PDA

View Full Version : Ever call the cops on a drunk driver? I just did.

beaverretriever
08-01-2007, 07:46 PM
My wife and I went to dinner at a place down from our house. When we were walking to the car I saw a guy stumbling to his vehicle. I gave him the benifit of the doubt that he was just getting somthing out of his POS truck. We got in our truck then saw him haul ass out of the parking lot with a cigarette hanging out the window. We followed him for a few blocks. He was swerving all over the place, going at least 15mph over the speed limit. I thought he was going to hit sombody. I called the cops, worried this guy was going to kill somone.
I just feel if I didn't call the police and this guy kills sombody, I would feel horrible that I didn't try and do anything.
What an F-N asshole.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rexone
08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I have called a couple times on the freeways.

GHT
08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes, I was going to a job site one Saturday Morning and a guy in a Benz coupe merged on the freeway and kept merging all the way into the center divide. He bounced off and kept driving with the side of his car all F'ed up.
I called NHP and followed him to his destination the cops busted him and I filled out a witness report. The cop informed me they were familiar with him..
Just remember if you see me swerving please give me the benifit of the doubt I'm receiving a hummer...:devil: :D

BIGRRNU
08-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Good call

RitcheyRch
08-01-2007, 07:54 PM
I have called a few times on the freeway. Also, called on some guy that was driving on the freeway with about 5 kids in the car. None of them were wearing seatbelts or in car seats. The kids were jumping around in the car and one was actually sitting on the back window shelf.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Smart move

Jyruiz
08-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Yes, I was going to a job site one Saturday Morning and a guy in a Benz coupe merged on the freeway and kept merging all the way into the center divide. He bounced off and kept driving with the side of his car all F'ed up.
I called NHP and followed him to his destination the cops busted him and I filled out a witness report. The cop informed me they were familiar with him..
Just remember if you see me swerving please give me the benifit of the doubt I'm receiving a hummer...:devil: :D
F-that, I am calling, that is againts the law as well.:D

I'mTheBeaver
08-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I read a disturbing article today (http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=6867527&Call=Email&Format=HTML) about the rate of drivers arrested under the influence of alcohol or drugs and that the metro police just recorded their 100th fatality (so far) this year with a good number of those related to DUIs.
Okay...an average of 700 arrests per month is astounding. It doesn't sound like the problem will decrease any time soon in a city where alcohol is so readily available. The least we can do is be proactive in hopes of saving someone's life because that victim can be a friend or family member and that's what we keep in mind.

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Every chance I get, I've got 13 skrews in my spin from one.
Normally when I see some one that is driving drunk I fallow them... its kind of hard for them to hit you if your behind them.

mike37
08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
I have called before
if there swerving I call

OverKill
08-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Thank God for you. I wish you were there to stop the guy that hit me drunk. What is your address I want to send you $50.00 for the work.
OverKill

GHT
08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
F-that, I am calling, that is againts the law as well.:D
What, swerving or getting a BJ?:confused: :idea: :jawdrop:

OverKill
08-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Better yet. My dad lives in Hendrson NV. He is off of Horizon and the 95. I will send you up his way for payment and shoot the shit with him. Thanks again
OverKill

Jyruiz
08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
What, swerving or getting a BJ?:confused: :idea: :jawdrop:
Fallatio while driving is againts the law, and don't worry, I am just hating, enjoy.:D

RitcheyRch
08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Road head is always good. :D
Fallatio while driving is againts the law, and don't worry, I am just hating, enjoy.:D

beaverretriever
08-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Better yet. My dad lives in Hendrson NV. He is off of Horizon and the 95. I will send you up his way for payment and shoot the shit with him. Thanks again
OverKill
LOL, no money needed..:) I love being a vigilante:D

GHT
08-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Road head is always good. :D
Just getting my "swerve" on.:D

I'mTheBeaver
08-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Thank God for you. I wish you were there to stop the guy that hit me drunk. What is your address I want to send you $50.00 for the work.
OverKill
I am really sorry for what happened to you. (I don't like to refer to drunk driving crashes as "an accident" because accidents can't be avoided whereas drunk driving can if only the person drinking didn't get in their car. That simple.)
Any updates on the outcome of your situation?

