PDA

View Full Version : Gift For Your Kids

dirty old man
08-02-2007, 09:04 AM
By the time we replace this administration; president and half the congress, we'll leave our kids and grandkids with in excess of $1 TRILLION in debt. We must vote out all incumbents

ratso
08-02-2007, 09:08 AM
By the time we replace this administration; president and half the congress, we'll leave our kids and grandkids with in excess of $1 TRILLION in debt. We must vote out all incumbents
That's their problem...:D

uvindex
08-02-2007, 09:11 AM
That's their problem...:DYeah, if they'd get off their fat asses and quit texting and playing video games they could have that trillion paid off in no time! :D

Wizard29
08-02-2007, 09:13 AM
We must vote out all incumbents
Sure. And replace them with the Hillarys of the world. Good idea.
What we really need to get rid of are illegals, welfare, and all of the BS social programs people just take advantage of.

Wizard29
08-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Damn double posts...

RitcheyRch
08-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Isnt that the truth.
Wizard29 for President. :D
Sure. And replace them with the Hillarys of the world. Good idea.
What we really need to get rid of are illegals, welfare, and all of the BS social programs people just take advantage of.

ratso
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah, if they'd get off their fat asses and quit texting and playing video games they could have that trillion paid off in no time! :D
That's what I'm talkin' about! If I get off ***boat in time tonight, I'm gonna have a serious talk with my son!:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Isnt that the truth.
Wizard29 for President. :D
even if he does repeat himself.. LOL!!:D :D

burtandnancy2
08-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Don't forget the $600,000,000 embassy we're building in Bagdad...

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Just to clarify, the National Debt today is nearly 9 trillion dollars. It's going to hard to ever bring this number to an acceptable one.

eliminatedsprinter
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
I agree we should thow the bums out.
However, I remember at the end of the Reagan administration they said the national debt was going to wipe out my future.:)

centerhill condor
08-02-2007, 12:25 PM
let's just print some more "C" notes...yea, wizard has my vote!

burtandnancy2
08-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Nine Trillion? Thats a lot of bucks...

Schiada76
08-02-2007, 01:00 PM
What's that as a % of GNP?

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 01:09 PM
What's that as a % of GNP?
It doesn't matter as we are spending 1.3 billion a day more than we taking in.
GNP or no GNP

eliminatedsprinter
08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Yea!! Lets all vote for Dems so they can tax all us individuals into debt and wipe out the "National debt". Then the govenrnment can have a lot more money to hire more regulators and send Members of Congress on better vacations ( I mean help the poor:rolleyes: ) with...;)

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Yea!! Lets all vote for Dems so they can tax all us individuals into debt and wipe out the "National debt". Then the govenrnment can have a lot more money to hire more regulators and send Members of Congress on better vacations ( I mean help the poor:rolleyes: ) with...;)
Reduced spending would be a start. We have had Republicans running the Country for almost 7 years at the executive level and almost 13 years at the congressional level. The GOP hasn't done what most would consider a an acceptable job of budgeting our resources. Easy to blame the next administration for the current administration's blunders. But not proper.

eliminatedsprinter
08-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Reduced spending would be a start. We have had Republicans running the Country for almost 7 years at the executive level and almost 13 years at the congressional level. The GOP hasn't done what most would consider a an acceptable job of budgeting our resources. Easy to blame the next administration for the current administration's blunders. But not proper.
Correction:
We have had a bunch of RINO's running the country for the last 7 years.:)
Of course, we will blame the next administration for this administration's mess ups and we will also give them credit for this administrations successes as well. This is how it has always worked. Most government actions produce delayed results and the administration in power at the time those results reach fruition gets the credit/blame. That is one reason why people need to study the past, look hard for flaws, and then think things through (ad nauseam) before they attempt any change of public policy.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Correction:
We have had a bunch of RINO's running the country for the last 7 years.:)
Of course, we will blame the next administration for this administration's mess ups and we will also give them credit for this administrations successes as well. This is how it has always worked. Most government actions produce delayed results and the administration in power at the time those results reach fruition gets the credit/blame. That is one reason why people need to study the past, look hard for flaws, and then think things through before they attempt any change of public policy.
That's better ES. Very well stated
RINO ??

burtandnancy2
08-02-2007, 02:13 PM
How many zero's in a trillion...

