PDA

View Full Version : If I were a terrorist,

Mountainstone
08-03-2007, 04:45 PM
I would focus on the 3000 dams and thousands of bridges that are apparently moments away from collapsing all over the country. A local news report today mentioned that all the information on which structures are most vulnerable is in the public domain; some of it accessible through your state DOT website.
I appreciate that we will only make this a priority by holding up the issue in a public forum, but I find advertising our vulnerabilities a little unsettling. If a bridge can fall with no trigger event, how many would drop with just one or two well-placed homemade shaped charges? Nobody would see 'em, and several could be planted over a period of days and detonated all at once. A city(ies) could be shut down in moments.
I don't have a solution for this problem yet; lemme finish another growler of hefeweizen and I'll get back to you.

ratso
08-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I would focus on the 3000 dams and thousands of bridges that are apparently moments away from collapsing all over the country. A local news report today mentioned that all the information on which structures are most vulnerable is in the public domain; some of it accessible through your state DOT website.
I appreciate that we will only make this a priority by holding up the issue in a public forum, but I find advertising our vulnerabilities a little unsettling. If a bridge can fall with no trigger event, how many would drop with just one or two well-placed homemade shaped charges? Nobody would see 'em, and several could be planted over a period of days and detonated all at once. A city(ies) could be shut down in moments.
I don't have a solution for this problem yet; lemme finish another growler of hefeweizen and I'll get back to you.
Dude... you're scary...:jawdrop: :D

RiverToysJas
08-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Live Free......not scared! ;)
If they want to attack us, there are thousands of ways......so what? Enjoy life!
RTJas ;)

Tom Brown
08-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I've always had a disdain for smoking but right now, I feel like buying a pack and knocking them back one after another.

Tom Brown
08-03-2007, 05:04 PM
If I were a terrorist.....
If I were an anti-terrorist, I'd keep a very close eye on you. :D

HocusPocus
08-03-2007, 05:15 PM
If I had a hammer
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening ... all over this land,
I'd hammer out danger
I'd hammer out a warning
I'd hammer out love between all of my brothers and my sisters