PDA

View Full Version : Any Watch Connoisseurs?

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 06:22 AM
So I'm looking to buy my first watch. I dont wear watches so I dont want to spend too much money just in case I end up not liking it. So, I'm looking at a few options for an entry-level watch. I have narrowed it down to these two watches.
Tag Heuer 2000
http://www.watchclick.com/itemimages/wk1112-ba0311.jpg
Tissot T-Touch
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/jomashop_1960_24874155
Since price is an issue, I can pick up the Tag Heuer for $695, originally is $996, however is an old model and is no longer made (replaced by the Link)
The Tissot T-Touch is $418 and is originally $695. The Tissot is more casual but can be worn dressy too, it also has a pretty cool rubber band (orange and black) and the Tag is, well, its a Tag, one of the best watches made, but its almost twice as much.
I appreciate your guy's opinion.

rrrr
08-03-2007, 06:25 AM
My Tag has been bulletproof. I've worn it for 13 years.

franky
08-03-2007, 06:30 AM
Tag. I have the 2000, different color, wife has a couple, one dress, one sport. Bullet proof watches. Poor (practical) mans Rolex. The first Tag we got I found in the driveway of a gas station. It had been run over a few times. Took it in and had the crystal replaced and cleaned up. Wife wears it to this day (utility watch). Although I do love the submariner and Rolex in general, can't see tying up that kind of money money on a watch. Wife has fancy one, just not me. Too Beverly Hills/baller/status.
But then again Lori and I have that annual argument about why she (selfishly) would tie up that much money on any jewelry when you could buy a lot more of lifes enjoyments (shared) using that money for something else. However, when I do get dumb enough to start that argument, she drags me out to my shop and asks how much those blowers or those motors or those CMI's or those boats cost, so I seldom bring it up.
My daily driver is a Seiko Eco-drive titanium watch LOVE it. Lighter than heck so don't even know you have it on.
IMO

spectras only
08-03-2007, 06:41 AM
The Breitlings I like are 20K+ , but saw some affordable ones at Costco lately ;) . I wear a dress gold Eterna , but prefer my Fossil Sport Chronograph for everyday use , especially on the boat .The Fossils come with an 11 year warranty to boot .
Here's the Fossil I have , it looks much bigger in life .
http://www.google.com/products?q=Fossil+Chronograph+watches&hl=en&um=1&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Spectra, the way I see it, I'm looking to buy my first weekend sports car, I dont want to start off with anything too crazy in case I dont like it or have time for it. So I start off with a mustang (Tissot), move up to a Vette (Tag) then if I really like it, go for the Ferrari (Breitling,Cartier,Rolex).
I could go spend $5k on a watch, but how mad would I be if I dont like wearing it? PISSED!!!
P.S- Great looking Fossil!!

boat030
08-03-2007, 06:47 AM
TAG for sure

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 06:50 AM
You guys have to keep in mind, its an old Tag, no longer made, obsolete, etc.

franky
08-03-2007, 06:54 AM
You guys have to keep in mind, its an old Tag, no longer made, obsolete, etc.
Tags will never be obsolete, go for it, good deal.

Steamin' Rice
08-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Those are both nice watches - If you haven't already, you may want to check out Feldmar Watch in LA - They are a dealer for multiple different watch brands, and they have some great deals. I bought a Breitling from them a couple of years ago.
http://www.feldmarwatch.com/catalog.html

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Those are both nice watches - If you haven't already, you may want to check out Feldmar Watch in LA - They are a dealer for multiple different watch brands, and they have some great deals. I bought a Breitling from them a couple of years ago.
http://www.feldmarwatch.com/catalog.html
Steamin Rice, thats funny, that is where my dad buys his watches and when I finally decide is where I be buying the Tissot, a guy named Ryan over there has been so helpful with me in making an informed decision. The only downfall is, he does not have the Tag, they are really not available in stores anymore, just a few online stores. That is another thing, I would rather walk in and buy the Tissot from Feldmar since they are so cool instead of buying the Tag from an online watch oulet.

Baja Big Dog
08-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Im not sure anyone can come no here and say one is better than the other, you don't hear any problems with watches now a days. Tag has always made a nice watch, "entry level" I guess would be a good word, especially for a watch that will more than likely out last you!!
Not a bad price either, if its from a reputable source, you cant imagine how many "knock offs" are out there, and you cant imagine how many quality knock offs are out there!!!!
The Tissot is a wanna be, I am not a big fan of anything digital on a watch, makes it look cheese cake!! (although I did have one of those cool calculator watches years ago!)
I have a bad Rolex, and Panerai habit, trust me stick to the Tag!!!:D
There is a beautiful moon phase Rolex (circa 1950's) on Ebay right now for a bargin price of $166,000, but its got 6 days left, should take it close to a quarter million!!!!!! I dont love watches that much!!!!!

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 07:05 AM
The Tag is from an online outlet, dont know how much I trust it however they say they are certified and everything...

COELIMINATOR
08-03-2007, 07:11 AM
TAG.
Sam

Steamin' Rice
08-03-2007, 07:12 AM
The Tag is from an online outlet, dont know how much I trust it however they say they are certified and everything...
Is the online store an Authorized dealer for Tag? Some of the online stores sell "grey market" watches - These are genuine, brand new watches, but if you don't buy from an Authorized dealer you most likely won't have the manufacturer's warranty. Chances are you won't need the warranty anyways, but that's a risk you need to be aware of.

