PDA

View Full Version : Wrecking Yard? Ecology? Pick-A-Parts?? Etc...

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 12:11 PM
My car was stolen this past sunday and found it last night... busted the ignition to start it, ALLLLLLL MY speakers and stereo equip of course are gone my rims and brand new ****ing tires, engine parts etc... I am looking for a place that buys junked cars i just called around and ecology will give me 55 bucks hahahah WTF??? Im not looking to get a shit load of money for it but at least a couple hundy you know... I know their is some place who buys shit like this but i cant find any... Any input will be greatly appreciated... and NO i didnt have full coverage on it... just liability so its a loss on my end...
TIA...

Cole Trickle
08-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Is the body all busted up?
What would it take to get it running again?
Buy the parts off craigs list,etc.. and sell it as a complete car.
Sucks.....I hate fawking thievs!!!!:(:mad:

boats&bars
08-03-2007, 12:31 PM
was it reported stolen? did you tell the authorities it was found? Notify the insurance co? and or the bank, Dmv?hope that you did incase the car was used in a crime while stolen, you better get some thigs straitened out before you sell it. no offense but it seems kinda odd that someone steals your car, you find it stripped and now you want to sell it.......:idea:

Cole Trickle
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
was it reported stolen? did you tell the authorities it was found? Notify the insurance co? and or the bank, Dmv?hope that you did incase the car was used in a crime while stolen, you better get some thigs straitened out before you sell it. no offense but it seems kinda odd that someone steals your car, you find it stripped and now you want to sell it.......:idea:
I insure the car for liability only.
No need to involve the insurance company because nothing will come from it.
I think he is looking for options because the car while in good shape would sell for 2-3K and now that it is stripped it's not worth much. He is trying to make the best of a bad situation.

superdave013
08-03-2007, 12:35 PM
you might get more then 55 bucks at the scrapper.
Boat&bars, how it works when your car gets jacked. Cops call a few days later and tell you to come pick it up. Oh, and it looks like it was wrecked. Well when we went down to get my bro's elky the only thing left was the seat belts!

H20Advantage
08-03-2007, 12:35 PM
I think he is looking for options because the car while in good shape would sell for 2-3K and now that it is stripped it's not worth much. He is trying to make the best of a bad situation.
Probably get more by scrapping it pound by pound with metal prices these days.

pw_Tony
08-03-2007, 12:43 PM
some salvage yards that usually pay between 10-15% of the blue book of the car.
GTA(818)522-2262.
Precision (800)352-3751

boats&bars
08-03-2007, 12:43 PM
You wouldnt notify the Insurance co and cancel the policy?
you are required by law to report it to the dmv, via police report.
I agree it sucks, but he needs to cover his ass, what if the car was used in a drive by Shooting or even as small as getting parking tickets.you just never know these days, the owner is responsible for the car untill the report has been filed.

boats&bars
08-03-2007, 12:46 PM
you might get more then 55 bucks at the scrapper.
Boat&bars, how it works when your car gets jacked. Cops call a few days later and tell you to come pick it up. Oh, and it looks like it was wrecked. Well when we went down to get my bro's elky the only thing left was the seat belts!
I agree things do happen like that but you still have to report it.
I dont know Mainevent but it would suck for him to get tied up in legal trouble for 10 minutes of paperwork.

rrrr
08-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah, but when you call the insurance company for any reason they hit the skull and crossbones button on their computer......rate hike comin'.....

boats&bars
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, but when you call the insurance company for any reason they hit the skull and crossbones button on their computer......rate hike comin'.....
There is no coverage.
He only has liability. they cant point you because your car got stolen.
and they cant rate hike you for canceling a policy on a total loss.
they typically only hike rates when they pay out on a claim or you get pointed and or faulted.

Cole Trickle
08-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I agree it sucks, but he needs to cover his ass, what if the car was used in a drive by Shooting or even as small as getting parking tickets.you just never know these days, the owner is responsible for the car untill the report has been filed.
I talked to Alex yesterday.
I advised him to make a police report(this should clear him from all legality) and keep the car on the account for the next 3-4 weeks if it's not recovered sooner. You do this because alot of the time the car is recovered like it was and you need to go and drive it home yet you rushed to delete it from the policy. The insurance company will credit you from the day it was stolen.
Once he wrecks or sells the car we will take it off the acct and he will be credited.

