PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 Bridgeport EFI [I need advice]

Rebelman
03-25-2002, 11:00 AM
I just bought a used 2.4 EFI Bridgeport powerhead to replace my 2.4 carb on my HST. I have a couple of questions on set-up.What,s the right fuel pump?Do I need to get a foam-filled fuel tank or baffled one that drains from the bottom?And what exhaust tuner.I here that Bob,s Machine Shop's tuner will work fine.I use the boat for general purpose and drag race a couple of times a year.I didn't build the boat to be the fastest, just respectable.[See photo in outboard pics.]Any help would be appreciated.

HavasuDreamin'
03-25-2002, 11:16 AM
IMHO, you don't need a baffled fuel tank unless you really want one! I am running a 2.4L Carb. Bridgeport. I have a custom aluminum tank in my center pod. I recommend having the fuel come out the top of the tank instead of the bottom. You need a fuel pick-up (piece that screws into the top of the tank and runs straight down to the bottom about 1/8 inch off the bottom of the tank). Run your gas line from the pick up to a water fuel seperater then to the fuel pump, then to the motor. I run a Holly Blue electric fuel pump with a regulater. Set the regulater at 6 PSI. You can get the fuel pump from Summit Racing, Jegs, etc. The reason for the fuel to come from the top of the tank is that if you get any water in your bilge, it won't have ANY chance of getting into the gas should a slight leak develop over time. Good Luck! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

Rebelman
03-25-2002, 11:55 AM
I appreciate the quick response. I just asked for your help in the forum with the triplets.I run the Holley pump now with my carb moter,but was told I need the 30psi Merc pump for the EFI.Plus I need to run a return line.

HavasuDreamin'
03-25-2002, 12:05 PM
I highly doubt you need to run 30PSI for an EFI Set-up, but then again I have carbs. If for some reason you do, I believe a "Holley Black" fuel pump will work! I like G-Force tuners, but Bob's makes good stuff too!
[This message has been edited by HavasuDreamin' (edited March 25, 2002).]

AllisonMerc
03-25-2002, 08:38 PM
Actually the fuel pump that is shipped with the Bridgeport EFI is a 90 psi with a fuel regulator set from 38-42 usable pressure.
Mark

Rebelman
03-27-2002, 12:00 PM
HavasuDreamin,what intake and carbs are you running now?I hope I can get more info on my EFI questions.I'm gettin the need for speed.

HavasuDreamin'
03-27-2002, 12:53 PM
Stock intake, stock carbs, 92 jets, 155PSI/cylinder. Will cross drilling my intake do anything for me? I am thinking about doing this and adding the thin head gasket for more compression. I am currently running 26cc heads and the stock gasket!
[This message has been edited by HavasuDreamin' (edited March 27, 2002).]

Rebelman
03-27-2002, 02:27 PM
H D I'm not a motorhead.I was hoping you were.I'm a auto painter by trade.I painted everything on my HST except the mural on the bow.I do some work on the motor,but nothing major.

nirto shop
03-29-2002, 08:35 PM
How about a part # for the thin 2.4
gaskets?
jerry

Jrocket
03-29-2002, 09:55 PM
For the efi motors you need to run the correct pump.39lb regulator should be on your fuel rail already.Most of the efi set ups run Bosch pumps or equivalant to one.Try to buy one used,new price on a merc unti will kill ya.A return line to the tank is needed.............JR