PDA

View Full Version : Bush sets global climate meeting

ULTRA26 # 1
08-03-2007, 07:51 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Bush administration unveiled plans on Friday for global warming talks next month that will bring together the world's biggest polluters to seek agreement on reducing greenhouse gases.
ADVERTISEMENT
U.S. President George W. Bush has invited the European Union, the United Nations and 11 other countries to the September 27-28 meeting in Washington to work toward setting a long-term goal by 2008 to cut emissions.
Under fire for resisting tougher action on global warming, Bush proposed the conference in late May before a summit of the Group of Eight industrial nations in Germany, but had withheld details.
In a letter to invitees obtained by Reuters, Bush assured them that "the United States is committed to collaborating with other major economies" to agree on a framework for reducing gas emissions blamed for global climate change.
But a senior U.S. official said the administration stood by its opposition to mandatory economy-wide caps. Many climate experts say that without binding U.S. emissions targets, the chance for significant progress is limited.
Bush agreed with other leaders of the G8 in June to make "substantial" but unspecified reductions in climate-warming emissions and to negotiate a new global climate pact that would extend and broaden the Kyoto Protocol beyond 2012.
But Bush has refused to sign up to numerical targets before rising powers like China and India make similar pledges. Convincing them to join the U.N. process will be crucial to reversing a rise in global temperatures.
China and India are both invited to the September conference, together with Japan, Canada, Brazil, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Australia, Indonesia and South Africa. The EU delegation will include representatives from France, Germany, Italy and Britain, the U.S. official said.
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will host the meeting.
This must be a waste of time as there is no sceince in support. Right Smokin knowitall?

Old Texan
08-03-2007, 08:05 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -
Must then this is a watse of time as there is no sceince in support. Right Smokin knowitall?
Calm down John, you're so excited ya can't type...........:devil:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Calm down John, you're so excited ya can't type...........:devil:
Must have been my dyslexia showin through. Post correcetd. Thanks for pointing it out Tex

never_fast_enuf
08-03-2007, 08:57 AM
This meeting is a massive waste of time and I don't mind pointing it out.

eliminatedsprinter
08-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Actually I do see it as a waste of time that is not supported by science.
#1. I think nothing can come from it but a bunch of restrictions that will hurt peoples pocketbooks.
#2. No Climatologists (not even the ones who buy into the man made global warming concept) believe any Keyoto type measures (or any of the other proposed ideas along those lines) have any chance of preventing or slowing down climate change.
So yes, as a matter of fact, I do see this as nothing more than a costly waste of time.

Schiada76
08-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey maybe they'll make Greenland Green again!
What do you think?:rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-03-2007, 10:18 AM
All of those who disagree or see this as a waste of time are entitled to your opinion. This another case of the world is wrong based on "it might hurt my pocket book"
As most of you know I believe that there is sufficient science to support that man could likely be affecting the pace of global climate change. I am not alone here, just a those who call it a joke are not alone. If those who suggest that climate change is being accelerated by man are correct, then acting now is prudent. If those who suggest that it isn't possible for man to affect the climate are wrong, and we act based on this perception and do nothing, we have failed. If those who suggest that it isn't possible for man to affect the climate are right and we have moved to reduce Co2 etc, no harm no foul. I don't see this position as being unreasonable.

eliminatedsprinter
08-03-2007, 02:05 PM
All of those who disagree or see this as a waste of time are entitled to your opinion. This another case of the world is wrong based on "it might hurt my pocket book"
As most of you know I believe that there is sufficient science to support that man could likely be affecting the pace of global climate change. I am not alone here, just a those who call it a joke are not alone. If those who suggest that climate change is being accelerated by man are correct, then acting now is prudent. If those who suggest that it isn't possible for man to affect the climate are wrong, and we act based on this perception and do nothing, we have failed. If those who suggest that it isn't possible for man to affect the climate are right and we have moved to reduce Co2 etc, no harm no foul. I don't see this position as being unreasonable.
You are forgetting the part of the group that feels man may have or is accelerating the process, that believe it can't be stopped or slowed regardless of the cause. There are people (experts in climatology and economics) who feel that any money spent on global warming should instead be saved to financially prepare for the costs that it will entail. Many think that money spent attempting to slow or stop it, is just money thrown down the rat hole.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-03-2007, 02:14 PM
You are forgetting the part of the group that feels man may have or is accelerating the process, that believe it can't be stopped or slowed regardless of the cause. There are people (experts in climatology and economics) who feel that any money spent on global warming should instead be saved to financially prepare for the costs that it will entail. Many think that money spent attempting to slow or stop it, is just money thrown down the rat hole.
ES,
I didn't forget that:
If those who suggest that climate change is being accelerated by man are correct, then acting now is prudent.
And many believe that money spent of the issue of reducucing emmisions, Co2, oor whatever, is a good investment in this Country's future.