Steamin' Rice
08-03-2007, 07:13 AM
One more thing - Go to the TAG section at www.timezone.com and see if you can find any helpful info there.

kap
08-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Hallet19
Go to Feldmar and buy a Omega Seamaster [blueface w/date] you will love it.
It is also a nice boaters watch and looks good when you go out. On occassion, Costco has them in fine jewelry for about $1,100., if you do not like it Costco will take it back. I do not recall Feldmar's return policy---- I think it is once you buy it you own it!--- Something to think about it.
When you get ready to upgrade to a Audamar Piguet or Patek Phillipe that is when you want to do your homework:D :D .
KAP

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Hallet19
KAP
My dad has a Seamaster, so I can't get that, plus that is a little more than I want to spend right now, but I LOVE that watch, I've worn my dad's a few times.
I'm really leaning on the Tag, but I'd almost rather get the newer Link after I have had the Tissot for a little bit, assuming I like it. I think the Tissot is a slight step up from the Citizen and the Seiko, I was told its more of an in-between from those and the Tag.
Here is the link to the Tag
http://www.watchclick.com/tag-heuer/i-tag-heuer-2000-classic-quartz-men-157.html

Jordy
08-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Here is the link to the Tag
http://www.watchclick.com/tag-heuer/i-tag-heuer-2000-classic-quartz-men-157.html
Just buy the tag and be done with it. :D
I never used to wear a watch either. Then got my president and I flip out when I don't have it on. Wear it every day. ;)

hot_diggity_dog
08-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Just buy the tag and be done with it. :D
I never used to wear a watch either. Then got my president and I flip out when I don't have it on. Wear it every day. ;)
Shiat if Jordy has a Tag you better get one!:idea: :2purples:
I have a Tag too and I don't leave home without it.;) Great watch.:D
HDD:)

Kilrtoy
08-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Don't forget the price is always negotiable,
take atleast 20% off sticker

Jordy
08-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Shiat if Jordy has a Tag you better get one!:idea: :2purples:
No tag here. ;)
I have a Tag too and I don't leave home without it.;) Great watch.:D
HDD:)
Now if The HDD has a Tag, you should definately get one!!! :D :D :D

beaverretriever
08-03-2007, 07:35 AM
I have always loved nice watches ( I can't afford any of them though:D ). But if I were to purchase a new "expensive" watch today it would be an RMG. They are made in American and are absoulute aweseome. They are actually not to bad considering what others are going for. Most can be had for 2500-8000.
Don't get me wrong, I love Breightlings, Rolexs, Patek, etc but the RMG is 100% american and has been around forever. They are not a watch that you will see Puff Daddy wearing or a copy of at the swap meet. PURE CLASS!!!
http://www.rgmwatches.com/
http://www.rgmwatches.com/151P_003.jpg
http://www.rgmwatches.com/175.jpg

my21advantage
08-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Don't forget the price is always negotiable,
take atleast 20% off sticker
Where....at the flea market or downtown?

kap
08-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Hallett19 wrote:
So I'm looking to buy my first watch.
Save your ducket's and buy a nice one---- something you WILL want to wear versus this is how much I can afford right now.
The TAG is a nice watch however in terms of style it has been on the out's for quite some time.
Go to some watch stores in your local mall and try on a few that you really like you will find some really good pieces at a reasonable price.
Raymond Weil, is also a nice watch and they have a water proof model that is elegant and durable.
KAP
P.S. Follow your dad's lead Omega--- makes several models that are very different so you can have one that is not the same as your dad's.

thumbs
08-03-2007, 07:52 AM
This is a great entry level watch. And it's easy on the wallet.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/31T7V84GRGL_AA260_1.jpg

Baja Big Dog
08-03-2007, 07:57 AM
Gotta love it....went from a $700 watch, which may set you back more that you would want to spend, to 2-3 thousand watches......amazing.
If you like the Tag..get it......

voodoomedman
08-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Too many snobs in here. The thing is that lots of people want a Tag or Rolex or something to symbolize they have money or something. (Not saying that they aren't nice watches) People that are loaded with money wear other brands that are even higher quality and don't have the name recognition so they don't look like every average Joe with "A Rolly on their arm and pouring Sean Dom". Basically the Tag is a nice piece. If you like it get it. Tissot makes a nice watch. Personally I'm not a fan of the digital on that particular model and the Tag looks nicer. But that is just that model. My father in law has a nice gold and stainless Tissot that has a perpetual movement. I on the other hand like nice watches but stick to ones that are a few hundred and not a few thousand as I save my money and what I do spend goes to other things and not just watches. I have a Bulova Marine Star, stainless with a blue face that I get more compliments than if I were wearing a Breitling.

Baja Big Dog
08-03-2007, 08:07 AM
OK...cut the crap, step up to the plate..
http://cgi.ebay.com/18k-Patek-Philippe-Ref-5074-Minute-Repeater-Perpetual_W0QQitemZ320141313613QQihZ011QQcategoryZ 31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This will put you into the big leagues!!!

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 08:11 AM
I like the Omega Speedmaster, that is a pretty hot piece.
I tried a bunch on yesterday, I wont be able to try on the Tag though since no stores have them in stock...
I liked the stainless Tissot more than the Tag Carrera (I did not like the titanium Tissot, too light), the Link was really nice but again, looking at close to $2g's with tax and everything for that one, if you pay cost, lets call it $1700 if you wheel and deal after tax, and that is waay more than where I want to be for my first watch.

XFactor
08-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Just recieved my anniversary present last night. I saw this watch 5 years ago in San Francisco and my wife remembered me saying how unique it was. She waited 5 years to give it to me. Gotta love her for that. :D
Can anyone figure out why it's unique? :idea: Breitling Chrono-Matic.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Watch.jpg
I have over 40 watches. Watches that range from $25.00 to alot more than that.;) I'm definately a watch freak and like the unique ones more than the traditional ones. A couple of my favorites are my Techno-Marine and my Casio G-Shock. I think the one above will be my favorite for a while. :D

shippingguy
08-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Just recieved my anniversary present last night. I saw this watch 5 years ago in San Francisco and my wife remembered me saying how unique it was. She waited 5 years to give it to me. Gotta love her for that. :D
I have over 40 watches. Watches that range from $25.00 to alot more than that.;) I'm definately a watch freak and like the unique ones more than the traditional ones. A couple of my favorites are my Techno-Marine and my Casio G-Shock. I think the one above will be my favorite for a while. :D
The crown is on the left side of the watch case.

voodoomedman
08-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Maybe not the answer your looking for but could it be because it's a left handed watch (wear on your right wrist). I don't know too much about these things but I'm guess you don't see too many left handed Breitling's.

voodoomedman
08-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Oh sure type a small response and beat me to the punch.

