PDA

View Full Version : exhaust manifold cooling

BrendellaJet
08-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Question: The hose that is circled below. Is this where the water escapes from the jacket and is mixed into the exhaust in the top tube? If so, what is to prevent reversion?
Would it be possible to move the mixing point to the exhaust tip instead of mixing here?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Imco.jpg
Thanks to Daytona100 for the pic :D

DMOORE
08-02-2007, 09:19 AM
That riser should be double walled. Most that I have seen are, unless they are designed for a dry exhaust.The water mixes with the exhaust at the end of the riser. Pull the hose and see if it is double-walled.
Darrell.

502 JET
08-02-2007, 10:31 AM
That riser should be double walled. Most that I have seen are, unless they are designed for a dry exhaust.The water mixes with the exhaust at the end of the riser. Pull the hose and see if it is double-walled.
Darrell.
That riser has to be double walled, if it wasn't the engine would surely fill with water revision or not.

DMOORE
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I figured as much, I just wasn't sure if it was a brand new part being put on or not. Ya, I bet it would fill it up in a minute or two.:)
Darrell.

BrendellaJet
08-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-03-2007, 03:56 PM
You could move the mix point to the tips, and melt off the rubber exhaust hoses in about 5 minuites.
The water mixes at the end of that riser, where it dumps downward into the rubber hose.

BrendellaJet
08-05-2007, 06:55 PM
You could move the mix point to the tips, and melt off the rubber exhaust hoses in about 5 minuites.
The water mixes at the end of that riser, where it dumps downward into the rubber hose.
THanks. Realized that once I saw a pic of where the water & exhaust mix... Im gonna bite the bullet and buy some lightnings.