Steve 1
08-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Seems to me an increase in CO2 would have the same effect on the Biomass (C3 Plants mostly)anyway the Chinese and Indians (the major polluters) get a pass while we AS Bad Americans with catalytic converters on our even our Dam chainsaws have these greenie Fags working hard towards creating the downfall of America.

Schiada76
08-03-2007, 02:58 PM
What kind of SUV caused the Medieval warming period, making Greenland arable so the Vikings could establish farming settlements there?
Please everyone here educate me. I'll wait.:D

Old Texan
08-03-2007, 03:05 PM
ES,
I didn't forget that:
And many believe that money spent of the issue of reducucing emmisions, Co2, oor whatever, is a good investment in this Country's future.
Tell me this, when have you seen anyone from the media do an accurate expose on power plants? How many in the general public can tell you what an SCR system is or a Scrubber?
How many people actually know how coal is processed before being burned for fuel?
Point being there is a tremendous amount of technology being applied "daily" that is not being told to the masses. Ultra although I know how you hate me bringing up past conversations, we had a fossil fuel thread going right about the time you started posting regularly here, and you made the comment to me that it was no wonder Houston's air quality was ranked so bad due to coal fired PP's that were being proposed at the time and since have been cut back on drastically for future construction. I didn't reply then as I didn't see the need to argue the point, but the point is, CFPP's aren't Houston's problem. It's mainly traffic emissions and topography coupled with weather patterns. Not getting on you or arguing the point, just stating that if you don't understand the conditions, how can you understand the cause and / or possible solutions? This really seems to pertain to a lot of the people airing their opinions on global warming and other environmental issues.
Clowns like Al Gore aren't trying to help the environment 1 iota, they are trying to make a buck or gain a position of stature off the situation.
Global warming isn't a proven fact either way. Hopefully the symposium will provide some positive results, but the positive won't be a rush to regulation, it will be a process of proper education and gathering of real facts. Sadly if politicians are running the show we may never get to the root core of understanding the issues.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-03-2007, 03:05 PM
And which brand SUV is currently the popular one causing MARS to warm up?
I want one.:confused:
It IS a huge waste of effort.:idea:

Old Texan
08-03-2007, 03:11 PM
And which brand SUV is currently the popular one causing MARS to warm up?
I want one.:confused:
It IS a huge waste of effort.:idea:
Ask Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Tx.
Have you ever heard the story about her group visiting the Smithsonian or some museum. When they were walking past the Lunar Rover, Sheila made the comment something to the effect of, "Oh is that the vehicle they rode on Mars?" :confused:
Real well informed politician charged with making crucial decisions for our country, eh.....:(

SmokinLowriderSS
08-03-2007, 03:12 PM
What kind of SUV caused the Medieval warming period, making Greenland arable so the Vikings could establish farming settlements there?
Please everyone here educate me. I'll wait.:D
I think the brand was a "Fjord", perhaps the orriginal "Expedition", whatever is Norse for "expedition".
The "Fjord and-blásinn"
That is "investigation" ultra, found a correct word, in the correct language (Old Norse) to have been spoken by a Viking, on Iceland, during the Mideval Warming Period the Global Warming alarmists deny ever occured, and applied it to a likely vehicle (the Ford Exploder).
"and-blásinn" is Old Norse for "blown up".
Not "asking if anyone happens to know a link to whatever the correct language is, and can tell me the correct word", so I can make a funny.

fatboy95
08-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I think the brand was a "Fjord", perhaps the orriginal "Expedition", whatever is Norse for "expedition".
I think all the martian pimps drove Escalades and that is why they are now extinct....:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Ask Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Tx.
Have you ever heard the story about her group visiting the Smithsonian or some museum. When they were walking past the Lunar Rover, Sheila made the comment something to the effect of, "Oh is that the vehicle they rode on Mars?" :confused:
Real well informed politician charged with making crucial decisions for our country, eh.....:(
What a dork :)
fatboy95, beautiful boat.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-03-2007, 03:44 PM
I hadn't heard of that one Tex, but, as usual, it does not surprise me.
If I had my way, that comment would be grounds for immediate expulsion, as too ignorant and uninformed to lead the country. The LUNAR rover for christ sake.
Just like Pelosi's comment that Al-Q is not in Iraq, only days after they announced, publicly, on the news wires, that they were opperating there, and had been for some time.
Unfortunately, I seldom have my way, except at resteraunts.