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 02:23 PM
How many zero's in a trillion...
1,000,000,000,000 = one trillion or 1000 billion
http://brillig.com/debt_clock/

Schiada76
08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
It doesn't matter as we are spending 1.3 billion a day more than we taking in.
GNP or no GNP
Really? That's odd. The quick search I did seems to contradict that theory.
Please educate me further.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Really? That's odd. The quick search I did seems to contradict that theory.
Please educate me further.
The Debt icreases by 1.33 billion per day. Odd but a fact.
No desire to attempt to educate you, Schiada.

Schiada76
08-02-2007, 02:39 PM
The Debt icreases by 1.33 billion per day. Odd but a fact.
No desire to attempt to educate you, Schiada.
Then maybe you should educate yourself first.
Here's a start.
Despite the barrage of negative press regarding the national deficit, a little research reveals the news is far less dire than it is being portrayed.
The gross domestic product (GDP), which forecasts the amount of money taken in through taxes by the government versus the amount of government spending, is best looked at in percentages as the nation's economy continues to grow each decade. According to the Office of Management and Budget, a comparison of administrative deficits for the last 20 years is as follows:
Reagan 1983 $208 billion deficit 6% GDP
Bush 1992 $290 billion deficit 4.7% GDP
Clinton 1993 $255 billion deficit 3.9% GDP
Bush 2003 $374 billion deficit 3.5% GDP
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!!:rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Then maybe you should educate yourself first.
Here's a start.
Despite the barrage of negative press regarding the national deficit, a little research reveals the news is far less dire than it is being portrayed.
The gross domestic product (GDP), which forecasts the amount of money taken in through taxes by the government versus the amount of government spending, is best looked at in percentages as the nation's economy continues to grow each decade. According to the Office of Management and Budget, a comparison of administrative deficits for the last 20 years is as follows:
Reagan 1983 $208 billion deficit 6% GDP
Bush 1992 $290 billion deficit 4.7% GDP
Clinton 1993 $255 billion deficit 3.9% GDP
Bush 2003 $374 billion deficit 3.5% GDP
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!!:rolleyes:
The National Debt and the budget deficit are not one in the same. And you tell me to get educated. What a laugh you are Shiada.

Schiada76
08-02-2007, 02:53 PM
The National Debt and the budget deficit are not one in the same. And you tell me to get educated. What a laugh you are Shiada.
So I'll ask again. Educate me. I'm waiting and willing to learn.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 02:57 PM
So I'll ask again. Educate me. I'm waiting and willing to learn.
Shiada, educate yourself and then we can discuss.

Schiada76
08-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Ok so my simple mind can grasp that the increase in the budget deficit adds to the national debt.
So what?
Explain the full ramifications of same and the ultimate detriment or benefit to the US econmy as a whole over, lets say, the next fifty years?

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Ok so my simple mind can grasp that the increase in the budget deficit adds to the national debt.
So what?
Explain the full ramifications of same and the ultimate detriment or benefit to the US econmy as a whole over, lets say, the next fifty years?
Again

Schiada76
08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Again
Thats what I thought. You don't know.:rolleyes:

burtandnancy2
08-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Boys, boys, back off. We're still in a deep hole and there's not much light coming thru...

ULTRA26 # 1
08-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Thats what I thought. You don't know.:rolleyes:
Do some research on the following:
The National Debt in the borrowed amount owed to the General Fund. Interest is due and payable on this borrowed amount. Again, when you understand that the General Fund is funded by income tax revenues and that the National Debt is increasing by 1.33 billion a day, let's talk again.
Boys, boys, back off. We're still in a deep hole and there's not much light coming thru...
With all due respect. I believe that the National Debt is a very serious issue that is one that will, in many ways, have a negative effect for many, many years. Please excuse my getting annoyed when someone tries to make light of this very serious issue.