OverKill
08-01-2007, 08:50 PM
I am really sorry for what happened to you. (I don't like to refer to drunk driving crashes as "an accident" because accidents can't be avoided whereas drunk driving can if only the person drinking didn't get in their car. That simple.)
Any updates on the outcome of your situation?
As of last week I now have two doctors planning surgery on Sept 10th. I have only been walking for a month (very little that is). After this next surgery I will be layed up in bed for another month. Operation will be on, Left femur, right elbow, right tendons on foot. I am told I will be in and out of surgeries for the next 2 to 3 years. Good news is after I have surgery on my left leg, I can finaly get to work on my wife. Because she is gettin tired of being on top LOL. Hell I like it so much I asked the doctor if I could put off this next surgery. Only in America

OverKill
08-01-2007, 08:53 PM
LOL, no money needed..:) I love being a vigilante:D
Well at least let my dad come over and say hello to that great ass in your avatar.
LMAO

socalmoney
08-01-2007, 09:04 PM
I read a disturbing article today (http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=6867527&Call=Email&Format=HTML) about the rate of drivers arrested under the influence of alcohol or drugs and that the metro police just recorded their 100th fatality (so far) this year with a good number of those related to DUIs.
Okay...an average of 700 arrests per month is astounding. It doesn't sound like the problem will decrease any time soon in a city where alcohol is so readily available. The least we can do is be proactive in hopes of saving someone's life because that victim can be a friend or family member and that's what we keep in mind.
There are 1 million open DUI cases in American courts at any given time. Crazy number.

rocket98
08-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Overkill
The sh*t hole that hit you sure has taken alot of your life away. Man ... I can feel for you. Put the POS away. I'm glad that you are doing better. If you ever need anything let me know. I'm only a little bit away, Power Ranch. I lov to drink beer, but the Taxi cab fares out here are outragious. Nortons to PW 40.00. I would rather pay that.

I'mTheBeaver
08-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Wow. That's crazy.
It's not the drinking (by no means is that frowned upon), it's that the drunkard gets into their car without any consideration of the fact that they are too impaired to drive and will possible injure themselves or others--the complete innocent who did not ask to get hit or killed.
I think those convicted of drunk driving and manslaughter should spend their lives doing community service where they upkeep the graves of those they have killed as a constant reminder that while they get to enjoy their freedom, their victims who are less fortunate are 10 feet under because of them.
Sorry, this thread is filed under Things that Absolutely Piss Me Off in my book. I will stop ranting.

I'mTheBeaver
08-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Overkill
The sh*t hole that hit you sure has taken alot of your life away. Man ... I can feel for you. Put the POS away. I'm glad that you are doing better. If you ever need anything let me know. I'm only a little bit away, Power Ranch. I lov to drink beer, but the Taxi cab fares out here are outragious. Nortons to PW 40.00. I would rather pay that.
In Overkill's case, if I were the judge, I would sentence that piece of poo to a lifetime of boat cleaning and waxing for Overkill's boat and every holiday, the hot boaters'.
I really hope that guy is severely punished one way or another because I don't think people like him ever learn until they kill themselves.
Like the guy tonight...if he got away with drunk driving this time, he'll do it again. He won't be thinking that he could've gotten arrested or hurt or killed somebody. He'll just be happy that he didn't get caught and he'll do it again.

I'mTheBeaver
08-01-2007, 09:26 PM
As of last week I now have two doctors planning surgery on Sept 10th. I have only been walking for a month (very little that is). After this next surgery I will be layed up in bed for another month. Operation will be on, Left femur, right elbow, right tendons on foot. I am told I will be in and out of surgeries for the next 2 to 3 years. Good news is after I have surgery on my left leg, I can finaly get to work on my wife. Because she is gettin tired of being on top LOL. Hell I like it so much I asked the doctor if I could put off this next surgery. Only in America
One last thing...I wish you a speedy recovery!!!

2forcefull
08-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Every chance I get, I've got 13 skrews in my spin from one.
Normally when I see some one that is driving drunk I fallow them... its kind of hard for them to hit you if your behind them.
you been drink'n????
do you mean "screws in my spine"

I'mTheBeaver
08-01-2007, 09:36 PM
you been drink'n????
do you mean "screws in my spine"
LOL...http://www.hellodaly.com/GIF%20Animation/smiley_lol.gif
Hopefully he's not posting from his Blackberry in one hand and a Miller Chill in the other while driving.