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Filled out the police report the night i returned and noticed it was gone, and yesterday when my old co-worker found it in the ****in ghetto i called CHP and then got my recovery paperwork done aswell... so all my paper trail has been covered...
Brandon- No the body is in the shape it was before just the front bumper is hangin alot more LOL Not sure On how much $$$$ it would take to get her running to sell it... they took my plugs and plug wire distributor and valve covers bateries, etc... Im WAYYYYYYY over it... Like i said i would like to just get at least a full tank of gas in my truck for it you know... LOL
pw383426- Thanks i will try those numbers...
PS Brandon Im thinking a HD Heritage is coming soon... Instead of another car... How high am i looking $$$$ with my DUI and shit...?????

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Filled out the police report the night i returned and noticed it was gone, and yesterday when my old co-worker found it in the ****in ghetto i called CHP and then got my recovery paperwork done aswell... so all my paper trail has been covered...
Brandon- No the body is in the shape it was before just the front bumper is hangin alot more LOL Not sure On how much $$$$ it would take to get her running to sell it... they took my plugs and plug wire distributor and valve covers bateries, etc... Im WAYYYYYYY over it... Like i said i would like to just get at least a full tank of gas in my truck for it you know... LOL
PS Brandon Im thinking a HD Heritage is coming soon... Instead of another car... How high am i looking $$$$ with my DUI and shit...?????

Cole Trickle
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
cough cough........ don't do it unless you only want liability;):jawdrop:

boats&bars
08-03-2007, 01:08 PM
good thinking I would hate to see someone down on there luck get more drama then they need. what kind of car is it? good luck........

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 01:09 PM
I advised him to make a police report(this should clear him from all legality) and keep the car on the account for the next 3-4 weeks if it's not recovered sooner. You do this because alot of the time the car is recovered like it was and you need to go and drive it home yet you rushed to delete it from the policy. The insurance company will credit you from the day it was stolen.
Once he wrecks or sells the car we will take it off the acct and he will be credited.
Thats Why He's My Ins Agent..:D

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 01:11 PM
cough cough........ don't do it unless you only want liability;):jawdrop:
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :( DAMN ITTTTTTTT... I'll call you and see what im looking at...

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 01:11 PM
good thinking I would hate to see someone down on there luck get more drama then they need. what kind of car is it? good luck........
Acura Integra...

boats&bars
08-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Agreed cant he cancel the policiy it been recovered.

Cole Trickle
08-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Agreed cant he cancel the policiy it been recovered.
I would wait until it's sold/donated.
He currently has another full coverage vehicle on the account so the policy will continue. there are other DMV/Lic reasons why he should keep it on the account until title transfered.:)

boats&bars
08-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Post it on craigslist the import racers will eat it up, sorry if i came across as a dick, I just helped out a bud who had a streetbike stolen and didnt report it, turns out it was involved in a persuit, now he just now got his ass off the coals 6 weeks later. again sorry if i came off as a dick to you all, it wasnt meant that way:o

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Post it on craigslist the import racers will eat it up, sorry if i came across as a dick, I just helped out a bud who had a streetbike stolen and didnt report it, turns out it was involved in a persuit, now he just now got his ass off the coals 6 weeks later. again sorry if i came off as a dick to you all, it wasnt meant that way:o
Dont Trip... I've Been Worse LOL

Old school Ultra
08-03-2007, 01:28 PM
What city is the car in? Year & Make? And what is left? Interior? any wheels at all?

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
What city is the car in? Year & Make? And what is left? Interior? any wheels at all?
Im In L.A. the interior is all their they took my rims and left me with blacks, 94 acura integra, I have a guy with the motor N tranny i was gonna install full swap was gonna be 1700 and like i said has NO stereo AT ALL and some engine parts...
Here is what the car looked like before they stole and just picture it with black spare rims and some missing engine parts and stereo...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/MAINEVENTALEX/4sale002.jpg

cxr133
08-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Im In L.A. the interior is all their they took my rims and left me with blacks, 94 acura integra, I have a guy with the motor N tranny i was gonna install full swap was gonna be 1700 and like i said has NO stereo AT ALL and some engine parts...
Here is what the car looked like before they stole and just picture it with black spare rims and some missing engine parts and stereo...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/MAINEVENTALEX/4sale002.jpg
NICE....
how much did you want for it??
sound, tires and engines are replacable if the body and interior arent torn to shit

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 01:46 PM
NICE....
how much did you want for it??
sound, tires and engines are replacable if the body and interior arent torn to shit
If anyone wants it make an offer it all yours...

