PDA

View Full Version : plasma tv lift systems

whiteworks
08-02-2007, 09:33 AM
I have a client and we are talking about doing a built in 50" plasma tv lift out of a pony wall in there house. have done a quick bit of research on available equipment and have found many. the one I am leaning towards is an AUTON motorized system.http://www.auton.comthis company seems to have a good product and longest warranty "4 years" plus they are located in California and have been around for a while. does anyone have any experience with this company or any recommendations of other companies?

socalmoney
08-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Not sure about the lifts but their site looks sweet.

Jyruiz
08-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Check with these guys,
http://www.diamondcase.com/Contact.HTML
most of what they do is custom, they are in Anaheim.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-02-2007, 09:48 AM
I would love to do something like that in Parker.

Relaxalot
08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
We just put one in a house in Idlywild. It was an Auton unit custom made for a 60" TV. I own a manufacturing company that custom builds home theaters, store interiors or whatever you want. We just put the unit in but it looks well made and seems to operate smoothly and quietly.
Cons: no safety features
I was concerned that perhaps a finger could be caught and you could lose one
I made the top of the cabinet with dowels so that if something was caught it would come off before a finger.
Expense: this unit was around 2800.00 I thought this was very pricey but I needed something to lift the 180lb TV and 60"
You can call me if you have more questions.
Dan
951-288-5440

whiteworks
08-02-2007, 10:01 AM
We just put one in a house in Idlywild. It was an Auton unit custom made for a 60" TV. I own a manufacturing company that custom builds home theaters, store interiors or whatever you want. We just put the unit in but it looks well made and seems to operate smoothly and quietly.
Cons: no safety features
I was concerned that perhaps a finger could be caught and you could lose one
I made the top of the cabinet with dowels so that if something was caught it would come off before a finger.
Expense: this unit was around 2800.00 I thought this was very pricey but I needed something to lift the 180lb TV and 60"
You can call me if you have more questions.
Dan
951-288-5440
great insight on the dowels.:D

Relaxalot
08-02-2007, 10:06 AM
another idea we may use....
This is a large custom made wall unit. We are thinking of installing the remote control in a fixed location in the room. Mounted to the inside of a cabinet across the room.
This will eliminate the temptation of the any children playing with the unit. Or, any ***boaters acting like children...
another idea...
depending on design you can sometimes put a "stash box " behind the unit.
we also made a hinged chase for the wiring to avoid pinching or damaging the wires