dicudmore
08-01-2007, 09:45 PM
My wife and I went to dinner at a place down from our house. When we were walking to the car I saw a guy stumbling to his vehicle. I gave him the benifit of the doubt that he was just getting somthing out of his POS truck. We got in our truck then saw him haul ass out of the parking lot with a cigarette hanging out the window. We followed him for a few blocks. He was swerving all over the place, going at least 15mph over the speed limit. I thought he was going to hit sombody. I called the cops, worried this guy was going to kill somone.
I just feel if I didn't call the police and this guy kills sombody, I would feel horrible that I didn't try and do anything.
What an F-N asshole.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I didn't cut you off did I? SORRY

OverKill
08-01-2007, 10:58 PM
In Overkill's case, if I were the judge, I would sentence that piece of poo to a lifetime of boat cleaning and waxing for Overkill's boat and every holiday, the hot boaters'.
I really hope that guy is severely punished one way or another because I don't think people like him ever learn until they kill themselves.
Like the guy tonight...if he got away with drunk driving this time, he'll do it again. He won't be thinking that he could've gotten arrested or hurt or killed somebody. He'll just be happy that he didn't get caught and he'll do it again.
I will say this. You alway's here the drunk driver lives and the sober one dies. Well not in this case. This guy paid the ultimate price, with his life.

OverKill
08-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Overkill
Hey since I can't drive I can ask my wife to drop me off where ever and meet up with you. She works weekends. Or I can ask TAF/ Rob to give me a lift and hang out for a bit. Or if you have a designated driver you are more than welcome to come over to my place and drink 100 beers ;) . I am stuck here in this house all day and night so company is much appreciated. I must say TAF can cook a mean pork loin, that man is a good cook. So please let me know what free time you have, oh and I have a huge CHARCOLE BBQ. Nothing like steak and beer with a huge baked patato. OK I'm just bableing.
OverKill

Kachina26
08-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Several times.

CARLSON-JET
08-02-2007, 05:07 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154452
I didn't get any replies on that thread but, whatever.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4955DrunkBuster_edit-med.JPG

HokeySon
08-02-2007, 06:23 AM
I did once coming home from the river. Guy was all over the road. I was amazed -- never noticed a drunk driver before. I called chp and they kept me on the phone and asked me to keep track of him from a safe distance until an officer could catch up. Followed for about 15 mins, cruiser drives by, nods, follows him for a couple of swerves and hits the lights. Operator on the phone says, thank you sir, we have your number if we need you, we will take care of this now.

Miss Perfect
08-02-2007, 06:41 AM
I unknowingly called on my neighbor a few months ago. I came out of my house and her car was in the driveway, her window down, car running and she looked like she was sleeping. I looked in the car and she was in drive, with her foot on the brake. I reached in and put it in park then tried to wake her up. She was out cold. She smelled a bit like alcohol, but she always did so this was nothing new. I called her name, no response. I shook her a lil bit, no response. By this time I thought there was something seriously wrong with her so I called 911. When the emt's opened the passenger door, several vodka bottles fell out. They were finally able to wake her up and she was HAMMERED. She could not walk at all. I cannot believe that she made it home without killing someone. The cops came and arrested her and towed the car right out of her driveway.
She came over a few nights later and thanked me. She said this was the wake up call she needed to get her life back on track.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-02-2007, 06:49 AM
We have too. We were on our way to Tulsa Rib Co. on my birthday and were driving down Katella and some crazy woman was driving really eradic (sp?), swerving, hitting the breaks, speeding up, etc. But when she started driving down the center divide and then on the wrong side of the road, we called the cops. We were next to her at a signal and she had a bottle of vodka inbetween her legs and a 8 or 9 yr old boy in the front seat, no seat belts of course. She drove into the Pizza Hut parking lot and that is where the cops pulled up on her. Not sure what happened after that though.
Maybe I am spoiled because my husband does not drink so I always have a DD, but there are so many other options than drinking and driving. Hell, call AAA and say you need a tow.
Overkill, I hope your recovery is fast and painless. ;)