bigq
08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Although I am not a big believer in the man made warming issues I think an entirely new industry will be created from it. I think it will also push us off of crude based products, which is good.
There is evidence also suggesting we have a coming ice age that is way more destructive then a warming. I also worry that we will take action that will hurt our environment more then help it, who really knows, we cannot even predict the weather a year in advance correctly.:rolleyes:
So Ultra out of curiosity if you believe we are the cause of global warming do you feel any internal conflict when driving the Lightning or that big ass deck boat?;) :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
08-04-2007, 04:53 PM
No conflict bigq, he has an "Ultra-Efficient Fuel Injection System " on that 496CID engine.
He won't speak of the truck, several people have asked the same question, and been ignored. :D
Probably already ordered the catalytic manifolds for the boat too, eh ultra?
The Great Global Warming Swindle thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147273&page=3&highlight=global+warming)
Ah, here he finally answered:
I drive a Civic not an SVT Cobra, like a did a years ago That big ol boat gets better fuel economy than those little jets. Stock Merc Ultra low emission power No longer driving a boat with a blown 502 The truck lives in a different state, with the boat. it only tows the boat. Much of my household lighting is LED. My appliances and systems are all energy efficient. All duel payne windows. I'm using less than half of the energy and fuel I did 2 years ago.
Don't have the time to debate details with you on the internet.
A quaint one from Ultra's past. :idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Although I am not a big believer in the man made warming issues I think an entirely new industry will be created from it. I think it will also push us off of crude based products, which is good.
There is evidence also suggesting we have a coming ice age that is way more destructive then a warming. I also worry that we will take action that will hurt our environment more then help it, who really knows, we cannot even predict the weather a year in advance correctly.:rolleyes:
So Ultra out of curiosity if you believe we are the cause of global warming do you feel any internal conflict when driving the Lightning or that big ass deck boat?;) :idea:
Sorry, I didn't notice your question.
The boat has stock Merc 496 power and is fairly good on gas. The 496 is rated as an Ultra Low Emission engine. A far cry from my blown 502 from a few years ago.
The Lightning gets driven about 150 miles a month, towing the boat. It stays parked in AZ with the boat I drive a Honda Civic SI.
No conflict bigq, he has an "Ultra-Efficient Fuel Injection System " on that 496CID engine.
He won't speak of the truck, several people have asked the same question, and been ignored. :D
Probably already ordered the catalytic manifolds for the boat too, eh ultra?
The Great Global Warming Swindle thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147273&page=3&highlight=global+warming)
Ah, here he finally answered:
I drive a Civic not an SVT Cobra, like a did a years ago That big ol boat gets better fuel economy than those little jets. Stock Merc Ultra low emission power No longer driving a boat with a blown 502 The truck lives in a different state, with the boat. it only tows the boat. Much of my household lighting is LED. My appliances and systems are all energy efficient. All duel payne windows. I'm using less than half of the energy and fuel I did 2 years ago.
A quaint one from Ultra's past. :idea:
And you still have a problem that I am making some effort to use less fuel and enegry. I'm not perfect nor have I claimed to be.
I'm using less than half of the energy and fuel I did 2 years ago
Is a fact.
BTW, my truck is a gas pig, the reason that it stays parked in the garage in AZ. 5000 miles in the last 2 1/2 years. Can't buy a diesel that will fit in the garage. My daily driver is still a Civic
And your point?

Steve 1
08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Do not be to hard on Ultra and Bent they just invented the renewable energy Biogas grill.
http://www.UploadYourImages.com/img/555585gasgrill.jpg (http://www.UploadYourImages.com)

Steve 1
08-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Ultra is getting a trailer hitch on his bike here.
http://www.UploadYourImages.com/img/824258gaspoweredbike.jpg (http://www.UploadYourImages.com)

