PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned Dog Dies In Hot Car, Owner Arrested

DesertGirl
08-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Abandoned Dog Dies In Hot Car, Owner Arrested
SLIDESHOWS: View The Day's Top Photos
VIDEO: Watch The Latest News
(CBS) CANOGA PARK, Calif. A man was arrested for felony "animal neglect" after his dog was left unattended in a car in Canoga Park and died of apparent heat exhaustion, authorities said Thursday.
Bennett Goldberg, 55, was taken into custody Tuesday afternoon, the Los Angeles Department of Animal Services reported. He was held on $20,000 bail, according to the sheriff's department.
A witness saw Goldberg's Labrador retriever about 1 p.m. Tuesday in an unlocked car in the 6800 block of Owensmouth Avenue, officials said.
Someone called 911, and another person tried to give the dog some water, but the animal went into convulsions and died, officials said. Police arrested Goldberg a short time later.
If convicted of felony animal neglect, Goldberg could face up to three years in prison.

DesertGirl
08-02-2007, 10:28 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Miss Perfect
08-02-2007, 10:30 AM
I cannot believe someone would be that fricken stupid.
poor doggy :(

RitcheyRch
08-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Do the same to him and she how he likes it. Bastards. RIP little doggy.

79Challenger
08-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Sadly, I am not surprised. People do this with their kids all the time.

DesertGirl
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I can't believe people don't learn :(

topless
08-02-2007, 11:19 AM
This is unforgivable. People do this way too often. There was a lady last year when it was really hot that left a little dog in her car while she went grocery shopping and the store announced of the loud speaker for her to come to the front and made her leave. I just shook my head at her and she started yelling at me. Some people should have been put to sleep at birth.

pixilatedpussy
08-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Abandoned Dog Dies In Hot Car, Owner Arrested
SLIDESHOWS: View The Day's Top Photos
VIDEO: Watch The Latest News
(CBS) CANOGA PARK, Calif. A man was arrested for felony "animal neglect" after his dog was left unattended in a car in Canoga Park and died of apparent heat exhaustion, authorities said Thursday.
Bennett Goldberg, 55, was taken into custody Tuesday afternoon, the Los Angeles Department of Animal Services reported. He was held on $20,000 bail, according to the sheriff's department.
A witness saw Goldberg's Labrador retriever about 1 p.m. Tuesday in an unlocked car in the 6800 block of Owensmouth Avenue, officials said.
Someone called 911, and another person tried to give the dog some water, but the animal went into convulsions and died, officials said. Police arrested Goldberg a short time later.
If convicted of felony animal neglect, Goldberg could face up to three years in prison.
:( :mad: :( :mad: WTF is wrong with people?????????

DesertGirl
08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I'd really like for the stupid people of the world to suffer through what they put their animals through. It's very sad to see all the animal abuse stories in the news lately. Some people just don't get it and should not be animal owners. :mad:

HokeySon
08-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I cannot believe someone would be that fricken stupid.
poor doggy :(
I used to think the same thing. Then, one morning, I went for coffee, came home and started working around the house. A couple of hours later, my daughter says "when are your going to pick up Jack (the dog) from the groomer?" "Huh? I didn't take him to the groomer, he must have gotten out." "No," she says, "you took him with you this morning so you must have taken him to the groomer." Whereupon I realized that Jack was still laying down in the back of the car. Went over, openned the door and he comes bounding out -- happy as can be.
I also saw a thing on TV recently about how parents forget their kids in the car and the conclusion was that they just get wrapped up in other things on their mind and that it can happen to anyone.
If I do this again though I am just going to get in the car and tell the kids I am going looking for Jack. Drive around the block, come home and tell them I found him. Then I won't have to admit to being so stupid.

BoatPI
08-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Lock him up.

pixilatedpussy
08-02-2007, 12:02 PM
I used to think the same thing. Then, one morning, I went for coffee, came home and started working around the house. A couple of hours later, my daughter says "when are your going to pick up Jack (the dog) from the groomer?" "Huh? I didn't take him to the groomer, he must have gotten out." "No," she says, "you took him with you this morning so you must have taken him to the groomer." Whereupon I realized that Jack was still laying down in the back of the car. Went over, openned the door and he comes bounding out -- happy as can be.
I also saw a thing on TV recently about how parents forget their kids in the car and the conclusion was that they just get wrapped up in other things on their mind and that it can happen to anyone.
If I do this again though I am just going to get in the car and tell the kids I am going looking for Jack. Drive around the block, come home and tell them I found him. Then I won't have to admit to being so stupid.
I hope your windows were open!:(