Baja Big Dog
You suck!!!!:eek:
And when I tell your wife about the red head your banging on the side, she will marry me and I have a rather long list of watches on my wish list!!:D

yopengo
....Made for a lefty.

XFactor
08-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Bingo!
Left hand crowns are very rare.

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Would anyone be mad at me if I told them I'm now leaning on the Tissot? I know the half analog, half digi is not very traditional, but I like it, especially for the price.

OLD MAN ON THE LAKE
Seikos keep the best time.I am on my second Diver in 35 yrs and I beat the crap out of them. Have a nice Rolex and its a piece of shit.Its only good for catching trim.My .02

shippingguy
Bingo!
Left hand crowns are very rare.
So the prize is the watch then? I will PM the address to send it too:D
Very nice watch by the way.

dunaholic
08-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Spectra, the way I see it, I'm looking to buy my first weekend sports car, I dont want to start off with anything too crazy in case I dont like it or have time for it. So I start off with a mustang (Tissot), move up to a Vette (Tag) then if I really like it, go for the Ferrari (Breitling,Cartier,Rolex).
I could go spend $5k on a watch, but how mad would I be if I dont like wearing it? PISSED!!!
My advice before you buy anything is to start with a "Ford Pinto" (casio $39) to make sure you like wearing a watch first.

shippingguy
08-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Would anyone be mad at me if I told them I'm now leaning on the Tissot? I know the half analog, half digi is not very traditional, but I like it, especially for the price.
Does not matter what others think it is your money and your watch get what you want and like. Everybody is going to have a different opinion.

voodoomedman
08-03-2007, 08:27 AM
If that's what you like then go for it. It's your money. Still a nice watch.

shippingguy
08-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Oh sure type a small response and beat me to the punch.
Benefits of getting to the point.:D

XFactor
08-03-2007, 08:29 AM
So the prize is the watch then? I will PM the address to send it too:D
Very nice watch by the way.
The watch is in the mail.:D ;)

Kilrtoy
08-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Where....at the flea market or downtown?
Listen here SWATCH boy,
just because you went from a calculator Casio to a Swatch does not mean you KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS

shippingguy
08-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Geez. Look at my post above yours. Just let me answer the questions here for the both of us.

Steamin' Rice
08-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I agree - It's your money and your watch - Don't buy something because you want other people to be impressed. You are the one who will look at it every day, so get what you like.

Big Inch
08-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I bought a Tissot years ago and absolutely love it. I have more expensive watches and have always been somewhat of a watch enthusiast. My wife bought me the Tissot as a surprise years ago and since then I have rarely worn any of my other watches. Since that time many of my friends and relatives have become Tissot owners and all because they saw my watch and really liked it. As to it being a wanna-be. I don't agree with it. I think Tissot has been making watches since the 1800's? and my jeweler who sold it to my wife said the company started Omega or something like that. Don't quote me on it, it has been years. From an owner of both and long time fan of Tag. I prefer the Tissot.

spectras only
08-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Since we're onto watches ;) , I want to spam my Lorch
jeweller's lathe I'd like to sell , if any of you know a real
jeweller who could use it :idea: . It's almost identical to
the american made Bergeon.
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/bergeon%20lathe%20copy.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/bergeon%20lathe.1%20copy.jpg

voodoomedman
08-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Geez. Look at my post above yours. Just let me answer the questions here for the both of us.
You have some sort of camera in my house or something looking at what I write and then typing it up and posting in shorthand first. :idea:
I better put my underwear on. :D

shippingguy
08-03-2007, 08:49 AM
You have some sort of camera in my house or something looking at what I write and then typing it up and posting in shorthand first. :idea:
I better put my underwear on. :D
Yeah I heard that rash is bad:D

Cole Trickle
08-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Bought the better half a Tissot for Xmas a couple years back and she really likes it. Nice watch for the $$.
I was given a really nice gucci watch for my 20th b-day but I don't wear it much anymore. (small watch for a guy and a bit outdated)
I have wanted a Tag for a long time but everytime I get ready to buy one I end up holding on to the cash and spending it on something more practical.....like superchargers and plasmas;):D

thumbs
08-03-2007, 08:58 AM
No one liked my Casio?

spectras only
08-03-2007, 09:00 AM
No one liked my Casio?
Casio is a very reliable watch :)

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 09:02 AM
No one liked my Casio?
Me - "Nice Casio Thumbs"
Thumbs - "Yeah, thanks, its okay"
I think I'm going to Feldmar and buy the Tissot tomorrow. Stainless, silver face and an extra rubber band in black.

thumbs
08-03-2007, 09:04 AM
And it's almost water proof.

riverbound
08-03-2007, 09:44 AM
I have quite a few watches and have had pretty much everything from Casios to Brietlings.
Tags are probably my favorite and they build a GREAT watch. I would definitely go with the Tag. Tissot makes some pretty cool watches but not a big fan of the one you posted. An obsolete watch is not a bad thing, I actually prefer watches that are different (even though I wear a back/stainless Submariner on a daily basis).
Make sure to try on both and look for things like, is one heavier than the other?
I cant wear a watch that is light, they feel cheesey to me. I like the heavier watches, Rolex/Breitling.
Which one is more comfortable?
There are some watches that are just plain uncomfortable to me, Next to my sub, the tag is one of the most comfortable watches to me.