ULTRA26 # 1
08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Steve 1
08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
:)

never_fast_enuf
08-07-2007, 04:51 AM
The boat has stock Merc 496 power and is fairly good on gas. The 496 is rated as an Ultra Low Emission engine. A far cry from my blown 502 from a few years ago.
The Lightning gets driven about 150 miles a month, towing the boat. It stays parked in AZ with the boat I drive a Honda Civic SI.
How in the heck did I miss this gem??? rotflmao! You have got to be kidding me?!?!
A 496 is "fairly good on gas"? Well hell yeah...when you compare it to a 777 jet engine.
Dauuuum Ultra, you wonder why I call you and the rest of the libs hypocrites.:rolleyes:
This is very telling as to how your mind actually works and it is truly scary.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-07-2007, 06:09 AM
How in the heck did I miss this gem??? rotflmao! You have got to be kidding me?!?!
A 496 is "fairly good on gas"? Well hell yeah...when you compare it to a 777 jet engine.
Dauuuum Ultra, you wonder why I call you and the rest of the libs hypocrites.:rolleyes:
This is very telling as to how your mind actually works and it is truly scary.
No I don't wonder. Clearly you have nothing more intelligent to say.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Yea NFE, it's ALMOST as good on gas as the 140HP 3-banger Volvo used to comonly use. :D
What's the fuel consumption comparison between a:
lean-running carbureted 454 CID V-8 running arround 16:1, and a
lean-running injected 496 CID V-8 running arround 16:1. :idea:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................:D

ULTRA26 # 1
08-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Yea NFE, it's ALMOST as good on gas as the 140HP 3-banger Volvo used to comonly use. :D
WTF are you talking about 16:1.
There is no comparing a computer controlled FI motor and a carbed motor. You can electronically map the air/fuel ratio over the entire power band with an FI motor. No way a carb can do this as efficiently.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-08-2007, 03:37 AM
You don't know much about gasoline engines, do ya?
Pay attention here.
Stochiometric (perfect) gasoline air ratio for burning in an internal combustion engine is aproximately 13.7 parts air, to 1 part gasoline, by volume. 13.7:1
A "rich" mixture may be down arround 12 parts air to 1 part gasoline. If I recall correctly, it gets unstable down in the 11's. 12:1
A "lean" mixture, is generally up in the 16 parts air to 1 part gasoline.
Up in the 17:1 range, it again, becomes unstable
A lean mixture has the most air, and allows the gasoline to burn most completely in reality, not under "stociometric book perfection"

ULTRA26 # 1
08-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Pay attention here.
Stochiometric (perfect) gasoline air ratio for burning in an internal combustion engine is aproximately 13.7 parts air, to 1 part gasoline, by volume. 13.7:1
A "rich" mixture may be down arround 12 parts air to 1 part gasoline. If I recall correctly, it gets unstable down in the 11's. 12:1
A lean mixture has the most air, and allows the gasoline to burn most completely in reality, not under "stociometric book perfection"
No you pay attention Mr don't Know it all
No one in their right mind would run a marine engine at 16:1. Way to lean and way to hot. Not sure where you got this 16:1 garbage but I suggest you send it back before your pistons start melting. Is this some of the 'Tech" stuff, Blown talks about you being so famous for.
12:8 to 13.5:1 are safe ratios throughout the power band. 14.5:1 is too lean. I suggest you start studying proper fuel mapping guides for more accurate information.
Usually you are not this stupid. The only thing that I can figure is that you are referring to light load applications. Or maybe your source material isn't considering a wide band o2 sensor as the measuring device. Whatever the case you're wrong.

never_fast_enuf
08-08-2007, 08:23 AM
I am still laughing my ass off at the fact that you were stupid enough to try and claim your 496 is green. Now THAT is some funny chit...I don't care who you are.
And you have a Lightning to boot? BWAAAAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA
I can see just how concerned you really are with the environment. Damn you are a typical "do as I say, not as I do" liberal. No wonder you love algore so much. You guys must have shared the same padded room at some point.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I am still laughing my ass off at the fact that you were stupid enough to try and claim your 496 is green. Now THAT is some funny chit...I don't care who you are.
I can see just how concerned you really are with the environment. Damn you are a typical "do as I say, not as I do" liberal. No wonder you love algore so much. You guys must have shared the same padded room at some point.
Where did I claim my HO was green? And yes I have a Lightning that is parked all but about 3 days a month. Can't tow my little boat with a Hybrid. And yes I drive a f'n Civic.
Lets See, and I've had 2 Vetts, A Saleen 281 SC Spedster, an M3, an SVT SC Cobra, 2 Lightnings, a couple of Z28's a 67 Camaro, a Trailblazer SS, and others in the last 12 years and now my daily driver is a Honda Civic.
Never said I was perfect. Just trying a little harder than some and not as hard as others. Maybe you should stop running your mouth at wide open so often as you are wasting energy. But then why would you give damn about wasting energy.
How are your stocks doing lately?
You might want to look at companies involved in Canadian oil sands. I don't think it's too late.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
And therein lies the ENTIRE POINT. An "environmentally OK" 496 cibic inch engine JUST because it's fuel injected. LMFFAO!!!!!!!! :D
And the big HP gas sucking Lightning is "OK" because it only gets driven 3 days a month, and because ultra drives a Civic instead and has LED lights in his house.
Kinda strikes me like Al and his huge mansion (along with Edwards and Kerry). Their airplane and limos are OK as long as they put CF lightbulbs in their mansions.
At least I don't claim to BE "environmentally friendly".
Oh, and ultra, the mixture numbere were NOT the point. I'll rephrase, and use small. comon, words.
"Which is worse, a carbed 454 running something you consider safe (14:1), or a fuel injected 496 running the SAME 14:1?"

