over priced or forgot about.
But yes there are some boats that have been on the market for a while.
Andy

phebus
08-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Quality items at fair prices always sell. Either they aren't too nice or they are overpriced.

havaduner
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm going with overpriced, and a lot of people that don't have the disposable income they thought they once did have.

beaverretriever
08-01-2007, 02:47 PM
The old boat trader adds ran until sold. If you didn't notify the trader it was sold it would renew every month. Now it renews every month and hits your CC. So they could be over priced or forgot about.
Andy
I know that they changed it. Our last boat we sold we ran on the "run till it sells". Actually sold the boat in one day...LOL
Our most recent one we only had on Boattrader for one month.
Seriously, just in the Ultra section I saw at least 3-4 boats that were for sale last yr on there. Do you really think they forgot? If it was a good deal and it sold, they would still be recieving calls and would realize they need to remove the add. I just feel that if it is an outstanding boat at a good deal it will sell. Unfortunatley there are TONS of average looking boats at Ok deals.
BTW, not putting down Ultras (awesome boats), just happened to be the ones that I noticed.

jbtrailerjim
08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
If its been in the trader for a long time and it's still for sale, it's either priced too high or a POS.

burtandnancy2
08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Last year at this time there were approximately 80,000 boats for sale; today it was 181,000. Think used boat sales are a little soft?

Kilrtoy
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
If its been in the trader for a long time and it's still for sale, it's either priced too high or a POS.
MOST ARE SO FAR OVERPRICED, its almost comical

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2007, 03:37 PM
when you buy something that you can not afford and finace it for 20 years... that tends to happen.

TOBTEK
08-01-2007, 03:40 PM
oh gezzzzz, here we go again. like we haven't seen this same thread 20 times:D

fatboy95
08-01-2007, 03:41 PM
It's fricken hilarious. How about a 96 Cole skier for 40k. Look at some boats on the lots at Ultra and Eliminator, some have been there close to 2 years. The market is tight for sellers but, if you want to sell, be reasonable. Just my 2c:sleeping:

TCHB
08-01-2007, 03:42 PM
It does seems like the trend is downward on most big toys. People are trying to conserve cash.

Danhercules
08-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Andy
True but not. Yea, they use to have runs till it sells, but you had to call every 3 weeks to renew it. If you did not, it was dropped. I know cause I forgot to call, and it would miss a week.

cc322
08-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I agree with this, I also believe that the builders are feeling it as well on new boats way overpriced. From production, custom and ski boats all are hurting imo. Remember something is only worth what another will pay for it, no matter what it books for on N.A.D.A.

cc322
08-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Ok now it's 21 times.

HM
08-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Don't over inflate the numbers...I have only seen it 19 times...give or take. :D

shadow
08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Market seems ok,i sold a boat and bought another in a 3 week period.:D

Phat Matt
08-01-2007, 04:52 PM
True but not. Yea, they use to have runs till it sells, but you had to call every 3 weeks to renew it. If you did not, it was dropped. I know cause I forgot to call, and it would miss a week.
I had the opposite happen. I had a run till it sells ad. It sold the first week. I didn't renew it and it still ran. I emailed them to cancel it. It still ran. I had to call them to tell them to take it out. It ran for months.

beaverretriever
08-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Ah, the difference is my thread is about how long some boats have been for sale. Others have been about how the market is slow. ;)
Oh, nevermind. You are right same damn difference...LOL:D :D

Not So Fast
08-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Damn, I wasnt aware of how much $$ Ultras go for, at least the 27' and up sizes :idea: They have moved into DCB territory!!!!!!!!!! Maybe thats why they are still for sale:confused: Nice boats but way beyond my budget for sure!!! NSF

HP350SC
08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
My boat is for sale, I priced it cheap because I don't like sitting on stuff.
Really not sure what it will take to sell it.
Tough market out there.....

bigq
08-01-2007, 08:18 PM
My boat is for sale, I priced it cheap because I don't like sitting on stuff.
Really not sure what it will take to sell it.
Tough market out there.....
Yours might be an insurance issue because it is a hellava price.:D

HP350SC
08-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Yours might be an insurance issue because it is a hellava price.:D
We have no such issues up here, I didn't think of that.
I pay less than $500 year. Yes I have had a small claim, and they have seen it. Not going to give details on carrier....I don't want to ruin a good thing.
Now I'm thinking about pulling blower off, and swap outdrive with a standard xr so I could sell it for under 30ish.