PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore and noise

THOR
08-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Folks,
I might be taking my boat to Elsinore on a Saturday. Are they testing for noise on the launch ramp? I have a 496HO with no mufflers, but my exhaust exits in the water.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-03-2007, 09:03 AM
We were just out on Sunday to test Danny's new boat and there was no testing going on at Marina West.

THOR
08-03-2007, 09:16 AM
We were just out on Sunday to test Danny's new boat and there was no testing going on at Marina West.
Good to know.

BrendellaJet
08-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Just watch out for the schmuck in the gold cart. Since you dont have headers I doubt you will have any issues. I cruised past the lake patrol with 800 hp through open headers, no baffles & no water and didn't get a second look.

Cole
08-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Folks,
I might be taking my boat to Elsinore on a Saturday. Are they testing for noise on the launch ramp? I have a 496HO with no mufflers, but my exhaust exits in the water.
Thats funny.....Elsinore and noise levels??

HM
08-03-2007, 10:06 AM
The old guy at the Marina will sometimes give people shit with headers. He is a cool old coot...he just assumes everyone is a moron, and his is probably right about 90% of the time.
In order to get a noise ticket on Elsinore...you got to stick out like a sore thumb and bring major attention to yourself. They are talking about cracking down on noise. My buddy is a sheriff in Elsinore and he wanted to get the water patrol detail, but he says they have quotas on tickets because it is an overtime detail and they don't want guys just kickin back on the water. If they don't write tickets, they won't get the detail.

BrendellaJet
08-03-2007, 10:13 AM
There is plenty of shit they could write tickets for other than loud boats!
I was out there three times week before last duing the weekdays from 12-3 or so. Every idiot PWC rider out there was cruising on plae through the no wake zone.

ol guy
08-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Holy moly is dead on the old guy in the golf cart is Danny also known as grumpy. If you don't have over-transom or headers he won't mess with you just give him a wave and say hey. And the LEO on the water are more after the PWC's and OUI's. Just remember that speed zone out in the middle. And about the OUI's just ask Teague Marine.

my21advantage
08-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Just remember that speed zone out in the middle. And about the OUI's just ask Teague Marine.
Umm...what that about???:idea:

ol guy
08-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Boat towed in by water cops, driver hooked up by L.E. sherrifs and off to the gray bar hotel, passenger told to walk, boat pulled out by water cops then hooked up to tow-truck and into impound. truck parked in parking lot. Very ugly situation.

WishIknew
11-24-2007, 10:42 PM
There is plenty of shit they could write tickets for other than loud boats!
I was out there three times week before last duing the weekdays from 12-3 or so. Every idiot PWC rider out there was cruising on plae through the no wake zone.
PLAE??????