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 09:48 AM
That is the thing, I can't try on the Tag, I know its similar to the Aquaracer, but the 2000 is no longer in stores...

riverbound
08-03-2007, 09:52 AM
That is the thing, I can't try on the Tag, I know its similar to the Aquaracer, but the 2000 is no longer in stores...
If it is NOT an authorizedTag dealer, I would shy away from it due to the fact that 90+% of online stores are selling fakes. but also in this case he could have just bought some close outs. the tag is very similar in feel/weight to the newer "link" watches.
I have abuddy who is in the business of Fakes and his best fakes a jeweler couldnt tell the difference.

Kilrtoy
08-03-2007, 09:53 AM
buy the damn watch already
so what if it is last years model who will know
ONLY YOU.....
BUY THE DAMN TAG

SoCalHD
08-03-2007, 10:01 AM
My advice before you buy anything is to start with a "Ford Pinto" (casio $39) to make sure you like wearing a watch first.
This is some good advice here....I have a beautiful Tag that has been sitting in a drawer for 10 years or so since I can't stand wearing watches......

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 10:03 AM
This is some good advice here....I have a beautiful Tag that has been sitting in a drawer for 10 years or so since I can't stand wearing watches......
My biggest fear!
I'm getting the Tissot from Feldmar, if I like it, I'll get myself the Link for XMas!
Final answer!

syke-o
08-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I have the Tag 2000 steel/gold and i love it.... looks good and and feels solid...http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HD7GXH2ML._AA280_.jpg

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 10:19 AM
I have the Tag 2000 steel/gold and i love it.... looks good and and feels solid...http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HD7GXH2ML._AA280_.jpg
HOT!! Yeah, I really like it.... :(

PaPaG
08-03-2007, 10:52 AM
My biggest fear!
I'm getting the Tissot from Feldmar, if I like it, I'll get myself the Link for XMas!
Final answer!
Have you ever taken a look at a basic citizen eco-drive (range from 400-700), great looking watch and great for entry level..I have been a watch guy for decades and this seems to be a great entry level watch. Looks good, takes all the abuse you can throw at it, great boating watch to. Just my .02
Good luck with your first one..:D :D

franky
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Have you ever taken a look at a basic citizen eco-drive (range from 400-700), great looking watch and great for entry level..I have been a watch guy for decades and this seems to be a great entry level watch. Looks good, takes all the abuse you can throw at it, great boating watch to. Just my .02
yeah (oops, my post said Seiko) Citizen Eco-drive now that I look at the name, titanium, great watch, light so you don't even feel it plus about $300 (at least when I bought it 6 or 8 years ago. Yu can't stick it in a drawer or it will die. Needs some light.

OutCole'd
08-03-2007, 11:12 AM
yeah (oops, my post said Seiko) Citizen Eco-drive now that I look at the name, titanium, great watch, light so you don't even feel it plus about $300 (at least when I bought it 6 or 8 years ago. Yu can't stick it in a drawer or it will die. Needs some light.
That's what I wear for a daily watch and love it. Eco drive, perpetual calendar, titanuim, basically bullet proof. Great watch for the coin!

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm really jockin' this one, but I could not find it anywhere. I'm going to try it on when I go to Feldmar tomorrow.
http://www.xmission.com/~turq/Citizen/BT0000-58A.gif

PaPaG
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm really jockin' this one, but I could not find it anywhere. I'm going to try it on when I go to Feldmar tomorrow.
http://www.xmission.com/~turq/Citizen/BT0000-58A.gif
Give me a few minutes and I will get you a site that has citizens watches for the best price I have ever seen. I found it after I got my daily watch but I have bought a few as presents from the site and they were great...(about 6 months ago) You should be able to find yours on this site..wow some great prices.
http://www.bluedial.com/gg/citizen-watch.htm

BOBALOO
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
I WOULD NOT TRUST an online store for a watch. There are too many fakes out there, even on less expensive watches.
There is a Tag outlet in Cabazon.
I am very happy with the Citizen, this is the newest one, in titanium. Not a big deal if i lose it, as I lose everything at the river.:mad: 370$ OTD
http://www.princetonwatches.com/images/watches/BJ7020-55E.jpg

BOBALOO
08-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Give me a few minutes and I will get you a site that has citizens watches for the best price I have ever seen. I found it after I got my daily watch but I have bought a few as presents from the site and they were great...(about 6 months ago) You should be able to find yours on this site..wow some great prices.
http://www.bluedial.com/gg/citizen-watch.htm
I dont think there are any fake Citizens though. I found the same site after I bought this last one.

OutCole'd
08-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I WOULD NOT TRUST an online store for a watch. There are too many fakes out there, even on less expensive watches.
There is a Tag outlet in Cabazon.
I am very happy with the Citizen, this is the newest one, in titanium. Not a big deal if i lose it, as I lose everything at the river.:mad: 370$ OTD
http://www.princetonwatches.com/images/watches/BJ7020-55E.jpg
How the hell do you tell the time on that thing?? Looks like the inside of a damn computer with all those #'s:D :D
Just gave me a headache.

BOBALOO
08-03-2007, 12:07 PM
How the hell do you tell the time on that thing?? Looks like the inside of a damn computer with all those #'s:D :D
Just gave me a headache.
It is an aviators watch. It calcs fuel burn, converts nautical miles into time, multiplies, divides,and does all kinds of stuff. I like different watches than the usual.
Oh yeah, it tells time too.:D

superdave013
08-03-2007, 12:26 PM
without reading this entire thread you are doing the right thing for sure. I did the same and found out I HATE wearing a watch of any kind!!

Big Warlock
08-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Rolex

Froggystyle
I am a watch nut, and have some very nice pieces... I have had some REALLY nice pieces that I have bought then sold over the years as times got flush and then tight etc...
The watch I have worn every day since 1990 is a Citizen. First one was a graduation present in '90, wore it every day until I got my next one, an "Aqua Land" something or other in '96 for graduating BUD/s. I have worn that one for eleven years now, no problems. Sent it back for a battery once, didn't even have to pay.
For a classy, durable, accurate and quality every day timepiece, I feel it is impossible to beat Citizen. For $500 you are getting the cheapest Tag they make. For $400 you are getting Citizen's flagship.
Just a thought...