Big Kahunaa
08-03-2007, 01:54 PM
is the motor and trans is in now if so what is it

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
is the motor and trans is in now if so what is it
Yeah the motor and tranny are in... tired definately, but their... the car is an LS model with a 5 spd tranny...

djunkie
08-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Does it have an 8" exhaust tip too? :devil: :D :D

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Does it have an 8" exhaust tip too? :devil: :D :D
I dont remember is that how i returned her to you??? :jawdrop: :devil: :D

djunkie
08-03-2007, 02:21 PM
I dont remember is that how i returned her to you??? :jawdrop: :devil: :D
Quit trying to shift the focus on me bud. I'm not the one driving a lowered Integra with a ground effects kit. With your spiked hair it does fit you though. :D :D
J/K Sorry to hear your car got stolen. :(

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Quit trying to shift the focus on me bud. I'm not the one driving a lowered Integra with a ground effects kit. With your spiked hair it does fit you though. :D :D
J/K Sorry to hear your car got stolen. :(
You ****in PV Snob... :jawdrop: hahahah
And Ummmm My hair is'nt spiked :rolleyes: :)

djunkie
08-03-2007, 02:27 PM
You ****in PV Snob... :jawdrop: hahahah
And Ummmm My hair is'nt spiked :rolleyes: :)
Oh you shaved it now huh? And I don't live in P.V. anymore. I'm Lomita trash now. :D :D

Big Kahunaa
08-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah the motor and tranny are in... tired definately, but their... the car is an LS model with a 5 spd tranny...
is it a dual cam motor or a single with vtech and what size

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh you shaved it now huh? And I don't live in P.V. anymore. I'm Lomita trash now. :D :D
DAMN You left the good ole PV to live in SLUMITA trash aye LOL Well then i guess your alright haha And no Its just not spiked... ****in Long actually... :jawdrop:

djunkie
08-03-2007, 02:39 PM
DAMN You left the good ole PV to live in SLUMITA trash aye LOL Well then i guess your alright haha And no Its just not spiked... ****in Long actually... :jawdrop:
Well homes in Lomita are quite a bit cheaper than P.V. Funny thing is I'm about a mile from there. :rolleyes: :D

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 02:42 PM
is it a dual cam motor or a single with vtech and what size
1.8L DOHC NOt V-Tech...

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Well homes in Lomita are quite a bit cheaper than P.V. Funny thing is I'm about a mile from there. :rolleyes: :D
Yeah But your that much closer to Lomita 13 :jawdrop: LOL

Big Kahunaa
08-03-2007, 03:27 PM
1.8L DOHC NOt V-Tech...
:idea: that would be a good swap in to my 89 civic :idea:

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 03:28 PM
:idea: that would be a good swap in to my 89 civic :idea:
It need to be freshened up tho...

djunkie
08-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah But your that much closer to Lomita 13 :jawdrop: LOL
Not quite. I'm not by Narbonne (shit hole) High. I'm in the Torrance P.V. corner.

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Not quite. I'm not by Narbonne (shit hole) High. I'm in the Torrance P.V. corner.
I used to work off of Crest Rd and Crenshaw... Kickass town kindof boring though (PV everything closes at 9 or 10pm) unless you cruise to Pier Ave, or Manhattan... You know your next move is Harbor Shitty... :eek: :D

djunkie
08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I used to work off of Crest Rd and Crenshaw... Kickass town kindof boring though (PV everything closes at 9 or 10pm) unless you cruise to Pier Ave, or Manhattan... You know your next move is Harbor Shitty... :eek: :D
Kinda like Corona huh? :D
I bought a house that I can stay in for a long time. :D

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Kinda like Corona huh? :D
I bought a house that I can stay in for a long time. :D
I couldnt tell you I live the Wonderful Shitty Of Lost Angels... We're in a league of our own :D
Sweet Hombre Congrats...

Old school Ultra
08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I am in the car Biz, I see alot of these go thru the auction in this shape, Advertise it on Craigs and the Recycler for about $2500..OBO you will get some offers.... Good luck

MAINEVENT
08-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I am in the car Biz, I see alot of these go thru the auction in this shape, Advertise it on Craigs and the Recycler for about $2500..OBO you will get some offers.... Good luck
I will try that...