PDA

View Full Version : puke tank ?

wright on
08-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I have about 4 hours on new upper rebuild, 454, B&M 420 blower, I go to check dip stick, oil looks like new out of oil pan, then I read the previous post on puke tanks. I unscrew the drain plug on puke tank, And its milkshake coming out. WTF? Now Im going to try and drain all oil and see what it looks like. If clean should I fill it back up and runnit or I guess I know the other outcome I am screwwed. any suggestions

Havasu Hangin'
08-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Both mine get a little milky on top...I'm told it's from condensation from the motors running so cold.

wright on
08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
thanks for the info. I drained the oil and it looks good. Im second guessing my self when I cleaned everything if there was water inside before installing on motor. Im cleaning out good, more oil, and to the lake I go.

DCBob
08-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Both mine get a little milky on top...I'm told it's from condensation from the motors running so cold.
Mine does the same thing....clean oil milky stuff out of bottom of puke tank. I agree w/condensation!

Jspeeddemon
08-08-2007, 07:03 AM
It's most likely due to high humidity in the air and the motor running cool, turn the water supply down, heat the motor up to 200, with a vacuum source, for a brief time and the water will steam out the crankcase.

Jbb
08-08-2007, 08:52 AM
It's most likely due to high humidity in the air and the motor running cool, turn the water supply down, heat the motor up to 200, with a vacuum source, for a brief time and the water will steam out the crankcase.
And into the lines and tank...........normal to see in the puke tank...