PDA

View Full Version : fat sacks ?

flatrookie
08-01-2007, 02:40 PM
hey guys just got into a practical boat I am very happy with it so far all though it is old but been very well maintained and in good shape "89 prostar 190" my friends ride wakeboards I cant do to physcial conditions but anyways I am lookin for some used fat sacks that would fit on the sides of the dog house cover for the motor or a fat seat for the back pm me please with any info thanx

Coach
08-01-2007, 08:11 PM
hey guys just got into a practical boat I am very happy with it so far all though it is old but been very well maintained and in good shape "89 prostar 190" my friends ride wakeboards I cant do to physcial conditions but anyways I am lookin for some used fat sacks that would fit on the sides of the dog house cover for the motor or a fat seat for the back pm me please with any info thanx
The Prostar is a great ski boat. I would go over to Master Crafts forums to find out who has done what with their pro 190.
www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/index.php

flatrookie
08-01-2007, 09:28 PM
The Prostar is a great ski boat. I would go over to Master Crafts forums to find out who has done what with their pro 190.
www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/index.php
cool thank you very much :)

Cole Sanger
08-02-2007, 01:34 AM
I got my fat bricks from wakeside.com for 99 a piece.

HM
08-02-2007, 08:46 AM
The ProStar will throw a very large wake with great shape when you load it - great pop out of wake if you know how to edge up the wake instead of flattening out. The wakes are closer together so you don't need as much speed to get across. If you start landing in the trough (very hard on knees) that is a good boat to use an 80-85' rope without needing more speed like the newer boats need.

YODA
08-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Check out wakeworld.com in their for sale section. People are always selling sacks.

flatrookie
08-02-2007, 11:01 PM
The ProStar will throw a very large wake with great shape when you load it - great pop out of wake if you know how to edge up the wake instead of flattening out. The wakes are closer together so you don't need as much speed to get across. If you start landing in the trough (very hard on knees) that is a good boat to use an 80-85' rope without needing more speed like the newer boats need.
nice you guys are great and all of you info. ya over the weekend my buddy was over shooting the wake and his left knee was killin him. he likes to ride at 65 feet at about 19mph right now I just have a 75 foot rope. what speed do you guys rec for my ride ?

HM
08-03-2007, 11:52 AM
nice you guys are great and all of you info. ya over the weekend my buddy was over shooting the wake and his left knee was killin him. he likes to ride at 65 feet at about 19mph right now I just have a 75 foot rope. what speed do you guys rec for my ride ?
Back when I was boarding a LOT (almost everyday) I used a 80' rope going 24 MPH behind a MasterCraft 205 Prostar. But, behind my buddy's Tige' 23 v-drive, I rode a 75' rope and went 22 MPH.
Now, I just use a 75' Rope behind the MasterCraft at 21 MPH and focus on not getting hurt. :D I also don't worry about fat sacks any more as I just do basic wake to wake grabs and spins. I am getting to old to do tricks....I actually started water skiing again. :D

flatrookie
08-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Back when I was boarding a LOT (almost everyday) I used a 80' rope going 24 MPH behind a MasterCraft 205 Prostar. But, behind my buddy's Tige' 23 v-drive, I rode a 75' rope and went 22 MPH.
Now, I just use a 75' Rope behind the MasterCraft at 21 MPH and focus on not getting hurt. :D I also don't worry about fat sacks any more as I just do basic wake to wake grabs and spins. I am getting to old to do tricks....I actually started water skiing again. :D
ya I hear ya about the whole getting hurt thing I have a bad back so I just stick to being the sober driver. my friend is still a young buck 23 so he can take some punishment :) just trying to find the right set up and combo for the boat and rider. cause I cant afford to step up to something new my other boat is a freakin black hole $ pit so I am just trying to have some fun with this boat for a while

Coach
08-04-2007, 06:31 AM
I think boat to boat your set up will vary. On my boat right now I run 75' at 22 mph. Behind my buddies MC X-2 (now the X-1) I run 24 mph and at 70' off.
The first think I would do is increase the speed to at least 21 mph if not more. Second you just need to eyeball where the best wake shape is and adjust the rope according.
I hear you about getting hurt. This is why we have spent more time surfing this year than wakeboarding. The wakesurfing is addicting as hell.

flatrookie
08-04-2007, 07:26 PM
I think boat to boat your set up will vary. On my boat right now I run 75' at 22 mph. Behind my buddies MC X-2 (now the X-1) I run 24 mph and at 70' off.
The first think I would do is increase the speed to at least 21 mph if not more. Second you just need to eyeball where the best wake shape is and adjust the rope according.
I hear you about getting hurt. This is why we have spent more time surfing this year than wakeboarding. The wakesurfing is addicting as hell.
hey can you tell me more about wake surfing I have seen the boards and people right behind the boat. is that something you ride out at like a normal board or just close directly behind the boat ?

YODA
08-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Like coach said, find the sweet spot in the wake , then shorten your rope. Heres a link for a how to on shortening your rope... http://www.kneeboardplanet.com/news/2004/tie_rope.htm