ULTRA26 # 1
08-08-2007, 04:36 PM
And therein lies the ENTIRE POINT. An "environmentally OK" 496 cibic inch engine JUST because it's fuel injected. LMFFAO!!!!!!!! :D
And the big HP gas sucking Lightning is "OK" because it only gets driven 3 days a month, and because ultra drives a Civic instead and has LED lights in his house.
Kinda strikes me like Al and his huge mansion (along with Edwards and Kerry). Their airplane and limos are OK as long as they put CF lightbulbs in their mansions.
At least I don't claim to BE "environmentally friendly".
Oh, and ultra, the mixture numbere were NOT the point. I'll rephrase, and use small. comon, words.
"Which is worse, a carbed 454 running something you consider safe (14:1), or a fuel injected 496 running the SAME 14:1?"
Your previous post
Pay attention here.
And my response
No you pay attention Mr don't Know it all
No one in their right mind would run a marine engine at 16:1. Way to lean and way to hot. Not sure where you got this 16:1 garbage but I suggest you send it back before your pistons start melting. Is this some of the 'Tech" stuff, Blown talks about you being so famous for.
12:8 to 13.5:1 are safe ratios throughout the power band. 14.5:1 is too lean. I suggest you start studying proper fuel mapping guides for more accurate information.
Usually you are not this stupid. The only thing that I can figure is that you are referring to light load applications. Or maybe your source material isn't considering a wide band o2 sensor as the measuring device. Whatever the case you're wrong.
Nice try at trying to pull your foot out of your mouth. How about an "I was wrong". Also you might try staying with your comment "You don't know much about gasoline engines, do ya? Pay attention here."
Do your homework before telling me I don't know much about gasoline engines and posting a bunch of unrelated garbage
Again, it isn't possible to tune a carbed motor as efficiently as a computer controlled EFI motor. A carb must be sized and jetted for a broad RPM spectrum. A computer controlled EFI motors operate from a map that effectively adjusts the AFR ratios over the entire RPM range. The result is an EFI motor is way more efficient.
Diverting the attention to the usual Gore and Kerry, Lightning BS isn't going to work.
If you would like we can move this to the Tech Section. I'm sure everyone there would enjoy you teachings about the gasoline engine and AFR's.

Blown 472
08-08-2007, 05:02 PM
smokin since you are too chicken shit to answer my question as to why you joined the military, perhaps you can answer this one, just how many engines have you built?

SmokinLowriderSS
08-08-2007, 05:09 PM
smokin since you are too chicken shit to answer my question as to why you joined the military, perhaps you can answer this one, just how many engines have you built?
Speaking of chickenshits.
And, I did answer it, directly.

Steve 1
08-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Bent How many have you built that did NOT wind up in the dumpster? Grenade Boy!

