PDA

View Full Version : New to the Site...............

J bonz
08-03-2007, 12:12 PM
And looking to buy a 18' jet. I was raised on one until we slowly moved up to a Cig topgun. Now I finally graduated and i'm ready to accept offers in Wisconsin, my fiance and I are ready to take the plunge on a boat. The cig is my dads and I's. The big boat is staying in ohio for a few years. but I want a jet like I was raised on to enjoy for a few years. Is there any WI ***boaters out there that can show me the ropes of where to go/ noise laws?
I know there are alot of lakes but, will I get tickets with a bad **s jet?
Jr.

J bonz
08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Any one..........................

pw_Tony
08-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Yea you should get some mufflers if yah get a boat with headers!
Don't know of any 18' for sale, and usually this board would get 5x more than the Sandbar about jets. Sorry, good luck!

thehotrodguy
08-06-2007, 05:02 AM
I have an 18' Galaxie, sbc w/ mild cam, berkeley JE pump w/ splitbowl. Interior nice, clearcoat peeling a little on the deck. Bubbledeck boat, 2 buckets and a bench. Not scary by any means, but a good, reliable boat that will easily hit 70 with a big block (or maybe some juice). Runs a solid 55 now, with 4 people and a cooler full of beer. Shoot me an email - thehotrodguy@gmail.com and I'll send you pics. I live in MD, would be willing to meet you partway or help arrange for shipping. I'm not rushed to sell it, but willing to at a fair price. I have a couple of other jets, and am going to seatrial another one wednesday, so this boat selling would make my wife very happy.
Good luck,
Andrew

J bonz
08-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the replies, Still cant decide wether to go with a jet due to the noise. I really dont know the laws or lakes up here in WI
Jr.

ck7684
08-09-2007, 12:02 PM
So dont use OT headers...I wouldnt want the noise myself, and the residents of lake I go to wouldnt tolerate open headers very long, law or no law. Find something with TT exhaust and you shouldnt have any problems...

J bonz
08-09-2007, 08:33 PM
So dont use OT headers...I wouldnt want the noise myself, and the residents of lake I go to wouldnt tolerate open headers very long, law or no law. Find something with TT exhaust and you shouldnt have any problems...
No offense but, if thats the case, I will probably try to find a 22 apache with an outboard. I was raised on an 18' bubble deck, BBC, high rise manifold, duel quads, OT headers. It was always a dream to finally get back to my roots and buy one. Even if it meant it was a trailer queen. But, now I am feeling that the jets not a good Idea.
Jr.

pw_Tony
08-09-2007, 10:33 PM
:D No offense but, if thats the case, I will probably try to find a 22 apache with an outboard. I was raised on an 18' bubble deck, BBC, high rise manifold, duel quads, OT headers. It was always a dream to finally get back to my roots and buy one. Even if it meant it was a trailer queen. But, now I am feeling that the jets not a good Idea.
Jr.
http://i15.tinypic.com/4t6g3mr.jpg

J bonz
08-09-2007, 10:55 PM
:D
http://i15.tinypic.com/4t6g3mr.jpg
WOW, thats the style jet I was raised on except it was blue........... That green one is bad **S. thanks for the reply. That reasures my dreams......
Jr.

ck7684
08-10-2007, 04:10 AM
You'd rather have an outboard than TT exhaust on a jet???:sqeyes:

J bonz
08-10-2007, 09:26 AM
You'd rather have an outboard than TT exhaust on a jet???:sqeyes:
If they arent ovet the transome headers than, yes I would rather have an outboard................
Jr.

EAZYKILLER2006
08-10-2007, 09:28 AM
hi
Newbie!

ck7684
08-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Well then...check around the local laws for lakes in the area you plan on being in. Perhaps some of the larger lakes are more tolerant of noise...?
Here's what I found...
http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/statelaws/Wisconsin.html#Noise

J bonz
08-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Well then...check around the local laws for lakes in the area you plan on being in. Perhaps some of the larger lakes are more tolerant of noise...?
Here's what I found...
http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/statelaws/Wisconsin.html#Noise
Thanks for the search...............

wet77
08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Any one..........................
Where in WI are you located?
I'm in Stevns Point (central part of the state)
I am running a one of a kind 21' daytona with a blown 540
As far as the noise laws most boats wont pass but I have never been checked or warned about my exhaust and thats with headers and over 1000HP:D

W.O.T
08-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Just run a good set of baffles in your headers. ive never been hassled.

J bonz
08-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Where in WI are you located?
I'm in Stevns Point (central part of the state)
I am running a one of a kind 21' daytona with a blown 540
As far as the noise laws most boats wont pass but I have never been checked or warned about my exhaust and thats with headers and over 1000HP:D
I am in milwaukee but, I would drive to an inland lake to use if I knew I wouldnt be hassled
Jr.

wet77
08-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I run the WI river mostly and have never had problems
Rule to follow is dont push your luck, like making 10 passes in front of the same place as some people will get upset and complain which then brings the law down on you:devil:
my inlaws are moving to Green Bay and I was going to check out that water too:idea:

J bonz
08-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I run the WI river mostly and have never had problems
Rule to follow is dont push your luck, like making 10 passes in front of the same place as some people will get upset and complain which then brings the law down on you:devil:
my inlaws are moving to Green Bay and I was going to check out that water too:idea:
Thanks for the reply...... It gives me some good confidence to buy a jet
Jr.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-11-2007, 06:25 AM
:D
Daaayum:eek: Who did that photochop? Thats my friend Randy's driveway. i wonder if he knows about that:D

cave
08-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Randy posted that a while back... Who says OT headers creates noise. Sissy:D. Thats Music to my ears... Not to mention the safty factor with all the boom boom boats cutting me off.
I have baffles ready when I need them:(

J bonz
08-11-2007, 09:35 AM
My fiancee loves that green one................. She said is THAT FOR SALE????