meaniam
08-02-2007, 06:51 AM
hell i grew up in lake arrowhead an have lost allot of friends or people i known. due to drunk driving. Jan 1st of 1996. 7 people died. 5 people in one wreck. 2 of them good friends. 1 of them my principle kid and sister of a buddy i played football with. 1 of them was an out of towner i didn't know. the 2 that lived 1 was a very beautiful girl messed up for life scared her face bad plastic hip. the other one messed up in the head. it was a 100mph accident mustang vs s10 blazer. speedo froze at 50 mph. lic plate stamped into other car.
the f-ed up part about it was the mustang which caused the wreck, the owner was sleeping it off in the back seat. and his friends used the car for beer run. he was 1 of the 2 that lived. i just came home and heard all the sirens take off.
another buddy rolled his car off the 18 drunk he was a vegetable. that was the last car they placed in front of the high school. had dried up blood all over the inside.
i have plenty more story's but those 2 messed me up the most
the scary part about drinking for me is i can see how easy it is for people to think they are okay to drive. i can take a whole bunch of shots. and i dont feel a thing. it seems as thou i am perfectly normal. hell sometimes i will even forget i drank. this is why either me or my wife will always be sober. no matter what. even if its one drink.

I'mTheBeaver
08-02-2007, 07:32 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154452
I didn't get any replies on that thread but, whatever.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4955DrunkBuster_edit-med.JPG
That is neat! Way to go--it's a good thing they got caught.

rocket98
08-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Hey since I can't drive I can ask my wife to drop me off where ever and meet up with you. She works weekends. Or I can ask TAF/ Rob to give me a lift and hang out for a bit. Or if you have a designated driver you are more than welcome to come over to my place and drink 100 beers ;) . I am stuck here in this house all day and night so company is much appreciated. I must say TAF can cook a mean pork loin, that man is a good cook. So please let me know what free time you have, oh and I have a huge CHARCOLE BBQ. Nothing like steak and beer with a huge baked patato. OK I'm just bableing.
OverKill
I really would like to hook up with both of you guys. I know what your going thru with the rehab. I've had 3 ACL reconstructions and that was a year for each one. I got invited for my first rhino ride this weekend. And were headed up to Globe. Man....I can't wait. Will PM you my number.

Dave C
08-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Back in the days they used to drop off a wrecked car from a DUI accident on the front law of the High School for a few days.
Good idea. IMO
Gives all those know-it-all kids a dose of reality.

I'mTheBeaver
08-02-2007, 07:48 AM
OverKill
OverKill, since you're housebound...we'll just hafta have the partay at your house!!!

Screaming Pete
08-02-2007, 09:03 AM
So i've called CHP a few times on drunk drivers, but the last one was classic. i'm in I 15 traffic going from Kerney mesa to Escondido and i'm next to a beat down old 240 Z. no tags pink sticker on the window and this guy thats been drinking all his life after work on the way home i'm sure is knocking back a Teacate or XX. finishes it crushes the can and throwes in in the back. for CRV i'm sure. reaches down and grabs another and pops it open. so i wave to him and give him the WTF dude and he gives me the bird. so i call CHP talk to them. stay behind them till the patrol car see's me and he gets pulled over. the officer calls me later, the dude had 3 dui's on the books. some folks make it a lifestyle i guess:eek:

Jay321
08-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I have done it and will do again in a heart beat. The last time, I was headed home from work on 2 lane hwy, a lady with unrestrained child in the front seat was ahead of me and was all over the road. ran 3 on-coming cars off the road onto the shoulder. I called OHP they kept me on the phone and at a safe distance. When I saw the OHP coming from opposite direction I pulled onto shoulder and he immediatly pulled over into my lane and I pointed the car out to him. She had just turned onto another hwy. He whipped a u-turn, pulled her over and took her to jail. Felt bad for the child but would have felt a lot worse if the child or someone else would have got hurt due to her stupid mother.

OverKill
08-02-2007, 04:21 PM
OverKill, since you're housebound...we'll just hafta have the partay at your house!!!
Oh heck ya. 2500 square feet of house should do it. Let's plan it out.:D

I'mTheBeaver
08-03-2007, 08:24 PM
So i've called CHP a few times on drunk drivers, but the last one was classic. i'm in I 15 traffic going from Kerney mesa to Escondido and i'm next to a beat down old 240 Z. no tags pink sticker on the window and this guy thats been drinking all his life after work on the way home i'm sure is knocking back a Teacate or XX. finishes it crushes the can and throwes in in the back. for CRV i'm sure. reaches down and grabs another and pops it open. so i wave to him and give him the WTF dude and he gives me the bird. so i call CHP talk to them. stay behind them till the patrol car see's me and he gets pulled over. the officer calls me later, the dude had 3 dui's on the books. some folks make it a lifestyle i guess:eek:
Unbelievable. Since this is his fourth offense, at what point do they revoke his license?