Blown 472
08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Speaking of chickenshits.
And, I did answer it, directly.
Oh thats right to make mo money.
how many engines have you built.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Pay attention here.
A marine engine running a 16:1 AFR =
BOOM :2purples:

Blown 472
08-08-2007, 06:48 PM
A marine engine running a 16:1 AFR =
BOOM :2purples:
Come on now, the desk top dyno dude hath spoken.:rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
08-09-2007, 03:29 PM
What? Afraid to address THIS ONE? :idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-09-2007, 04:39 PM
What? Afraid to address THIS ONE? :idea:
Once again, 14:1 is too lean for a marine engine. 14:1 will cause the EGT to push the 1550 mark which is too hot.
You can't tune a carb motor to run as efficiently as a computer mapped EFI motor. If you could obviously they would be equal. For the 3rd time
16:1 Smokin the tuner? Hardly.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Apparently you have the only closed loop, self-tuning, fuel injection wet exhaust system afloat Ultra.
An open system, once set, is no better than a carburetor, especially after the injectors start to get cruddy.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Apparently you have the only closed loop, self-tuning, fuel injection wet exhaust system afloat Ultra.
An open system, once set, is no better than a carburetor, especially after the injectors start to get cruddy.
Really? And yet another thoughtless statement from Smokin Tuner 16:1. Ya might want to read up on Merc EFI systems, especially the ones that are rated as "Ultra Low Emmision". Merc's 496 Mag and 496 Mag HO are both EPA rated this way. Closed cooling, a constant 178 to 185 degree operating temp. O2 sensors in each manifold, or in my case, each header and an ECU that continously monitors AFR's, timing AND SO MUCH MORE. :)
Originally Posted by SmokinLowriderSS
Pay attention here.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
And guess what, I don't have the only one of these AFLOAT

never_fast_enuf
08-10-2007, 04:04 AM
The fact is Ultra, you think your 496 is a "green" engine and that alone makes you a complete babbling moron....just like the rest of the man made global warming nut bags.
Your focus on a 16:1 afr is a complete lame attempt to deflect from the fact that you are a nut bag when it comes to global warming and "green" anything.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-10-2007, 04:22 AM
The fact is Ultra, you think your 496 is a "green" engine and that alone makes you a complete babbling moron....just like the rest of the man made global warming nut bags.
Your focus on a 16:1 afr is a complete lame attempt to deflect from the fact that you are a nut bag when it comes to global warming and "green" anything.
Ultra low emiisions from a big block is hardly green. The only think green here is you. You have about as much awareness and maturity of a baby turnip.
Smokin continues to stick his foot in his mouth claiming marine engine knowledge that he doesn't have. Just a fact. And you look like a fool for not recognizing and acknowledging it. Thought you were a boat guy too. Apparently you are as dumb as he is.
Babbling moron, nut bag there you go again with the usual. You're a laugh I flush smater sh*t than you each morning.

never_fast_enuf
08-10-2007, 04:23 AM
Ultra, you keep talking about your magic "green" 496. How about a link that backs it up?

never_fast_enuf
08-10-2007, 04:25 AM
Ultra low emiisions from a big block is hardly green. The only think green here is you. You have about as much awareness and maturity of a baby turnip.
Smokin continues to stick his foot in his mouth claiming marine engine knowledge that he doesn't have. Just a fact. And you look like a fool for not recognizing and acknowledging it. Thought you were a boat guy too. Apparently you are as dumb as he is.
Babbling moron, nut bag there you go again with the usual. You're a laugh I flush smater sh*t than you each morning.
Ahhhh...so now you finally come out and admit that your attempt to call your 496 environmentally friendly was a joke. It only took how many posts you hypocrite? Got any more fake quotes to post?

ULTRA26 # 1
08-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Ultra, you keep talking about your magic "green" 496. How about a link that backs it up?
GREEN?? WHERE HAVE I ONCE USED THE WORD GREEN TO DESCRIBE ANYTHING? I suggest your sh*t be directed the EPA for the rating.
Oh but that's the Govt. You're boring :sleeping: :sleeping:
You really are boring

never_fast_enuf
08-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Keep backing up Ultra...just like the fake quote thread you started...it seems to be a pattern of yours....but hey, you are a liberal and that is what you people do.
"Do as I say, not as I do".
Your attempt to say that your 496 was somehow fuel efficient was a joke and clearly meant solely for your conscience as no one in their right mind would ever try and claim their high performance marine engine was anywhere close to being environmentally friendly. To accept the premise that man is responsible for the earth warming and then justifying a big block, emission dumping recreation BOAT as being environmentally friendly is the height of hypocrisy...
Something I have come to expect from people like you....and you do not disappoint

ULTRA26 # 1
08-10-2007, 04:51 AM
Keep backing up Ultra...just like the fake quote thread you started...it seems to be a pattern of yours....but hey, you are a liberal and that is what you people do.
"Do as I say, not as I do".
Your attempt to say that your 496 was somehow fuel efficient was a joke and clearly meant solely for your conscience as no one in their right mind would ever try and claim their high performance marine engine was anywhere close to being environmentally friendly. To accept the premise that man is responsible for the earth warming and then justifying a big block, emission dumping recreation BOAT as being environmentally friendly is the height of hypocrisy...
Something I have come to expect from people like you....and you do not disappoint
You child, are the joke here. No mention of green only the reference of the EPA rating assigned to the engine in my boat. Like it or not, a fact
Your coments sound like a broken record or a .wav file in loop mode. We've all heard this material before.

never_fast_enuf
08-10-2007, 05:06 AM
In my best John f*ing Kerry voice...
"Can I get me one of them green big block marine engines in here?"
ROTFLMAO!!

