PDA

View Full Version : hp 500 EFI

throwerb
08-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I just bought a boat with a hp 500 EFI and the guy I bought it from had drained the tanks he said to get all the old gas out of it. I primed the filter and then used an outboard type hand fuel pump to draw the fuel up to the pump and it ran great after that. Then yesterday I filled both fuel tanks and it lost it's prime again after running for about a minute on the trailer. Any ideas what may be going on?

Itsahobby
08-02-2007, 05:18 PM
How is your fuel pressure?
The pump might be going south, after it runs for a while the pump maybe heating up.
Just a guess, though.
You may have to change the fuel filters. Might of been some junk in the tank.

throwerb
08-02-2007, 05:48 PM
How is your fuel pressure?
The pump might be going south, after it runs for a while the pump maybe heating up.
Just a guess, though.
You may have to change the fuel filters. Might of been some junk in the tank.
Good idea I will check the filters and pressure. I also thought it may be the pump going out just not sure how to check it.

NashvilleBound
08-04-2007, 04:14 AM
Call one of your friends whom you have not called in a while and he'll come over, check out the new ride...then try to help you get it fixed. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, now who would that be??????????:idea: :idea: :idea: :D

throwerb
08-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Call one of your friends whom you have not called in a while and he'll come over, check out the new ride...then try to help you get it fixed. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, now who would that be??????????:idea: :idea: :idea: :D
Hey Jeff I will do that this week. How is the family? Any luck with selling that beautiful boat of yours? The new boat is a 26' Howard Cat, I'm still trying to find the jet pump on it:confused: :confused: :D

NashvilleBound
08-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey Jeff I will do that this week. How is the family? Any luck with selling that beautiful boat of yours? The new boat is a 26' Howard Cat, I'm still trying to find the jet pump on it:confused: :confused: :D
Cool..... we've been wondering whats up. We need ot get everyone together again! Had a few calls on the Magic...no takers. Howard cat eh??? I bet its very nice. With the HP500 it must run good too!! When is the Whipple going on??? LOL.... You keep lookiing for the pump...Im sure its there....:D :D

soupersonic
08-05-2007, 03:24 PM
That sounds like the regulator to me. It happened to me before, its a bitch to get to . Good luck ;)

throwerb
08-06-2007, 04:08 AM
That sounds like the regulator to me. It happened to me before, its a bitch to get to . Good luck ;)
Any way to check it?