PaPaG
I dont think there are any fake Citizens though. I found the same site after I bought this last one.
Funny, I found it after I got mine to, it was about 150.00 less on the site than what I paid for it. As far as fake Citizens go, I agree, for as low cost as they are. The few I bought as gifts from this site were checked out at my local watch shop just in case before I gave them as the gifts, would have sucked finding out after if they were fakes...This site seems to be very reputable. But you never know unless you have done business with an online site before and have references. :D

River Lynchmob
08-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I did the same as many here I bought my first watch when I graduated in 95 which was a Sector chronograph (about $400 to $500) it was a heavy watch and I figured if I like this watch I will like just about anything. Well I loved that watch and wore it everyday until I got an Explorer II for my 30th b day. It took a few months to get used to but now i feel naked without a watch. Like Riverbound I prefer a heavier watch so i know it's there. Over the years I have turned into a watch ***** as well. You have the right idea buy something to try it out and see if you enjoy it if you do step up and get something you like better.

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I did the same as many here I bought my first watch when I graduated in 95 which was a Sector chronograph (about $400 to $500) it was a heavy watch and I figured if I like this watch I will like just about anything. Well I loved that watch and wore it everyday until I got an Explorer II for my 30th b day. It took a few months to get used to but now i feel naked without a watch. Like Riverbound I prefer a heavier watch so i know it's there. Over the years I have turned into a watch ***** as well. You have the right idea buy something to try it out and see if you enjoy it if you do step up and get something you like better.
When I turned 21 my dad bought me a Sector that I LOVED SO MUCH!! Very plain but very nice, perfect size and weight. It got stolen out of my Expo and I havent worn a watch since.
Of the watches I tried, the titanium ones were WAY to light, I like stainless.

Brewzed
08-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Breitling Steelfish. You can get one for under $3K. Water resistant to 6600 feet.

riverbound
08-03-2007, 01:47 PM
When I turned 21 my dad bought me a Sector that I LOVED SO MUCH!! Very plain but very nice, perfect size and weight. It got stolen out of my Expo and I havent worn a watch since.
Of the watches I tried, the titanium ones were WAY to light, I like stainless.
Im looking at 2 new ones right now, just havent decided which one yet.
Stainless is my preferance.
http://www.prestigetime.com/images/watches/a7332211b826-ss.jpg
http://www.prestigetime.com/images/watches/a4436212c652ss.jpg

Hallett19
08-03-2007, 01:50 PM
$3k is too many dabloons to blow on a my first watch :sqeyes:

riverbound
08-03-2007, 01:54 PM
If you spend that much....you will make sure to wear it ;) :D

EmpirE231
08-03-2007, 02:22 PM
I like BIG watches... I was really diggin breitlings (sp?) for a while... but for some reason can't get myself to fork out 5k +++ for a watch (or finance it like most people wearing them :eek: ) ... and then this came along... and I keep it OG! same brand I've been wearing since I was 18. mine has the white face though...
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36346&stc=1&d=1186179686

40FlatDeck
08-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Rolex
I think my next watch will be a Roller. That being said, I have had my TAG for over 10, 12 years and I love it. No complaints:)

Jbb
08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Dont wear a watch....dont care what time it is......:)

Froggystyle
08-03-2007, 03:22 PM
All that said, my next watch will definitely be a Panerai. That brand is the bomb... They really don't have a watch I don't like.

BOBALOO
08-03-2007, 03:25 PM
All that said, my next watch will definitely be a Panerai. That brand is the bomb... They really don't have a watch I don't like.
I saw 2 friends wearing Pams last time I was in Havasu. Nice!

wedge44
08-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Ya go with the t-touch....better half got me one 2 years ago ..I love that watch, I wear in the sierra's mammoth set on altimeter just see how high etc from one local to another, weather function let's you know when its' going to rain etc...great watch :D :D :D ......wedge

Steamin' Rice
08-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Panerai is on my wish list, along with IWC....

AZJD
08-03-2007, 03:34 PM
The Breitlings I like are 20K+ , but saw some affordable ones at Costco lately ;) . I wear a dress gold Eterna , but prefer my Fossil Sport Chronograph for everyday use , especially on the boat .The Fossils come with an 11 year warranty to boot .
Here's the Fossil I have , it looks much bigger in life .
http://www.google.com/products?q=Fossil+Chronograph+watches&hl=en&um=1&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title
Average cost of a Breitling is 5k

AZJD
08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
These are my new fav's...... They have some nice stuff. You can get some pretty sweet aftermarket bands for them too, if you don't go with the steel bracelet.

riverracerx
08-03-2007, 03:47 PM
I have a TAG and love it. This is mine. I paid $1200.00.
http://www.prestigetime.com/images/watches/wj1113.ba0575.jpg

beaverretriever
08-03-2007, 04:06 PM
For all the watch connoisseurs on here, nobody is even mentioning some of the best watches out there. :confused:
Most of these are not the big baller watches, but are awesome timepieces that can be had for 500-2500. And you won't look like everyone else.
Hamilton, Zenith (had a Zenith for a long time... great watch) Concord, Epos, and one of the coolest watches around that I know not to many people own is the Ball Watches. Ball has been around for over a 100yrs. They make kick butt looking, great working watches that are stylish and functional.
I think Tag makes a great watch, but there are plenty of others out there that are cooler, just as good, for the same price and you won't have the same watch as your buddy. From a cool standpoint the watches I mentioned win hands down. Plus they are all built as well as a Tag, Omega, etc.
Good luck.
A couple pix of the Ball watches I am talking about.
http://www.orolus.com/images/ball/DM1028C-SAJ-WH.jpg
http://www.orolus.com/images/ball/CM1092-S1J-BK.jpg

squirt'nmyload
08-03-2007, 04:06 PM
these are all nice watches but i gotta agree with jbb on this one :D :D