ULTRA26 # 1
08-10-2007, 05:09 AM
ROTFLMAO!!
:D :D :D Your party is out of here in 09 so take you best shot while you still can
WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

never_fast_enuf
08-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Oh hell. I will be successful no matter who is in office...If a democrat happens to rig the election/steal the election, I will be lighter in the pocket, as well as everyone else here but day to day life will not change.
Well, I will have to look over my shoulder more often since that same democrat will refuse to protect the country...other than that.;)

ULTRA26 # 1
08-10-2007, 05:47 AM
And you chose to give me a bad time. The above is one of he most uninformed statements Smokin Tuner 16:1 has ever made, but you find it more fun to come after me for comments I never made. An arrogant child.
I'm going boating, later

Old Texan
08-10-2007, 07:02 AM
ROTFLMAO!!
"You, you, you, CHILD you"........:D :D :D :D That new comeback just cracks me up. :D :D
And remember he doesn't have a temper. :rolleyes:
I love when Kerry and these all knowing libs talk about "Our boys" or "Our kids" like they are these all knowing Fred Rutherford types schooling Ward about how Lumpy doesn't deserve getting "socked" by Wally because he F-d with the Beaver....:devil:

Old Texan
08-10-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm going boating, later
Have fun. We'll all just keep ours at the dock today and call it your "Carbon Tradeoffs". That way you can open the old "Geenies" up and cruise with a clear conscience......:devil:
Oh yeah don't let the wind catch that "Tinfoil Cap", that sharp bill could hurt somebody.....:devil:
Seriously John have fun and be careful. :)

Schiada76
08-10-2007, 07:17 AM
I wonder what it's like to have a brain that works like his?
Everything he posts or trys to debate gets shot shot down with a mountain of verfiable fact and yet he can't admit they are facts. He knows they are yet he is so brainwashed he just keeps goose stepping along toeing the party line. I have a couple of liberal friends that are just like him, they would have made perfect brownshirts.:rolleyes:
It would be more amusing if it wasn't so scary, hell they get to vote too.:(

ULTRA26 # 1
08-10-2007, 09:20 AM
In this thread you all stick together like flies on sh*t or is the other way around.
Your mentor made a complete ass of himself with his stupid comments and calling me out with his less than educated BS about gasoline engines. The majority of the responses have been talkin sh*t about comments that I didn't make. Go figure
Not one of you has the class or the balls to even mention Smokin Tuner
16:1's blunder. I thought I was dealing with decent folks and honest here in the PRF but this obviously not the case.
The PRF isn't about politics or political humor anymore.
In my 56 years on this planet, I have never encountered a more narrow minded group of people. Bigotry and hatred for poeple because of oppsoing political veiws, skin color, country or origin, is a result of ignorance. I'm not a fan of illegals. But I'm sick and f'n tired of hearing Mexicans refrred to as "wetbacks", blacks as tar babies, Iraqi's rabs or towell heads by the bigots here, and there are many. of you
I seem to be the only one here who is capible of admitting it when I been wrong, which has happened a few times. I posted a bunch of quotes, that were alleged to have come from W. Smokin Tuner 16:1 decided he had the time to source each and every one of them and he determined than the majority were inaccurate.
Irronic that the only one of these lame cooments that Smokin coudn't source is the one he accused me of 'MAKING UP". This same comment was one that I added to the list and knew to be accurate.
Prior to Smokin Tuner 16:1, exposing the inacuracy of the humorous quotes, I was tagged a tin foil hat wearing Hypocrate, Lib, Clinton loving lying nut bag, ignorant moron, lefty etc. Again, this is before it was exposed that the most of the quotes were inaccurate. I verified Snokin's findings and apologized.
With regard to this thread, there has never been one time that I used the term green to describe the engine in my boat. I will state again, for the record that my 496 is labeled "Ultra Low Emission" and will also state as verifiable fact that the 496 in my boat is less polluting than a carbed 454. Smokin Tuner 16:1's obvious uneducated call out went unchallenged except by me.
Except for ES, and occationally Tex, noone on the right, in the PRF, will ever support anything that I say, even when it is clear that what I have stated is factual. This type of loyalty is a prime example of what's wrong with this country. If it isn't generated from the right, then there can be no agreement, and vice versa.
With regard to my boat and Lightning, I have stated that I am trying harder than some and not as hard a others. And for this I am tagged a hypocrite. If I had no boat and walked I would be tagged some other BS descriptive.
Because I believe that man made climate change is possible I'm an idiot. Because I have only cut my fuel consumption in half, over this possibility, again I'm a hypocrite. ES seems to be the most informed in the climate change issue, and he is only one informed voice. There are many who agree with this voice and many who don't. One thing is for sure, noone in the PRF is qualified to issue a determination one way or the other with regard to climate change. As I commented months ago, for whatever the reason, reducing the amount the each of us pollute, in no way can be a bad thing. Because I drive my Lightning 3 days a month and have a big boat, no matter how much less fuel I burn today as opposed to 5 years ago, makes me a hypocrite. You all can kiss my ass.
Comments like, tin foil hat wearing Hypocrite, Lib, Clinton loving lying nut bag, ignorant moron, lefty, etc, don't require any thought and a simple F U is an equally ignorant, but yet appropriate response. However, this seems to be the trend here and it's become boring and tiresome
My time of dealing with and trying to enjoy intelligent and spirited conversation with the overly and ignorantly critical masses in the PRF has come to end, at least for now. Maybe you will stop talkin shit and start talkin politics again.
Enjoy