Goodtime$
08-03-2007, 05:02 PM
If your interested- i have an omega seamaster- the james bond watch i would consider selling cheap. Going to step up to something new and fresh.
pm me- bought it a tourneau in south coast plaza, have all papers and life warranty-cleaning

Pheelin Phroggy
08-03-2007, 07:27 PM
I have had my tissot for a cpl years now... picked it up in Berlin after a few hefe weizen beers.. never had a problem and it looks good at work and play

'78 gt boat
08-03-2007, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=kap;2710167]Hallet19
I have this exact watch and I love it.:D :D Good old James Bond watch
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r224/RYDNDTY/seamaster.jpg

HP350SC
08-03-2007, 10:04 PM
http://www.richardmille.com/us/home.php

HP350SC
08-03-2007, 10:10 PM
http://www.hublot.com/hublot_prod/site/hublot/index.php

selfmade
08-03-2007, 10:59 PM
For all the watch connoisseurs on here, nobody is even mentioning some of the best watches out there. :confused:
Most of these are not the big baller watches, but are awesome timepieces that can be had for 500-2500. And you won't look like everyone else.
Hamilton, Zenith (had a Zenith for a long time... great watch) Concord, Epos, and one of the coolest watches around that I know not to many people own is the Ball Watches. Ball has been around for over a 100yrs. They make kick butt looking, great working watches that are stylish and functional.
I think Tag makes a great watch, but there are plenty of others out there that are cooler, just as good, for the same price and you won't have the same watch as your buddy. From a cool standpoint the watches I mentioned win hands down. Plus they are all built as well as a Tag, Omega, etc.
Good luck.
A couple pix of the Ball watches I am talking about.
http://www.orolus.com/images/ball/DM1028C-SAJ-WH.jpg
http://www.orolus.com/images/ball/CM1092-S1J-BK.jpg
THis second watch is beautiful. On another note I have been looking for a watch myself, but i want a watch with a big face. Does anyone have any suggestions?

selfmade
08-03-2007, 11:00 PM
http://www.hublot.com/hublot_prod/site/hublot/index.php
Wow these are amazing I want to see one of these in person. THese are probably very expensive though.

Kilrtoy
08-03-2007, 11:21 PM
THis second watch is beautiful. On another note I have been looking for a watch myself, but i want a watch with a big face. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Here you go, 46MM face list for 5820, you can get it for 4600 OTD
Breitling World
http://www.redfingerprint.com/image/watches/BL_00/BreitlingA24322WHTSSNAVITIMER_big.jpg

Kilrtoy
08-03-2007, 11:25 PM
I like this one, 43MM face 4100OTD and nobody i have seen at the river has one, I love the blue face
http://www.redfingerprint.com/image/watches/BL_00/BreitlingA35350BLUEINDEXSSNAVITIMER_big.jpg

jbone
08-03-2007, 11:25 PM
For an "entry level watch" I like Citizen watches. Some day I'll probably get the Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver.
Hint hint. Christmas is coming up. Pm me if you are interested in making my day.:D
J

Kilrtoy
08-03-2007, 11:30 PM
I agree with alot of others, for entry level Citizen is the shit....
have 3 of them...

jbone
08-03-2007, 11:30 PM
I am a watch nut, and have some very nice pieces... I have had some REALLY nice pieces that I have bought then sold over the years as times got flush and then tight etc...
The watch I have worn every day since 1990 is a Citizen. First one was a graduation present in '90, wore it every day until I got my next one, an "Aqua Land" something or other in '96 for graduating BUD/s. I have worn that one for eleven years now, no problems. Sent it back for a battery once, didn't even have to pay.
For a classy, durable, accurate and quality every day timepiece, I feel it is impossible to beat Citizen. For $500 you are getting the cheapest Tag they make. For $400 you are getting Citizen's flagship.
Just a thought...
I agree 100%, see previous post. However, Citizen does not make them like they did then. Big, heavy, and tough. I still get my Citizen dive watches online. Many places still carry new inventory of the old ones. I think my first one was a Promaster. Now I also have the Aqualand with the black face and the 2 tone bracelet. I hated replacing the rubber bands every yr.
J

selfmade
08-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Here you go, 46MM face list for 5820, you can get it for 4600 OTD
Breitling World
http://www.redfingerprint.com/image/watches/BL_00/BreitlingA24322WHTSSNAVITIMER_big.jpg
That one is nice also. I have looked at the Breitling Bentleys and thats what I was leaning towards but its such a hard decision to make when dropping that kind of coin. On a side note I am glad nothing happened to your family today and you guys are safe only a few rattled nerves.

jbone
08-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Here is a link to the one I have. It is for sale on Ebay. You can buy the stainless bracelet separately from Citizen like I did.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Citizen-Promaster-Aqualand-II-Divers-Watch-JP1014-09E_W0QQitemZ170135433821QQihZ007QQcategoryZ111656 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohos ting
I never take it off.

Kilrtoy
08-03-2007, 11:40 PM
That one is nice also. I have looked at the Breitling Bentleys and thats what I was leaning towards but its such a hard decision to make when dropping that kind of coin. On a side note I am glad nothing happened to your family today and you guys are safe only a few rattled nerves.
Yes it is, that is alot of cash for a time piece....
Thanks, nerves are ok, pissed as hell, hell yes

RP2
08-04-2007, 05:34 AM
So I'm looking to buy my first watch. I dont wear watches so I dont want to spend too much money just in case I end up not liking it. So, I'm looking at a few options for an entry-level watch. I have narrowed it down to these two watches.
Tag Heuer 2000
Tissot T-Touch
Since price is an issue, I can pick up the Tag Heuer for $695, originally is $996, however is an old model and is no longer made (replaced by the Link)
The Tissot T-Touch is $418 and is originally $695. The Tissot is more casual but can be worn dressy too, it also has a pretty cool rubber band (orange and black) and the Tag is, well, its a Tag, one of the best watches made, but its almost twice as much.
I would go with the Tag. However, I think it is a little high priced for the age... I paid $700 a few years back for the same watch.

kamguy
08-04-2007, 06:00 AM
just my.02
i own around 30 nixon watches ranging from $65 to $300. great boat watches and i love having something different to wear everyday. get nice comments from people all the time.
nixonnow.com
p.s. i don't work for nixon

ahhell
08-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Id go with the Tissot (cuz its my last name ) and it does some pretty cool stuff...compass, altimeter, thermometer...:D :D
personally I wear a casio, cuz if it breaks,scratches.........WHO CARES

hot_diggity_dog
08-04-2007, 06:06 AM
I like BIG watches... I was really diggin breitlings (sp?) for a while... but for some reason can't get myself to fork out 5k +++ for a watch (or finance it like most people wearing them :eek: ) ... and then this came along... and I keep it OG! same brand I've been wearing since I was 18. mine has the white face though...
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36346&stc=1&d=1186179686
I don't know if you guy's know Oakley makles some nice watches too now!
http://oakley.com/products/460
Where's my keye's got me this watch as a gift! It's nice to have awesome friends like that. Now when I don't wear my Tag, I'll be wearing an Oakley big mo-fo watch. Its so big when I put my arm out the door of the Rhino I rolled it. It's huge! LOL
http://mi.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/800x650/64/447200ce419d4.jpg?1172801947
Hot (By the most expensive one LOL) Diggity Dog:D

ULTRA28
08-04-2007, 06:06 AM
just my.02
i own around 30 nixon watches ranging from $65 to $300. great boat watches and i love having something different to wear everyday. get nice comments from people all the time.
nixonnow.com
p.s. i don't work for nixon
That's funny, I was just coming on here to post about the friend of mine that can easily have any watch he wants and he decides to have a Nixon for every day of the month.:D

ULTRA28
08-04-2007, 06:14 AM
Tag Heuer 2000
Tissot T-Touch
Both of those are real nice watches. Every couple of years I buy watches for the guys at work for Christmas. The amount of the watch depends on the length of time they have been with the company. Last year I got one of the guys that same Tissot. It's pretty cool with all the features it has. He is really into hiking so it comes in handy. I have bought many Tags over the years and rarely have I had a guy disappointed with his gift. Last year I did have a guy trade the Tag he got with another employee for the Nixon I bought him. Either he didn't understand the differance in value or he just liked the Nixon that much better.

cc322
08-04-2007, 06:30 AM
I have a Tissot love the watch, and they are made by Omega, it is a great watch. But some day I dont know why I want a Tag. Here is my Tissot
http://www.glooks.com/watches/watch_detail.asp?pid=T17.1.486.53&brandname=tissot&cat=watch

Rexone
08-04-2007, 06:30 AM
Haven't read the whole thread but I just picked up a very nice little Coleman sports watch. 22.99 at target included the vel-cro band. A little more than I wanted to spend but hey it's only money right. Tells time, stopwatch, big ass numbers I can actually read. :cool:
I figure when I die some asshole's just gonna rip it off anyway along with my gold crowns and diamond stud earrings. I ain't gonna make some thief any richer than absolutely necessary.

kamguy
08-04-2007, 07:28 AM
hey ultra28 i had no idea you bought your guys watches.
last year i gave all my employees, hair cuttin chick, family, customers and our better venders a nixon. it was fun to match the watch to the person. you would have thought i giving out big baller shot caller watches. get stories all the time about comments they get from strangers.
bk

Lightning
08-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm a watch guy and have accumulated quite a few over the years. I'm not a big fan of Tag's, don't have a reason why, I just don't care for them. Based on what you've narrowed it down to though, i'd go with the Tag. If you ever decide to upgrade, it will bring you more in a used market. My current everyday watch is an Armand Nicolet....
http://www.armandnicolet.com/images/m02zoom/9141a-nr-m9140.jpg
I also wear these from time to time...
Rolex Oyster Perpetual - Day/Date - Gold with Diamonds on the numbers...white face
Also have an original Rado Diastar - which was given to me by my uncle, he bought it in 1970 or so...
http://www.rado.com/public/collection/the_original/636_0308_3_111_active.jpg
Got one of these too, but rarely wear it....
http://www.rado.com/public/collection/diamaster/152_0343_3_016_active.jpg
I also have a few vintage watches; Movado from the 1940's, a couple of Wittenhaurs, and Longines from the 1950's, etc....

RP2
08-04-2007, 08:10 AM
I don't know if you guy's know Oakley makles some nice watches too now!
http://oakley.com/products/460
Where's my keye's got me this watch as a gift! It's nice to have awesome friends like that. Now when I don't wear my Tag, I'll be wearing an Oakley big mo-fo watch. Its so big when I put my arm out the door of the Rhino I rolled it. It's huge! LOL
http://mi.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/800x650/64/447200ce419d4.jpg?1172801947
Hot (By the most expensive one LOL) Diggity Dog:D
I have an Oakley that the wife paid $1300 for and I will tell you this, that damn thing is bigger and heavier than my Rolex Submanier. Oakley does make nice watches now.