Old Texan
08-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Well done Boys!.....Next......:devil:
John, that was a joke. :D
Cool down and go for a nice crusie and get your asse back in here Monday. Learn to not take everything so personal, OK. :D

never_fast_enuf
08-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow...he does have a temper.
If being narrow minded means looking for facts on an issue and not relying on emotions when facts contradict them then yes...I am narrow minded.
Liberals always lose their temper when backed into a corner by the facts.

Schiada76
08-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't care about SL's 16:1 whatever in this forum, I'm here for the politics.
Mexicans aren't wetbacks, they are beaners per Carlos Mencia and my Mexican friends.:D
Blacks aren't tar babies, they are "Leroy's" per my black office manager.:D
Iraqi's, well yes the ones that wear diapers on their heads could very well be refereed to as towel heads.:D :D
I don't think anyone here has used those slurs on this forum though, I must have missed them.
What I have defiantly missed is any fact posted by U26. Has there been any?:idea: :idea: :D

Old Texan
08-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I beleive we have witnessed a man struggling with Political Correctness. He wants everything to fit into a perfect order of his design and is quite upset when things aren't as he perceives they should be.
I'm sure he'll be back to set me straight on that one. :devil:
Why is it that Liberals hate being called Liberals? :idea:

Schiada76
08-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I beleive we have witnessed a man struggling with Political Correctness. He wants everything to fit into a perfect order of his design and is quite upset when things aren't as he perceives they should be.
I'm sure he'll be back to set me straight on that one. :devil:
Why is it that Liberals hate being called Liberals? :idea:
Because even they know liberals are scum?:eek: :D

SmokinLowriderSS
08-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Your mentor made a complete ass of himself with his stupid comments and calling me out with his less than educated BS about gasoline engines. The majority of the responses have been talkin sh*t about comments that I didn't make. Go figure
Not one of you has the class or the balls to even mention Smokin Tuner
16:1's blunder.
What's it like to start a thread on my "blunder", and find out I was RIGHT? LMFAO!!!!!!!
Getting his arse handed to him as I type, by me, among others. LOL
Yep, Tuner it is. LOL.
You sure are a top notch "investigator". LMFFAO, MORE!!!!!!
Ultra's latest lack of "investigation". LMAO (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2726473#post2726473)

OGShocker
08-21-2007, 06:02 AM
Sell your boat & truck and drive a Prius or "whatever". Come on, take a stand! You can do it.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Sell your boat & truck and drive a Prius or "whatever". Come on, take a stand! You can do it.
Nah. I have to maintain my hypocrite image.:D :D
Besides, the Civic SI is running good.

never_fast_enuf
08-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Nah. I have to maintain my hypocrite image.:D :D
It isn't an image...