HP350SC
08-04-2007, 08:31 AM
I do like the Breitlings, a little too many gradations on the face for my taste.
To me, part, if not most of the beauty comes from the intricacies of the timepiece itself. This is more my style...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Top1.jpg
Edit! 158K!!!! no no no not my style

HP350SC
08-04-2007, 08:43 AM
these are very unique looking....
http://www.urwerk.com/

hot_diggity_dog
08-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Requested by the Bilge Idiot;) :D
What every man needs!:idea: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36406&stc=1&d=1186241158
HDD:cool:

HP350SC
08-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Parmigiani Bugatti...
http://www.lacotedesmontres.com/mesIMG/imgStd/17152.jpg

HP350SC
08-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Requested by the Bilge Idiot;) :D
What every man needs!:idea: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36406&stc=1&d=1186241158
You need to slip in an hour to peuk:D

Parker Dreamin
08-04-2007, 09:28 AM
IWC
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9227iwc.jpg

hot_diggity_dog
08-04-2007, 09:57 AM
How about a MM Rolex?:D
http://store2.yimg.com/I/fashion-for-all_1672_189603

Hallett19
08-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Every couple of years I buy watches for the guys at work for Christmas.
Are you hiring :D

HP350SC
08-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I wanna be rich n'shit:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/superzoom_front.jpg

GeezerBoater
08-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Both of the watches you are considering will last you a long time, so here is something to consider.
My wife and I bought matching Tag Black Corals in the early 1980's, and they still run. But, because we are both into scuba, and wear the watches down to 100', we have had to send them back to Tag for a battery change every 2 years or so.
The first change ran about $25 total, the last one we did was about $75. This is for a new battery, a full water pressure test, and shipping.
We have now spent more on batteries than the we originally paid for the watches. I could live with that, but the PITA is having to pack it, ship it, get an invoice back and then wait for it, 3-4 weeks total.
If waterproofing does not matter to you, of course you can get a battery for $10 at the local jeweler, but ask him if he guarantees the watch for water-tightness to 150', and see what he says.
I now mostly use a Zenith Sport 200 meter self-winding, which is a PITA in its own way, and I just bought a Citizen 200m Eco-Drive Solar from BlueDial.com online. NO MORE BATTERIES!
Somebody mentioned Bluedial earlier in this thread, they are legitimate, they have their shipping center here in Las Vegas, about 20 min. away from me. I ordered on a Tues. morning and had it delivered the next morning, less than 24 hours. Good outfit.

NashvilleBound
08-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Im getting rid of my Cartier, Pasha. Its a 42mm, 18k white gold.... with diamonds... $32k Looks like this.... and it is FLAWLESS.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36416&stc=1&d=1186260744

BiggusJimbus
08-04-2007, 02:05 PM
They sell Men's watches where you got that? :devil: :devil:

kamguy
08-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Im getting rid of my Cartier, Pasha. Its a 42mm, 18k white gold.... with diamonds... $32k Looks like this.... and it is FLAWLESS.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36416&stc=1&d=1186260744
you are kiddin right? right? please tell me your kiddin.
i look like that monkey in your avatar.

Hallett19
08-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Went and did it, picked it up today, what do you think?
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/ajvdub/Tissot002Medium.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/ajvdub/Tissot009Medium.jpg
I focking loved the Citizen Calibre 3100, that will be my next watch!
Oh yeah, the best part is that they wanted $695, I got it for $500 out the door!

Tom Brown
08-04-2007, 09:11 PM
As I was walking down the street one day, a man came up to me and asked me what the time was that was on my watch. And I said, "Does anybody really know what time it is?"

Tom Brown
08-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Haven't read the whole thread but I just picked up a very nice little Coleman sports watch. 22.99 at target included the vel-cro band.
What the..... :confused: ...... http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif ..... and after you scoffed, pointed at my wrist, and said, "I wouldn't hire someone to sweep the floors, if they came in wearing a Seiko."
You know.... seriously.... my dress watch is an all stainless Seiko.... silver on silver. Even the face is silver, with the markings embossed and polished. I think it looks great. Hell, I wear it when I wear my tux.
I've also got a Timex Ironman that I wear when I'm running, doing circuit training, or something that I need to time or have a periodic alarm.
Both watches probably cost me around $250 CDN together. The Seiko is over 20 years old now so it would probably cost quite a bit to replace but I doubt I would replace it with a watch of the same caliber.
The thing is, I don't feel ghetto wearing either watch. It wouldn't be my preference to wear a digital watch to a dress function, although some do and I think it's fine.
I guess I'm not very well equiped to star in a rap video but what's up with the bling jewelry? You guys still like women... right? :confused:

beernut
08-04-2007, 10:07 PM
i like my movado, swiss craftsmanship, started in 1881 and earned over 200 awards for design and technology

NashvilleBound
08-05-2007, 04:39 AM
you are kiddin right? right? please tell me your kiddin.
i look like that monkey in your avatar.
What, your scared?

kamguy
08-05-2007, 04:43 AM
What, your scared?
yup

NashvilleBound
08-05-2007, 04:48 AM
yup
LOL.....well alrighty then. It would look good on you ........

Hallett19
08-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Not a big fan of the movado, my buddy only wears movados, I just dont see the beauty in two hands, a black face with a shiny rock where the 12 o'clock is..... and thats it. But I know they are very well made, popular and expensive watches.

Rexone
08-05-2007, 07:22 AM
I guess I'm not very well equiped to star in a rap video but what's up with the bling jewelry? You guys still like women... right? :confused:
Ok Tom I got your point. I'm going to return the blingy Coleman sports model for the more conservative $15.99 model and get my 8 bucks back. I'm going to miss the blingy vel-cro band though. Plastic is just so, everyday.

Baja Big Dog
08-05-2007, 08:12 AM
The Panerai has it, I always thought the Rolex was the man's watch because of its size, then along came Panerai...this is it compared to a Roli...
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb115/bajabigdog/IMG_8825.jpg

NashvilleBound
08-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Whewww...thats not quite as big as I was hoping..... I had to look twice before I saw it :eek: :eek: :eek: :idea:

Baja Big Dog
08-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Whewww...thats not quite as big as I was hoping..... I had to look twice before I saw it :eek: :eek: :eek: :idea:
look how big the arm hair is!!!!

NashvilleBound
08-05-2007, 09:53 AM
look how big the arm hair is!!!!
SHIT. You must have been editing it when I saw it......